PDA

View Full Version : how many starters will come from this deep draft ?

purpleblood32
02-26-2014, 12:12 PM
WOULD love to have 4 rookies starting next year ..having such high first , second with two 3rd rounders and a deep draft . hhhmmm interesting thought .mix in a few free agents and a new coaching staff ...im excited

vikingsfan620
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I too am extremely excited for this season to get under way.. I think if they draft well that we can get easily 5 or 6 starters from this draft..the question is though, how many from last year's draft will get a shot to start? Mauti,Hodges,Baca all could get a shot this year... But some of the STARS in this draft, no matter the position will be hard to pass up...

NordicNed
02-27-2014, 06:30 AM
i'm just wishing for a solid draft. For me, that would be, 2 maybe 3 starters out of the group of picks. Anything less than that would be a disapointment. Anything more would be SWEET!

thorshammer
02-27-2014, 07:47 AM
i'm just wishing for a solid draft. For me, that would be, 2 maybe 3 starters out of the group of picks. Anything less than that would be a disapointment. Anything more would be SWEET!
+1

313zoe
02-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I could see 2 or 3 rookies from this draft starting on this defense and tha other half of tha starting defense will cum from free agency

drewlovs
02-28-2014, 11:24 AM
I would LOVE to see us (barring a top 3 QB falling to us) trade back in the first for a late round #1 and an extra 2nd round pick, and do the same thing in round 2.

That would give us 1 late 1st round pick, 2 late 2nd round picks, and 3 3rd round picks, ALL of which could be starters next year.

6 picks in the top 96 would do WONDERS for our team!!

purpleblood32
02-28-2014, 04:18 PM
trade value for 8th pick is 1400 points ..we would get a late fist and an additional two picks either two 3s or a combination 2 and 3 to equal 1400 points ...not two first rounders

vikingsfan620
02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Actually he said trade back in the first, which would be our original first rounder just later in the round and gain an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder as well.giving us two 2nd round and three 3rd round picks..which sounds amazing to me. All the hype on these QBs is media garbage,none are really worth the risk,trade back is the eazy choice

Lippythelion69
03-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Back is the way to go

purpleblood32
03-01-2014, 08:48 AM
you dont like borteles mack or watkins

midgensa
03-02-2014, 01:11 PM
On the Fanspeak mock draft ... I have done about 1,000 drafts and I think it is VERY possible to get as many as 4, maybe even five starters from this draft.

If things fall our way ... in the first we will get a starter at either QB/WR/LB ... in the second we could easily get a starter at QB (if Carr)/CB (Roby, Verrett, Fuller)/LB (Borland, Shazier)/DT(Jernigan, Donald, Hageman) and many of those guys could ALSO be around in the the third where we have TWO picks.

IF Mettenberger or McCarron or Garropolo convince us they can start, then we can nab a starting QB as late as our second third rounder.

It is very possible for us to find starter material throughout the first five rounds of this draft at QB, WR, ILB, OLB, DT, CB and S with an outside shot for an upgrade at G.

If the draft bounces friendly ... or we trade back in the first round to grab Carr there and get some more picks in the top 4 rounds ... we could find ourselves 4 or 5 starters and be young, hungry and FINALLY well coached all at the same time!

drewlovs
03-03-2014, 11:09 AM
trade value for 8th pick is 1400 points ..we would get a late fist and an additional two picks either two 3s or a combination 2 and 3 to equal 1400 points ...not two first rounders

I figured that wasn't very clear. Here is a better way of saying it:

#8 traded for Late 1st round +that team's 2nd round pick **(+3rd round 49ers deal)
#8 in second round traded for that team's late second round pick+ their 3rd round pick
giving us:
Round
1st- 1 late round pick
2nd- 2 late round picks
3rd- #8 +2 late round picks **(#8+THREE late round picks)
~~all this means 6 or even 7 picks in the top 96; I've heard from multiple sources the top 100 in this draft are potentially ALL eventual starters, though that is extremely optimistic.~~

**On a side note, I saw a trade idea with the 49ers where our #8 would give us the 49ers #30 in the first, their #30 in the second + one of their 3rd round picks. If we could pull THAT off, it would mean FOUR 3rd round picks.