PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Ravens Post Game Thread

thorshammer
12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
The Tobi none fumble. The crack back block penalty on us when Patterson got to the two. The pass interference at the end when we intercepted Flacco. Three crap calls where the officials determined the outcome of the game.

marshallvike
12-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't mind losing so much, but losing because of the refs sucks. Who am I kidding, I hated losing this one.

idahovikefan7
12-08-2013, 03:50 PM
@AdrianPeterson: Wow talking about bad officiating & the worst fan base I've ever experience! They threw snow balls the entire 4q like lil kids. Smh

Sums that one up...

idahovikefan7
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
It's one thing to completely blow a call. But to then review that blown call and blow it again is unbelievable. Those refs should not have a job.

EricTheViking
12-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Blaming the officials for a loss is often a cop out and good teams bounce back from bad calls. But today I do blame the refs. You can't bounce back from that many bad calls. They truly screwed the Vikings today and, of all of them, it was simply incredible that they ruled that a fumble after reviewing the damn thing. Even the announcers were completely stunned.

VikesfaninWis
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I will admit that I am hoping for the Vikings to lose the rest of the way, ONLY because I want Frazier fired and a good draft pick. The refs clearly fucked everything up. Officiating in pro sports across the board is horrible, but when you go back and look at replays and still fuck the call up, there is absolutely no excuse for that. Gerhart did not fumble, his knee was clearly down, and Greenway did not cause pass interference, the receiver fell down, BIG Difference you piece of shit officials.

On a side note, this loss helps in getting rid of Frazier and this entire lousy ass excuse of a coaching staff. It assures this team of getting rid of Ponder, Freeman, and possibly even Cassel and getting a real Head Coach, and a real QB in here. This also sets us up better in the draft then if they had won.. The only thing this team is playing for now is draft positioning.

313zoe
12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
They gone get AP killed please hurry up and fire the coaches and get him some help

EricTheViking
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I would like to add that I truly hope we never see Ponder on the field again. Let him go be a nice guy doing something else in life. Still, since this organization can't seem to learn anything, i wouldn't be surprised if they put him back out there again.

MaxVike
12-08-2013, 04:41 PM
The Vikes played with heart…gave it everything they had. Ditto for the Ravens.

That ref crew was really effing bad.

Our 3 1st Rounders are coming of age. Patterson is already one helluva player, my goodness….dude is a playmaker in all senses of the word! Rhodes will be a very good CB IMHO, hopefully, his injury isn't bad. Floyd, when he gets the chance will deliver, I'm confident he will be a very good player.

vikinggreg
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
The Vikes played with heart…gave it everything they had. Ditto for the Ravens.

That ref crew was really effing bad.

Our 3 1st Rounders are coming of age. Patterson is already one helluva player, my goodness….dude is a playmaker in all senses of the word! Rhodes will be a very good CB IMHO, hopefully, his injury isn't bad. Floyd, when he gets the chance will deliver, I'm confident he will be a very good player.
Heartbreaker, players good effort on the road, Ponderless Vikings are better waiting for next step Frazierless Vikings

Suick
12-08-2013, 06:16 PM
One of the most unbelievable finishes I've seen in 45 years of watching football. All I could say was "unbelievable" over and over. We were completely phucked by the refs.

One thing you can say about this year, is that it's not been boring.

I say we keep Cassel and draft the best QB we can get.

Suick
12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
They gone get AP killed please hurry up and fire the coaches and get him some help

:think:

NeoVikesTX
12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Entertaining game even though we came up a little short. Last season we won all of these close games, this season we are losing all of them.

Any update on Peterson's ankle injury? That did not look good when he first went down.

C Mac D
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Hopefully that loss seals the deal for Frazier and Co.... those morons can't get fired fast enough.

vikesrgreat2
12-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I missed the game due to a family Christmas party, but was heartbroken by the way the Vikings lost the game. The pass defense is in CRUCIAL need of overhauling in my opinion - and I'm starting to wonder if this issue trumps even the QB issue. Both areas need to be looked at SERIOUSLY in the offseason. The coaching staff is, in my opinion, yet another issue, and that also needs to be looked at in the offseason. I'm getting sick and tired of losing games late - how do we resolve this issue???

Flair Hay
12-08-2013, 07:23 PM
First rounders all looked good today. Weird ending but oh well. Back in 4th for draft position. Cordy must be like what do I have to do lol

umaguma1979
12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Agree - Frazier maybe the worst coach in Vikings history.

Minniman
12-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Agree - Frazier maybe the worst coach in Vikings history.
That is debatable, but none of these latest head coaches can hold a candle to the kind of organization that the Patriots have. Randy Moss has been with many teams, and he could easily the difference in what the Vikings were doing to prepare for a game and what the Patriots were doing. A team has to be good from top to bottom to be a champion.

b_sandhar_29
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Haven't posted on this site in a while, probably because its been a rather frustrating season (all these close losses). Aside from officiating gaffs, I thought we were in position to win, but once again, our two minute defense failed us, a familiar story line this year. I think this season is lost, but I'd love to see what we have in our younger players.

I am seriously question some of our coaching staff and GM moves (although I am a fan of Spielman). Why is Freeman not starting? Why did we draft 3 positions of need in the first round and not give any of these guys chances to compete? Will Frazier's expression ever change? Spielman said Frazier's job is safe through next year, is this really true? And my favorite question of them all, why did Musgrave claim that Patterson didn't know the playbook? Is it that hard to memorize a 4x6 play-calling sheet?

However, I see some real potential in this team. We're a very young team, and I really like some of our players on defense (Sendejo, Cole, Griffin, Robison, and Rhodes). I think we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and it reminds me a lot of the niners pre-Harbaugh era. I think if we can get a good coaching staff (Whisenhunt, Gruden, or some QB guru), this team won't be the new Lions of the NFCN. I'll be mock drafting for now, but looking forward to the rest of the season and offseason.

Purple Floyd
12-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I missed the game as I was out having a marathon weekend if ice fishing, Pheasant hunting and topping it off by doing a little Coyote hunting but watching the highlights it looked like a football game like it was meant to be played- Outside in the elements.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that as far as I am concerned they cannot fire anyone fast enough.

purplehelmut
12-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Typical Vikings snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Refs were absolutely atrocious and determined the outcome of the game. If we're going to have to beat the refs as well as the other team we have to be much better. Sure as hell never want to hear the Patriots whining about refs again- they were gift wrapped that win yesterday over a bogus interference call.

C Mac D
12-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Refs need to be full-time employees. The fact that they have part-timers making calls for a billion-dollar league is beyond moronic.

Also funny how Patriots and Ravens both got BS calls to help them win. That's the NFL for you, always siding with the big market teams.

kingpin9995
12-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Refs need to be full-time employees. The fact that they have part-timers making calls for a billion-dollar league is beyond moronic.

Also funny how Patriots and Ravens both got BS calls to help them win. That's the NFL for you, always siding with the big market teams.

The zebras determine the outcome of most games with their judgement rulings. Way too much put on
zebra's plate. Like I said before a good crew of crooked zebras could throw every game they want or
make the spread what they want, and nobody would say a word about it because they can throw their'
yellow hankies every fugging play. They absolutely jobbed the Vikings in NO in the championship game
all in the name of poor old Katrina victims. They and the NFL had to complete that feel good story. No
one will ever convince me of that not being the case in that game. Favre no call on the blatant high low
on a play that was a pick. Greenway stuffing the runner in overtime at the 50 and the runner loses the
possession of the ball and they still give him the forward progress. No way that was a first down.
Henderson catch on 3rd down that cleary was on the ground, review no change. Greenway bullshit
interference in crunch time . No crew makes that call unless they have to make the feel good story come
true. Constant late blatant hits on Favre and no calls , and then we find out they had a bounty on this
head... DAH!!!! After that game I really lost my appeal for the NFL. It was a total fuk job and it was all in the
name of those poor Katrina victims. Maybe not a PLAN but surely influenced by the refs in that game
to make it happen. And now what do we have. A league that has totally handcuffed defenders to
actually defend the way the game was meant to be al in the name of more points. They frustrate
defenses to the point of taking big hits at receivers they are unable to fairly cover down the field. Defense
is a joke in the NFL. Every big hit is a penalty. Yes that's like a turnover that is not on the stat sheet.
They have taken a great game and turned it into sandlot football with a hint of flag football, and
the fans still eat it up. I'm on my way out after being a fan the NFL loved to have. They can have their
new breed of young fans that only care about their fantasy players and games in the 80 point total
FUK THE NFL...

tastywaves
12-09-2013, 10:50 AM
The zebras determine the outcome of most games with their judgement rulings. Way too much put on
zebra's plate. Like I said before a good crew of crooked zebras could throw every game they want or
make the spread what they want, and nobody would say a word about it because they can throw their'
yellow hankies every fugging play. They absolutely jobbed the Vikings in NO in the championship game
all in the name of poor old Katrina victims. They and the NFL had to complete that feel good story. No
one will ever convince me of that not being the case in that game. Favre no call on the blatant high low
on a play that was a pick. Greenway stuffing the runner in overtime at the 50 and the runner loses the
possession of the ball and they still give him the forward progress. No way that was a first down.
Henderson catch on 3rd down that cleary was on the ground, review no change. Greenway bullshit
interference in crunch time . No crew makes that call unless they have to make the feel good story come
true. Constant late blatant hits on Favre and no calls , and then we find out they had a bounty on this
head... DAH!!!! After that game I really lost my appeal for the NFL. It was a total fuk job and it was all in the
name of those poor Katrina victims. Maybe not a PLAN but surely influenced by the refs in that game
to make it happen. And now what do we have. A league that has totally handcuffed defenders to
actually defend the way the game was meant to be al in the name of more points. They frustrate
defenses to the point of taking big hits at receivers they are unable to fairly cover down the field. Defense
is a joke in the NFL. Every big hit is a penalty. Yes that's like a turnover that is not on the stat sheet.
They have taken a great game and turned it into sandlot football with a hint of flag football, and
the fans still eat it up. I'm on my way out after being a fan the NFL loved to have. They can have their
new breed of young fans that only care about their fantasy players and games in the 80 point total
FUK THE NFL...

Lot of truth in that post.

rockymtdan
12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Anybody else order their Audie Cole Jersey yet.
This is how the next two seasons will look and I kinda like the out door football.
The team played well and the young guys give me a lot of optimism.
Please God send us a couch and a QB

i_bleed_purple
12-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Anybody else order their Audie Cole Jersey yet.
This is how the next two seasons will look and I kinda like the out door football.
The team played well and the young guys give me a lot of optimism.
Please God send us a couch and a QB

Lets not go overboard. Cole is exceeding everyone's expectations and playing quite well, but its obvious he's still young and learning. He shows promise, but he's still prone to getting beat.

b_sandhar_29
12-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Lets not go overboard. Cole is exceeding everyone's expectations and playing quite well, but its obvious he's still young and learning. He shows promise, but he's still prone to getting beat.

Cole was a guy coming out of college who had instincts and all the tools to be an exceptional linebacker at the next level. However, many didn't see him as athletic enough. I think he has shown that his instincts can make up for deficiencies in athleticism (so far). Also, I'd like to mention that we have this kid named Mauti who was a first round talent prior to all his knee injuries. I hope he can get past them like Thomas Davis and contribute for us soon. Spielman has added some great pieces since he's taken over as a GM, you would be idiots to disagree. He just hasn't hit on the most important position yet (QB). I hope we can find a guy behind center because this is a team with a lot of dynasty potential.

b_sandhar_29
12-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Also, Carlson has been a stud. I'm really liking the signing now that we can see him play. I hope we can incorporate him into two TE sets next year when Rudolph is back and get our value for him.

I got quite upset when they started talking about Jennings not being such a great signing thus far. Idiots don't watch Vikings games because I've seen him run open like a mad man. It's a shame that Ponder hasn't mastered Kaepernick's technique of staring down the best receiver and throwing it to him.

Purple Floyd
12-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I still hope Mauti gets his knee in shape and becomes the MLB next year, which would let us move Cole out there with Greenway on the outside. I think that would be a good group.

rockymtdan
12-10-2013, 09:35 AM
As painful as it was to re-watch the last TD Audie was sooooo close to knocking it down.
I will place a bet on this long shot just so I can drag up this post 3yrs. from now:haha:

i_bleed_purple
12-10-2013, 08:55 PM
As painful as it was to re-watch the last TD Audie was sooooo close to knocking it down.
I will place a bet on this long shot just so I can drag up this post 3yrs. from now:haha:

At this point in the year, losing doesn't bother me. We're out. I cheer to win, but if we lose, whatever, helps our draft pick. No sense getting worked up over it. We saw some good stuff from young players, giving reason to be hopeful next year.

purplehelmut
12-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Lo and behold, the NFL called up the Vikings and admitted that the Vikings got jobbed by the refs on three critical calls. Too little too late. Of course, we've become accustomed to this kind of treatment by the NFL.