PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Cutler?

i_bleed_purple
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Now with the Bears showing they can win without Cutler, and him constantly hurt for them, if theoretically he were to hit Free agency, with the money saved from Allen, would you sign him, freeing our high picks to take D, OL or WR?

jmcdon00
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Most overrated player in the NFL. NO.

rockymtdan
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Never liked him but better then any QB we have had(exclude Favre) in quit some time. It would make me sick to see him get the big money contract here. And who knows if he could ever make it through a whole season.
I would rather see Big Ben while we develop an early round QB this coming year. I dont believe Ben would sign with the Viking though.

purplehelmut
11-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Hmmm, let me think on it. NO! Inconsistent, injury prone, and an asshat to boot. What's to like? Our qb situation would go out of the fire into the frying pan.

purpledoom
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, let me think on it. NO! Inconsistent, injury prone, and as asshat to boot. What's to like? Our qb situation would go out of the fire into the frying pan.

Couldn't have said it better.

jargomcfargo
11-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Bears wont let him go.

Randy Moss
11-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Definitely. That would be awesome. However, almost no chance of the Bears letting him go.

PInfante97
11-19-2013, 07:22 PM
oh fuck no!!!!! can i say fuck?

the guy couldnt look more like a loser if he had it written on his forehead in red lipstick

bleedpurple
11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
He's better than Ponder so if we win and it knocks us out of the chance to draft a top notch QB... then HELL YEAH... He's better than anybody on our roster... i'd rather him than reach for another Ponder and shit another 3 years down the toilet.

drewlovs
11-20-2013, 06:05 PM
He has a tendency to blame his team for his mistakes, and that kills team spirit. This year has been better, but it IS a contract year; I didn't expect it no matter what, honestly.

If we are going to FA for a QB, Big Ben suits us more.

purpledoom
11-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Cutler obviously is immensely talented. Somehow however I would not be surprised if he never gets to a Superbowl. He does tend to blame others and seems to be the type who gets along as long as things are going well but look out if not. In other words I don't think he can lift a team up. I may be wrong but that's how I feel.

marstc09
11-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Sure

C Mac D
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Sure

You hungover today? Looks like someone went on a PPO tangent last night.

Also... no way, Cutler sucks.

AngloVike
11-25-2013, 10:58 AM
No
would be good if our new coaching staff wanted to start with a young QB that can be taught and then be the mainstay here for a few years. I don't want to go through someone's old castoffs as we have done recently

Caine
11-30-2013, 10:10 AM
No.

Whines too much...wins too little.

Caine

gamecocksbaseball31
11-30-2013, 11:27 PM
I was a huge proponent of him coming out of Denver, but no way. Not now. He would be detrimental to the young guys on this team.

marstc09
12-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Sure

You hungover today? Looks like someone went on a PPO tangent last night.

Also... no way, Cutler sucks.

After yesterday.......YES, I absolutely would take Cutler. See what a difference even an average QB makes!

drewlovs
12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Of all the starting QBs that aren't Manning or Brady-esque, Cutler is very low on the list of QBs that I feel would give us a real chance at a championship. I like:
~Big Ben from the Steelers
~Kirk Cousins from the 'Skins
~ MAYBE (MAYBE!!) Eli Manning, only because we have the WR talent for him to use, and a under-achieving OL that might start playing back to form if they had a true leader in the huddle. Eli is dealing with a shitty OL in NY atm, and it makes him rush his decision making, which we now know is a disaster in the offing.

AP has made it clear he wants Cassel over Ponder, and his subtle reasoning was the "feel in the huddle"; what does THAT tell you? Ponder is not a Type "A" persoality, and that is a must for a QB. Eli doesn't look like one, but I have only heard good things from the offensive people at NY about him. that speaks volumes.

All in all, if we can't get a stud from the draft, I would love to bring Cousins in all things bein equal. He needs a starting job soon, otherwise he is going to start to degrade, and the Vikings could use the talent. The guys from Washington say a lot of good things about him.

bleedpurple
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Of all the starting QBs that aren't Manning or Brady-esque, Cutler is very low on the list of QBs that I feel would give us a real chance at a championship. I like:
~Big Ben from the Steelers
~Kirk Cousins from the 'Skins
~ MAYBE (MAYBE!!) Eli Manning, only because we have the WR talent for him to use, and a under-achieving OL that might start playing back to form if they had a true leader in the huddle. Eli is dealing with a shitty OL in NY atm, and it makes him rush his decision making, which we now know is a disaster in the offing.

AP has made it clear he wants Cassel over Ponder, and his subtle reasoning was the "feel in the huddle"; what does THAT tell you? Ponder is not a Type "A" persoality, and that is a must for a QB. Eli doesn't look like one, but I have only heard good things from the offensive people at NY about him. that speaks volumes.

All in all, if we can't get a stud from the draft, I would love to bring Cousins in all things bein equal. He needs a starting job soon, otherwise he is going to start to degrade, and the Vikings could use the talent. The guys from Washington say a lot of good things about him.

it's funny you would want Kirk Cousins who's played all of 2 games in his NFL career over a cutler who atleast has proven he can throw with some type of competency.... Look at how Chicago has collapsed since he got hurt...

Eli Manning?? really??...

jmcdon00
12-02-2013, 11:32 PM
it's funny you would want Kirk Cousins who's played all of 2 games in his NFL career over a cutler who atleast has proven he can throw with some type of competency.... Look at how Chicago has collapsed since he got hurt...

Eli Manning?? really??...Chicago is 4-4 this year with cutler starting and 2-2 with out him. Josh McCown has 9td 1 int with a QB rating of 103.6(Cutler 88.4).

Cutler has proven he is mediocre and injury prone.

I would take Eli in a second, but I doubt he is available. 2 time super bowl MVP and has never missed a start in his career(119 games and counting, 3rd most all time).

PackSux!
12-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Let's not try to figure out the QB position before we figure out who the gm and coaches will be next year.

Scoot
12-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Now with the Bears showing they can win without Cutler, and him constantly hurt for them, if theoretically he were to hit Free agency, with the money saved from Allen, would you sign him, freeing our high picks to take D, OL or WR?

two wrongs don't make a right. Cutler has two things working against him. 1. his attitude is down beat. 2. He's a second string QB, he shouldn't start anywhere.

my2cents

bleedpurple
12-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Let's not try to figure out the QB position before we figure out who the gm and coaches will be next year.

Will they even change the GM and coach?? with this ownership, anything is possible... Frazier just might come back next year...

I just threw up in my mouth at that thought.

Scoot
12-03-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm not sure if I would follow that. You are right (my opinion) in saying we need to figure out who is the next QB. Do it soon and get the best you can, but, if I was the owners (yesterday) I would be on a plane heading somewhere to talk to someone about a GM position. Hit me in the head for saying this, and I really hesitate to say it, but I would sacrifice another year to build a top ranked staff from the GM down. Itís just like any other business, a good worker will not perform well with a horrible manager.

bleedpurple
12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Chicago is 4-4 this year with cutler starting and 2-2 with out him. Josh McCown has 9td 1 int with a QB rating of 103.6(Cutler 88.4).

Cutler has proven he is mediocre and injury prone.

I would take Eli in a second, but I doubt he is available. 2 time super bowl MVP and has never missed a start in his career(119 games and counting, 3rd most all time).

He has Superbowl MVP trophies only because he is a Manning and they couldn't give it to the Giants entire Defensive line... Don't front like he's in the same company as Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberg, and Brady...

And yes, I left his sorry ass brother off the list on purpose... he's a choke artist... 9-11 all time in playoffs with 8 first round (first game) losses in the playoffs... but the two of them together and you would be in that company... IMO

313zoe
12-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Sign Lovie Smith and sign Cutler and draft a QB in a late round and use that first pick on defense mainly CB, LB or Clowney

kevoncox
12-08-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm offering free Handjobs to get a Qb of Cutler's abilities in Minn. Have you seen our Qb's play? have you seen Cutler play? Night and day differences. Outside of the last two years...he has had no one to throw to and was still toasting us. My only compliants with him are attitude and injuries but our current Qb sucks and is always injured and our GM still wants him.

Purple Floyd
12-08-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm offering free Handjobs Tis the season for giving.