PDA

View Full Version : Ponder & Steele are engaged

singersp
12-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Vikings’ Christian Ponder, ESPN’s Samantha Steele are engaged

Vikings (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-christian-ponder-espn-samantha-steele-engaged-181102428--nfl.html)

singersp
12-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I guess that's one way he can guarantee he'll throw a reception.

I hope for Ponder's sake she has job security.

kevoncox
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Great...get ready for a QB controversy when her bouquet is thrown and caught for a gain of 10.

EricTheViking
12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
[QUOTE=singersp;1132528]I guess that's one way he can guarantee he'll throw a reception.

I hope for Ponder's sake she has job security.[/Q

I just had to say that made me laugh. Too true!

Tad7
12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
and now they're married

Ponder and Steele were married on Monday, according to the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram.

It’s the latest step in a whirlwind romance that began during the 2012 football season, with both Ponder and Steele spending plenty of time working but apparently enough time to decide that they each had found “the one.”

Source: Christian Ponder gets married | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/christian-ponder-gets-married/)

MaxVike
12-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Great...get ready for a QB controversy when her bouquet is thrown and caught for a gain of 10.

LOL, any word if that happened?:rofl:

bleedpurple
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
and now they're married

Ponder and Steele were married on Monday, according to the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram.

It’s the latest step in a whirlwind romance that began during the 2012 football season, with both Ponder and Steele spending plenty of time working but apparently enough time to decide that they each had found “the one.”

Source: Christian Ponder gets married | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/christian-ponder-gets-married/)

How are you giong to get married during the season when your team is pushing for the playoffs and your the starting QB and playing like shit... that's just irresponsible... No wonder he's playing like shit, he's not focused on football...

DUMP HIM NOW!!!...

bleedpurple
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
LOL, any word if that happened?:rofl:

It was the only wedding in history without a reception.... LMAO!!! hahahaha

purplehelmut
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
That stuff can do crazy things to a man's mind. He is obviously not focused on football if he's getting married during a playoff run. If it's true, it is very unsettling. Hopefully it will inspire him to greatness.....

bleedpurple
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
That stuff can do crazy things to a man's mind. He is obviously not focused on football if he's getting married during a playoff run. If it's true, it is very unsettling. Hopefully it will inspire him to greatness.....

We need to dump this dude NOW... What does this say to the rest of the lockeroom that he would make a decision to get married during the season, let alone a playoff run... Very disturbing.

he's clearly not focused on football. and for your so-called franchise QB to do this during the season is unacceptable in my opinion. During the bye week would have been better but not by much... the dude couldnt' wait 2 more months for the season to be over to do this????

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

tastywaves
12-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Did he knock her up?

tastywaves
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Christian Ponder confirms marriage (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8762517/christian-ponder-minnesota-vikings-confirms-marriage-samantha-steele-espn-reporter)

He says they wanted to get married before the holidays "and for some other personal reasons" and that it will not distract him from the game against Houston on Sunday. Ponder calls it the biggest game of his career, with the Vikings chasing down a playoff berth.

Coach Leslie Frazier says he's happy for Ponder and not at all concerned about the timing.

Guess he stayed in the pocket a little too long.

Does Frazier ever get concerned about anything?

Reignman
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
2 things come to mind ... 1) he wanted to be able to say he was a starting QB in the NFL when he got married (so time was running out) and 2) he wanted to lose his virginity before the world ends on Friday.

Who knows, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe he'll finally throw like a man instead of a high school kid. And it won't be easy to tell if it was a distraction because he barely throws for 100 yards in most games anyway.

Ranger
12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
You guys realize that players have lives outside of the game, right?

PackSux!
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM

Yes that is why the dildo should of done this during the offseason. Ponder needs to worry about being a franchise quarterback during the season.

My opinion is that he doesn't really care about football that much, and he surely ain't proving me wrong by doing what he is doing.

Ranger
12-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes that is why the dildo should of done this during the offseason. Ponder needs to worry about being a franchise quarterback during the season.

My opinion is that he doesn't really care about football that much, and he surely ain't proving me wrong by doing what he is doing.

That's ridiculous and an unreal expectation. I was engaged and married while preparing to fight a pair of wars, but I still managed to do just fine in the "big show."

Players work, and put in their work, or they leave the league. I've yet to read anything about Ponder blowing off practice or not keeping his head in the books. Everything has just be speculation because he's marrying a fairly high profile person...it's celebrity gossip and and it's silly.

At the end of the day, players are still people. They still love their families and want to spend time them, and asking them not to is ridiculous.

marstc09
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM

We need to dump this dude NOW... What does this say to the rest of the lockeroom that he would make a decision to get married during the season, let alone a playoff run... Very disturbing.

he's clearly not focused on football. and for your so-called franchise QB to do this during the season is unacceptable in my opinion. During the bye week would have been better but not by much... the dude couldnt' wait 2 more months for the season to be over to do this????

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I agree. This shit can wait. I thought this dude was smart but getting married during a crucial time is just fucking stupid. He should be spending extra time with his WRs. Fuck this guy.

marstc09
12-19-2012, 09:06 PM

That's ridiculous and an unreal expectation. I was engaged and married while preparing to fight a pair of wars, but I still managed to do just fine in the "big show."

Players work, and put in their work, or they leave the league. I've yet to read anything about Ponder blowing off practice or not keeping his head in the books. Everything has just be speculation because he's marrying a fairly high profile person...it's celebrity gossip and and it's silly.

At the end of the day, players are still people. They still love their families and want to spend time them, and asking them not to is ridiculous.

Have you read anything about him keeping his head in the books? I haven't. Wasn't it Favre who spent extra time with WRs? Things have regressed for him. We have every right to question him. We paid for that wedding right?

Purple Floyd
12-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Guess he stayed in the pocket a little too long.

Post of the year.

Maybe they wanted to get married before the end of the Mayan calendar.

kingpin9995
12-20-2012, 08:48 AM

Are you really Krissy Kluwe ? Does that puzzie Klueless have to chime in on every event that takes place on the planet? He said this about Ponder's marriage

Agreed, said punter Chris Kluwe, whose personal life regularly veers away from football-related topics.

"We have lives away from the football field," Kluwe said, "and I think I've been kind of the example of that. Football is what we do for our job, but that doesn't define us as human beings. We fall in love, get married, have kids, same as everyone else."

Kluwe said Ponder has put in the work all season to perform his best, and that won't change.

This fukstick must really think we care about what a skinny little punter for the Vikings thinks about anything. He's nothing but a self promoting bum looking for a job after football. Maybe Ann Landers... STFU Kluwe.

purplehelmut
12-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Did he knock her up?

That would imply a reception under pressure, which is doubtful.

singersp
12-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Post of the year.

Maybe they wanted to get married before the end of the Mayan calendar.

I'm guessing he felt his chances of her marrying him are better if he had a job.

Frazier's a product of the Childress regime & we all know that Christmas Eve can be fatal to Vikings players careers.

singersp
12-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Did he knock her up?

He just did a little dump off & let the sperm do the rest.

jmcdon00
12-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Congrats to Ponder.
I don't like the timing but assuming he is putting in the appropriate amount of work I have no major gripe. And even if he's not, that's the problem, not the marriage.
She could be pregnant, seems like the most common reason people get married in a hurry.
Could also be financial considerations too. For tax reasons it could be beneficial, if your married on the last day of the year you are considered married for the entire tax year.

singersp
12-20-2012, 09:39 AM

It was probably his only chance to get a ring while he was still a starting QB.

bleedpurple
12-20-2012, 11:19 AM
He just did a little dump off & let the sperm do the rest.

lol

bleedpurple
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
it was probably his only chance to get a ring while he was still a starting qb.

lol

PackSux!
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM

Thank you for you services sir.

I am positive you did not make millions fighting a war right? Pudder is making millions and he does not have his head in the game, nobody would of cared if he would of waited till the offseason to do this. What is next? Is he going to take his honeymoon during week 17? I wouldn't be suprised one bit.

If Pudder wasn't playing so badly then this would not be an issue but the fact that he is stinking up the place makes it an issue. Instead of chasing tail he should be putting in more work with the recievers and the playbook.

NodakPaul
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Thank you for you services sir.

I am positive you did not make millions fighting a war right? Pudder is making millions and he does not have his head in the game, nobody would of cared if he would of waited till the offseason to do this. What is next? Is he going to take his honeymoon during week 17? I wouldn't be suprised one bit.

If Pudder wasn't playing so badly then this would not be an issue but the fact that he is stinking up the place makes it an issue. Instead of chasing tail he should be putting in more work with the recievers and the playbook.

I see no evidence that Ponder's wedding had any negative effect on his play. In fact, most of the time a stable, long term relationship has positive effects on performance, not negative. He isn't chasing tail, he got married.

This is a non issue. Ponder IS playing poorly, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with his marriage.

Purple Floyd
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I see no evidence that Ponder's wedding had any negative effect on his play.

No negative impact? How could it have gotten worse?

MaxVike
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
oh, for the love of God above...we are going there now? Marriage, in season, is contributing to Ponder's shitty performance? You should be embarrassed with this hypothesis...seriously :irked:

jargomcfargo
12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
oh, for the love of God above...we are going there now? Marriage, in season, is contributing to Ponder's shitty performance? You should be embarrassed with this hypothesis...seriously :irked:
I care about what he does on the field on Sunday. I don't want to know about the rest.

Dibbzz
12-21-2012, 03:15 AM
It was probably his only chance to get a ring while he was still a starting QB.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This made my day.

singersp
12-21-2012, 04:11 AM
I see no evidence that Ponder's wedding had any negative effect on his play.

Of course not. He got married last Monday & has yet to play a game since.

Jarlvik
12-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Plus, "you know what" ruins your legs. That's all he got...

vikinggreg
12-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Of course not. He got married last Monday & has yet to play a game since.

He got married on Monday on his day off isn't that suppose to be the day a player gets a dui or arrest for some other no brainer and here this guy is getting married.....selfish diva

next thing you know he'll have a kid during the season or something other family distraction

kingpin9995
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
He got married on Monday on his day off isn't that suppose to be the day a player gets a dui or arrest for some other no brainer and here this guy is getting married.....selfish diva

next thing you know he'll have a kid during the season or something other family distraction

I just want to know if The Honorable Kris Cluwe married them? He's such a worldy man I'm sure he probably did. He's such a cool guy that everyone wants a part of. I'd go as far as saying he's the most "INTERSTING MAN IN THE WORLD" STAY THIRTY MY FRIENDS.

NodakPaul
12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I just want to know if The Honorable Kris Cluwe married them? He's such a worldy man I'm sure he probably did. He's such a cool guy that everyone wants a part of. I'd go as far as saying he's the most "INTERSTING MAN IN THE WORLD" STAY THIRTY MY FRIENDS.

Give it a rest.

C Mac D
12-21-2012, 02:22 PM
STAY THIRTY MY FRIENDS.

Damn... I just turned 31.

i_bleed_purple
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Did he knock her up?

Anchor baby...

i_bleed_purple
12-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Damn... I just turned 31.

christ you're old

Reignman
12-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I just want to know if The Honorable Kris Cluwe married them? He's such a worldy man I'm sure he probably did. He's such a cool guy that everyone wants a part of. I'd go as far as saying he's the most "INTERSTING MAN IN THE WORLD" STAY THIRTY MY FRIENDS.We get it, you hate Kluwe. You take the time to rag on him in every topic even when the topic has nothing to do with him. I propose you change your sig to "I hate Kluwe" or have the mods change your name to Anti-Kluwe and then we'll all know where you stand and we can all get back to complaining about things worth complaining about.

singersp
12-23-2012, 09:21 AM
.......have the mods change your name to Anti-Kluwe

I don't think there are many, if any active mods left. I haven't seen evidence of them or a single thread locked since Ultra disappeared to parts unknown.

PP.O certainly isn't being "watched over" like it once was.

Purple Floyd
12-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Maybe it helped.

marshallvike
12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Where does this mamaluke get the stones big enough to get married during the season without our permission. I hear he didn't even show respect to the man paying his salary, marstco, by inviting him to the wedding. He is going to have to learn that we decide what is important in his life, not him. Getting married on his off day just shows he has no dedication to us.

sarcasm off.

Reignman
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't think there are many, if any active mods left. I haven't seen evidence of them or a single thread locked since Ultra disappeared to parts unknown.

PP.O certainly isn't being "watched over" like it once was.Webby was pretty active the first few weeks, posting all kinds of stats before each game, then he suddenly disappeared too lol.

Maybe they've secretly started a new message board somewhere for all the "Positive Pammy's" who couldn't handle all the "Negative Nancy's" over here haha. You know, those "positive" guys who only show up to ironically complain about other fans. They're a sensitive group.

NDVikingFan66
12-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I have been on. Not much really to "moderate" over though. In my opinion things have been pretty good.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Reignman
12-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I have been on. Not much really to "moderate" over though. In my opinion things have been pretty good.

Correct me if I am wrong.I haven't seen much trouble lately, things have been pretty tame. Although we need someone to change kingpin9995 name to "I Hate Kluwe" (or something similar) so he doesn't have to mention it in every post anymore xD.

singersp
12-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Webby was pretty active the first few weeks, posting all kinds of stats before each game, then he suddenly disappeared too lol.

Maybe they've secretly started a new message board somewhere for all the "Positive Pammy's" who couldn't handle all the "Negative Nancy's" over here haha. You know, those "positive" guys who only show up to ironically complain about other fans. They're a sensitive group.

Yeah, I was one of the ones labeled as being a "Negative Nancy" for being critical of Ponder's short passing game until the majority started to see more & more what I was talking about as the weeks progressed. Wins do tend to disguise things. Losses make them more visible.

Ranger
12-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I was one of the ones labeled as being a "Negative Nancy" for being critical of Ponder's short passing game until the majority started to see more & more what I was talking about as the weeks progressed. Wins do tend to disguise things. Losses make them more visible.

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. You strike me as the kind of guy who farts in a paper bag and then huffs it.

Anyway, this anti-Kluwe guy doth protest too much, methinks. I'll hazard a guess that he is one of those guys who thinks you can catch the gay like a cold or something.

Lastly, marshalvike nailed it. haha

singersp
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. You strike me as the kind of guy who farts in a paper bag and then huffs it.

FUCK YOU!

You don't know me at all!

I'm not patting myself on the back, I'm merely responded to a post pointing out I was one of the ones previously labeled a Negative Nancy. I haven't changed my stance on Ponder but others now have.

I state my views the way I see it, whether they happen to be in the majority or the minority & have taken a brunt of shit when I was wrong.

Dozens of people here have tooted their horns & played the "I told you so game" while you said nothing, but first now you decided to speak out with some personal attack?

If I'm not mistaken, you were one of the ones calling me a Negative Nancy before.

kevoncox
12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Fellas,
Lets keep it social.

RK.
12-24-2012, 09:48 AM

PP.O certainly isn't being "watched over" like it once was.

I actually log on every day and watch over the forums. I do post warnings if I think something is getting out of hand. I am not a fan of just banning people unless they simply turn into assholes. I assume we are all adults here and are capable of having differing points of view and not always agreeing and yet knowing when to let it go and move on to other threads. I have no problem banning people if need be. Mostly it is spammers and the occasional asshat from other teams. I do try to cut some slack for Vikings fans on the board. I try to strike a balance between a run away insult board and a milk toast board. I try to think of this as a sports bar with a bouncer. Stay away from vulgar name calling and personal attacks towards other members and we will be just fine.

RK.
12-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh and Singer and Ranger lets keep it civil and try to remember that the Vikings are winning beyond all expectations. Lets put smiles on our faces ehhhh?