PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Johnson restructured contract

Culpepper_4717
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Left guard Charlie Johnson signed a new deal that cut his maximum compensation and his cap number for 2013 by $500,000, an NFL source said.

Source: Vikings guard Charlie Johnson restructured contract, too | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Source_Vikings_guard_Charlie_Johnson_restructured_contract_too031613)

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I think Kevin Williams will be asked to restructure or will be released. I think they may try to do a longer term deal with Allen thus lowering his cap for this year as well. They won't release Allen, so I hope something gets done with him because that is a lot of the cap right there on one player.

Purple Floyd
03-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Good. Keep the line intact and bring in a few new guys to push them if they slip.

PackSux!
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
I think Kevin Williams will be asked to restructure or will be released. I think they may try to do a longer term deal with Allen thus lowering his cap for this year as well. They won't release Allen, so I hope something gets done with him because that is a lot of the cap right there on one player.

Wrong side of the ball buddy.

I like the fact that we are keeping the line together but I hope we do draft a replacement guard for Johnson.

VikesfaninWis
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Wrong side of the ball buddy.

I like the fact that we are keeping the line together but I hope we do draft a replacement guard for Johnson.

I know, just going with the players that have a high cap number and will possibly be asked to restructure. I am well aware of who plays defense and who plays offense. :haha:

Purple Floyd
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Spielman is really putting the financial side in order on the team. It will be interesting to see how he puts together the rest of the roster.