PDA

View Full Version : Spielman credits Ponder as much as Peterson

Marrdro
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Scout.com: Spielman credits Ponder as much as Peterson (http://min.scout.com/2/1290151.html)

Lookout for the firestorm this one is gonna bring. :p

kevoncox
05-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Not surprised...
However, if you have to explain it to folks it's probably not true.
No one ever had to say Troy deserves as much Credit as Smith for Dallas' chips.
No one ever said Brett deserves as much credit as Levens for the chip.
When you have to try and prove your point....and it's not readily visable that this guy is a good QB.... it's probably you just selling snakeoil.

Marrdro
05-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Not surprised...
However, if you have to explain it to folks it's probably not true.
No one ever had to say Troy deserves as much Credit as Smith for Dallas' chips.
No one ever said Brett deserves as much credit as Levens for the chip.
When you have to try and prove your point....and it's not readily visable that this guy is a good QB.... it's probably you just selling snakeoil.
I think you missed the time when people did give Emmit the credit and said Troy was just a game manager.

Truth be told, it lasted right up until he was voted into the hall and then it was still hotly debated.

Not even gonna try on the Noodle/Levens debate. :P

RK.
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
What a putz.

kevoncox
05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I change my mind. Ponder's clean and crisp hand-offs are able to hit Peterson in the gut...right at he hits terminal velocity. The guy should have been MVP.

battleaxe4cheese
05-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Ricky isn't trying to fool anybody. He's trying to give Ponder a last gasp of confidence going into the one season to rule them all. If Ponder stinks this year he knows they're both gone and a that a boy before even preseason don't mean squat.

All the chips are down. Neither will survive in Minnesota if this season is mediocre for Ponder. Nothing is going to change that.

It's like two bomb disposal guys looking face first into a device and the clock is ticking. The superior says to his guy I got faith in you to cut the right wires....

thorshammer
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Let's see ... if it's a team game then i guess that could be said for everyone who played last year.

kevoncox
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Let's see ... if it's a team game then i guess that could be said for everyone who played last year.

Klwue

Traveling_Vike
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
He pretty well has to say that. If he doesn't, then he needs to be relieved of his duties. Never criticize your starting QB until he is no longer your starting QB.

singersp
05-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Let's see now....

Ponder put up 120 points last year, Walsh 142. Where's Rick's love for Walsh? :)

BTW, Spielman speak also said

We will not trade Harvin
There will be a punting competition

RK.
05-10-2013, 04:02 PM

We will not trade Harvin

Schpielman should run for congress. He seems to have the spin qualifications for that.

Minniman
05-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Does Spielman really believe Minnesota fans are THAT stupid?

In the age of the Internet, we have the stats. Ponder was the second worst QB in the NFL last season; he was the worst at throwing the ball 15+ yards. Peterson was the best running back in the NFL last season; he nearly broke the record for rushing yards. Only someone who is completely mad or completely dishonest in his statements could equate the two.

Not only that, we WATCHED the games.

HEY
05-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Let's see now....

Ponder put up 120 points last year, Walsh 142. Where's Rick's love for Walsh? :)

We will not trade Harvin
Actually, Christian Ponder put on 12 points. ;)
Michael Jenkins = 12 points
Jarius Wright = 12 points
Percy Harvin = 60 points
Kyle Rudolph = 64 points
Adrian Peterson = 78 points.
Brian Walsh put on 142 points.