PDA

View Full Version : Harvin demands trade

singersp
03-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Vikings wideout Percy Harvin demands trade

Report: Vikings wideout Percy Harvin demands trade | SI Tracking Blog (http://tracking.si.com/2013/03/10/vikings-harvin-wants-out-of-minnesota/)

singersp
03-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Harvin doesn't want to play with Vikings

Sid Hartman: Harvin doesn't want to play with Vikings | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/196714011.html)

thorshammer
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I wish he would say exactly what he's looking for. We made the playoffs. We are not that bad of a team. A lot of players would like to be on a team that's pretty close.

MaxVike
03-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by digital420
i liked this about the situation.

percy really holds no cards.. if he tries to hardball the vikes.. he loses.. his agent should be drilling this into him! play nice, get paid! stay a viking. any other team he goes to. sure he'll be percy.. but will they have AD to pull 9 players from the D to him? will they have a TE that needs to be covered? percy can't be shadow'd, dbl teamed on the vikes..

IF we do trade him it's because we got a Walker type trade. if I was percy's agent.. i'd say. play nice now. get rewarded later. push now u might get 10... play large next season, get 15 mil.. maybe on a different team.

however it pans out, it'll be the locker room that keeps him in line, coaching staff and teamates if they can.

DiGiTaL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These posts relate to Percy's alleged trade demand...cut and pasted from the "Harvin's Lost His Mind" thread
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I negotiate contracts for a living...you are correct good sir, leverage, is a wonderful thing.

That said, the Vikings BATNA (Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement) is not keeping him off the field and on the Roster. Whereas Percy holds no cards...a disgruntled, coddled, child does not equate to anything other than a major distraction from a Team perspective. As I posted roughly a month ago, if the kid wants to be here and changes his approach, great...if not, transfer the pain in the ass to someone else. There is no track record of anyone, other than mum-mum, keeping this kid "in line," so, cut your losses, and get as much as you can.

Oh, and I think it is naive to expect that Percy is going to come out publicly with whatever his major problem is...and, it is abundantly clear that neither Spielman nor Frazier are going to share it either. But, when Frazier stated that "Percy is in a good state of mind" after his season ending exit interview...to me, that spoke volumes. A key player who was put on IR, who is under contract for the following season, who's Team is making a Playoff run, who runs to Florida did all of the necessary speaking IMHO. Ponder and AD, among others, stating that they 'want Percy back,' are part of the Program, the Team...Percy, at this point, is not.

By the way, this topic is really giving me a migraine ...

thorshammer
03-10-2013, 11:53 AM
OK. He wants out. Just throwing this out there. "Mallett has two years left on his rookie contract. Cabot wrote the Patriots wouldn't part with him for less than a second-round pick". Most people feel Harvin's worth a two. Even trade with Pats for Mallet.

singersp
03-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I felt Spielman should have rewarded Harvin with a new contract last August & signed him & made him happy At the very least near the end of the season. It probably could have been done for a lot less than he's wanting now. Instead, not getting paid for performance festered inside him all year long. It's too late now.

Purple Floyd
03-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Trade his ass to Oakland or Cleveland and see how he likes those apples.or trade him to Arizona for Fitzgerald

MaxVike
03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I felt Spielman should have rewarded Harvin with a new contract last August & signed him & made him happy At the very least near the end of the season. It probably could have been done for a lot less than he's wanting now. Instead, not getting paid for performance festered inside him all year long. It's too late now.

I'm not sure that would have made him happy...and, I don't blame Spielman at all. There is no track record of this kid being happy (well, perhaps he was when he failed his drug test before the Combine).

If he wants to be part of the Team, great. If not, GFY Percy.

PackSux!
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Trade his ass to Oakland or Cleveland and see how he likes those apples.or trade him to Arizona for Fitzgerald

Percy for Fitz!

Bring Larry home!

NodakPaul
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM

First I don't think he deserved a new contract last year - he was three years into a five year rookie contract. Yes, he is a great WR, but he hadn't done enough to warrant a contract extension two years early.

Second, I don't think that would have made him happy. He was quick to dismiss contract as the reason for his last temper tantrum, saying it was more about how he was used in the offense. So we made him one of two focal points of the offense, and he still wasn't happy. Even if we would have redone the contract last year, I think we would be hearing the same complaints this year.

And third, and this is really the sticking point for me, Harvin has a history of acting like a child. In college, with Childress, and now with Frazier. He has talent, and that has allowed him to act like a petulant child for too long. For crying out loud, he refused to do conditioning drills in college because he wanted to play pick up basketball instead - and they changed the conditioning rules as a result.

It is time he grows up.

If he wants to be traded fine. Trade him for nothing less that a second. If nobody wants to spend a second to get a spoiled WR who has never broken 1000 yards, then force him to play out the last year of his contract. If he becomes a distraction, then TO him.

purple pain
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Have mercy Percy! No one is going to want you knowing that you have the potential to tear apart a locker room. You have not shown you can consistanly stay on the field to demand Calvin Johnson money. You have All-Star talent but your self entitlement attitude will lead to your demise. I say yes you deserved to be paid but leaving a team that is developing into a very cohesive unit is a major mistake on your part. With AP in the backfield, Kyl Rudolph at TE & hopefully a sure fire deep threat pick in the draft you could have eye popping numbers in 2013. I say go get some help dealing with your issues & play with the integrity of a Fitzgerald, A Johnson, W Welker.....or pout, sit out, get traded & wind up watching the Vikings win the Superbowl.

C Mac D
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Who cares anymore, Harvin is a petulant child.

I don't have faith that we'll get a lot of value for him in a trade, at least not what he's worth... but at this point I don't even care anymore. He's insulting the team and us the fans. F*ck'em.

NodakPaul
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM

I don't have faith that we'll get a lot of value for him in a trade, at least not what he's worth... but at this point I don't even care anymore. He's insulting the team and us the fans. F*ck'em.

Agreed 100%.

marshallvike
03-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Been a lot of rumors about the Vikings trading Percy, Or Percy wanting to leave the Vikings, but I haven't heard one word about a team actually being interested in trading for POS Percy.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2013, 12:02 AM
If the Vikings called the Cardinals and proposed a trade of Percy Harvin for Larry Fitzgerald, the Cards would laugh their asses off and hang up. You don't get rid of a player like Fitz who plays in every game and never makes a peep despite rough times. The situation in Arizona has been horrible the past few years, and have we heard one single thing about Fitz blowing up at his head coach, or being a little bitch ass diva? Nope.

I don't see many teams wanting to trade for this idiot, so the offers won't be that great IMO. If the right offer doesn't come in, then I hope he holds out for camp, then the first what, 10 weeks of the season I believe? Then when he does come back, keep his punk ass inactive the rest of the way. That way he hasn't played in a full year and a half (counting the games he missed last year) and thus, he won't get any offer even close to Megatron money in free agency. However, if he holds out and you play him when he comes back and he lights it up, teams will justify rewarding him by his play. Let the little f'er rot while he is here.

Mr Anderson
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
If the Vikings called the Cardinals and proposed a trade of Percy Harvin for Larry Fitzgerald, the Cards would laugh their asses off and hang up. You don't get rid of a player like Fitz who plays in every game and never makes a peep despite rough times. The situation in Arizona has been horrible the past few years, and have we heard one single thing about Fitz blowing up at his head coach, or being a little bitch ass diva? Nope.

Larry Fitzgerald has 50 million guaranteed reasons not to complain. And didn't he compare playing for the Cardinals to eating out of the trash once?

What has Harvin ever done publicly to embarrass the organization? Every negative thing we've ever heard about him has come from sources. No twitter bullshit, nothing in the media. Whenever a guy is unhappy within a sports organization, it becomes a witch hunt to paint him as an asshole, diva, greedy, etc. Unless of course they're Tim Tebow. That's not me saying Harvin isn't being a dick. He could be, I just haven't seen him do much. I also haven't seen the front office, coaches, or locker room react to any of his antics. Until I do, I want Harvin on this team, unless we can get a ridiculous deal for him.

singersp
03-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Been a lot of rumors about the Vikings trading Percy, Or Percy wanting to leave the Vikings, but I haven't heard one word about a team actually being interested in trading for POS Percy.

DHQ: Vikings have an offer for Harvin Draft Vikings (http://draftvikings.com/dhq-vikings-have-an-offer-for-harvin/)

Zobel: Vikings Have An Offer For Percy Harvin | Vikings Territory (http://vikingsterritory.com/2013/speculation/zobel-vikings-have-standing-offer-for-harvin)

Purple Floyd
03-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Out of curiosity how many Harvin trade threads do we really need? It seems we are supposed to keep all this in one thread or start an " official Harvin trade" thread.

singersp
03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
How many trade threads do we have? Others are talking about resigning him or how much he wants to be paid.

I've only seen 1 whose topic is about him demanding a trade.

NodakPaul
03-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Out of curiosity how many Harvin trade threads do we really need? It seems we are supposed to keep all this in one thread or start an " official Harvin trade" thread.

I'm with Singer, I think the are disparate enough to be allowed... especially when there is pretty much nothing else going on right now. :)

I personally don't like the mega threads - multiple discussions get going in one thread and it makes them a pain in the butt to follow.

mountainviking
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Everything about this is still, "reports" and usually from "unnamed sources" which to me, is equal to smoke and mirrors. Sure, there's at least a bit of truth in there somewhere, but I just don't see the angle...we've got a track record of extending keepers going into their last year, now, and I think AP and Greenway's contracts show we are willing to pay for talent, we totally made PH the focus of the offense while he was healthy, and our team improved from 3 wins to 10 and a playoff spot. In short, I think the Vikes have done everything he's asked, so I wonder why he'd be so set on going elsewhere, and leaving AP and this defense behind. Unless, the Gator in him just can't play with a Seminole!? JK, maybe, it comes down to him wanting to go home to FL, where his family is...but none of those teams did as well as the Vikings did last season, and I think there's a pretty good chance he'll regret this decision before long...if this even was/is his decision.

Zobel does not name the mystery team. Possibilities could include Jacksonville, Miami, St. Louis and San Francisco.

It's such a deep draft, that I think I best like the idea of getting a 2 and 3 from Miami, but I don't see them being interested if they sign both Wallace and Hartline. I'd love to add the 2nd pick of the 2nd that KC traded to SF, but it doesn't sound like they have the cap space to pay him. Talking STL out of one of their firsts (16 or 22) would be awesome, as I've seen them snagging the WR we covet right in front of us at 22 a lot lately, but I don't see Fisher as the type of coach to want to bring in a diva for a first round pick when they have so many other needs.

That brings us to JAX who is actually where he played his college ball, so he'd probably be happy about that, but so far, looks like it may actually be a downgrade at QB. From the Jags perspective, he would definitely spark some interest and sell some tickets, and in this year's deep draft, having the first pick of the 2nd round would be awesome!! Specially if we could also get them to swap picks in a mid round, hopefully, our 23rd of the 4th for their FIRST of the 4th, but moving up our 5th wouldn't be bad either.

A potential sleeper of a trade partner is NE, where Welker is likely moving on and they could use a serious WR upgrade anyway, and we know Belicheat likes PH's skills...but not only do they not have any extra picks this year, they don't even have their full allotment, so us getting their 29th overall seems unlikely.

I just hope we get some value out of him, cuz we're going to need to fill 3 spots if he leaves: Slot/1b WR, KR, and 3rd RB. And (assuming Harvin is gone) we already don't have a WR worth more than 4th round potential...D'oh!! :beatupchickensmall: Anyone else feel like beating their head against a brick wall!? As in, seeing our weakness worsen instead of better!?

Mark_The_Viking
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Agreed! Doesn't matter how good he is if he doesn't want to play for the team then get rid, The Pats will take him to replace Welker imo

idahovikefan7
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm so tired of the Harvin drama. Yes He's a great player (when he's on the field) but at this point he's being a pissy little baby. These are the type of players the Vikings are trying to rid of, let another team deal with this "headache".

I've lost respect for Percy. Yes he deserves to be paid, but he could have gone at this all in a much better way. Now he supposedly just doesn't want to be a Viking. Screw him, they don't need a player like that.

jargomcfargo
03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
It's reported that Percy wants out and an offer is in place, so I think it will come to pass.
Spielman is probably waiting to see if he can get any better offers, but it is starting to appear to be a virtualy done deal.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
A deal it is to, nice little haul in return. I would definitely not hold my breath as of yet. They still need to come to an agreement on a new deal, he has to pass his physical. For all we know he will test positive for something, or maybe his ego is shattered and will fail the damn thing. :D