PDA

View Full Version : Resign K Will?

PInfante97
11-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Think there is any chance we can resign Kevin Williams and move him to nose tackle next year?

skum
11-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Id say the chances are very small but it would be nice if Kevin ended his career here.

RK.
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Personally I am tired of seeing people end their career here when their best days are gone. How about getting some people who are starting their career here?

singersp
11-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Keep him at NT for next year? Hell, it worked great last Sunday & the inept coaching staff won't even be keeping him there this year & giving their #1 pick Floyd more opportunity to play.

Kevin Williams won't start at nose, but will continue to fill in

Kevin Williams won't start at nose, but will continue to fill in - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Kevin_Williams_to_sometimes_fill_in_at_nose_tackle_Frazier_says111313)

PInfante97
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Personally I am tired of seeing people end their career here when their best days are gone. How about getting some people who are starting their career here?

k will still has some left in the tank. he is still one of our best defenders

Randy Moss
11-15-2013, 11:43 AM
If I had to choose between keeping JA and KW, I would choose Williams. However, the most likely scenario is that we keep neither.

RK.
11-15-2013, 01:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how many guys resign with the Vikes after this year and facing playing outdoors at the college stadium for the next two years. Getting people resigned may not be all that easy, I think a lot of guys are going to test the market if their contract is up.

singersp
11-16-2013, 09:23 AM
It will be interesting to see how many guys resign with the Vikes after this year and facing playing outdoors at the college stadium for the next two years. Getting people resigned may not be all that easy, I think a lot of guys are going to test the market if their contract is up.

Minnesota Vikings 2014 free agents;

QB Josh Freeman UFA
DL Jared Allen UFA
DL Fred Evans UFA
DL Kevin Williams UFA
LB Desmond Bishop UFA
LB Marvin Mitchell UFA
CB A.J. Jefferson UFA
CB Marcus Sherels RFA

Read more: KFFL - 2014 NFL Free Agents (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2014#ixzz2koo3Vr6x)

singersp
11-16-2013, 09:30 AM

It will also be interesting to see how many good FAs would be willing to sign here from other teams given our record, our outdoor situation & Ponder.

I wonder if Jennings is having second thoughts.

mountainviking
11-16-2013, 12:08 PM
It will also be interesting to see how many good FAs would be willing to sign here from other teams given our record, our outdoor situation & Ponder.

I wonder if Jennings is having second thoughts.

That seems pretty obvious...I've seen him pissed off on the sidelines a few times now. I don't expect us to sign any big name FAs next year, cuz who wants in on this mess.

I'm wondering why Everson Griffen isn't on that FA list...I'm thinking he's a duh, cuz he'll likely sign for a mid-grade amount since he hasn't had the ops, yet provides good depth at the very least, and may be a pretty good starter at this point in his career. From rotoworld:

Vikings DE Everson Griffen says the team has offered him a contract extension but it "wasn't in the ballpark."

Griffen, 25, is in the final year of his rookie contract. LE Brian Robison signed a new four-year deal Wednesday, and Griffen would seem to be the next guy in line for a new contract. With Jared Allen seeming unlikely to re-sign with the Vikings after the season, Griffen could be asked to start opposite Robison in 2014. He's going to need a contract first. Griffen has amassed 13 sacks over the last two-plus seasons. The two sides are still talking, Griffen confirmed. Oct 9 - 4:21 PM

vikinggreg
11-16-2013, 12:42 PM
That seems pretty obvious...I've seen him pissed off on the sidelines a few times now. I don't expect us to sign any big name FAs next year, cuz who wants in on this mess.

I'm wondering why Everson Griffen isn't on that FA list...I'm thinking he's a duh, cuz he'll likely sign for a mid-grade amount since he hasn't had the ops, yet provides good depth at the very least, and may be a pretty good starter at this point in his career. From rotoworld:Williams might come back, he did take a pay cut and stayed when he could have gone the FA route as Winfield but Williams is also having a better season than he's had over the last couple of years too so his value could be on the up swing. Over the last year with the cap rollback it has been harder for free agent d lineman who are older and Dwight Freeney thought it was some form of collusion going on...as for Griffen I think he is a restricted free agent but now that Robision appears to have an extension in place Griffen might be the next in line to get something done. With the cap space that could be freed up with Allen and Williams contracts gone some other things could be easier to do.

vikinggreg
11-18-2013, 09:20 PM

QB Josh Freeman UFA
DL Jared Allen UFA
DL Fred Evans UFA
DL Kevin Williams UFA
LB Desmond Bishop UFA
LB Marvin Mitchell UFA
CB A.J. Jefferson UFA
CB Marcus Sherels RFA

Read more: KFFL - 2014 NFL Free Agents
KFFL is missing a few names on their list

Matt Asiata

Joe Berger

Chris Cook

Toby Gerhart

Everson Griffen

Charlie Johnson

Seth Olsen

Jerome Simpson

Joe Webb

J'Marcus Webb

got these names from skimming the rotoworl contracts

i_bleed_purple
11-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Williams might come back, he did take a pay cut and stayed when he could have gone the FA
Not really. K-Will was unmder contract, and we renegotiated to save cap space,at the expense of shaving a year off his deal. Originally he was under contract through next year.

vikinggreg
11-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Not really. K-Will was unmder contract, and we renegotiated to save cap space,at the expense of shaving a year off his deal. Originally he was under contract through next year.He also took a pay cut for this season

MaxVike
11-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by singersp View Post

QB Josh Freeman UFA
DL Jared Allen UFA
DL Fred Evans UFA
DL Kevin Williams UFA
LB Desmond Bishop UFA
LB Marvin Mitchell UFA
CB A.J. Jefferson UFA
CB Marcus Sherels RFA

Read more: KFFL - 2014 NFL Free Agents

KFFL is missing a few names on their list

Matt Asiata

Joe Berger

Chris Cook

Toby Gerhart

Everson Griffen

Charlie Johnson

Seth Olsen

Jerome Simpson

Joe Webb

J'Marcus Webb

got these names from skimming the rotoworl contracts

Hmmm, I see Griffen either being signed, Transitioned, or Franchised…he will stay.

Asiata, Cook, Gerhart, Olsen, Simpson, Joe Webb, Allen, Williams, Jefferson, Bishop…gone. The two toughest decisions are Allen and Williams…primarily because they've been great Vikings. But, not a lot left in the tank. A long shot would be them agreeing to major salary reductions and spot roles.

Mitchell, Evans, Berger, Johnson, possible.

Sherel, J'Marcus Webb…probable.

Josh Freeman…who the hell knows?