PDA

View Full Version : Lots of good WRs in the draft

singersp
02-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Minnesota Vikings need a receiver in draft, and there are lots of good ones

Minnesota Vikings need a receiver in draft, and there are lots of good ones - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22629612/minnesota-vikings-need-receiver-draft-and-there-are)

singersp
02-21-2013, 06:53 AM
3 WRs To Watch At The Combine

Vikings Blog | 3 Offensive Players To Watch At The Combine (http://blog.vikings.com/2013/02/20/3-offensive-players-to-watch-at-the-combine/)

Purple Floyd
02-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Ah, can they catch a five yard pass?

NodakPaul
02-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Ah, can they catch a five yard pass?

lol. Come on... 7 yards. ;)

IMHO we need a WR who can go up and take the ball away from defenders. Ponder can throw the ball 30 yards with decent (but not great) accuracy, but it will get there so slowly that the safeties and corners will have plenty of time to react and get into position. We need a WR who can go up in traffic and either pull the ball down or knock it away. Speed is important, but not as much as height and hands.

Purple Floyd
02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
We had one. Sent him packing in exchange for Napoleon Harris and a guy with alligator arms.

jargomcfargo
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
We had one. Sent him packing in exchange for Napoleon Harris and a guy with alligator arms.
That is what Caine has said all along, and I agree. The problem starts at the top.

singersp
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM

As bad as that sounds, Williamson had more receiving yards & more TD's in his rookie year here than veteran's Simpson & Carlson had combined for us last year .

marshallvike
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
As bad as that sounds, Williamson had more receiving yards & more TD's in his rookie year here than veteran's Simpson & Carlson had combined for us last year .

That is one depressing statement. Williamson was better than what we have now. WOW!

singersp
02-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Drafting a quality receiver is top priority

Minnesota Vikings: Drafting a quality receiver is top priority - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22650008/minnesota-vikings-drafting-quality-receiver-is-top-priority)

marshallvike
02-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Drafting a quality receiver is top priority

Minnesota Vikings: Drafting a quality receiver is top priority - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22650008/minnesota-vikings-drafting-quality-receiver-is-top-priority)

Austin called himself the best all-around player in the draft on Friday, comparing himself to Harvin and saying he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.29 seconds before the combine

I already don't want Austin. Let your play talk for you kid.

Purple Floyd
02-24-2013, 08:09 AM
He is a smaller version of Harvin. Why would we want to draft a WR who is only 5'8 if we Need a guy who can go up and catch the ball? Or are we going with Webb and bringing back McNabb where a guy who is closer to the dirt is actually a good thing.

Purple Floyd
02-24-2013, 09:18 AM
I already don't want Austin. Let your play talk for you kid.
He just ran a 4.25 40:punch:

tastywaves
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Lot of fast WR's in this draft.

TheAnimal93
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I would like to find a gem on the defensive side of the ball with the first pick since the WR pool is so deep this year. May pay off better in the long run.

kevoncox
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I would like to find a gem on the defensive side of the ball with the first pick since the WR pool is so deep this year. May pay off better in the long run.

Agreed. Reid and or Patterson the DT

mountainviking
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
He is a smaller version of Harvin. Why would we want to draft a WR who is only 5'8 if we Need a guy who can go up and catch the ball? Or are we going with Webb and bringing back McNabb where a guy who is closer to the dirt is actually a good thing.

LOL! You guys so funny!!! But I agree with Marshallvike, kid sounds a bit like a Percy/DeSean Jackson, Napolean Syndrome type of headache...and at only 175 lbs, very likely even more injury prone besides. But, a hell of a talent when he is on the field.

This might be a great year to move back a bit, perhaps to the top of the 2nd with a team who thinks somebody else is going to snag the QB they want but didn't pick earlier and stock pile some extra 2nd and 3rd round picks, cuz our positions of need are mostly deep in this class.

For example, ARI could be worried about who KC and JAX are looking for at the top of the 2nd, their 2nd and 3rd together are worth very close to our 1st. They could get a badass OT with their 7 overall pick and still have pick of the litter at QB at 23. We would then have the 6th pick of the 2nd and 7th pick of the 3rd to go with our own, giving us 2 picks, 1 early and 1 mid-late in the 2nd, 3rd, And 4th rounds. That would give us a chance to pick, say, a DT, LB, DB, 2 WRs, and some QB or OL depth, and all by the 117th pick!?

singersp
02-26-2013, 07:30 AM

The WR pool might be deep, but I'd prefer to have one of the top picks out of that pool rather than a pick from what's left over at pick 52.