PDA

View Full Version : Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice

Minniman
06-20-2013, 04:20 AM
Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice

Gregg Rosenthal at NFL.com reports:

It's only June, and Ponder is playing with a new set of receivers. Things aren't going to be perfect. But the Vikings are counting on Ponder's stability in Bill Musgrave's offensive system to lead to major growth. They need major growth. That reportedly hasn't shown up yet in the offseason.

"You know what's not there? Crispness," Zulgad said. "There's not a sharpness. At times you would expect things to look second nature to Ponder. ... That's not what we're seeing so far, but like I said, it's minicamp."

Christian Ponder reportedly spotty in Vikings practice - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213434/article/christian-ponder-reportedly-spotty-in-vikings-practice)

http://www.1500espn.com/videos/quarterback_play_remains_uneven_as_vikings_begin_m inicamp

Minniman
06-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Christian Ponder among bright spots on minicamp's second day

Tom Pelissero and Judd Zulgad of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities discuss the second day of the Minnesota Vikings' mandatory minicamp, where Christian Ponder and Xavier Rhodes were among the standouts.

http://www.1500espn.com/videos/christian_ponder_among_bright_spots_on_minicamps_s econd_day

Minniman
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
The first day of min-camp, Ponder was "spotty", having happy feet and a listless ball.

The second day, Ponder played much better and was a "bright spot".

On the third day, we will see if Ponder has returned.

Purple Floyd
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Day 4 Webb is pulled back to QB lol

Marrdro
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
It never fails to amaze me that yutz's like Zulgad and Pelissero not only don't have a clue about training camp and the thing called "working on things" but that the yutz fans believe their drivel that they spew forth.

Of course your QB can look bad in the morning (putting something new in) and then look better in the afternoon (went in and watched tape, received coaching) after some film review.

Almost as dumb as trying to say someone looks like crap driving a open wheel car on a track looked like crap the first 3 or 4 laps but started to look better on lap 5.

singersp
07-03-2013, 08:44 AM
It never fails to amaze me that yutz's like Zulgad and Pelissero not only don't have a clue about training camp and the thing called "working on things" but that the yutz fans believe their drivel that they spew forth.

Thing is, if Zulgad and Pelissero were bragging up Ponder at minicamp (FYI traing camp hasn't started yet) you'd be one of the first yutzes sucking it all in & drooling like a teething baby & posting it all over FB and talking about it here on PP.O.

It's only drivel that they spew when you don't like what they're saying.

Marrdro
07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Thing is, if Zulgad and Pelissero were bragging up Ponder at minicamp (FYI traing camp hasn't started yet) you'd be one of the first yutzes sucking it all in & drooling like a teething baby & posting it all over FB and talking about it here on PP.O.

It's only drivel that they spew when you don't like what they're saying.

Could be, however, to date, I don't think I've ever used their stuff as a positive. If I did its because they found an acorn. :)

singersp
07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Could be, however, to date, I don't think I've ever used their stuff as a positive. If I did its because they found an acorn. :)

It may have not been only theirs, but there's been positive minicap articles about players you've been salivating over.

Again, if it's positive, you get jizzed over it, if it's negative about a player you like, It's drivel that they are spewing.

tastywaves
07-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Christian Ponder leaves Vikings mini-camp with another vote of confidence | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/212365111.html)

So just how has Ponder fared over the past month, through 10 days of Organized Team Activities and three mini-camp practices?

As we’ve said all along, making bold proclamations one way or the other about Ponder’s performance is senseless at this stage of the year. Yes, we’ve noted some of the woeful interceptions Ponder threw during OTAs while also recognizing his heightened understanding of the offense and steady confidence.

At least they recognize their articles are meaningless. Still need to feed the masses.

C Mac D
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Tom Pelissero is a moron. Not sure how he got his job, but no one should read anything that guy writes... he's an absolute fool.

Thankfully he's leaving for USA Today, but that alone should tell you how reliable his "reporting" is.

"That paper is so slanted, the words roll off the page." - Stephen Colbert

Marrdro
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
It may have not been only theirs, but there's been positive minicap articles about players you've been salivating over.

Again, if it's positive, you get jizzed over it, if it's negative about a player you like, It's drivel that they are spewing.
I find that hard to agree with. There are things to look for in Minicamp, but none of them make me salivate.

You gotta have pads on and have some hitting going on for me to drool all over the place. :)

tastywaves
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I find that hard to agree with. There are things to look for in Minicamp, but none of them make me salivate.

You gotta have pads on and have some hitting going on for me to drool all over the place. :)

Don't forget girth. Pads unnecessary for that. Maybe just a little saliva?

NeoVikesTX
07-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey it's better than TJack who always seemed to dominate in practice, and then totally suck during the actual games. Unless of course you count the games he won by simply handing the ball off to #28. Oh how I miss those glorious jump passes....

Minniman
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
In this thread, I noted two reports from camp: one stating Ponder was spotty and using bad technique; the other stating he was a bright spot and on target. The authors were just calling what they were seeing.

I am wary of a quarterback with poor technique - even with a new play or two at practice.

Marrdro
07-11-2013, 10:18 AM
In this thread, I noted two reports from camp: one stating Ponder was spotty and using bad technique; the other stating he was a bright spot and on target. The authors were just calling what they were seeing.

I am wary of a quarterback with poor technique - even with a new play or two at practice.
Watch Peyton mannings footwork during a game and then tell me how wary you are about technique.

Another one that comes to mind is Philip Rivers windup and release....Watch Brees when he gets to running around in the pocket. Even the old Noodle showed some pretty horrific technique at times when he was under the gun.

Truth is, it happens to all of them. All of them.