PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen trade?

gamecocksbaseball31
10-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Jay Glazer reporting Jared Allen could be traded by Tuesday.

Report: Jared Allen could be traded by Tuesday | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/27/report-jared-allen-could-be-traded-by-tuesday/)

purpledoom
10-27-2013, 05:45 PM
He's the only guy on defense sometimes who seems to go 110% at all times. I know it makes business sense, but da**.

PackSux!
10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
What scares me is that Jay and Jared are good friends.

AngloVike
10-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Well following the Dallas meltdown I'd say the price for Allen went up!

Minniman
10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
He's the only guy on defense sometimes who seems to go 110% at all times. I know it makes business sense, but da**.
I disagree.

Allen gets worn against tall defensive ends and does not go all out. He will not admit it, but the coaches have seen it.

Purple Floyd
10-27-2013, 08:12 PM
I said we should have done it before the season.

PurplePowerPunch
10-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I disagree.

Allen gets worn against tall defensive ends and does not go all out. He will not admit it, but the coaches have seen it.

I think JA has tanked it because he knows the Vikings won't give him the raise that he wants. He doesn't want to get hurt I believe.

Tad7
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
I'd be all for it for at least a 3rd rounder. There's just no way he's back next season. Even at a reasonable price, I think him and Spielman would have different ideas of reasonable.

PurplePowerPunch
10-27-2013, 09:11 PM
I'd be all for it for at least a 3rd rounder. There's just no way he's back next season. Even at a reasonable price, I think him and Spielman would have different ideas of reasonable.

Yeah JA is pretty pissed with the front office

Caine
10-27-2013, 10:40 PM
If I were JA, I'd be BEGGING to be traded.....anywhere!!!!

Caine

Minniman
10-28-2013, 12:13 AM
If I were JA, I'd be BEGGING to be traded.....anywhere!!!!
Jacksonville?
Oakland?

singersp
10-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Jacksonville?
Oakland?

Oakland ranks 12th for points given up. 23rd in yds/game. Much better than our defense.

purpledoom
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Forget everything I said before. Trade him, heck be doing him a favor. That what was absolutely abysmal last night.

vikinggreg
10-28-2013, 09:38 AM
And watch they'll trade him with in the division, Allen likes what Gunther Cunningham has done in Detroit but they have no space to take on Jared's salary for the remaining season (about 8 mil) but the Packers do, maybe the Bengals, or Panthers most of the 6-7 teams with space don't have winning records

Randy Moss
10-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I love JA, but I'd be totally fine with this. I'd really be best for both sides.

i_bleed_purple
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I was strongly against trading Allen, but after watching him last night, might as well. He's quit, same as everyone else on the team except AP. He's got nothing to play for, the expression on his face at the end of the game when he and Jennings were standing together said it all to me. Their expression said "Get me the hell off this joke of a team".

He knows we're garbage, he knows that he singlehandedly isn't going to change anything.

Things to keep in mind for a trade:

It is estimated we will get a third round pick as compensatory pick if he leaves during FA. Any trade would have to be for at least that.

Trade him out of the division. Send him to the AFC preferably, because I don't want to play against a fired up Allen in the future.

RK.
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't get why you guys want to trade away all our good players for unproven rookies. The problem with this team is not the players we have, except for QB, its coaching.

purplehelmut
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I'd hate to see him go but he's gone at the end of the year anyway. We need to reboot for next year and we may as well start now. He's in the last few years of his career so we need to get something for him now. Pass rushes like him tend to slow down after 30.

scottishvike
10-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Although I could see why it made sense to let him go I'm glad he's staying. The one handed sack last week was one of the few highlights of the year for me. I'm sure all the people who bought the new jerseys with 69 on them are glad to get a couple more months out of them too.

vikinggreg
10-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Jared Allen 'proud to still be' Viking (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9899829/jared-allen-happy-with-minnesota-vikings-trade-deadline-passes?ex_cid=espnapi_public)

Allen told Fox Sports' Jay Glazer in a text message that he followed reports of trade rumors involving his name but is happy he's still with the Vikings.

"Proud to still be a Viking. I watched all the trade stuff like everyone else. It is a part of this business. 100% committed to turning this season around," he wrote in the text.

jargomcfargo
10-30-2013, 11:36 PM
As a fan I want to go on record saying Jared Allen has been worth every penny. I realize he will be gone after this season, but he has been one of the Viking greats.

rockymtdan
10-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Although I could see why it made sense to let him go I'm glad he's staying. The one handed sack last week was one of the few highlights of the year for me. I'm sure all the people who bought the new jerseys with 69 on them are glad to get a couple more months out of them too.

I think he had a grasp from both sides around the defender and Elie looked like carrot on a stick as the others closed in. Loved it and yes maybe the only thing worth remembering this year.

Minniman
11-02-2013, 11:46 AM
"Proud to still be a Viking. I watched all the trade stuff like everyone else. It is a part of this business. 100% committed to turning this season around," he wrote in the text.
Well, for Allen ... yes. His personal play will equate to the size of his check next season. What else would anyone expect him to say?