PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Has Ponder played enough this preseason?

singersp
08-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Poll: Has Christian Ponder played enough this preseason?

Poll: Has Christian Ponder played enough this preseason? - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Poll_Has_Christian_Ponder_played_enough_this_preseason081913)

Purple Floyd
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
That could go either way. He hasn't played enough to fix what is wrong but if it isn't fixable then he may have played too much.

singersp
08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I don't think two more preseason games is enough time to get him ready.

Purple Floyd
08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't think two more preseason games is enough time to get him ready.

If it isn't my guess is there would be no amount that would accomplish that task. So in that regards this is all he should get.

thorshammer
08-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I think he should have played more and been encouraged by the coaches to let loose and throw it mid range and deep. I think they had such a tight leash on him early on that he doesn't look down field. I think they drilled it in to him early and often look short.

marstc09
08-22-2013, 12:27 AM
That could go either way. He hasn't played enough to fix what is wrong but if it isn't fixable then he may have played too much.

Well said.

Suick
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Me thinks having him sit after the INT during the first game was a mistake. That killed what confidence he gained from the end of last season, and it showed in game two.

Keep looking for more 4 yd check down passes on 3rd and 8.........ugh.

slavinator
08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Lets reserve judgement until after this next game. This will be the first time we game plan an opponent. SF has a good Defense so we can base much of the expectations for the season on how he handles pressure etc. I think he will be okay, I dont see us lighting anyone up in the passing game however.......

C Mac D
08-22-2013, 02:16 PM
It doesn't matter, he'll start based on his draft position alone... our coaching staff does not assess players based off performance, only on contracts and perceived talent.

In short, our coaching staff is completely incapable of identifying and developing talent. (for example, they still think Ponder is a legit starter)

vikinggreg
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Well by looking at the numbers I think next season the Vikings will end up recycling veteran QB and his last name will be Manning, whether its Peyton or Eli, these guys just aren't getting it done so far both only have 1 td each and aren't keeping pace with the likes of Tyrod Taylor with 4 so far or yards per game like Sanchez, Glennon or Keenum or QB ratings like Jackson or Weeden. Not sure we have the juice to go out and grab any of these current league leaders but with the salaries the Mannings get the teams that have them could look at cutting their bottom line and just release these cap consumers and the Vikings have been known to recycle former QBs before. :crazy:

Purple Floyd
08-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Me thinks having him sit after the INT during the first game was a mistake. That killed what confidence he gained from the end of last season, and it showed in game two.

Keep looking for more 4 yd check down passes on 3rd and 8.........ugh.

I guess I am of the opinion if his confidence was killed by one INT in the preseason it isn't going to be strong enough to handle the pressure of the post season and he should then be relegated to a role as a clipboard holder as long as he is confident he can keep track of the pen.

LIVike
08-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Since the coaching staff seems set on having Ponder be the week one starter I don't think he has played enough, not even close to enough seeing as he has played all of 27 snaps over both games. Taking him out in the first game was flat out stupid.

singersp
08-23-2013, 06:07 AM
I guess I am of the opinion if his confidence was killed by one INT in the preseason it isn't going to be strong enough to handle the pressure of the post season and he should then be relegated to a role as a clipboard holder as long as he is confident he can keep track of the pen.

I think he could possibly do that, but only if the pen isn't an exotic one.