PDA

View Full Version : Would you make the tackle?

SharperImage
06-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Harrison Smith had a cam attached to his helmet during minicamp.. if you watch the video here

Harrison Smith Helmet Cam & Wired For Sound (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Harrison_Smith_Helmet_Cam_Wired_For_Sound/9b197ac4-99d3-4980-a104-ec20810edab3)

Towards the end Adrian Peterson breaks one up the gut coming full speed at harrison smith.. I could only imagine the force AD comes with.. I got scared myself watching that, I dont think I could make that tackle.. could you?

Minniman
06-25-2013, 03:38 AM
Towards the end Adrian Peterson breaks one up the gut coming full speed at harrison smith.. I could only imagine the force AD comes with.. I got scared myself watching that, I dont think I could make that tackle.. could you?
Could I make the tackle? If I was 25 years old, maybe. It is not the hit that would be the problem; it is the speed of the play. While the camera distorts one's vision, it does show how fast the game is in the NFL on the field. These guys have to have superb reflexes.

Even the worst players in the NFL dominated in college and high school. If we could make that play regularly, we would have been padded up someplace for at least a few seasons. There is no need to be ashamed; many NFL players have missed that tackle too.

jmcdon00
06-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Could I make the tackle? If I was 25 years old, maybe.:rofl:

HEY
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I saw the video and man when I saw Adrian coming right at me I was like "oh shit!". Watching all those Vikings games surely make one respect that Man Beast.