PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez anyone?

Jarlvik
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Did well in his first 2 years and will likely be gone after this season. A better option than $mith, IMHO.

ConnecticutViking
12-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Not sure about Sanchez, I don't like QB's who don't have mental toughness. By all accounts, Sanchez has all the tools, except for the mental aspect. I would go after Matt Flynn in Seattle. I think the kid can play, he won't kill your cap and it would make for a real QB competition for Ponder.

C Mac D
12-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Is this thread a joke?

jargomcfargo
12-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Did well in his first 2 years and will likely be gone after this season. A better option than $mith, IMHO.
Was that when he was Mark Sanchize?
He's another one of those QB's the coaches kept around too long because they hoped he could become good enough to be a game manager. We already have one of those type QB's.
Things are bad enough with Ponder.
Just say no to Sanchize.

Chazz
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Is this thread a joke?

As far as I can tell.

tastywaves
12-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Sanchez is a broken QB, he's going backwards fast and I don't see him ever getting out of it.

Someone will pick him up for a backup, but only if he is released and they aren't saddled with his ridiculous contract.

If you decide you have to go the vet route and your choices are Vick, Sanchez, Smith and Flynn. I would go with Smith or maybe Flynn. But Flynn would have to come on a lower contract and put in a position to win the starting job. Probably an upgrade over Webb and MBT, but he is a big unknown at this point. Smith you know what you've got. Nothing exciting, but at least he's coming off a string of solid play, used to our style of play and should have a decent amount of confidence.

I heard Rivers being thrown out in another thread as a possible trade option. This one is more intriguing and would be the best of the cast IMO. The last guy that San Diego traded ended up being pretty good.

singersp
12-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Sanchez is reported to have a poor work ethic by some teammates, which is probably why his game isn't improving.

Mark Sanchez Reportedly “Ripped” by Teammates Over Work Ethic
Read more at Mark Sanchez Reportedly “Ripped” by Teammates Over Work Ethic (http://www.inquisitr.com/180274/mark-sanchez-ripped-by-teammates-peyton-manning/#qxqHMq0zAflyoR3r.99)

No thanks!

i_bleed_purple
12-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Did well in his first 2 years

No, he really didn't.

Reignman
12-22-2012, 03:05 PM
If we want a guy like Sanchez we just need to tell Ponder to turn the ball over more.

Ponder 63.1 pct, 2527 yards, 14 TD, 12 INT, 78.6 rating, 2 fumbles lost
Sanchez 54.8 pct, 2678 yards, 13 TD, 17 INT, 67.9 rating, 7 fumbles lost

MaxVike
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Ah, no. He's a wuss, not a Viking.

PurplePowerPunch
12-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll take Vick before I take Sanchez. No way!

thorshammer
12-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Nope. Don't want Sanchez. There's something just not right about him. He doesn't seem to put in the effort to take his natural talent to the pro level. Waste.

Purple Floyd
12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
No

Lippythelion69
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
F No

marshallvike
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
NO

Marrdro
12-26-2012, 12:59 PM
What do you consider great if you think that he did well?

2,400 yds 12 TD's 20 INT's/63 rating
3,200 yds 17 TD's 13 INT's/75 rating

Compare Sanchez's WR's with what Ponder has to work with and I'll take Ponder any day.
2,700 yds, 13 TD's 13 INT's/78 rating

In the end, Sanchez has not progressed. He has remained the same. The only reason some people think he did well his first two seasons is because they just see the win loss records when in fact the defense carried that team (well the running game helped) those first two season.

Now he doesn't have WR's and the defense sucks and the real Sanchize has showed up.

Mr Anderson
12-26-2012, 01:18 PM
The team around Sanchez has regressed more than he has. In 2009 and 2010 he had a strong running game with versatile backs, solid players at wide receiver and a defense that gave them great field position through quick stops and turnovers. Now look at that team on offense. Position-by-position, they're probably the worst in the league.

Last week they swapped him out for McElroy and what happened? McElroy got sacked 11 times, went 14 for 24, 185 yards and a pick. McElroy's no elite QB, but I'm not sure even someone who is could succeed on the Jets.

They make the Vikings' receivers look like a strong group. Their offensive line gave up 11 sacks to a team which had 27 all season going into the game. Their running backs are just bad.

Put Brees, Brady or Peyton Manning on that team and I can't say with any degree of certainty they'd do much more than Sanchez has.

That being said, I wouldn't want Sanchez as any more than a backup. Maybe he could go to a team like San Francisco, with a plethora of targets and one of the best offensive lines in the league he could be successful, but I wouldn't trust him as a starter here.

Marrdro
12-26-2012, 01:56 PM
The team around Sanchez has regressed more than he has. In 2009 and 2010 he had a strong running game, a defense that gave them great field position through turnovers and versatile running backs. Now look at that team. Position-by-position, they're probably the worst in the league.

Last week they swapped him out for McElroy and what happened? McElroy got sacked 11 times, went 14 for 24, 185 yards and a pick. McElroy's no elite QB, but I'm not sure even someone who is could succeed on the Jets.

They make the Vikings' receivers look like a strong group. Their offensive line gave up 11 sacks to a team which had 27 all season going into the game. Their running backs are just bad.

Put Brees, Brady or Peyton Manning on that team and I can't say with any degree of certainty they'd do much more than Sanchez has.

That being said, I wouldn't want Sanchez as any more than a backup. Maybe he could go to a team like San Francisco, with a plethora of targets and one of the best offensive lines in the league he could be successful, but I wouldn't trust him as a starter here.

Good points as always my old friend.

Ranger
12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Ponder is a much better quarterback than Sanchez. What does that tell you?

midgensa
12-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Sanchez is at best a backup for the rest of his career. That is a done deal. There is no way I would take him over Ponder right now.

Now ... if we are talking Tebow ...

Mr Anderson
12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Sanchez is at best a backup for the rest of his career. That is a done deal. There is no way I would take him over Ponder right now.

We're not talking Tebow.

Marrdro
12-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Poor Tebow. Poor Jags fans. They don't know whats gonna hit them.

Marrdro
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Ponder is a much better quarterback than Sanchez. What does that tell you?

:)

purplehelmut
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Sanchez = latest version of Leinart = backup for life

Jarlvik
12-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Thank you! I'm just saying it could be worse if we're all talking about Smith, Young (God NO!), or Vick (another Philly reject). Tebow- HELL No!
None are currently (IMHO) going to be significantly better. Let's see what Sunday shows us. Now let's talk WR's...