PDA

View Full Version : Who will be QB this week?

RK.
10-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Who will lead the team to another defeat this week? Yes I am becoming a bit jaded. :irked:

Reignman
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Oh, I wanna play ... I say it's gotta be back to Freeman. For whatever reason Cassel is in the dog house and there's no way we can go back to Ponder after last night. Poor Freeman, his only 2 starts will be on the road vs the NFC East.

And welcome to the club, I officially joined the jaded club back in '03 after we lost to Arizona.

Minniman
10-28-2013, 09:01 PM
A Fremen from Arrakis of course.

Purple Floyd
10-28-2013, 11:17 PM
They need to play Freeman for the rest of the year. Frazier obviously has some racial bias against Cassel because he won't even consider him even though he has the best game by a Vikings QB this year and we know that Ponder is not fit for this league. Freeman, who the rubes were convinced was a franchise QB without a team is not a franchise QB either IMHO but I want to see him in there for the rest of the year to either prove me wrong or remove all doubt that I was right. One way or the other we are the worst team in the division and the worst team in the NFC as far as I am concerned. So play him.

NordicNed
10-29-2013, 05:46 AM
They need to play Freeman for the rest of the year. Frazier obviously has some racial bias against Cassel because he won't even consider him even though he has the best game by a Vikings QB this year and we know that Ponder is not fit for this league. Freeman, who the rubes were convinced was a franchise QB without a team is not a franchise QB either IMHO but I want to see him in there for the rest of the year to either prove me wrong or remove all doubt that I was right. One way or the other we are the worst team in the division and the worst team in the NFC as far as I am concerned. So play him.

Right now, we are the worse team in the NFL

singersp
10-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Freeman.

Ponder has already hit his ceiling.

singersp
10-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Christian Ponder: 'I didn't meet expectations'

Vikings' Christian Ponder: 'I didn't meet expectations' - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24400888/vikings-christian-ponder-i-didnt-meet-expectationse)

i_bleed_purple
10-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Wow. Just wow

"We called plays and I was trying to get the ball to the guy that's open," Ponder said when asked about Jennings. "I guess he wasn't open."

tastywaves
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Freeman.

Ponder has already hit his ceiling.

I'm afraid Freeman has as well. Freeman appeared to hit it so hard he knocked himself down to the floor and hasn't been able to get back up.

But yes, I agree that Freeman should start for the rest of the year. Nothing to learn about Ponder at this point and Cassell doesn't appear to have any support for the future so what's the point of playing him.

Randy Moss
10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Frazier obviously has some racial bias against Cassel because he won't even consider him even though he has the best game by a Vikings QB this year and we know that Ponder is not fit for this league.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

purpledoom
10-29-2013, 11:30 AM
As bad as Freeman looked in New York, I am so sick of Ponder looking completely lost that I hope Freeman starts.

rednorsk
10-29-2013, 03:26 PM
The guys in "Double Facepalm" most be watching the Viqueens who don't care about anything but money.

rockymtdan
10-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Freeman...... sink or sink and lets be done with it.

Can some one please make the voice over Hitler clip we see for other major debacles of the 20th century. I just love the one about the Cowboys
Hitler angry at Dallas Cowboys' performance - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO7u3N3ZOBo)

Purple Floyd
10-29-2013, 04:26 PM
That is interesting. The only reason I said it was as a bit of sarcasm because every time I brought up that I didn't want McNabb or didn't want Freeman I got called a racist by someone for saying it. But when I turn it around and use the race card the other direction then you get this.

battleaxe4cheese
10-29-2013, 08:21 PM
That is interesting. The only reason I said it was as a bit of sarcasm because every time I brought up that I didn't want McNabb or didn't want Freeman I got called a racist by someone for saying it. But when I turn it around and use the race card the other direction then you get this.

You probably questioned our owners at one point also, so you can add antisemite to the list. Lol

Culpepper_4717
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
JARED ALLEN
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/9d9d57416ac6c41d5d33f1810406deb9_large

Purple Floyd
10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
You probably questioned our owners at one point also, so you can add antisemite to the list. LolNoted.

rockymtdan
10-30-2013, 03:58 PM
JARED ALLEN
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/9d9d57416ac6c41d5d33f1810406deb9_large

Thank God we have our man.

jargomcfargo
10-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I think Freeman will light the Cowboys up on Sunday. Unfortunately, Romo will light up the Vikings secondary and they will still lose.

i_bleed_purple
10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Reports from the Vikings look like Ponder will be starting again:
Report: Christian Ponder To Start At Quarterback Against Cowboys - Daily Norseman (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/10/30/5048390/report-christian-ponder-to-start-at-quarterback-against-cowboys)

purplehelmut
10-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Can someone remind me why we rented Freeman for 11 games at 2million+? He must have one helluva headache. I despise Dallas with a passion and it's going to be tough for me to watch them kick our asses.

rockymtdan
10-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Can someone remind me why we rented Freeman for 11 games at 2million+? He must have one helluva headache. I despise Dallas with a passion and it's going to be tough for me to watch them kick our asses.

I will never forget the Randy Moss performance on Thanksgiving. That one will always come to mind when I see these two team play. I only hope this will be very forgettable.

purpledoom
10-31-2013, 11:06 AM
I truly don't get it. Ponder is not good.

tastywaves
10-31-2013, 12:04 PM
I will never forget the Randy Moss performance on Thanksgiving. That one will always come to mind when I see these two team play. I only hope this will be very forgettable.

I was at both the Dallas Thanksgiving games. His rookie '98 year with Cunningham and again in 2000 with Culpepper. Moss destroyed them in both games and it made it look way too easy.

Randy Moss
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
I truly don't get it. Ponder is not good.

What's not to get? If we had a good QB on the roster he would be starting, no questions asked, but we don't. We should be starting Freeman for the rest of the season, if not, Ponder's probably a bit better than Cassel even if both are really bad.

tarkenton10
10-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Right now, we are the worse team in the NFL

Tampa and Jacksonville might have something to say about that.

i_bleed_purple
10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Tampa and Jacksonville might have something to say about that.

I don't find myself agreeing.

Tampa has shown they CAN play some good football at times. THey've got a young QB with promise, and their D isn't nearly as bad as ours. Jacksonville is in shambles, but no worse off in the QB department either.

PInfante97
10-31-2013, 02:37 PM
who gives a shit who gives a fuck. lets just hope jacksonville and tamps can win a few games

rockymtdan
10-31-2013, 03:01 PM
who gives a shit who gives a fuck. lets just hope jacksonville and tamps can win a few games

Amen brother

JPPT1974
10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Freeman did not know the offense when he got there nor was given a playbook. As hopefully he will get to show his potential in MN. As he seems happier here.

MaxVike
10-31-2013, 06:33 PM
They all suck, who cares?

purpledoom
11-01-2013, 11:00 AM
What's not to get? If we had a good QB on the roster he would be starting, no questions asked, but we don't. We should be starting Freeman for the rest of the season, if not, Ponder's probably a bit better than Cassel even if both are really bad.

Ought to be starting Freeman...exactly. And to say Ponder is "better" than Cassel....I don't think so Ponder seems hopeless to me at this point. Cassel has at least had sooome success.

vikinggreg
11-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Freeman started getting some practice time like last Friday, I'm sure this staff will have him ready to start after the last debacle when they started him, just look how they got Patterson more involved in the offense, stop using AD and they got one extra play a game out of Cordarrelle, heck for the number of times this defense has given up 8-10 play drives they could be coaching the offense 1 or 2 more of those mega playcards Musgrave is toting around......maybe we can get all 4 in the backfield at once, an new formation of the wildcat but because it won't be vary good it can be called catshit.......the one that gets the ball first is the shiny turd....:think:

tastywaves
11-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Frazier announced that Ponder will be starting this week.

Christian Ponder will be Minnesota Vikings' starting QB - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274646/article/christian-ponder-will-be-minnesota-vikings-starting-qb)

"Christian gives us the best chance to win," Frazier said,

It's looking more and more like the Vikings will be in the quarterback market in 2014, and who makes that decision might be determined by how the team finishes in 2013.

Sanford, Cook and Evans out due to injury.

idahovikefan7
11-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Does it even matter at this point? Throw Jared Allen in at QB. Couldn't hurt anything.

Minniman
11-02-2013, 12:21 AM
NFL.com: On Monday, Frazier wouldn't say who will start, but he did eliminate Matt Cassel from the equation.

"I don't want to discount Matt, but Christian (Ponder) did some good things (against the Packers)," Frazier said about Cassel not being in the mix to start against Dallas, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "There were some things he could obviously do better, but that has something to do with it. (Ponder) has led us to some wins in the past.
Oh my goodness; does Frazier even watch the film? Did he not see those open receivers that Ponder could not progress to? Did he see the happy feet and poor throws?

What good things? Ponder making some passes with the Packers defense playing off in chump time? I guess those preseason games against second and third stringers made Ponder look good too, but the game was over against the Packers before Ponder did a whole lot of anything.

Frazier needs to go. He is delusional.

Reignman
11-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Frazier needs to go. He is delusional.I used to think he was delusional too, but after reading that statement, I'm now convinced he's fucking retarded. Seriously he needs his GD head examined. Do we really have to wait 9 more games before this idiot gets fired? He's dragging this franchise down to new all time lows with his cluelessness. Seriously I'm just stunned at how dumb an NFL coach can be. Did he forget how much better Cassel looked vs the Steelers than Ponder has in any game ever? Unbelievable!

Purple Floyd
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I look at it this way. If this is Frazier making the decisions and The FO should be firing his ass ASAP and if they are going along with his assessment they should be fired right behind them. If he is being told by the FO who is supposed to be starting and he is just saying that shit because he has no choice then the FO should be fired along with him.

One way or the other this is an inexcusable situation and if they seriously think they can come to the podium and feed us this shit they need to be gone and gone right now.