PDA

View Full Version : RB Zach Line - The Bottom Line

singersp
07-13-2013, 11:27 AM
The Bottom Line On Zach Line

“If Bill Walsh were still alive, Bill would take this kid right now, and he would be a star. You cannot have too many Zach Lines on your football team, and that’s why he’s going to make it in the NFL.”

The Bottom Line On Zach Line | Vikings Territory (http://vikingsterritory.com/2013/uncategorized/the-bottom-line-on-zach-line)

Minniman
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
That was a nice read.

Perhaps we should keep an eye on this guy in camp. He is a longshot, but let us see what he can do.

JPPT1974
07-15-2013, 12:44 AM
He is a longshot, but hope that he will succeed!

Purple Floyd
07-15-2013, 08:27 AM
If Bill Walsh had Adrian Peterson he would be cutting Zach Line and the WCO would have had fewer short passes in it.

Marrdro
07-15-2013, 09:10 AM
People don't like Toby because he's a bit slower than AD, now way they will like this guy. Need to keep working him as a FB but he will never be a RB in this league.

tastywaves
07-15-2013, 11:12 AM
People don't like Toby because he's a bit slower than AD, now way they will like this guy. Need to keep working him as a FB but he will never be a RB in this league.

A bit? Still hanging on to that I see ;)

singersp
08-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Undrafted rookie Line scores on TD reception

Vikings notes: Undrafted rookie Line scores on TD reception | Star Tribune (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/219083531.html)

iowa
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
That was an impressive run after the catch, if he keeps that kind of play going throughout preseason it'll be hard to cut him.

singersp
08-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Apparently he's fast enough to run 61 yards for a TD.

Reignman
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
The dude broke a tackle and at least 2 ankles on that play. The only thing Gerhart has managed to break is my remote control because I threw it across the room after his 3rd fumble on 4 carries at the end of the niners game last year.

MaxVike
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
The dude broke a tackle and at least 2 ankles on that play. The only thing Gerhart has managed to break is my remote control because I threw it across the room after his 3rd fumble on 4 carries at the end of the niners game last year.

That's funny shit there! I agree with Marr, Line is a FB, and could be a damn good one... With receiving and running skills. Practice Squad bound.

marstc09
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM

A bit?! What are you talking about? Line looked faster than Toby.

singersp
08-11-2013, 02:21 PM

You forgot about the laceration that required 5 stitches.....

Rookie Zach Line: 61 Yards, 5 Stitches

Undrafted Vikings Rookie Zach Line: 61 Yards, 5 Stitches « CBS Minnesota (http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/08/10/undrafted-vikings-rookie-zach-line-61-yards-5-stitches/)

HEY
08-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Being a halfback for the Minnesota Vikings must suck.

First of all, you'll barely get to see the field as long as Adrian Peterson is healthy. And second, Peterson is one of the fastest running backs in the NFL. He would make almost anyone look slow.

Toby Gerhart actually has pretty good speed for a running back. He runs the 40 yard dash in the low 4.5's, which is very good for a 230 pounds RB. Toby is big and tall, and he's a long-strider which can give a wrong illusion, next to playing on the same team as Adrian

Zach Line runs a 4.7 and is smaller than Gerhart (Zach is still considerably bigger than the average NFL RB). Zach reminds me of another Viking: Matt Asiata. He's also a HB/FB tweener who runs a 4.7, and he's a tiny bit smaller than Zach. I don't like to get stuck in the 40 times and I think Asiata is underrated as a halfback.

Why? He might lack the long-speed, but he's quick. Sure, having a player like Adrian who can make long runs and score many TD's is optimal. But as long as the guys are quick enough to move the chains, like Asiata and Zach Line, they will eventually reach the end-zone. And sometimes break a long run... because not all defensive players are speed-demons either.