PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Vikings fans

singersp
01-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Sorry, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings fans

Sorry, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings fans - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120864/article/sorry-washington-redskins-minnesota-vikings-fans)

MaxVike
01-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, he ain't the only one who was wrong about these two teams. I'm still kind of in shock about our Vikes!

Vikefanman2000
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
After going 3-13 last season, I felt that an 8-8 season would be incredible! Regardless of how far the Vikes go in the post season, I will forever remember watching every run made by AP this season. He may have come up 9 yards short of the all time record, but given the fact that he did it on a recently repaired knee, makes this the best season ever by a running back!

I live in California and hear 49er fans yapping constantly.....but thanks to an early season win by the Vikes, they cant say much to me. It has been a fun ride! How I would love a four game road winning streak starting this Saturday!! SKOL!

i_bleed_purple
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
My pre-preseason predictions was us going anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8, but not much better.

After watching Walsh struggle in the preseason, I figured there was no chance for playoffs.

Now, sitting with a wildcard berth, and a couple losses we should have won to get the division makes this a crazy year.

Just think. a 40 year old kicker hit the second longest field goal of his career to beat us in Week 2.
We had a complete breakdown and let a rookie RB run all over us at home
Peterson broke a long run to get us inside the 5 yard line, and Ponder throws a pick on the road
We let a rookie QB run the ball in from 70+ yards out to seal a victory

One of those games would mean we win the division.

Caine
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Hells bells, I predicted a 3 win season THIS year....I was WAY wrong.

And I'm willing to be wrong all the way to the Superbowl and beyond.

Looking at the Play-off lineup, there isn't a team there that we can't beat. And by "we" I mean "Adrian Peterson".

Caine

Dibbzz
01-03-2013, 05:57 AM
I predicted we'd be 7-9, and looking back I was being generous at the time. What the Vikings have done this year is incredible. I have never been so proud to be a fan. Seriously. Like I've been saying Ponder simply needs time and he's getting better. Now that it seems like we finally have a decent passing game to compliment Adrian Peterson and our running game I think we could make a deep playoff run! Even so this provides a good building block for next year and beyond. Glad this franchise is taking a step in the right direction!

tarkenton10
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
I predicted we'd be 7-9, and looking back I was being generous at the time. What the Vikings have done this year is incredible. I have never been so proud to be a fan. Seriously. Like I've been saying Ponder simply needs time and he's getting better. Now that it seems like we finally have a decent passing game to compliment Adrian Peterson and our running game I think we could make a deep playoff run! Even so this provides a good building block for next year and beyond. Glad this franchise is taking a step in the right direction!

I was definitely wrong on myprediction of 6-10. I still thought we would be 7-9 after we were 6-6. So I am amazed by what they have done. Having said that I think our season ends Saturday. We beat the pack without Jordie Nelson and Cobb. We beat them at home on turf by three in the closing moments of the game. I think it is a very tough task to ask this team to go into Lambutt field and beat the Pack for the second week in a row.

I am very optimistic for next season though. I would love to get Warmack out of Alabama, could you imagine our O-line. AP would get the record next year. This guy is a beast and dominates every player they put in front of him. Watch him in the MNCG and see how great of a guard he truly is. I hope we replace Loadholdt also, he is a waste of space on the right side. I am not too concerned about his replacement's pass blocking abilities as long as he is a beast in the run game. Ground and pound baby.

Marrdro
01-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I've emailed several writers of articles that predicted us to be the worst team in the NFL. Guess how many replies I've received. LOL.

tarkenton10
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
I've emailed several writers of articles that predicted us to be the worst team in the NFL. Guess how many replies I've received. LOL.

Holiday greetings my friend. I thought we were a bottom feeder but I never thought we were the worst. I thought of Indy, St. Louis, KC, Oakland, Miami, Tennesee & Jacksonville were worse than us going into this year. So I would have thought were in the bottom third but not the worst.

Marrdro
01-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Holiday greetings my friend. I thought we were a bottom feeder but I never thought we were the worst. I thought of Indy, St. Louis, KC, Oakland, Miami, Tennesee & Jacksonville were worse than us going into this year. So I would have thought were in the bottom third but not the worst.

You know me, ever the optimist. I thought 9-7 or 10-6 was realistic. Add a couple of real WR's and a DT this year during the offseason with depth at OG, ILB/OLB and DB and we should have a pretty good team for many years to come.

Of course to do that, some of the fan favorites who aren't producing need to go. Thats gonna be the hard part.

tarkenton10
01-03-2013, 09:14 AM
You know me, ever the optimist. I thought 9-7 or 10-6 was realistic. Add a couple of real WR's and a DT this year during the offseason with depth at OG, ILB/OLB and DB and we should have a pretty good team for many years to come.

Of course to do that, some of the fan favorites who aren't producing need to go. Thats gonna be the hard part.

If you look at my post about Warmack I would love to get him. He is a beast and would make our O-line scarey. I don't think we are in on the real 0/1 tech, Star Lotulelei will be long gone before we pick. Real needs for the team that could really make us good are in order of importance, not how I would draft. 1. 0/1 tech 2. true #1 WR 3. S ( We have Smith but we need another, our other ones are horrible) 4. RT (Loadbutt Needs to go) 5. MLB (we need a three dwon back in a tampa two, Brinkley is a liability on third downs). Obviously I would take the best player no matter what position if I were drafting.

Marrdro
01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
If you look at my post about Warmack I would love to get him. He is a beast and would make our O-line scarey. I don't think we are in on the real 0/1 tech, Star Lotulelei will be long gone before we pick. Real needs for the team that could really make us good are in order of importance, not how I would draft. 1. 0/1 tech 2. true #1 WR 3. S ( We have Smith but we need another, our other ones are horrible) 4. RT (Loadbutt Needs to go) 5. MLB (we need a three dwon back in a tampa two, Brinkley is a liability on third downs). Obviously I would take the best player no matter what position if I were drafting.

Haven't seen that one yet, but I know of Warmack and agree. As to the Warpig, there are going to be a couple that work their way up from early second to late first.

Question will be, do they think there is a WR worth taking late in the first and pass on the DT or do they go DT late and WR in the second. Lots of talent at the Z that goes into the 4th.

tarkenton10
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Haven't seen that one yet, but I know of Warmack and agree. As to the Warpig, there are going to be a couple that work their way up from early second to late first.

Question will be, do they think there is a WR worth taking late in the first and pass on the DT or do they go DT late and WR in the second. Lots of talent at the Z that goes into the 4th.

I am not truly excited about any of the #1 wrs in this draft, at least not in the first round. I would prefer where we are with either Warmack or best available player, way too early to know where everyone will fall.

C Mac D
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Sign Dwayne Bowe.

Marrdro
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I am not truly excited about any of the #1 wrs in this draft, at least not in the first round. I would prefer where we are with either Warmack or best available player, way too early to know where everyone will fall.
Depends on what you want them for. X-Not much to waste a first round on. Y-Same, especially considering that we have Percy and Wright. Z, well thats another thing. Nothing to right home about with speed, but thats not what your really value here.

Ball skills, precise routes etc coupled with a big body and long arms they know how to use. I can see 5 that will go in the first 2 rounds, maybe more.

Marrdro
01-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Sign Dwayne Bowe.
I wouldn't mind, but did you see my WR thread in the "Offseason" forum. Might be some better options available if teams are looking to add picks.

Purple Floyd
01-03-2013, 09:03 PM
It has been a nice run but we will get totally destroyed this weekend in GB. Formulate opinions after that please.

JPPT1974
01-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Vikings have really surprised a lot of people this year. Good luck in GB on Saturday!

TheAnimal93
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
It has been a nice run but we will get totally destroyed this weekend in GB. Formulate opinions after that please.

Are you anticipating the worst to happen?

Purple Floyd
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Yes. It is what we do in games like this.

tarkenton10
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Depends on what you want them for. X-Not much to waste a first round on. Y-Same, especially considering that we have Percy and Wright. Z, well thats another thing. Nothing to right home about with speed, but thats not what your really value here.

Ball skills, precise routes etc coupled with a big body and long arms they know how to use. I can see 5 that will go in the first 2 rounds, maybe more.

I am sorry I was not clear, I meant with our first round pick. WE are desparate for wrs so after the first round I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen or maybe Justin Hunter. I am pretty sure Hunter will be gone by the time we pick in the second round though.
A player I forgot that I wouldn't mind us taking in the second round is Robert Woods out of USC.