PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed

Purple Floyd
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Said he is playing next year and it doesn't look like it will be with the Ravens.

Can you imagine how much better our secondary would look with him on one side and and Smith on the other coupled with Cook and whoever else we end up with?

That is one aging vet I would love to have the team go after just because of what he could bring to the defense.

HEY
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Not to mention how much Harrison Smith can benefit from being around the ballhawk himself :O I wish he played for us next season. Ed Reed is amazing!

Chanse503
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
He'll be a joining Bellick and Brady I imagine.
However, I would absolutely love to see him join us. Guy is a first ballot HOFer.

midgensa
02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I would love Ed Reed and think he could absolutely make a huge impact here as we try to improve just enough to take on the Packers at the top of the division.

My guess though ... is while we seem to be going in the right direction ... Reed will not look at us as serious contenders. And if he is not a Ravens safety for some reason he will likely head to one of the serious contenders. It scares me to think of him landing somewhere like Green Bay.

Minniman
02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
And if he is not a Ravens safety for some reason he will likely head to one of the serious contenders. It scares me to think of him landing somewhere like Green Bay.
I was thinking the same thing. Green Bay will likely target him.

drakkar
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Matt Elam would look nice next to Harrison too

i_bleed_purple
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Dashon Goldson

singersp
02-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Reed already has 11 years under his belt & is getting older. He might have a few good years left in him, but as we have seen in the past, our coaches would take a good ball hawking player like that & "handcuff" him by forcing him to play their style of defense.

Jarlvik
02-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I hope he lands with anyone outside of the NFC North if not us. He probably has 2-3 good years left.

NodakPaul
02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Personally I think he will stay with the Ravens. But if he doesn't, don't expect him to be in our shade of purple next season.

I know I am going to sound like a broken record as more and more FAs are brought up, but he simply doesn't fit the mold of what our FO is looking for. Young player, probably off from their rookie contract, with upside but not necessarily proven yet. That is who we will be going after. We will get our Feltons at the cost of one or two Simpsons or Carlsons (or Jeffersons)...

It is a build for the future mentality that will likely frustrate many because we are going to see more busts than scores. But I think in the end it will be more successful than chasing free agents with 1-3 years left in them.

NodakPaul
02-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Hell yeah he would. Best safety in the draft this year.

He is projected to go late 1st/early 2nd, so he will be right in our target, but I don't think we will take him with our first rounder. Maybe if we traded up in the second...

Marrdro
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Rude awaking for alot of you in that we won't address the S position via FA or even in the draft. Like it or not, Jamarca did alot better than most of you think.

Our coaching staff will burn both FA dollars on guys on our team like Percy and will burn draft picks at WR, DT, LB and possibly G.

Might be a few wild cards that slip in there but S is not going to be one of them.