PDA

View Full Version : Top WRs, Honey Badger visit Vikings

singersp
04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Top receivers, 'Honey Badger' among Vikings' pre-draft visits

Top receivers, 'Honey Badger' among Vikings' pre-draft visits | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Two_top_receivers_Honey_Badger_among_Vikings_visits_at_Top_30_event040213)

RK.
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
As long as its not honey boo boo LOL

VikesfaninWis
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Tyrann Mathieu was on record saying that he wanted to kick the Honey Badger nickname, but my question is if he was serious about that, why doesn't he get rid of that blonde patch on his head? Kinda feeding the fire gasoline keeping it huh?

vikinggreg
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Tyrann Mathieu was on record saying that he wanted to kick the Honey Badger nickname, but my question is if he was serious about that, why doesn't he get rid of that blonde patch on his head? Kinda feeding the fire gasoline keeping it huh?

I think he was also trying to kick his ganja habit too, checked himself out of rehab in August and was arrested in Oct for possession

C Mac D
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I think he was also trying to kick his ganja habit too, checked himself out of rehab in August and was arrested in Oct for possession

Pot will be legal soon. If that's your biggest hangup about the kid, you need to get over it. It's far safer than alcohol is - that is an unarguable fact.

vikinggreg
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Pot will be legal soon. If that's your biggest hangup about the kid, you need to get over it. It's far safer than alcohol is - that is an unarguable fact.

It doesn't matter if its on the NFL banned list and the guy is suspended....that's would be my biggest hangup

Purple Floyd
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
It has nothing to do with whether pot is better or worse than alcohol, it has to do with his judgement. He was a premier player and had a bright future and he made piss poor decisions and got caught multiple times. That is stupid. It would also be stupid if he was a drinker and got multiple DWI's while in college that ended up getting him kicked out of a program. If pot, alcohol or whatever is more important than your future or football then you probably don't belong on the field with the best of the best.

jessejames09
04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Huge upside, but honey-badger don't give a shit. Was in the running for the Heisman as a sophomore, I believe, and blew it. I think he would have had a shot at winning a Heisman if he stayed at LSU until he was a senior. I hope he does redeems himself, fun player to watch, but we just got our come-uppins with taking a character guy in Percy. Anytime before the 4th round isn't worth the risk for me...

Purple Floyd
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Aside from being a stoner, physically after seeing Winfield be a liability in the passing gams against taller WR's and in light if the fact the offenses are passing more I don't want to see us go right back to an undersized guy who can tackle but who becomes a liability in pass defense. If we wanted a CB we should have taken Claiborne last year when we had the chance an took a LT this year with one of our 1st round picks.

kevoncox
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Aside from being a stoner, physically after seeing Winfield be a liability in the passing gams against taller WR's and in light if the fact the offenses are passing more I don't want to see us go right back to an undersized guy who can tackle but who becomes a liability in pass defense. If we wanted a CB we should have taken Claiborne last year when we had the chance an took a LT this year with one of our 1st round picks.

We would have been drafting in the top 5 again.
No one mentions that when we added Khalil... our line solidified and AD had a career year. I know everyone want's to give it to Felton but I believe both guys had a lot to do with it. We don't need to take a 10 ten CB. I much rather have a top 10 LT.

Purple Floyd
04-03-2013, 07:12 PM
We would have been drafting in the top 5 again.
No one mentions that when we added Khalil... our line solidified and AD had a career year. I know everyone want's to give it to Felton but I believe both guys had a lot to do with it. We don't need to take a 10 ten CB. I much rather have a top 10 LT.
Whatever. There is so much wrong with what you said i really don't want to start. If you honestly think that a LT was the difference between 10-6 and the playoffs and being 5-11 or worse and picking in the top 5 then there is no reason to even continue a discussion.

And it isn't Khalil- He is hanging out with the rest of the dead poets society.

It's Kalil.

kevoncox
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Whatever. There is so much wrong with what you said i really don't want to start. If you honestly think that a LT was the difference between 10-6 and the playoffs and being 5-11 or worse and picking in the top 5 then there is no reason to even continue a discussion.

And it isn't Khalil- He is hanging out with the rest of the dead poets society.

It's Kalil.

Signs you are wrong.
1. You start a response "There is so much wrong with what"
2. You have time to point out meaningless errors.

The drafting of Khalil [sic] fixed two spots on our line. It gave us a Good LT (rookie year) and an Above average LG when we had neither. Had we drafted Clairborne [sic], we would have Two corners, and either no LT or No Harrison Smith (might have gone after Mike Adams LT instead). So in closing... we made the right decision and those that wanted Clairborne still have their panties in a proverbial bunch! Spielman made the right choice. How else would you explain AD's 2000 yards? All Felton and AD? Give the line some credit.

Purple Floyd
04-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I'll give the right side of the line more credit for Peterson than the left side. If Kahlihli made such a big difference maybe you could explain the passing game since he was clearly drafted and ranked for his pass protection and not his run blocking,which is good, but not a 10 win improvement good. Johnson was not the only option for the LG so you cannot tie that into the drafting of a LT. Hell, we had a LT that just won a SB with the team he went to and he started every playoff game and looked great. Brett F had one of the best years of his career behind an OL that didn't have the new LT so it is certainly possible Peterson could have done it without him. The highlights do not show that the blocks from the LT were the ones that gave him the big holes to run through. So yeah, you are wrong.

Now, feel free to go lay by your dish.:rofl:

VikesfaninWis
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM

I believe that Mathieu's vertical jump is higher than Winfield's. The height doesn't matter if they can jump high enough to defend a pass.

kevoncox
04-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Just curious, are you saying the team could have gone out in April and found a starting caliber LT? AHAHAHA....
Question, what is readily available now?
Quiet simply.... you're wrong. Accept it

I'll give the right side of the line more credit for Peterson than the left side. If Kahlihli made such a big difference maybe you could explain the passing game since he was clearly drafted and ranked for his pass protection and not his run blocking,which is good, but not a 10 win improvement good. Johnson was not the only option for the LG so you cannot tie that into the drafting of a LT. Hell, we had a LT that just won a SB with the team he went to and he started every playoff game and looked great. Brett F had one of the best years of his career behind an OL that didn't have the new LT so it is certainly possible Peterson could have done it without him. The highlights do not show that the blocks from the LT were the ones that gave him the big holes to run through. So yeah, you are wrong.

singersp
04-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Tyrann Mathieu to Replace Antoine Winfield?

Vikings Draft Targets: Tyrann Mathieu to Replace Antoine Winfield? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more. (http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/03/vikings-draft-targets-tyrann-mathieu-to-replace-antoine-winfield/)

Purple Floyd
04-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Just curious, are you saying the team could have gone out in April and found a starting caliber LT? AHAHAHA....
Question, what is readily available now?
Quiet simply.... you're wrong. Accept it

So you are saying there wasn't a team in the league who had a new LT last year? Not one was available in the whole wide world? That is your defense? And now you are also saying that there isn't one available in this draft either?

marshallvike
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM

PF, what the hell you doing, ripping on the drafting of Khalil? You've worked so hard to nurture that new "Vikings Yes Man" image.

Purple Floyd
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
PF, what the hell you doing, ripping on the drafting of Khalil? You've worked so hard to nurture that new "Vikings Yes Man" image.

Oh, I am not ripping it but I disagree that there were no other options and while I may be a yes man, when the bullshit gets too deep I still have a shovel.:rofl:

MulletMullitia
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Can you imagine the development under Leslie Frazier? Where do I sign? Hell I'd take him in the 2nd if we had to. He's first round talent and multidimensional. He comes right in as our starting kick and punt returner. Then we can let Leslie work his magic and get him into the top 2 as soon as possible. 2 first round picks gives us the flexibility to make a move like this in the 2nd or 3rd round.

C Mac D
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Can you imagine the development under Leslie Frazier? Where do I sign? Hell I'd take him in the 2nd if we had to. He's first round talent and multidimensional. He comes right in as our starting kick and punt returner. Then we can let Leslie work his magic and get him into the top 2 as soon as possible. 2 first round picks gives us the flexibility to make a move like this in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Hear, hear!!! Agree 100%

Well, everything except the Leslie Frazier part... Leslie wasn't that great of a safety, truth be told. Just played on a good defense.

kevoncox
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Oh, I am not ripping it but I disagree that there were no other options and while I may be a yes man, when the bullshit gets too deep I still have a shovel.:rofl:

What were these options you speak of. Please enlighten us. Remember, we were cap strapped last season even after cutting Hutch.

singersp
04-05-2013, 08:06 AM

Hear, hear!!! Agree 100%

Well, everything except the Leslie Frazier part... Leslie wasn't that great of a safety, truth be told. Just played on a good defense.

Even if Frazier had been a great safety, I don't think a head coach is going to spend a lot of his time taking on the responsibilities of the positional coach. That's why we have positional coaches.

MaxVike
04-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I like Hopkins. His catch radius is huge, and, he knows End Zones. I like Like Allen too. And Austin, and Hunter, and Woods. I think any of those guys would help in various ways as rookies.

Honey Badger, if for nothing else, he could be an amazing Special Teamer right out of the gate...but, before 3rd Round, not sure. I like the electricity he brings to the field. It is a risk worth taking if he passes the Vikes' character tests.

VikesfaninWis
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
If we draft Mathieu, he has to change his name to Honey Norsemen. I won't have a guy on this team that represents the mascot for the Wisconsin College team in Madison. ;)

Also, you don't have to put him on the taller WR's that we face, that is why we have a 6'2 Corner by the name of Chris Cook. He likes to run his mouth and says he can cover anyone, so put him on the guys like Megatron, Marshall, and Nelson's of the division and see how he does. And like I said before, if he has good jumping ability, it won't matter who you put him on.

MaxVike
04-05-2013, 04:25 PM
If we draft The Honey Badger and put him on Megatron or Marshal, the coaches are fools. I don't care if he can jump out of the building...so can they and their start is 6-8" taller, with higher vert and longer arms... Running with and covering are two different things with these two cats in particular.

tastywaves
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I like Hopkins. His catch radius is huge, and, he knows End Zones. I like Like Allen too. And Austin, and Hunter, and Woods. I think any of those guys would help in various ways as rookies.

Honey Badger, if for nothing else, he could be an amazing Special Teamer right out of the gate...but, before 3rd Round, not sure. I like the electricity he brings to the field. It is a risk worth taking if he passes the Vikes' character tests.

That's where I'm at. He's shown that he can be a player at the college level, but there is a fair amount of risk with him both physically and mentally.

tarkenton10
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Personally, I wouldn't take him at all. I don't think he really cares about the NFL other than a paycheck and a way to more ganja!!

If we take a CB in the third I would much rather have this cat.

David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

He had a great sophomore year and was rated ahead of Milliner and Rhodes before this year began. He had a horrible year but I think that he needs to be taught and like his skillset in the tampa two. Taller, bigger than the honey badger and a higher upside IMO. His problem was jumping routes, well, in man, that's a TD but in a cover two that is not that big a deal. He has very good instincts for a tampa two corner.

C Mac D
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Personally, I wouldn't take him at all. I don't think he really cares about the NFL other than a paycheck and a way to more ganja!!

If we take a CB in the third I would much rather have this cat.

David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

He had a great sophomore year and was rated ahead of Milliner and Rhodes before this year began. He had a horrible year but I think that he needs to be taught and like his skillset in the tampa two. Taller, bigger than the honey badger and a higher upside IMO. His problem was jumping routes, well, in man, that's a TD but in a cover two that is not that big a deal. He has very good instincts for a tampa two corner.

Haha... that's hilarious. You have no idea what you're talking about. Amerson sucks.