PDA

View Full Version : Harvin's Lost His Mind

singersp
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Harvin's Lost His Damn Mind

Report: Percy Harvin's Lost His Damn Mind - Daily Norseman (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/8/4078016/report-percy-harvins-lost-his-damn-mind)

singersp
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Harvin threatened walkout after ex-teammate signed deal

Report: Percy Harvin threatened walkout after ex-teammate signed deal - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Percy_Harvin_threatened_walkout_after_exteammate_signed_deal030713)

NodakPaul
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Hernandez signed his new contract with the Patriots during training camp in August. Harvin was already in the middle of training camp with the Vikings at that point.

So this was AFTER Harvin had his hissy fit in the summer and was talked into coming to camp.

it's believed that Harvin wants money closer to what Calvin Johnson got from Detroit in 2012 (eight years, $132 million) than to Jackson or Bowe. That's an average of $16.5 million per year compared to a little more than $11 million for Jackson and Bowe.

Not just no, but f@ck no.

News flash Percy, we went 5-3 with you in the line up, and 5-3 without you in the lineup. You are a damn good player, and someone who has the potential to score every time you touch the ball. But you are not worth Megatron money.

OK, now that I have said that, I actually understand where Harvin is coming from.

I think this is more about money though... I think it is more appropriate to say that Harvin wants Megatron money to stay with the Vikings, but he would take less on a team with a better QB. Not saying that I agree with it, but it is what it is. If he goes to a team with a good to great QB, he will very likely have career years, and the next time he hits FA he might very well command Megatron money. If he stays with the Vikings, well, he is never going to have that 1500 yard year and he knows it. So if he can get Megatron money now he will stay. if not, then he wants to go somewhere that he may be able to earn it.

At this point I think a trade is in the best interest of everybody - the Vikings and Harvin.

PackSux!
03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Yahoo report. That is all that needs to be said. I will believe it when it comes out of Percy's mouth or his agents.

If this Yahoo report is true then I guess a trade is our only option, but I find it hard to believe that Percy thinks he can command megatron money.

NodakPaul
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Yahoo report. That is all that needs to be said. I will believe it when it comes out of Percy's mouth or his agents.

If this Yahoo report is true then I guess a trade is our only option, but I find it hard to believe that Percy thinks he can command megatron money.

Jason Cole isn't too bad when it comes to credibility, and this fits right in with some of the stuff we have been seeing...

jargomcfargo
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
It's more than the money. It's a pattern of behavior.
Percy is about Percy. He has been successful at getting his way by throwing fits and yelling.
In college it was said the players ran the show and Percy was the ring leader. One time Percy refused to participate in a conditioning run as a result, Urban Meyer changed his program and said the players could play basketball instead of running.
It has been well documented that Percy was contentious with Childress and pitched a weight in his direction.
He also has had multiple blow ups and arguements with Frazier according to the latest report.

Percy appears to lack emotional stability and maturity.

I believe he deserves to get paid, but ultimately, the market will determine his value, and he should let his agent do the negotiating. It's unlikely anyone will give him Calvin Johnson like money.

At this point, the team may be better off without him.

tastywaves
03-08-2013, 11:40 AM
So this was AFTER Harvin had his hissy fit in the summer and was talked into coming to camp.

Not just no, but f@ck no.

News flash Percy, we went 5-3 with you in the line up, and 5-3 without you in the lineup. You are a damn good player, and someone who has the potential to score every time you touch the ball. But you are not worth Megatron money.

OK, now that I have said that, I actually understand where Harvin is coming from.

I think this is more about money though... I think it is more appropriate to say that Harvin wants Megatron money to stay with the Vikings, but he would take less on a team with a better QB. Not saying that I agree with it, but it is what it is. If he goes to a team with a good to great QB, he will very likely have career years, and the next time he hits FA he might very well command Megatron money. If he stays with the Vikings, well, he is never going to have that 1500 yard year and he knows it. So if he can get Megatron money now he will stay. if not, then he wants to go somewhere that he may be able to earn it.

At this point I think a trade is in the best interest of everybody - the Vikings and Harvin.

I think it is about the money, I think it's always been about the money. I don't think he cares that much where he signs and he just wants to get while the getting is good.

The theory of him putting up better numbers with a better QB I'm not so sure I agree with either. Will other offenses that have great QB's depend on Percy as much as we did. Will they feature the plays where Percy gained the majority of his production (Singer's favorite behind the LOS throws)? Or, will he become more of a traditional slot receiver with the occasional pass out to the flat? I think he will be productive wherever he ends up and he may extend his career with another team, but I don't know if I would count on more production per game.

Also, if there is any truth to this article, he's kidding himself. I still maintain that his value in MN is probably as high as any other team in the NFL. He will no doubt find this out in time. This is where a good agent should be putting realistic expectations in his head so Percy doesn't feel cheated regardless of what he ends up getting. In the end, he will no doubt follow the path to the largest contract and if there is a team that over values his worth then so be it.

San Fran is an intriguing play though. They have the most to give in terms of draft picks and players, they recently just fell short of their goal and are looking for a few x-factors to take them over the edge. Percy just may be that guy. He does fit their style of play and the added bonus of playing for the NFC Champ's on top of a decent contract may make him happy for now. The Vikings could win in this scenario as well. Outside of that though, nothing really strikes me as a win-win situation.

mountainviking
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
No.1, just another rumor. We still haven't heard any of this straight from the horses' mouths.

And, of course you throw out the highest number possible, thats part of negotiating. I don't think he'll get to 15+/year, but likely does deserve something like Bowe and Jackson got in the 10-11/year range.

All this negativity isn't helping his value to us or anybody else...starting to get the suspicion that we're goona get fleeced on this deal, again!? D'oh!!

PackSux!
03-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I personally don't think the Vikings are shopping Harvin. During the combines some chatter was reported but Spielman shot that down instantly. I wonder how Spielman will respond to this one?

I still believe the Vikings and Harvin will work out a deal and all will be well.

If we do trade him then I hope it is not to a NFC team. I would also think that a first round pick at the least would be in order, since he is a blue chip player.

PackSux!
03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I see ESPN has now caught wind of the yahoo report.

singersp
03-09-2013, 11:13 AM
I see ESPN has now caught wind of the yahoo report.

Meanwhile, Bleacher Report is just breaking wind.

Purple Floyd
03-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Harvin's problem is that he is a great athlete but he is more of a tweener. He is a decent RB but not necessarily and every down back. He is a decent WR but not really a dominant WR that can run all the routes and he is a great return guy but it is hard to build the team around what he does best when we are essentially built around Peterson.

I think he seems to be better suited to a team that could use him as a RB and catching screens out of the backfield like teams did with Faulk all those years than as a slot WR.

Purple Floyd
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
And he is not worth Megatron money. He is more along the lines of Shockwave or starscream.

snowinapril
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Something we forget is the agents do the talking. What a player thinks has probably been the information the agent has given the player. It is the agent that explains what he is trying to get from the team and help the player have some sort of sense of what he is worth in the open market. (I see this similar to buying a house, I trust the agent to assist in getting data to support the offer then you have an appraisal also.)

I think we try to attach emotions to this that aren't there for the player. Yes the player has shown emotion on the sideline and per reports in the locker room. I think if one wants to know what Harvin is worth, they need to take his stats compare them to other guys that recently signed and do an appraisal of sorts. Then take into account the team he is on and determine if he can hold that team hostage (or not) because he is the best WR on that team.

If he is here next year, great. If he isn't that is fine with me too. He is worth market value and maybe a smidge more. If he can't deal with what the Vikings offer him, that is on him and his agent. He has a chance to be a featured player here and he knows what he has here. Does he have faith in the team to make changes to win or would he rather move on to another team and not know how he will be utilized? We have seen tons of WRs change teams and not succeed. With that said I do think because of his versatility he has more than other WR's offer.

It would be nice to sign him. Maybe they should ask Ponder to take a pay cut, "Christian, he makes you look better than you are. It might prolong your career. How about taking a pay cut to the league minimum." LOL Just kidding, that would be funny though.

snowinapril
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
The only people that can say if he is worth Megatron money are the Vikings. The Vikings have the ultimate say in this, they are the ones that have to pony up the money. The player is just a piece of this huge puzzle.

Can they utilize him to put up those numbers?
Do they think that is the production they expect from him in the system they want to run the next few years?
How does that affect the production of the star player, AP?

Brewtal
03-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Spielman will let him hold out and play hardball. I believe it is the right move as well.

MaxVike
03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Spielman will let him hold out and play hardball. I believe it is the right move as well.

Agreed, if he's not already gone or, miraculously signed with an extension.

digital420
03-10-2013, 09:30 AM
i liked this about the situation.

And let's make another thing perfectly clear. . .as it stands right now, the Minnesota Vikings don't have to do one damn thing with Percy Harvin. Percy Harvin is under contract to the Minnesota Vikings for the 2013 season, whether he, his agent, or anybody else likes it or not. Sure, he can sit out and come back for the final six games so that he can get to free agency. And then after the season the Vikings can slap him with the franchise tag, at which point he can a) sign the tender and play for the Vikings, b) get traded for high draft picks, or c) sit at home and not play football for anybody. They can slap him with the franchise tag the year after that, too, if they want.

Basically, the Minnesota Vikings can decide not just where. . .or even if. . .Harvin plays football in 2013, but in 2014 and 2015, too.

percy really holds no cards.. if he tries to hardball the vikes.. he loses.. his agent should be drilling this into him! play nice, get paid! stay a viking. any other team he goes to. sure he'll be percy.. but will they have AD to pull 9 players from the D to him? will they have a TE that needs to be covered? percy can't be shadow'd, dbl teamed on the vikes..

IF we do trade him it's because we got a Walker type trade. if I was percy's agent.. i'd say. play nice now. get rewarded later. push now u might get 10... play large next season, get 15 mil.. maybe on a different team.

however it pans out, it'll be the locker room that keeps him in line, coaching staff and teamates if they can.

DiGiTaL

MaxVike
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM

percy really holds no cards.. if he tries to hardball the vikes.. he loses.. his agent should be drilling this into him! play nice, get paid! stay a viking. any other team he goes to. sure he'll be percy.. but will they have AD to pull 9 players from the D to him? will they have a TE that needs to be covered? percy can't be shadow'd, dbl teamed on the vikes..

IF we do trade him it's because we got a Walker type trade. if I was percy's agent.. i'd say. play nice now. get rewarded later. push now u might get 10... play large next season, get 15 mil.. maybe on a different team.

however it pans out, it'll be the locker room that keeps him in line, coaching staff and teamates if they can.

DiGiTaL

I negotiate contracts for a living...you are correct good sir, leverage, is a wonderful thing.

That said, the Vikings BATNA (Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement) is not keeping him off the field and on the Roster. Whereas Percy holds no cards...a disgruntled, coddled, child does not equate to anything other than a major distraction from a Team perspective. As I posted roughly a month ago, if the kid wants to be here and changes his approach, great...if not, transfer the pain in the ass to someone else. There is no track record of anyone, other than mum-mum, keeping this kid "in line," so, cut your losses, and get as much as you can.

Oh, and I think it is naive to expect that Percy is going to come out publicly with whatever his major problem is...and, it is abundantly clear that neither Spielman nor Frazier are going to share it either. But, when Frazier stated that "Percy is in a good state of mind" after his season ending exit interview...to me, that spoke volumes. A key player who was put on IR, who is under contract for the following season, who's Team is making a Playoff run, who runs to Florida did all of the necessary speaking IMHO. Ponder and AD, among others, stating that they 'want Percy back,' are part of the Program, the Team...Percy, at this point, is not.

By the way, this topic is really giving me a migraine ...

jargomcfargo
03-10-2013, 12:13 PM

DiGiTaL

At this point, I think they would move him for a third round pick just to get rid of this headache.
I hope they trade him to the Jags.

PackSux!
03-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Third round pick? No way in hell you can give him up for under a first, no matter how big of a headache people seem to think. I will believe he is a headache to the team when other players on the team start talking about it and not media sources.

NodakPaul
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Third round pick? No way in hell you can give him up for under a first, no matter how big of a headache people seem to think. I will believe he is a headache to the team when other players on the team start talking about it and not media sources.

You'll never get a first, unless it is a very late round first.

He has never had a 1000 yard season, has a history of getting into arguments with his coaches, and bitches when things don't go his way. Despite his talent he isn't a tall speedy WR who can beat defenders on the outside and go up and get the ball. Despite his shiftiness, he isn't a RB who can draw defenses into 1-1 coverage. He is an amazing kick returner, but you can't build a team around a KR.

No team is going to pay a first round pick for that. I think we can get a second, just because he is such a talent. But any GM who would pay higher for him - especially knowing he wants top 3 WR money - is too stupid to be running a football team.

singersp
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM
You'll never get a first, unless it is a very late round first.

That's one of the big misconceptions of people wanting to trade Harvin. They think we'll get at a minimum a first rounder for him. At least 1 or 2 that I saw thought we see a Hershel Walker type trade.

Fans are going to be disappointed. I see us getting a 2nd at best. At the end of the day Harvin is as good as gone and we are left heading into FA with Wright, Burton & Summers as the only WR options.

NodakPaul
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
That's one of the big misconceptions of people wanting to trade Harvin. They think we'll get at a minimum a first rounder for him. At least 1 or 2 that I saw thought we see a Hershel Walker type trade.

Fans are going to be disappointed. I see us getting a 2nd at best. At the end of the day Harvin is as good as gone and we are left heading into FA with Wright, Burton & Summers as the only WR options.

If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year. :)

There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.

Traveling_Vike
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Relationships between football players and management are a lot like those between men and women. The woman/management always think they can "change" the man/player to fit their expectations.

Someone will pony up for Percy because they will believe they can "fix" him. That said, it won't likely be more than a high second to low first. He just doesn't have that pedigree yet. I might expect an offer of a lower second or third plus a player or players. If we could get a third and a decent CB or LB, I would seriously consider this.

Mr Anderson
03-10-2013, 08:00 PM
If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year. :)

There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.

I doubt there's a single GM in the league who cares about whether or not he's had 1,000 yard receiving season. He's an all purpose guy, with obvious playmaking ability.

The only real issues with him are durability and demeanor. His receiving stats are practically meaningless.

Purple Floyd
03-10-2013, 08:09 PM

I would tend to agree with you on that one but then again stranger things have happened. Heck look at the Cowboys:

The Cowboys gave up first- and third-round draft picks to acquire receiver Roy Williams (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5532/roy-williams) from the Detroit Lions (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions) before the 2008 trade deadline. The Cowboys later signed him to a $54 million contract extension.

Williams never fit in with the Cowboys.

He caught just 94 passes for 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns in 40 games in Dallas before spending last season with the Bears.

It was the worst trade in Cowboys history. Only one other can challenge it.

In 2000, the Cowboys traded two first-round picks to Seattle for wide receiver Joey Galloway (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/751/joey-galloway). In his first game for the Cowboys, Galloway tore his ACL during a blowout loss and missed the rest of the season.

He would go on to catch 151 passes for 2,341 yards and 12 touchdowns in 48 games as a Cowboy.

Now, granted Williams had a 1000 yard season and galloway did too but if you add Harvin's rushing and return yardage he is right there with both of them, and they both brought more than just a first rounder and IMHO neither were more talented.

Interestingly in looking at Harvin's stats, in 4 years he has had 3 100 plus yard returns and the one year he didn't he had a 95 yard return. That is impressive.

7000 all purpose yards and 29 touchdowns in 4 seasons is pretty good.

In comparison Galloway had 4500 APR and 41TD and Williams had 3600 APY and 28 TD

jargomcfargo
03-10-2013, 09:07 PM
espn 1500 says the Viking's compensation in a Harvin trade isn't the hold up. Harvin's contract demands are.

Report: Percy Harvin requests trade away from Vikings, again | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Percy_Harvin_requests_trade_away_from_Vikings_again031013)

marstc09
03-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Who gives a shit! Let him hold out and fine his ass every day. He will come crawling back. Teach these punks a lesson.

marstc09
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Then sign Jennings or Wallace to piss him off lol

PackSux!
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
The reason I believe we can get a first rounder at least is because we spent a first round pick on him and he has proved he is worth it. Hell the media hacks were calling him the most dynamic player in the NFL before he got hurt. Not to mention a MVP candidate. You don't just give the most dynamic MVP away for nothing.

Thinking we can't get at least a first rounder is just plain silly.

VikesfaninWis
03-10-2013, 11:37 PM
After reading all this crap all off-season about Harvin, and now that he supposedly told the Vikings that he doesn't want to play here anymore and wants to be traded, and now that he wants Calvin Johnson type of money, this is all I have to say.

Harvin, if you want Calvin Johnson money, then play like Calvin Johnson. Play every single game, play with passion, be a team player, consistently put up over 1000 yard seasons every year, and don't be a diva.

Calvin Johnson is the ultimate pro, and when its all said and done, he will be known as one of the best WR's of all time, if not the best. Harvin will never be mentioned in that conversation. The guy is small, he is always getting banged up, he misses games, and when he is healthy, he is whining like a little girl and getting into heated arguments with a mild mannered head coach.

I for one am sick and tired of Percy Harvin. One hell of a great talent, but to much of a head case. I hope he is off this team next year, and I hope the Vikings get something of good value in return for him. Let the next team deal with his diva attitude and let that team laugh in his face when he says he wants Megatron money. Somewhere Megatron is laughing his ass off with the notion that Percy Harvin thinks he is in his league.

VikesfaninWis
03-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Also, even before this stuff happened, the Vikings absolutely need to get more WR help. Not that scrap heap shit that Spielman usually does either.

IMO, the Vikings need to go hard and get either Wallace or Jennings. Wallace for his age and play making abilities, and Jennings for his abilities and character.

The ONLY reason why the Vikings were a 10 win team last year is because of the remarkable season that our MVP had. You can't go into next season assuming that AD will duplicate that success. If he does, great, if he doesn't, we need other weapons.

This year is the make or break year for Ponder. They need to get him some weapons in the passing game to see what he is really made of. When you are starting guys like Jenkins, Aromoshodu (sp), and Simpson, how bad really are things? My god, none of those guys would be starters on pretty much any other team in the league.

I really believe the Vikings need to get one high profile free agent WR, then draft one, then use Wright to kind of take over the role of what Harvin did.

All I know is Harvin is gone, and I couldn't be happier. This is a team sport, and he is so self centered it's pathetic. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, you piece of crap diva.

singersp
03-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Harvin, if you want Calvin Johnson money, then play like Calvin Johnson. Play every single game, play with passion, be a team player, consistently put up over 1000 yard seasons every year, and don't be a diva.

You can't expect Harvin to have 1,000 yard seasons like CJ when your using him completely different.

Calvin had 53 passes thrown to him that were thrown for more than 10 yards in the air.
Harvin had 12 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 61 passes thrown to him that were thrown between 1-10 yards in the air.
Harvin had 17 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 3 passes thrown to him that were thrown behind the LOS
Harvin had 33 in a half of a season.

More than half of Harvin's catches were behind the LOS. It's his YAC & versatility that makes him elite. I don't think CJ would have nearly as many yards as he got if more than half his passes were thrown behind the LOS.

Harvin played half a season last year while Johnson played a full year, yet Harvin scored just as many TD's as CJ did.

In a system where Harvin is thrown to more, 10+ yards out, rather than behind the LOS, those 1,000 yard seasons will happen. Our 5 yard passing scheme is limiting his production.

Purple Floyd
03-11-2013, 08:28 AM
A big reason for that is Harvin can't do the things Johnson can. He doesn't have the skill set to be a deep threat, a sideline or a corner of the end zone target.

He is best suited to catching the throws he was getting last year and that is why they were throwing them.

singersp
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
A big reason for that is Harvin can't do the things Johnson can. He doesn't have the skill set to be a deep threat, a sideline or a corner of the end zone target.

He is best suited to catching the throws he was getting last year and that is why they were throwing them.

Nope, he's not suited for those types of passes. Ergo he's not Megatron. Although I don't think CJ can do some of the things Harvin can do.

Each has their own unique skill set.

NodakPaul
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM

I really have to learn to stop saying stupid shit...

Ok, what number should I get on my Spielman jersey? I'm wonder if I can do $$ instead of a number. I will probably just do 00.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
You can't expect Harvin to have 1,000 yard seasons like CJ when your using him completely different.

Calvin had 53 passes thrown to him that were thrown for more than 10 yards in the air.
Harvin had 12 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 61 passes thrown to him that were thrown between 1-10 yards in the air.
Harvin had 17 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 3 passes thrown to him that were thrown behind the LOS
Harvin had 33 in a half of a season.

More than half of Harvin's catches were behind the LOS. It's his YAC & versatility that makes him elite. I don't think CJ would have nearly as many yards as he got if more than half his passes were thrown behind the LOS.

Harvin played half a season last year while Johnson played a full year, yet Harvin scored just as many TD's as CJ did.

In a system where Harvin is thrown to more, 10+ yards out, rather than behind the LOS, those 1,000 yard seasons will happen. Our 5 yard passing scheme is limiting his production.

That is because Harvin is not even close to being in Megatron's league. Yes they are 2 completely different players, right down to their height and weight. Pretty self explanatory that Harvin had to touch the ball in many different ways in order to achieve the same TD total that Johnson did.

How many games did Johnson miss? How plays does Johnson take off? How many times have we seen or heard of Johnson getting in his coaches face? Johnson is everything that Harvin is not, and that is why he got rewarded with a huge contract and why Harvin is currently packing his bags.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Ok, what number should I get on my Spielman jersey? I'm wonder if I can do $$ instead of a number. I will probably just do 00.

Get 17 for the 1st and 7th rd picks that he got for the diva.:cool:

Lippythelion69
03-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Harvin knows with Punder at QB
They won't win shit
Anyone think otherwise??

NodakPaul
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Harvin knows with Punder at QB
They won't win shit
Anyone think otherwise??

Yeah, cuz it's not like we went to the playoff last year... oh wait...

I am not a Ponder fan, but that is beside the point. This had less to do with Harvin's opinion of Ponder, and moe to do with Harvin's opinion of Harvin...

Lippythelion69
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Look at the division
Cutler
Stafford
Rodgers
If your numbers are based on who throws the ball to you in NFC north
Hhhmmmmm
Punder ?????
Anyone think Punder is better than them

NodakPaul
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Look at the division
Cutler
Stafford
Rodgers
Hhhmmmmm
Punder ?????

Nope.

You aren't going to get me to defend Ponder. His ship sailed for me last season before the 4 game winning streak.

But I am also not going to try and kid myself into thinking that Harvin would have been happier if we had Cutler or Stafford. Ponder wasn't the problem, Harvin was. He wants top 3 money for putting in average seasons. It just doesn't work that way.

Lippythelion69
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
So I guess vikes are superbowl bound with Punder at QB

Lippythelion69
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Look I agree Harvin ain't worth megatron money
But to have numbers as a wr you need a QB
That's what gets used in contract bullshit
And might be a blessing
Harvin is an injury problem
With migraine stuff
I'm sick of losing good players
Matt Birk should
Have retired a Vike

NodakPaul
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
So I guess vikes are superbowl bound with Punder at QB

You're right! DAMN, we were GUARANTEED a super bowl birth if only we had kept Harvin! <rolls eyes>

Go bitch about Ponder in a different thread, not a Harvin one.

Jereamiah
03-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Would liked to have kept him, but, what does that free up? What, 3 mill extra in cap space? A little more scrilla to spend on a free agent. And another 1st round pick (25th) was good stuff. And if ya look at it, the deep, speedy wr is just not this offenses cup o tea. Fuck it. Im glad he's gone. Makes for an even more exciting draft anf fa period. :)Maybe package a few picks and move up? But for who?? The more I think about it, it could turn out very good for the team. Would still like to see the Vikes pick up Amendola. Solid, dependable. Any thoughts on the guy?

jmcdon00
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Look at the division
Cutler
Stafford
Rodgers
Hhhmmmmm
Punder ?????
When you factor in age, contracts, and weapons, I would take Ponder over Cutler.

Jereamiah
03-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Look at the division
Cutler
Stafford
Rodgers
Hhhmmmmm
Punder ?????

PONDER, is better then all of except RODGUURS! And anyway, I feel the deep threat Wr is not for this current Offensive unit. Tight Ends over the middle and screen passes are whats going to help out Ponder. Harvin obviously felt that he wasn't being utilized correctly. It is what it is. As I said before: Fuck it, rub some dirt on it, move on and get excited about FA and two 1st round picks.

AngloVike
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
You're right! DAMN, we were GUARANTEED a super bowl birth if only we had kept Harvin! <rolls eyes>

Go bitch about Ponder in a different thread, not a Harvin one.

yep some people like to flog that horse every opportunity :) So back to the harvin discussion please

Purple Floyd
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM

LOL

I tried to tell you but.......

MulletMullitia
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
MONEY SIGNS? LOL. He won't even break out the money to pay for our pro bowl FB that had one of the best years a FB has ever had! He told Ellison to prepare to start at FB next year because we don't want to pay Felton. He lowballs everyone. Except back-up injury prone tight ends. They get top dollar.

Lippythelion69
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Harvin
How long you think someone his size is gonna last
He is trying to make every penny he can
It's all about the money
My eyes no heart but .....
He has talent
And wants $$$

MulletMullitia
03-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Harvin