PDA

View Full Version : So Impressed in interviews...

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 03:44 AM
So, the Vikings are "so impressed" with Dan Quinn and Darrell Bevell and today or tomorrow, they are going to interview Ray Horton and I am sure they will be "so impressed" with Ray Horton, does that mean they are going to hire all of them as head coaches? :irked:

AngloVike
01-06-2014, 08:18 AM
The good part is that we're not rushing straight in and offering the job the first person interviewed as happened before with Chilly and Frazier. I'm happy to see a little more due diligence being done this time round.

Mark_The_Viking
01-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Of those three is there a general preference? Bevell might be a favourite

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
The good part is that we're not rushing straight in and offering the job the first person interviewed as happened before with Chilly and Frazier. I'm happy to see a little more due diligence being done this time round.

True, I am glad to see that they learned their lesson

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Of those three is there a general preference? Bevell might be a favourite

I think Dan Quinn is probably the favorite right now

rednorsk
01-06-2014, 09:53 AM
I guess the one thing I would say is the Vikings new head coach can't be a "nice guy". That was Frazier's biggest problem.

bleedpurple
01-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I guess the one thing I would say is the Vikings new head coach can't be a "nice guy". That was Frazier's biggest problem.

no his biggest problem was the staff he chose to hire... and all of their lack of imagination.

singersp
01-06-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't get why some fans are liking the idea of Bevell as head coach. It was only a few years ago when fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

2beersTommy
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM

honestly, I know the "nice guy" rubbed the fans the wrong way, but the players played hard for Frazier up until the end..I believe that Frazier & Speilman couldn't get on the same page..for some reason..

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I don't get why some fans are liking the idea of Bevell as head coach. It was only a few years ago when fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

They must be on drugs

i_bleed_purple
01-06-2014, 10:49 AM
With the Bengals out of the picture now, hopefully we bring in Zimmer.

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Vikings are going to interview Todd Bowles today

battleaxe4cheese
01-06-2014, 11:59 AM

no his biggest problem was the staff he chose to hire... and all of their lack of imagination.

Lack of imagination?

Blazer package anyone? /sarcasm

PInfante97
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
They must be on drugs

Bill Musgrave makes Darrel Bevell look like Vince Lombardi...

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Sad but true

MaxVike
01-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I actually think Bevell will be a good head coach. Also, remember, Childress ruled the roost with an iron fist. Not saying Bevell is the second coming, but, just that I think Chilly was a hindrance.

313zoe
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
I say hire Zimmer or Gruden

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I actually think Bevell will be a good head coach. Also, remember, Childress ruled the roost with an iron fist. Not saying Bevell is the second coming, but, just that I think Chilly was a hindrance.

:rofl:

MaxVike
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I say hire Zimmer or Gruden

Yep, or Bowles

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Yep, or Bowles

What about Horton or Quinn?

MaxVike
01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I like Quinn too…need to look into Horton a bit more. Whoever the new HC is, he needs to bring great coordinators. Not sure which one of these guys is best connected…

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I like Quinn too…need to look into Horton a bit more. Whoever the new HC is, he needs to bring great coordinators. Not sure which one of these guys is best connected…

That is true

313zoe
01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
My ? is wonder who our HC coordinators going to be

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
My ? is wonder who our HC coordinators going to be

Hopefully NOT Bill Musgrave and Alan Williams

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Vikings are interested in Greg Roman, I do not know much about him..any thoughts on him?

tastywaves
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Hopefully NOT Bill Musgrave and Alan Williams

I think your safe on that one or I will start sharpening my pitchfork.

MaxVike
01-06-2014, 02:46 PM
i think your safe on that one or i will start sharpening my pitchfork.

lol…+1

FuadFan
01-06-2014, 03:23 PM
So, the Vikings are "so impressed" with Dan Quinn and Darrell Bevell and today or tomorrow, they are going to interview Ray Horton and I am sure they will be "so impressed" with Ray Horton, does that mean they are going to hire all of them as head coaches? :irked:

You do realize that whether they liked Seattle's coaches or not they can't actually hire them until their playoffs are done?

2beersTommy
01-06-2014, 04:23 PM
i actually think bevell will be a good head coach. Also, remember, childress ruled the roost with an iron fist. Not saying bevell is the second coming, but, just that i think chilly was a hindrance.

^^this^^

johnkdbr
01-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I think we need Zimmer. Our defense was the week link. Look at all the games we would of won if we had a top flight defense. Draft defense in the first round then grab a QB inn the 2nd or 3rd round. Resign Cassel, he can be a game manager. Bring in a good OC & DC & spend a little money in FA. & by god start featuring AP in the passing game....Remember how Favre used AP in the passing game...Screens, dump offs...Our offense is ok it's our defense that blows...

b_sandhar_29
01-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't like roman. I'm from the Bay Area and watch a lot of niner games. The DC V.F. Is a lot better. I do think it's not the end of the world getting roman as he'll give us a smash mouth football type attitude that harbaugh has established at Stanford and SF. Something we need since we have a great run game.

Purple Floyd
01-06-2014, 06:45 PM

+1.

I already told my wife if they hire Bevell I am burning every item I own that has anything to do with the Vikings.

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
You do realize that whether they liked Seattle's coaches or not they can't actually hire them until their playoffs are done?

Yeah, I already know that

VikingsFan1234
01-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Here is some interesting news

1500ESPNJudd: Hmmm RT@NFL_DraftGuru: Just got info that Mike Zimmer is far and above @Vikings top choce for it's next head coach, it is his job to lose

That is great news if that is true

MaxVike
01-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Here is some interesting news

1500ESPNJudd: Hmmm RT@NFL_DraftGuru: Just got info that Mike Zimmer is far and above @Vikings top choce for it's next head coach, it is his job to lose

That is great news if that is true

I hope this is the case.

Mark_The_Viking
01-07-2014, 06:30 AM
+1.

I already told my wife if they hire Bevell I am burning every item I own that has anything to do with the Vikings.
Don't do that give it to me!

2beersTommy
01-07-2014, 07:16 AM
+1.

Take pictures! haha

MaxVike
01-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Re: Zimmer. Check this out, just what the Vikes need! http://youtu.be/oxLLqLIutuA

C Mac D
01-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Pretty refreshing to hear Zimmer is the leading candidate. Sounds like they're committed to doing it right this time... only took 8 years.

VikingsFan1234
01-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Ian Rapport @ Rapsheet27s

Heard the Vikings interview with Cardinals DC Todd Bowles went incredibly well yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes final 3

IBleedPurple11
01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
We REALLY need someone with some damn sideline emotion, I want to see a coach get fired up when we score, get an interception, make a big play etc....and get pissed when something bad happens - im tired of them showing our coach and he has the same facial expressions no matter whats going on - unless your name is Bill Belicheck - SHOW SOME DAMN EMOTION! Look at Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh for example....and look where their teams are right now....

AND HOW THE HELL DO I CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!?!?! You can tell I havnt changed it in a while haha....ill "SHOW SIGNATURE" so you can see....

bleedpurple
01-07-2014, 02:42 PM
We REALLY need someone with some damn sideline emotion, I want to see a coach get fired up when we score, get an interception, make a big play etc....and get pissed when something bad happens - im tired of them showing our coach and he has the same facial expressions no matter whats going on - unless your name is Bill Belicheck - SHOW SOME DAMN EMOTION! Look at Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh for example....and look where their teams are right now....

AND HOW THE HELL DO I CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!?!?! You can tell I havnt changed it in a while haha....ill "SHOW SIGNATURE" so you can see....

I feel where your coming from, however, i think the most important thing in a head coach is that he is a leader, competent, and hires good coaches that know what they are doing... We need good coordinators who have imagination and can alter their schemes to fit and get the most out of the personnel we have here...

VikesfaninWis
01-07-2014, 03:38 PM
That's one thing I liked about Tice, he always showed emotion. I agree, its been pretty lame watching Frazier on the sideline. If we were up by 30 or down by 30, he looks the same.

VikingsFan1234
01-07-2014, 04:08 PM
That's one thing I liked about Tice, he always showed emotion. I agree, its been pretty lame watching Frazier on the sideline. If we were up by 30 or down by 30, he looks the same.

And what did his emotion do? Choked away 2 division titles against the Packers, I hate the meathead

bleedpurple
01-07-2014, 04:37 PM
And what did his emotion do? Choked away 2 division titles against the Packers, I hate the meathead

atleast he had solid teams with shitty drafting and a bare bones scounting department and the smallest coaching staff in the league... he wasn't as bad as many think!

VikesfaninWis
01-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Look what he had to work with?

jargomcfargo
01-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I feel where your coming from, however, i think the most important thing in a head coach is that he is a leader, competent, and hires good coaches that know what they are doing... We need good coordinators who have imagination and can alter their schemes to fit and get the most out of the personnel we have here...
+1

Caine
01-10-2014, 07:38 AM
atleast he had solid teams with shitty drafting and a bare bones scounting department and the smallest coaching staff in the league... he wasn't as bad as many think!
+100

Tice got screwed every way imaginable by Red "blows Goats" McCombs. Yet he managed to succeed despite all of that. I thought he did VERY well with what he was given.

Caine

singersp
01-10-2014, 08:36 AM
I just hope Spelman doesn't screw this up while searching far & wide for a HC. By the time he's done with his thorough search, pros to high school, those "top candidates" & "finalists" on his list may be all inked elsewhere & we will end up with the 7th best candidate.

Of course if that happens, Ricky will say he got the man he targeted & wanted.

313zoe
01-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Hire Zimmer and let him fix this team before somebody else get him