PDA

View Full Version : Hands down Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.

johnkdbr
02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
It would be a crime if we pass on Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St. with our number 8 pick. This guy is a game changer. You could put him up there with AP & CP as big play threats. He would start day 1 across from Rhodes & return punts & by the end of the year I think would have a chance at rookie of the year. This guy is lightning quick & fast. Int TD returns & punt returns. Just hope we pull the trigger.

313zoe
02-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Only way he get drafted is Mack, Barr and all top 3 QB's are gone then yea pull tha trigger on him and they have no depth at tha CB's position so this would be a nice pick up as well

vikingsfan620
02-28-2014, 07:34 PM
I completely agree with this pick. Even if Mack is still on the board. Everything about this guy has superstar CB all over it. Plays man coverage extremely well and can also pay the run.Most of all he is a speedster. No way he should get past 8.

jargomcfargo
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Josh Robinson is faster.

vikingsfan620
02-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Not by much and Gilbert is far better in coverage. BUT I still have high hopes for Robinson to get it together and be extremly productive.. I really believe that Zimmer along with Turner will get the most out of their players on BOTH sides of the ball.Something they lacked with the last staff,motivation,teaching and most importantly support to succeed. But yes Robinson is faster than Gilbert......lol

2beersTommy
02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
really, thats your argument? Lol Josh Robinson couldnt cover his own nut sack with his hand.

Troy Williamson was faster than most, how did that work out?

If Mack is there @ 8, Id pick him every time!!

MaxVike
02-28-2014, 11:38 PM
really, thats your argument? Lol Josh Robinson couldnt cover his own nut sack with his hand.

Damn dude... So, Josh has elderly man balls? TMI

There are great arguments for many players at #8. Gilbert, Mack, Carr, Barr, Bortles, Ford (yes, Ford), and Mosley, etc, could be worthy.

kevoncox
03-01-2014, 04:30 AM
Gilbert got burnt at an incredible pace last year. Dennard is the true shut down corner. Only 31 passess attempted to his side last season. There's a reason.

purpleblood32
03-01-2014, 08:51 AM
good point thats under 3 attempts per game

jargomcfargo
03-01-2014, 10:22 AM

No. If you are referring to my post, my point is that one should be cautious about evaluating players based on combine a measurable. Robinson was the fastest guy at the combine and can't cover worth a crap. About the only thing that is really important at the combine are the interviews.
I'd take Mack over a cornerback as well. But I'm kind of hoping for a Bellichek type draft, with the Vikings moving back in the first and second rounds for more picks. Lots of good players in this draft. And lots of holes to plug.

johnkdbr
03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
It's not just the speed that Gilbert has it's his quickness. His ability to cut on a dime. Put him on C Johnson & with his speed & quickness & leaping ability Gilbert shuts him down. Plus don't forget his punt return ability. We draft him we not only get a shutdown corner but someone who will put points on the board on a regular basis. Think about this...If one of the top two OL or Sammy Watkins is still on the board we could even trade back a couple of spots, pick up an extra 2nd round & 4th round pick & still get Gilbert in the first round.

VikingsFan1234
03-01-2014, 01:31 PM
It's not just the speed that Gilbert has it's his quickness. His ability to cut on a dime. Put him on C Johnson & with his speed & quickness & leaping ability Gilbert shuts him down. Plus don't forget his punt return ability. We draft him we not only get a shutdown corner but someone who will put points on the board on a regular basis. Think about this...If one of the top two OL or Sammy Watkins is still on the board we could even trade back a couple of spots, pick up an extra 2nd round & 4th round pick & still get Gilbert in the first round.

I would not mind that but if the Vikings pass on Dennard and the Lions select Dennard, I would not be too happy about it

Ranger
03-01-2014, 04:46 PM

You're selling him a little too hard, homeskillet. He hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet, but he can shut down Megatron? Might wanna pump the brakes on that one.

purpleblood32
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
You're selling him a little too hard, homeskillet. He hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet, but he can shut down Megatron? Might wanna pump the brakes on that one.

combine stuff can push a guy up the draft board that doesnt belong there .i havent seen justin gilbert play the tape doesnt lie ...running around a field without pads hhhmmm shows if a guy is stiff in the hips quick feet ..but what about his football instincts

Ranger
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
combine stuff can push a guy up the draft board that doesnt belong there .i havent seen justin gilbert play the tape doesnt lie ...running around a field without pads hhhmmm shows if a guy is stiff in the hips quick feet ..but what about his football instincts

Nobody thought Sherman would be nearly as good as he is, and nobody felt Revis would be as good as he wound up being. You don't really know until they're out there playing professional ball.

VikingsFan1234
03-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Nobody thought Sherman would be nearly as good as he is, and nobody felt Revis would be as good as he wound up being. You don't really know until they're out there playing professional ball.

Revis good? If Revis was good, why did he let Ted Ginn Junior burn him for a touchdown? He is not that good

Ranger
03-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Revis good? If Revis was good, why did he let Ted Ginn Junior burn him for a touchdown? He is not that good

Everybody is going to get burned from time to time. No cornerback has had a perfect career.

Revis was better than he is now, but he's still a fantastic corner, and he was the best corner for a hot minute.

mountainviking
03-02-2014, 09:46 AM
I would not mind that but if the Vikings pass on Dennard and the Lions select Dennard, I would not be too happy about it

Yeah but, what if the Lions draft Watkins to pair with Megatron!?!??? Ouch!

midgensa
03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Yeah but, what if the Lions draft Watkins to pair with Megatron!?!??? Ouch!

I am actually terrified of this happening.

Every mock I see where Watkins is available at 8 and the three QBs are gone have the Vikes taking Watkins ... because lord knows Megatron and Watkins would be something NOBODY in the league wants to see.

I like Gilbert, but Gilbert or Dennard at No. 8 appears to be a stretch right now. I also don't think Barr fits if we stay a 4-3.

If Watkins is at No. 8 and Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles are gone ... I feel like we have to take him.

jargomcfargo
03-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I am actually terrified of this happening.

Every mock I see where Watkins is available at 8 and the three QBs are gone have the Vikes taking Watkins ... because lord knows Megatron and Watkins would be something NOBODY in the league wants to see.

I like Gilbert, but Gilbert or Dennard at No. 8 appears to be a stretch right now. I also don't think Barr fits if we stay a 4-3.

If Watkins is at No. 8 and Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles are gone ... I feel like we have to take him.
Or they may trade back with someone not in their division.