PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Sign Duron Carter, son of Cris Carter

SharperImage
04-28-2013, 12:54 PM
He will be in rookie minicamp. He is 6'5 and runs. 4.4. Good hands and athleticism! We shall see how this pans out. Him and Cordarelle lined up on the outside with Jennings on the inside is unstoppable if he matures

drakkar
04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Spielman said on 1500 it was a tryout and he isn't actually signed yet

Minniman
04-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Spielman said on 1500 it was a tryout and he isn't actually signed yet
I hope he works out. Some guys just want to play football. College is a mummer's farce to them, and the NFL has no minor league for those players.

singersp
04-29-2013, 07:36 AM
The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Duron Carter played his freshman season in 2009 with Ohio State, finishing with 13 receptions for 176 yards and a touchdown.

He left for academic reasons and played 2010 at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He transferred to Alabama in 2011, but never became eligible to play, and then transferred to Florida Atlantic in 2012, but never played for the school.

Cris Carter's son, Duron Carter, to sign with Minnesota Vikings -- source - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9220545/cris-carter-son-duron-carter-sign-minnesota-vikings-source)

So he hasn't played since 2009 & only has 13 catches after 4 years in college?

C Mac D
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm sure he'll be just as good as his Dad... that's usually how these things work out.

NordicNed
04-29-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm sure he'll be just as good as his Dad... that's usually how these things work out. Now wouldn't that be sweet! Hell, give the kid a shot, if he's 3/4's the receiver his dad was, may be a great addition to the WR corp..

Caine
04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
His former QB called him lazy, entitled, and claimed he would be a cancer on any team foolish enough to sign him.

His Dad used his media pulpit and HOF status to make excuses for him - not unexpected.

HOWEVER, if the kid can play - and he leaves all the prima donna BS at the door - I'd love to get another Carter in the lineup.

Caine

tastywaves
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
His former QB called him lazy, entitled, and claimed he would be a cancer on any team foolish enough to sign him.

His Dad used his media pulpit and HOF status to make excuses for him - not unexpected.

HOWEVER, if the kid can play - and he leaves all the prima donna BS at the door - I'd love to get another Carter in the lineup.

Caine

Which one? Apparently he went through about 4 of them (Ohio State, Coffeyville, Alabama and Florida Atlantic) on his journey through the college experience.

Wait, just found it:

"The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen," Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

Hmmm..not much of a reference there. And this was the school where he had his most production, you would have thought the QB would have had something nice to say.

Looks like Duron is suffering from being Chris' kid more than benefiting from it.

Purple Floyd
05-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Not so fast...

Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

The Vikings didnít sign receiver Duron Carter last week, and they wonít be signing him this week.Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the son of former Vikings receiver Cris Carter didnít do enough on a tryout basis at the teamís rookie minicamp to get the team to offer him a contract.

singersp
05-13-2013, 06:43 AM
So the Vikings won't have their second set of "father & son" to have played for the Vikings after all.

Marrdro
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
So the Vikings won't have their second set of "father & son" to have played for the Vikings after all.
Would have been a good story, but I get the feeling we might not want this cat on the team. Seems he isn't his Dad in more ways than one. :)

singersp
05-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Would have been a good story, but I get the feeling we might not want this cat on the team. Seems he isn't his Dad in more ways than one. :)

Thankfully, Jared Allen isn't either. His dad only lasted 2 years with the Vikings.

Minniman
05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
I am not sure what you mean, but Duron has not shown that he has a great work ethic. He has physical ability, but he lacks the skills that he would have gained playing college football with one program.

kingpin9995
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I am not sure what you mean, but Duron has not shown that he has a great work ethic. He has physical ability, but he lacks the skills that he would have gained playing college football with one program.

Cut this loser... He could not succeed at four different college programs. What does that say about his character? It's not like he is just going to decide not that he wants to actually wants to be accountable for his life. His qb that made the statements about him are telling.

tastywaves
05-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Cut this loser... He could not succeed at four different college programs. What does that say about his character? It's not like he is just going to decide not that he wants to actually wants to be accountable for his life. His qb that made the statements about him are telling.

I think that's already been done.