PDA

View Full Version : Vikings rested before their Super Bowls

singersp
01-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Vikings rested before their Super Bowls

Vikings rested before their Super Bowls Sansevere's Huddle (http://blogs.twincities.com/sansevereshuddle/2014/01/30/vikings-rested-before-their-super-bowls/)

Purple Floyd
01-31-2014, 08:42 PM
Some would say they rested during a few of those SB's as well.

Minniman
02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
I have read this before. Bud Grant made a big mistake if this is true. Light drills and game film preparation can make a huge difference in a single game.

RK.
02-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Once again look out your window if you live in MN. In order to practice Bud would have had to load the team up on a plane and take them to Florida or Texas or Calif in order to practice. The Met was an ice rink at this time of year. Maybe he felt that resting up would be better than two weeks of road work. Just a thought.

VikesfaninWis
02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Some would say they rested during a few of those SB's as well.

I was gonna say the same thing until I read your post.

RK.
02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
They did not rest during those Super Bowls. They played their best but just got beat. Any given Sunday.

VikingsFan1234
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Honestly, I think they just ran into better teams unfortanely

Minniman
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Once again look out your window if you live in MN. In order to practice Bud would have had to load the team up on a plane and take them to Florida or Texas or Calif in order to practice. The Met was an ice rink at this time of year. Maybe he felt that resting up would be better than two weeks of road work. Just a thought.
Light drills and game film preparation can make a huge difference in a single game.

RK.
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Look they got to the super bowl with one week to prepare for games all season long. The Super Bowl is hyped but really it is just another football game with two teams doing their best to win. You say light drills...where do you think they were going to run those light drills? They did practice the week before the big game they just took off a week before getting ready to play. Most teams get off for the bye week during the season then start practice the week before their next game. You can over prepare for a game you know. TMI can keep you from playing in the way that got you there in the first place.