PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Mariota - The next Crappy Vikings QB?

PInfante97
11-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I gotta say im starting to crap my pants. I feel that the stars are starting to align that would put Mariota in the range where the Vikings will be picking. This guy is a 100% guaranteed BUST!!!

Iv watched alot of the guy this year. His legs get him out of alot of trouble that in the NFL they wont. Defenses as a whole are much faster. As far as his passing goes well its hard to judge because his WR's are always WIDE open. Need proof? Check out his highlight tape. - Marcus Mariota 2013 Highlights | Heisman Campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VemcjOVj0&noredirect=1) Just completely wide open guys all day...

The read option as a whole is already dying. These players come into the NFL have a unique skill set and surprise people. Then they put out a years worth of tape and the NFL catches up real quick. Need proof? - Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-numbers-49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-nfl-worst-203543738--nfl.html)

Mariota was a 3 star recruit coming out of high school he wasnt even a top recruit. He cleary is system made and just fast and can run. That goes alot further in college then the pros

Im really starting to worry. Id rather another year of Ponder and draft a non QB. This will be a wasted pick and 4 more years of hell.

Give me Teddy, Give me Johnny, or give me death!!!!!

skum
11-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I gotta say im starting to crap my pants. I feel that the stars are starting to align that would put Mariota in the range where the Vikings will be picking. This guy is a 100% guaranteed BUST!!!

Iv watched alot of the guy this year. His legs get him out of alot of trouble that in the NFL they wont. Defenses as a whole are much faster. As far as his passing goes well its hard to judge because his WR's are always WIDE open. Need proof? Check out his highlight tape. - Marcus Mariota 2013 Highlights | Heisman Campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VemcjOVj0&noredirect=1) Just completely wide open guys all day...

The read option as a whole is already dying. These players come into the NFL have a unique skill set and surprise people. Then they put out a years worth of tape and the NFL catches up real quick. Need proof? - Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-numbers-49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-nfl-worst-203543738--nfl.html)

Mariota was a 3 star recruit coming out of high school he wasnt even a top recruit. He cleary is system made and just fast and can run. That goes alot further in college then the pros

Im really starting to worry. Id rather another year of Ponder and draft a non QB. This will be a wasted pick and 4 more years of hell.

What bugs me about him is that, when he finally stands in the pocket he does not move his feet, his feet are very heavy in the pocket, he also throws alot of his back foot, but he does however have a monster arm to back it up..

I still think he needs a complete revamp of his technique in order to be an NFL QB. I don't think he can be successful right away like RG3 and others.

I don't wanna make this comparison, but im still gonna, he does remind me of Jamarcus Russell.

PInfante97
11-20-2013, 06:22 AM
I just hope the Vikings would not shy from Manziel for his off the field stuff... That guy looks like a young Drew Brees/ Brett favre

PInfante97
11-20-2013, 06:23 AM
But even more so I just hope Jacksonville can win a few games. Teddy is technician. Throwing to spots, reading defenses. That guy is good

Randy Moss
11-20-2013, 11:59 AM
There isn't anyone in the draft that I'm really confident about but there are at least four other QBs I'd take before Mariotta in Mettenberger, Manziel, Teddy, and Derek Carr.

PInfante97
11-20-2013, 12:02 PM
eh derek carr scares me because of david carr sucking

bleedpurple
11-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Teddy!!.... Let's tank for TEDDY!!!

PInfante97
11-20-2013, 02:38 PM
shit the bed for ted!!!!

marshallvike
11-20-2013, 04:42 PM

That's funny, because most reports I have read either already have him ahead of Bridgewater or expect him to be by draft day.

Purple Floyd
11-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Bridgewater is trending down. He is going to need a great pro day and a great bowl game plus blowing up the combine. Some other guys are moving up.

PInfante97
11-20-2013, 06:56 PM
oh man id love to land teddy. the guy is a technician. he diagnoses the defense well, makes throw on point to spots where his guys will be. Mariota throws to wide open receivers all day part to his own credit cause he can buy so much time in the pocket that no one can cover for that long. But in the nfl defensive ends are quicker. he isn't gonna be able to buy so much time.

Manziel has question marks with his character but he just reminds me of a Drew Brees/ Brett Favre combo.

Mettenberger reminds me of Big Ben. He is over 6-5 and has a rocket arm, played pretty well in his big games vs Alabama and Georgia.

Mariota to me is just a lesser version of Colin Kap - who looks like crap this year. he put half a year of his play on film and the NFL has him scouted out.

We just cant mess this up we need a franchise QB this draft... Hell id take one with my first rounder and my extra 3rd rounder.

Nothing else matters until we get a QB

PInfante97
11-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Marcus Mariota - Oregon Ducks - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131074/marcus-mariota/1)

PInfante97
11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Marcus Mariota - Oregon Ducks - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131074/marcus-mariota/1)

lets either lose out or win a few. I just dont want mariota 1 bit. god i got a feeling we are so doomed.

marshallvike
11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Even if we pick at #2, Mariotta will already be gone.

PInfante97
11-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Even if we pick at #2, Mariotta will already be gone.

Why is Teddy not coming out?

marshallvike
11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Why is Teddy not coming out?

He will be drafted after Mariotta

PInfante97
11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
He will be drafted after Mariotta

i dont care how it goes down. If we land Teddy Fucking Bridgewater or Johnny Fucking Manziel it will make this year so worth it....

Mariota has a 0.0% chance of being any good in the NFL

marshallvike
11-22-2013, 04:41 PM
i dont care how it goes down. If we land Teddy Fucking Bridgewater or Johnny Fucking Manziel it will make this year so worth it....

Mariota has a 0.0% chance of being any good in the NFL

I wouldn't mind Bridgewater, but Manziel over Mariotta? I would be surprised if there was even one talent evaluator in the NFL that would agree with that.

marshallvike
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't mind Bridgewater, but Manziel over Mariotta? I would be surprised if there was even one talent evaluator in the NFL that would agree with that.

Still searching the internet for one?

PInfante97
11-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Manziel 's team wins games because of him. he is a winner. Mariota looked avg in the Stanford game which is the closest thing to a NFL defense he will see. ( Speaking of Stanford, man would I love David Shaw as our next coach) I don't care what the talent evaluators see or say. Are those the same guys who had Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and David Carr #1. Read option QB's are a fad that is going just as quick as it came. Mariota just looks awkward when forced to stand in the pocket. Like he's wearing cement shoes. Hes a very risky pick. The last thing we need right now is risk.. You wanna see 2 NFL ready QBs? Watch Texas A&M vs LSU tomorrow... Watch the Mariota highlight tape I have in the original post. Show me the throw he threads the needle or Comes to the line breaks down the defense, like Teddy does regularly, throws to a spot and ends up in between his WRs numbers. That's a QB.

The read option is already dead. Look at Col Kap - figured out. Had a unique skill set put 1/2 year of film down. NFL shutting him down. Look at Cam last year took a step back this year got 100 times better as a pocket passer and is looking great. Read Option done, over, good bye. Thing of the past... Drafting a read option QB for 2014 is like wearing bell bottoms.... ITS OVER

marshallvike
11-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Manziel 's team wins games because of him. he is a winner. Mariota looked avg in the Stanford game which is the closest thing to a NFL defense he will see. ( Speaking of Stanford, man would I love David Shaw as our next coach) I don't care what the talent evaluators see or say. Are those the same guys who had Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and David Carr #1. Read option QB's are a fad that is going just as quick as it came. Mariota just looks awkward when forced to stand in the pocket. Like he's wearing cement shoes. Hes a very risky pick. The last thing we need right now is risk.. You wanna see 2 NFL ready QBs? Watch Texas A&M vs LSU tomorrow... Watch the Mariota highlight tape I have in the original post. Show me the throw he threads the needle or Comes to the line breaks down the defense, like Teddy does regularly, throws to a spot and ends up in between his WRs numbers. That's a QB.

The read option is already dead. Look at Col Kap - figured out. Had a unique skill set put 1/2 year of film down. NFL shutting him down. Look at Cam last year took a step back this year got 100 times better as a pocket passer and is looking great. Read Option done, over, good bye. Thing of the past... Drafting a read option QB for 2014 is like wearing bell bottoms.... ITS OVER

It's fun to mess with guys who proclaim themselves to be all knowing. I would guess that if you knew as much as you think you know, you would be making a boat load of money in the NFL right now. I don't know who will be the best NFL QB from the bunch. Actually, nobody knows. All I have to go on are the scouting reports, and the games, just like everyone else. I will, however take their word over anyone on a forum since they are the ones being paid to do it. Doesn't mean they are infallible, (Ryan Leaf was supposed to be as good as Peyton), but they are doing it for a living.
BTW, His game against Stanford wasn't a bad game and he is playing with an MCL injury.
25 TDs and 0 int's seems pretty good.

drakkar
11-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Not sure I wouldn't take Clowney/Barr and then look at a 2nd round QB.. Fales, Murray, Lynch, Boyd, Hogan or McCarron. Not all Franchise Qb go in the first

PInfante97
11-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Not sure I wouldn't take Clowney/Barr and then look at a 2nd round QB.. Fales, Murray, Lynch, Boyd, Hogan or McCarron. Not all Franchise Qb go in the first

i like boyd he is like a young donovan mcnabb

PInfante97
11-23-2013, 07:39 AM
It's fun to mess with guys who proclaim themselves to be all knowing. I would guess that if you knew as much as you think you know, you would be making a boat load of money in the NFL right now. I don't know who will be the best NFL QB from the bunch. Actually, nobody knows. All I have to go on are the scouting reports, and the games, just like everyone else. I will, however take their word over anyone on a forum since they are the ones being paid to do it. Doesn't mean they are infallible, (Ryan Leaf was supposed to be as good as Peyton), but they are doing it for a living.
BTW, His game against Stanford wasn't a bad game and he is playing with an MCL injury.
25 TDs and 0 int's seems pretty good.

alot of people question Mariota, maybe not to the intensity i do, which makes him risky. We dont need risky right now.... we need a QB.. nothing else matters until we have a franchise QB

johnkdbr
11-23-2013, 10:44 AM
I want Johnny Manziel! This kid has all the moxy you need to be a top flight NFL QB. Who cares if he has a strong personality....Isn't that what you want in a QB? He is a Brett Favre Jr. Look at how good he is now. Can you imagine him in 3 years.....

PInfante97
11-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I want Johnny Manziel! This kid has all the moxy you need to be a top flight NFL QB. Who cares if he has a strong personality....Isn't that what you want in a QB? He is a Brett Favre Jr. Look at how good he is now. Can you imagine him in 3 years.....

amen!!

PurplePowerPunch
11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
I want B. Mettenberger. I'm totally sold on this kid. Arm strength, Smarts, and his size is Fanchise QB worthy.

PInfante97
11-23-2013, 06:20 PM
that's an NFL arm right there.... big fan of mettenberger

Purple Floyd
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I have been on the Mettenberger bandwagon for a while now and he just took Johnny Football to the wood shed.

PInfante97
11-23-2013, 07:08 PM
that's true. however the lsu defense is soooooooooooooooooo much better then the Texas a&m D

drewlovs
11-23-2013, 07:54 PM

I'm going out on a limb and say after today, there will be a few.

The one thing I KNOW about the talking heads is they freak out over individual games. After Nick Foles (who, it turned out, was injured) had that horrible game earlier in the season, the guys who get paid to analyze football players were ready to throw him away, saying Vick was the only QB who could lead the Eagles.

PInfante97
12-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Mariota will stay in school - problem solved!

purplehelmut
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Yup, it won't be Mariota. He needs another year anyway.

313zoe
12-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Sign Aaroon Murray in the second round use the first pick on defense CB, LB or Clowney