PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Routt clears waivers

Vikefanman2000
11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Are the Vikes so loaded with cornerbacks that this guy isnt worth bringing in? He is young and has been a starter....so there is at least some upside to this guy. Is anyone in Minny hearing any rumors about this guy?

NodakPaul
11-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I am not surprised that nobody picked him up off from waivers - he had a pretty big contract with KC. And I wouldn't call him young - he is 30.

Still, he MIGHT be worth at least taking a look at. The problem is we would have to create a roster spot for him when Cook comes back from IR. With Sherels our punt return guy, we would have to bump Burton or Jefferson for him. I am not convinced that he is better than Jefferson, but maybe Burton.

Purple Floyd
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I doubt cook gets back by the end of the year and even if he could we need to look at replacing him if possible rather than sucking at the position and praying he makes a difference when he returns.

Vikefanman2000
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
ok....its a smart ass reply, but what about Carlsons roster spot. What has he contributed this year....5, maybe 6 plays! Talk about a dud. I find it hard to believe that Shank wouldnt have out performed THOSE numbers.....and at a much cheaper price tag.

singersp
11-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Before fans get all gung-ho about bringing this guy in, I have to wonder, if he's that good, why was he cut in the first place?

i_bleed_purple
11-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Before fans get all gung-ho about bringing this guy in, I have to wonder, if he's that good, why was he cut in the first place?

Rebuilding franchise needs to clear house and restart. They can't afford the contract Routt had.