PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BUCS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

NodakPaul
10-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Well F*#@, that sucked.

The offense is broken. I don't know if it is Ponder, the OL, the receivers, Musgrave or what, but that was freaking pathetic.

Simpson, I am done with you. You are NOT a deep threat. Every time, EVERY SINGLE TIME you go "deep" you fail to get separation. Jenkins is a better WR than you. He was killing it in the final minutes. Simpson needs to be sat down. He does not make us better.

Winfield, I love your tackling skills, but your coverage has become a liability.

Ponder, you sucked. No excuses this game, you were horrible. At least you didn't throw a pick.

Turnovers kill us AGAIN. Without those turnovers and the 10 points that came off from them, the whole game would have been different.

Holy crap that was a horrible, horrible game. I have very little positive to say about it today. We have been exposed on offense, and unless we can generate some kind of deep threat, this is what we are going to see the rest of the season.

At least my 6-10 prediction is relevant again.

My three biggest complaints this game are Ponder, the OL, and Simpson.

Randy Moss
10-25-2012, 10:42 PM
There's an interception.

Ponder was bad but the O-line was worse. Wow have they been bad the last two games. What is wrong with our line?

I know this isn't a huge deal, but wtf is wrong with Kluwe?

Why can't we tackle anymore?

NodakPaul
Never mind. There was the pick.

Rambro987
Ugh...if I had hair I'd pull it out right now. JA makes amazing plays and we have a shot to come back, and an errant snap kills us.
Ponder is terrible, like someone has said before, 2-3 more years and we are searching for another QB in the draft.
Everytime someone blitzes us, he has no hot read, not quick option. He can't read a defense, he can't see at game speed.
You would think Peterson and Harvin are enough to make an offense roll with a few roll players like Kyle freaking Rudolph and Mike Jenkins, both of whom are not bad options by any means.
beyond frustrated right now.
Oh, and how about our coaching staff not adjusting to the 100 rush yards Martin gashes us for in the first half, and he has a NASTY screen pass for a TD.

Rambro987
10-25-2012, 10:45 PM
And Brian Robison is such a stud, I always wished he started over that guy who went to the Falcons...can't remember that scrubs name right now.
Just so crazy, why do we play down to this level? Buccs haven't won on the road in 9 games and we gave them every opportunity to win.
Deadskins exposed Ponder and he has been lost ever since.

iowa
10-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Well that was ugly, we shouldn't be suprised, we've seen this act before.Oh well, 5-3 is still better than most predicted, we're a young team, we'll have our ups and downs. I'm really concerned about Ponder, somethings gone horribly wrong.

Rambro987
10-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Well that was ugly, we shouldn't be suprised, we've seen this act before.Oh well, 5-3 is still better than most predicted, we're a young team, we'll have our ups and downs. I'm really concerned about Ponder, somethings gone horribly wrong.

I'm starting to think that new girlfriend he got is a Pukers fan or something. She is poisoning his mind and stunting his growth!

peterson-rox28
The 9 minute drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter by the bucs is what killed us. They completed 5 3rd and longs on that drive which is completely unacceptable. The offense was also very bad aside from Peterson and Harvin as usual.

I dont understand why Rudolph is not being used in this offense. He has great hands and can win a battle for the ball. Our third down efficiency has to improve and Rudolph can help greatly in this category.

Overall we are 5-3 which is better than anyone here could have expected so lets try to win at least 1 of our next 2 games before the bye.

NodakPaul
We need to stop going deep to simpson. It doesn't work. He is a failed pickup. Go back to the short game with Harvin and Peterson.

NodakPaul
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I dont understand why Rudolph is not being used in this offense. He has great hands and can win a battle for the ball. Our third down efficiency has to improve and Rudolph can help greatly in this category.

This.

Stonecoldet3
10-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Am I the only one pissed at the absolutely piss poor play calling. Run up the middle, bubble screen, play action pass..rinse repeat..Hell we didn't see a damn slant till garbage time. The offense is becoming way to predictable

VKG4LFE
Ponder sucks, play calling sucks, we are fucked.

Rambro987
We need to stop going deep to simpson. It doesn't work. He is a failed pickup. Go back to the short game with Harvin and Peterson.

Co-sign, how about we attempt to copycat the Patriots offense once Carlson comes back?
Amazing slot guy, and two stud TEs. This coaching staff is pretty short sighted.
Jerome Simpson and Brandon Llyod are both strong parallels to the teams.
They are both failures!!! LOL :crazy:

NodakPaul
10-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Believe it or not, Freeman's and Ponder's stats were damn near identical this game. This difference is Freeman's big plays came on third down and long...

NodakPaul
10-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Ponder sucks, play calling sucks, we are fucked.

Ponder sucked, play calling sucked, if we don't correct it, we are fucked.

thorshammer
10-25-2012, 10:58 PM
We knew Ponder would have ups and downs. The D sucked. 100 yds rushing given up in the first half. WTF. O coordinator ... misuse of that term. Hell we're young and getting better but we just didn't play well tonight. Coaching gets an F. As usual AD, JA and Percy played well. Watch now we'll beat GB and Chicago. Forgot to mention that the O line sucked as well tonight.

MaxVike
10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Our coaches got out coached and our players got out played...by a very wide margin. As I said in another post awhile back, reality will set in. It just did.

VKG4LFE
10-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Ponder sucked, play calling sucked, if we don't correct it, we are fucked.

C'mon, I love the vikes, I will lay in a vikings jersey in my purple and gold lined casket, but you can't pretend you can make chicken salad outta chicken shit. Ponder is the chicken shit by the way.

Ranger
10-25-2012, 11:22 PM
C'mon, I love the vikes, I will lay in a vikings jersey in my purple and gold lined casket, but you can't pretend you can make chicken salad outta chicken shit. Ponder is the chicken shit by the way.

People said the same about Eli. Give Ponder until the end of next year to judge him.

seaniemck7
10-25-2012, 11:25 PM
GD, that game was so frustrating. Offensive futility allowing the defense to get worn down. The defensive game plan wasn't the best, but shit how about a little help. F@ck Ponder was terrible tonight. His stats don't show how bad he played.

VKG4LFE
10-25-2012, 11:26 PM
People said the same about Eli. Give Ponder until the end of next year to judge him.

Eli, even as a rookie could throw the ball downfield. Ponder cannot do that, I am done with him. Sorry.

Stonecoldet3
10-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Our coaches got out coached and our players got out played...by a very wide margin. As I said in another post awhile back, reality will set in. It just did.

This! IMO if Ponder is going to succeed we need a new play caller. Offense is way to predictable and is why the defense seems to know the plays as their called.

VKG4LFE
10-25-2012, 11:29 PM
They don't know the plays, it's just that no one is afraid of Ponder's weak ass play action or even worse his ARM!

Reignman
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Believe it or not, Freeman's and Ponder's stats were damn near identical this game. This difference is Freeman's big plays came on third down and long...But to be fair, Freeman's stats came when the game counted and Ponder's came in garbage time lol. Ponder is starting to make me miss Tjoke, and that's pretty bad. I don't have much to say, I got all my negative nancy out in the chat room during the game with the others and now I'm spent.

I heard Cook is out with a broken wrist now. We've been exposed and we're looking at a 6-10 finish if we don't make some adjustments fast. Oh wait, did I say adjustments? Fuck it, we're done. Someone tell me why Webb didn't replace Ponder at some point in the 2nd half? Webb is good at getting us back into games and at providing a needed spark. Frazier clueless!

On ESPN they just said the Vikings are now 0 for their last 22 games when trailing by 10 or more points at half. That feels about right, this team never seems to comeback when it gets behind. I have a feeling we're stuck in another Childress/Tjoke situation with Frazier/Ponder.

VKG4LFE
10-25-2012, 11:32 PM
But to be fair, Freeman's stats came when the game counted and Ponder's came in garbage time lol. Ponder is starting to make me miss Tjoke, and that's pretty bad. I don't have much to say, I got all my negative nancy out in the chat room during the game with the others and now I'm spent.

I heard Cook is out with a broken wrist now. We've been exposed and we're looking at a 6-10 finish if we don't make some adjustments fast. Oh wait, did I say adjustments? Fuck it, we're done. Someone tell me why Webb didn't replace Ponder at some point in the 2nd half? Webb is good at getting us back into games and at providing a needed spark. Frazier clueless!

On ESPN they just said the Vikings are now 0 for their last 22 games when trailing by 10 or more points at half. That feels about right, this team never seems to comeback when it gets behind. I have a feeling we're stuck in another Childress/Tjoke situation with Frazier/Ponder.

+1

Stonecoldet3
10-25-2012, 11:35 PM
its either going to be run up the middle, short behind the line of scrimmage pass to Percy, or Play action roll out to the right. It might just be me but that seems like the play calling for the last 2 quarters of last weeks game and the first 2 quarters of this game

VKG4LFE
10-25-2012, 11:37 PM
How the hell did we win 5 games?? Seriously, we should be stoked we have that right now!

TheAnimal93
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
The pass protection was horrible. The run blocking up front was not so good either. AP is a goddamn beast or it would have been much worse. Mulligan on the fumble. Ponder made some really nice throws, some not so nice throws, and some real bone-head throws. The Harvin TD was nice. The one bubble screen throw was god-awful! In Ponder's defense he was getting the shit knocked out of him over and over. Gotta knock Musgrave for the lack of preparation/progression of the O-line. You knew that Tampa was going to bring the house over and over. WTF??? AP's blitz pick-up is lacking for his tenure in the league. Simpson I think had an okay game. He laid a nice block on the AP TD. He made a really nice catch for the 32 yd gain. He still needs alot of work/trust with Ponder. The lackluster performance cost another winnable game, the offense could not help the defense stay off of the field, and D could not sniff a 3rd down stop. Holy Crap what a recipe for a disaster. LAME!!!!!!!!!! And there is some blame for Ponder not being as keen helping out with the protection calls.
Tampa has scored 102 points in the last 3 games. They are hot and the Vikes caught them at the wrong time. The tasks are more arduous going forward. Will be tough to even split the next 4 games. I wish them the best and hope they can at least not stink up the joint like they did tonight. #SMH

RK.
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM
The offense scored 17 pts and lost 10 to turnovers. That is a net of 7 pts for the game and the only reason we got that is because Tampa took a knee for three downs at the end of the game instead of punching it in. That kind of offense couldn't beat the bottom teams in the NFL. And now the easy half of our season is over. We better get a lot better real quick or its going to be depressing around here.

MulletMullitia
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Chris Cook has a broken wrist. This is going downhill fast! Jefferson is a liability in coverage. I even saw Sherels in there tonight! This stellar defense could be short lived. I refuse to talk shit about Ponder until we get help at wideout. It's unfair to judge until then. Manti Te'o anyone?

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Relax, at least your liver is functioning normally. :-)

digital420
10-26-2012, 05:40 AM
well what did we learn last nite.. (or this morning for some).. first off.. no chicken little the sky is not falling. we are who we thought we were.. a rebuilding team.

1. the Vikes are a young, any given sunday team. what does this mean? it means any given sunday we could be a thorn in a teams side.. pull out a win, keep it close, or give up the big plays. was something more expected? really? last season we were 3-13.. we have how many rookie/2nd year players starting.. this is how this team should be judged, not as a contender, not as a walkover, but as a team that any given sunday can pull out the stops and surprise people.

2. coaching.. some people are griping about the non adjustments.. i'd like to point out the D did adjust, we did stop the run. how many 3rd and longs were there in the 2nd half? now.. adjusting the pass D? well we lost our best CB.. went with the backups.. and well.. they showed why they are backups. especially vs some studly wr's. the O? well.. rustymusty.. i don't see that playbook changing @ all.. you see the struggles.. why not work some anti blitzing plays.. where's Rudy? Ellison? some of those motion plays? ok.. we didn't get to see a lot of the plays develop as ponder was running to save his arse.. but comeone...

3. WR's/.....I won't harp on simpson right now.. he made a catch.. 2 actually fumbled one away. he woulda had another but he let the cb keep him sidelined.. and ofc ponder tossed it just outta bounds for him. he shoulda been another 3 feet inside the field but without the seperation that's not gonna happen. sure PH and Rudy were spied on all nite. well of course!! who else they gonna key on? we soooo NEED our wr's to get open which is not happening.. teams know they can man up and be safe.. someone.. or as a group they NEEEEEEEEED to step up. or this offense will remain a stutter, stutter, stutter, move the ball, stutter, stutter the rest of the year.

4. AP.. i'm sooo glad we still have you.. PH.. thank you for giving your all.

5. Ponder.. there were some nice throws even before garbage time.. and there was a lot of holy shite moments of throw it away, except when 6 drives are killed because we throw it away. well.. and sully didn't help with that early, roll the ball to the qb snap.. I saw a lot of things before the game that showed me that ponder and freeman are close in their development. the difference? ponder has PH.. freeman has Jackson, williamson. both have te's that can catch, and both have a rb that can run. it is funny to see a lot of people praise ponder while we're winning, and call for his nutz when we loose.. i'll sit back and keep note, this one goes as a bit - in the spreadsheet, at the end of the year we'll see how the +/-'s look. take the long week and work on your #$%$..

6. Walsh.. sure we got a lot of touchbacks.. but how come walsh's kicks went into the endzone, yet ph only got to return one as theirs were almost in the stands every kick? and Kluwe?? sure you arn't divine.. you'll make mistakes.. but man.. where's the boom?

7. OL.. there are good days.. there are bad days.. and there are.. someone bring the smelling salt days.. please bring back the good.. reduce the bad.. and please someone bring the smelling salts!!! that includes you sully..

8. we should start a collection and offer it to the OL of apposing teams to start a fight with Jared every game. talk about the wrong guy to piss off.. but for us.. Jared.. PLEASE GET PISSED OFF EVERY GAME.. EVERY SNAP!!!!

9. D.. seems last 2 games we've had some tackling issues.. clean that up.. and clean it up quick. Turnovers.. where are they? BRobb.. sit with the wr's and learn to catch!! (great job btw blocking how many passes?)
the Dline as a whole was playing most of the time on their side of the ball. that's what we need.. but that means the back end guys do what they need. we missed somewhere there.. personel? package? positions? i'm not a coach.. i can't fix it.. but #$%#% somebody better.

10. the team did play till the end. there was no give up, there was a breakdown.. but it was more of the first half then the 2nd. when's the last time the vikes let a rb get 100 yards in the 1st half? i'm still to shocked to go look @ the stats..there were some good plays, some resemblence of the winning vikes.. and a lot of resemblence of the loosing vikes.. dad said in the halftime.. "You learn more from failure then from success" well.. lets hope that's true for the purple n gold.

extra point
we really need some life sparked into the club. i'll leave it to the vets to raise the bar, expect more from each player, and continue to develop as a team. This is what we're doing this year, developing. I won't sit here and proclaim i know how to fix things, or who can, or doing what will.. but as a fan i'd like to see something.. show me your improving.. fromt he coaches to the subs.. we know your young.. we know your rebuilding.. we know your developing. that's not gonna give you a get out of the hot seat free card.. but it does give you some breathing room. the vikes have made great strides this year in building a franchise that WILL be a contender, lets see those strides keep happening!

SKOL we have a winning record 8 games into the season.. how many really thought that would be the case?

DiGiTaL

ConnecticutViking
10-26-2012, 05:49 AM
I am not a Ponder fan... he will have his ups and downs. The four things that really killed us:

1. Run Defense! We were shredded! WTF
2. Picking up the Blitz, O-line, WTF
3. Kluwe, gave great field positions on punts! WTF
4. Turnovers, WTF

kevoncox
10-26-2012, 07:01 AM
No one seems to really be identifying the issue.
The problem is we can't complete passes past 10 yards.
Because of that, defenses are packing the box and blitzing.
Our Oline isn't perfect but when you see 7 guys, who do you pick up.
Our Qb has to be able to hurt defenses with longer passes. Teams know even if they send the house, they are giving up a 5 yard dumpoff at best. They are crowding the line and we're not hurting them for it.

Yes the defense gave up 100+ yards on the ground. However, why is it when the defense is good and saves the offense thats ok. However, when the defense is bad... they are the lone cause of the issues.... Would it matter if we got off the field on 3rd and long? We couldn't make a first down to save our life.

Tad7
10-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Very disappointing game. Ponder play like crap, Simpson is a huge disappointment. I can't believe Doug Martin was allowed to have over 200 yards rushing and receiving. Not surprisingly the bright spots were Peterson and Harvin.

You gotta figure the Vikings need the same record in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half of the season to have a shot at the playoffs....against a much harder schedule as we all know. ughghghghgh

singersp
10-26-2012, 08:13 AM
1. .....we have how many rookie/2nd year players starting.. this is how this team should be judged

Why don't you tell us how many? We don't have as many as people want to believe & some of the positions should be playing good in their 2nd year. We have several good players. How many teams have a great WR & a great RB leading or very near the top of their positions?

1st year or 2nd, we still have some of those players playing at a high level out there. It's not like they are playing like shit.

2. coaching.. ...well we lost our best CB.. went with the backups.. and well.. they showed why they are backups..

We're drafting backups with our 3rd draft pick now?

3. WR's/.....I won't harp on simpson right now.. he made a catch.. 2 actually fumbled one away. he woulda had another but he let the cb keep him sidelined.. and ofc ponder tossed it just outta bounds for him. he shoulda been another 3 feet inside the field but without the seperation that's not gonna happen.....

He wouldn't have had another. The ball was thrown out of bounds. Had Simpson been 3 more feet in bounds, the ball would still have been thrown out of bounds except Simpson would have been 3 feet further away from it. It's up to Ponder to throw a catchable ball that's inbounds. It's up to Simpson to make an adjustment if need be.

5. Ponder.. there were some nice throws even before garbage time.. and there was a lot of holy shite moments of throw it away, except when 6 drives are killed because we throw it away.

I believe there were a number of poor throws or bad decisions also. Let's not just say there were good throws & throw aways. That attempt of a bubble pass to PH was piss poor. -1 yard passing in the 3rd quarter? WTF?

He makes some damn fine throws, but can throw some damn bad ones too. We need to see more consistency with the damn fine throws that are further out than 5 yards. Up until last night, his longest TD pass was 15 yards which really shocked me considering how many yards PH gets on YAC.

8. we should start a collection and offer it to the OL of apposing teams to start a fight with Jared every game. talk about the wrong guy to piss off.. but for us.. Jared.. PLEASE GET PISSED OFF EVERY GAME.. EVERY SNAP!!!!

LOL! Wouldn't that be like putting a bounty on our own JA? :)

9. D.. seems last 2 games we've had some tackling issues.. clean that up.. and clean it up quick. Turnovers.. where are they? BRobb.. sit with the wr's and learn to catch!! (great job btw blocking how many passes?)

4 I believe.

10. the team did play till the end. there was no give up, there was a breakdown

Ponder seems to throw better on longer passes when we are in crunch time, like those 2 passes to Jenkins. It seems the less time he has to think about the throw, the better it sails. Sort of like buck fever. If he has time to think about it, he's less accurate. Not always, but I have noticed it late in games.

extra point

I had always wondered if Ponder is not seeing open guys or if our receivers were getting open & I payed closer attention to it earlier in the game. On some of those replays of passing downs, the camera POV was from behind Ponder. I'm looking for receivers down field for Ponder to target & there were none, simply because they weren't sent down field. It looked as if they just kept them near the LOS for blocking or checking down.

It's hard to complete a pass if there isn't but 1 receiver going out to catch the pass. Where are all his options? If you noticed what Tampa Bay did, on any given pass they stretched the field by sending receivers down the sidelines and across the middle giving Freeman several choices to go to.

singersp
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I am not a Ponder fan... he will have his ups and downs. The four things that really killed us:

2. Picking up the Blitz, O-line, WTF

That isn't all on the OL. They have their own DL to worry about. AD's ability to pick up the blitz is poor to mediocre at best. When he finally does have one good pick up, like he did last night, it becomes a highlight.

vikesrgreat2
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
But to be fair, Freeman's stats came when the game counted and Ponder's came in garbage time lol. Ponder is starting to make me miss Tjoke, and that's pretty bad. I don't have much to say, I got all my negative nancy out in the chat room during the game with the others and now I'm spent.

So, the next head coach of the Minneosta Vikings should be?

Suick
10-26-2012, 08:38 AM

1. Run Defense! We were shredded! WTF +1
2. Picking up the Blitz, O-line, WTF + 100000000000
3. Kluwe, gave great field positions on punts! WTF +1
4. Turnovers, WTF Ugh

How can we have a deep threat if Ponder has 0.5 seconds to throw it?

Suick
10-26-2012, 08:43 AM
That isn't all on the OL. They have their own DL to worry about. AD's ability to pick up the blitz is poor to mediocre at best. When he finally does have one good pick up, like he did last night, it becomes a highlight.

They way he seems to enjoy contact, that flattening a blitzing LB or S waould be right up his alley. He looks lost.

Reignman
10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
So, the next head coach of the Minneosta Vikings should be?Anyone that's not associated with the Childress era and preferably someone from outside the organization that's been to a superbowl. What has Frazier ever done to deserve the HC position? He was a shitty DC. Is it just a coincidence that we've gone with unknown HC's for the past 28 years and haven't made it to a superbowl that whole time?

Randy Moss
10-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Ugh

How can we have a deep threat if Ponder has 0.5 seconds to throw it?

This. He's getting sacked before he can even drop back. He throws a really nice deep ball, but we never have anyone open and we don't have anyone who can beat a defender for the ball. We only ever send Simpson deep, and even then, he only runs fly routes, and even then, Ponder is getting hit before the receivers get 10 yards down field.

We need a big receiver. Freeman had four big passes in this game. One was a screen, another was basically a hail mary to a triple covered V. Jax on third down, and two were passes where he just tossed it up to Mike Williams on third down. When protection broke down he was just tossing it up and letting his receivers make a play. We don't have anyone to toss it up to. Ponder did this once to Harvin and Harvin let the defender take it from him.

digital420
10-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Why don't you tell us how many? We don't have as many as people want to believe & some of the positions should be playing good in their 2nd year. We have several good players. How many teams have a great WR & a great RB leading or very near the top of their positions?

1st year or 2nd, we still have some of those players playing at a high level out there. It's not like they are playing like shit.

I agree with many of the players lets say even added in the last 3 years really proving themselves, but they are making mistakes. I don't just mean this game, but so far into the season Frazier/SlickRicks work has been tested over and over. I really do like the choices they've made, but my point was, and still is too many people jumped on the hype that we were having a miracle season when we are developing the talent we brought in still, and this will take time..

We're drafting backups with our 3rd draft pick now?

I wasn't refering to JR, but to Cook's backup (Jefferson) and the 3rd backup Sherells (sp?)

He wouldn't have had another. The ball was thrown out of bounds. Had Simpson been 3 more feet in bounds, the ball would still have been thrown out of bounds except Simpson would have been 3 feet further away from him. It's up to Ponder to throw a catchable ball that's inbounds. It's up to Simpson to make an adjustment if need be.

This comment came from dad, as well as the announcers.. dad explained it as. the wr starting a few yards into the field more would give that throw a different angle. it's supposed to land in stride over the shoulder drifting toward the sideline. as he was riding the sideline it drifts out of bounds.. i'm not the expert, (unless it was ice hockey) but it made sense to me.

I believe there were a number of poor throws or bad decisions also. Let's not just say there were good throws & throw aways. That attempt of a bubble pass to PH was piss poor. -1 yard passing in the 3rd quarter? WTF?

He makes some damn fine throws, but can throw some damn bad ones too. We need to see more consistency with the damn fine throws that are further out than 5 yards. Up until last night, his longest TD pass was 15 yards which really shocked me considering how many yards PH gets on YAC.

the poor throws. yeah.. i shoulda added that in there. consistency is something that HAS to happen if ponder will ever truely become a winning NFL qb.. best way i can think of.. had a coach say.. practice your shot until you can do it 100 of 100 times. then practice it more.

LOL! Wouldn't that be like putting a bounty on our own JA? :)

yeah.. but man o man.. what an effect.. like instant energy.. as soon as the fight happened.. dad said. "now that's the wrong guy you wanna piss off" and yeah.. i'd never condone taking shots at JA.. but it man i'd like to see him that pissed each game.

Ponder seems to throw better on longer passes when we are in crunch time, like those 2 passes to Jenkins. It seems the less time he has to think about the throw, the better it sails. Sort of like buck fever. If he has time to think about it, he's less accurate. Not always, but I have noticed it late in games.

I had always wondered if Ponder is not seeing open guys or if our receivers were getting open & I payed closer attention to it earlier in the game. On some of those replays of passing downs, the camera POV was from behind Ponder. I'm looking for receivers down field for Ponder to target & there were none, simply because they weren't sent down field. It looked as if they just kept them near the LOS for blocking or checking down.

It's hard to complete a pass if there isn't but 1 receiver going out to catch the pass. Where are all his options? If you noticed what Tampa Bay did, on any given pass they stretched the field by sending receivers down the sidelines and across the middle giving Freeman several choices to go to.

This is something i wish i had access to reviews of games for. watching live is hard to see the whole field. and without a real full access to the nfl coaches film it's mostly reading what others say, trying to piece together what i see. Ponder does seem to have a nak for the last minute drill.. and this could be something that helps him along. if he can tap into that and react instead of over think.. well.. that's for the coaches to work on, and ponder himself to understand.

DiGiTaL

tastywaves
10-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I think Mayock said it best, two young teams played, both have a long ways to go and both have a lot of young developing talent. They are both going to lay a lot of eggs in the process, but also don't be surprised if they come out and beat some teams that no one expects them to beat.

I would not be surprised at all if we go out and split the series between GB and Chicago. I don't think this is a playoff team, I think we have a long ways to go. Ponder has a long ways to go, and may never get there, but I haven't personally ruled him out yet. I don't think his play was near as bad as many have commented in this thread. He was worse IMO in the last couple games than he was last night. Remind me to comment in Singer's thread about how everyone keeps giving Ponder the benefit of the doubt and won't say a negative comment about him. I think if you took a poll today, the majority of PPO would say Ponder will never be the QB we need.

We flat out got whooped by a team that came in with more energy than we did, a lot of that energy we gave them with a number of miscues. Take an opponent for granted, they will make you pay. We did, they did. That Mike Williams' dude also made some incredible catches that were very well defended. Freeman was hot and cold, Doug Martin ran the ball very well (because we gave him too much space) and the defense made some big plays.

So should we call off the game in Seattle and call the season a bust, or we should go up there for shits and grins and just see what happens?

Sucks about Cook.

kevoncox
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree with many of the players lets say even added in the last 3 years really proving themselves, but they are making mistakes. I don't just mean this game, but so far into the season Frazier/SlickRicks work has been tested over and over. I really do like the choices they've made, but my point was, and still is too many people jumped on the hype that we were having a miracle season when we are developing the talent we brought in still, and this will take time..

I wasn't refering to JR, but to Cook's backup (Jefferson) and the 3rd backup Sherells (sp?)

This comment came from dad, as well as the announcers.. dad explained it as. the wr starting a few yards into the field more would give that throw a different angle. it's supposed to land in stride over the shoulder drifting toward the sideline. as he was riding the sideline it drifts out of bounds.. i'm not the expert, (unless it was ice hockey) but it made sense to me.

the poor throws. yeah.. i shoulda added that in there. consistency is something that HAS to happen if ponder will ever truely become a winning NFL qb.. best way i can think of.. had a coach say.. practice your shot until you can do it 100 of 100 times. then practice it more.

yeah.. but man o man.. what an effect.. like instant energy.. as soon as the fight happened.. dad said. "now that's the wrong guy you wanna piss off" and yeah.. i'd never condone taking shots at JA.. but it man i'd like to see him that pissed each game.

This is something i wish i had access to reviews of games for. watching live is hard to see the whole field. and without a real full access to the nfl coaches film it's mostly reading what others say, trying to piece together what i see. Ponder does seem to have a nak for the last minute drill.. and this could be something that helps him along. if he can tap into that and react instead of over think.. well.. that's for the coaches to work on, and ponder himself to understand.

DiGiTaL

He has a knack because they were playing a SOFT ZONE and not jamming our Wrs. Easy to look good when they are rushing 3 linemen and you are jst throwing underneath.

tastywaves
10-26-2012, 11:27 AM
He has a knack because they were playing a SOFT ZONE and not jamming our Wrs. Easy to look good when they are rushing 3 linemen and you are jst throwing underneath.

Yea, most QB's look good when they are down by 3 TD's and hitting quick slants.

Reignman
10-26-2012, 12:31 PM
What stood out to me most last night was everything went the Bucs way, and I mean EVERYTHING. It was just one of those games. I don't know if it was coaching, preparation, or our lack of energy, but all the big breaks went the Bucs way. My neck is sore from shaking my head so much last night. Like Randy Moss said above, Freeman would just throw a ball up and one of his receivers would come down with it, especially on 3rd n long. Whenever Ponder threw one up, it usually found the turf or the sidelines.

I think part of the reason why Freeman was having success is because our defenders don't know how to make a play on the ball. Our defenders seem to have that "let em catch it and try to knock it out with a big hit" mentality that doesn't work very often. Their 31st ranked pass defense was draped all over our receivers all night making plays. And again I noticed that our defenders never try to rip the ball out from a ball carrier, even when the ball carrier is wrapped up. Barber caused 2 fumbles ripping at the ball and it lead to 10 points for them. Even when we were down 3 scores our D was still indifferent about trying to create a turnover. Sometimes giving the offense a short field is enough to snap them out of their funk and get them into a groove.

I would say not only does our coaching staff not seem to trust Ponder, but they don't seem to trust the DB's either. It's like it's been ingrained into their heads to play it safe and to just not give up any big plays instead of allowing them to be aggressive.

AngloVike
10-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Well thing I'm convinced of is that Simpson is the real deal in that he is crap as WR. Can't get decent separation or give a consistent downfield threat. I'm sure he's won more PI calls than he's made catches so far this season. We will need to be looking for a proper WR in the draft and probably in the first round. We can't keep relying on Harvin to cover for a missing WR as teams are getting wise to Percy and shutting him down more - even though he is an elite player

Ponder had a poor night again, now some of that is on him without a doubt as most people expected from his this season. He is getting happy feet at times which then impacts his performance - that is not helped by poor blocking for him and several blown protection calls. I would also put something onto the coaches both OC and HC for not getting him eased into the game and helping get his confidence up. Starting 0/5 in passing is not going to help any QB and especially a young QB who is clearly still learning to play in the NFL.

Hopefully this loss will light a fire under some arses and get them back on track before the next game - if not then said arses need to be kicked, waived or sacked.

jonj
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
We are who they thought we were!
Ponder sucks.
Are you kiddin me, this is the sucky TB bucco bruces.
17 pts....blown out by a team that has been living in the bottom 8 of the league all year long.
The defense can't tackle..
Have you guys looked at our schedule. We might beat Detroit and St. Louis.
Fire Frazier!
Fire The GM!
Bench Simpson(fumbling, pass dropping fool).

6-10 record....7-9 at best...

Get ready to get blown out by Seattle. The hawks have a real defense, not a crap defense like TB.
We'll be lucky to get 10pts.

Enjoy!

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Some of you need to take a step back and reassess your life. This is only a game. I love the Vikings but I have liver disease, and am looking at getting a new liver in the next 5-6 months. That is why I take everything in stride.

BTW: I thought ponder was ok, but he needs to throw the ball farther inside from the out of bounds line.

keystonevike
10-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Mistakes R Us

keystonevike
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
MINNES?TA VIKINGS. Where's the "O"?

singersp
10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
So, the next head coach of the Minneosta Vikings should be?

It's not obvious yet?

:)

singersp
10-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

I think we are all going to be shitting our pants when we finally do win one. Being in diapers at the time might not be such a bad thing.

marshallvike
10-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Well F*#@, that sucked.

The offense is broken. I don't know if it is Ponder, the OL, the receivers, Musgrave or what, but that was freaking pathetic.

Simpson, I am done with you. You are NOT a deep threat. Every time, EVERY SINGLE TIME you go "deep" you fail to get separation. Jenkins is a better WR than you. He was killing it in the final minutes. Simpson needs to be sat down. He does not make us better.

Winfield, I love your tackling skills, but your coverage has become a liability.

Ponder, you sucked. No excuses this game, you were horrible. At least you didn't throw a pick.

Turnovers kill us AGAIN. Without those turnovers and the 10 points that came off from them, the whole game would have been different.

Holy crap that was a horrible, horrible game. I have very little positive to say about it today. We have been exposed on offense, and unless we can generate some kind of deep threat, this is what we are going to see the rest of the season.

At least my 6-10 prediction is relevant again.

My three biggest complaints this game are Ponder, the OL, and Simpson.

It's actually pretty easy to figure out Nodak. All of our team's woes can be directly tied to marrdro jumping on the Frazier bandwagon after the Titans game. Ever since ol' Leslie got Marty in his back pocket, the pressure to win is off, and we have been sinking farther into the crapper with each passing game.:p

Purple Floyd
10-26-2012, 06:04 PM
That damn Marrdro. Just when we finally get out crap together he has to throw a wrench in it.

singersp
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM

Even the veterans are going to make mistakes *cough* Loadholt. Even AD & Harvin will make some. Lets not forget that there were a few spectacular catches made last night that you got to give credit to the receiver for. I believe it was Jefferson that defended that long pass play that was caught for a big gain. I don't think he could have played him any tighter. The receiver just got up higher & came down with the ball. Credit that to the WR. I don't think Cook would have played it any better. The TD catch in the back of end zone was another great play by the receiver. Our guy was toe to toe with him on that one as well.

When we win & have a good game, many fans talk about how great many of our draft class from this year and last played & how good they are, but when we lose they get a lot of the blame & the they're young & we're rebuilding talk comes out.

I heard the announcers say that as well, but I'm not buying into that theory on those long passes. Many QB's will tell you they throw the ball into a spot where the receiver is supposed to be to catch it & not necessarily where he is. That ball is launched to that spot long before the receiver gets there.

I for the life of me though, don't understand why WR's are still running sideline routes. Standard practice should always be to run the route 2-3 feet inside the line to give yourself & the QB a little wiggle room. Years back it didn't matter as much because if a receiver was hit while in the air by a defender & that momentum took him out of bounds, it was still a catch.

Nowadays you must get two feet in regardless if a defender pushes you out or not. There's no need to ride the hairy edge, IMO. Especially if Ponder is throwing. It doesn't have to be off by much to be out of bounds if caught.

Don't make him angry, you're not going to like him when he's angry....

singersp
10-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Remind me to comment in Singer's thread about how everyone keeps giving Ponder the benefit of the doubt and won't say a negative comment about him. I think if you took a poll today, the majority of PPO would say Ponder will never be the QB we need.

And saying something now after two bad games changes what wasn't said before how?

I don't think the majority of PP.O would say Ponder will never be the QB we need at this point yet.

I don't think you're even going to see a "Who's tired of the Ponder Project" thread, a "Start Webb or MBT now! threads or a majority of the fans claiming he should be benched.

I don't think you'll see fans at the edge of their chairs hoping for failure or a mistake so they can start a thread bashing him for inaccuracy, turnovers, not sliding correctly, having a limited playbook, sitting on the bench, holding the ball too long, etc.

singersp
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM

Do you consider the 28, 22 & 19 yard passes to Jenkins all "underneath" passes?

singersp
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
It's actually pretty easy to figure out Nodak. All of our team's woes can be directly tied to marrdro jumping on the Frazier bandwagon after the Titans game. Ever since ol' Leslie got Marty in his back pocket, the pressure to win is off, and we have been sinking farther into the crapper with each passing game.:p

WHAT!!??? Frazier's got a new girlfriend too?

SharperImage
10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
ahh we are bickering, and fighting, and hating life.. This is the PP.O and Vikings that I know. We were so bored and comfortable when the vikings were doing good. We had nothing to bitch about! I guess ponder decided to help us and started playing like complete shit

singersp
10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
You know we didn't play a very good game when one of the top Vikings highlights from last night was this...............

Steve Mariucci on a motorcycle, or why NFL pregame shows are entirely too long (VIDEO) (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/26/steve-mariucci-motorcycle-vikings/1660399/)

MaxVike
10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
You know we didn't play a very good game when one of the top Vikings highlights from last night was this...............

Steve Mariucci on a motorcycle, or why NFL pregame shows are entirely too long (VIDEO) (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/26/steve-mariucci-motorcycle-vikings/1660399/)

Whereas that's funny, I prefer these highlights...a great run, a great throw, and a great catch.

Peterson's 64-Yard Touchdown Run vs. Tampa Bay (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Petersons_64Yard_Touchdown_Run_vs_Tampa_Bay/e49b4b52-1056-4fae-a890-23e91f1ae61a)

Ponder's 18-Yard TD Pass to Harvin vs. Tampa Bay (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Ponders_18Yard_TD_Pass_to_Harvin_vs_Tampa_Bay/49377763-97ff-4c0d-bfa9-250a34606ed9)

singersp
10-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Whereas that's funny, I prefer these highlights...a great run, a great throw, and a great catch.

Peterson's 64-Yard Touchdown Run vs. Tampa Bay (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Petersons_64Yard_Touchdown_Run_vs_Tampa_Bay/e49b4b52-1056-4fae-a890-23e91f1ae61a)

Ponder's 18-Yard TD Pass to Harvin vs. Tampa Bay (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Ponders_18Yard_TD_Pass_to_Harvin_vs_Tampa_Bay/49377763-97ff-4c0d-bfa9-250a34606ed9)

Don't forget this one.....

Jared Allen Fight Vs Donald Penn and Revenge Sack Bucs Vikings Video (http://www.iviewtube.com/v/204640/jared-allen-fight-vs-donald-penn-and-revenge-sack-bucs-vikings-video)

Purple Floyd
10-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I still say it gets back to the coaching and the font office mentality. I believe we have the talent to be competitive with most teams on a consistent basis but what sets us apart is the coaching staff and the front office mindset.

The FO has not shown me that they have an assertive or aggressive mindset, nor have the coaches. And that had been projected down to the players. look at how the Vikings negotiated with the state? They didn't have a set plan, they didn't have a focus on a particular site and they still don't have even a set design concept and we are closing in on a year aince the bill was passed.

The same thing has been done by the FO in selecting their coaches and GM. They didn't assemble a set of things they were looking for and then interview a multitude of coaches until they found the best fit, they just did one interview and hired the first candidate, then gave them the keys to the car without even having them go through drivers training or having an instructor ride along. The result was a wasted half decade that eventually left the team a hollow shell.

Then, instead of cutting all ties, learning their lesson, and going aggressively after the best men in football to run the organization, they simply promoted from within and maintained the same FO loser mentality that they have had for too long.

The players can certainly play but they need to be coached on how to do what the coaches want and they need to be put in the best position to win on every play. We have a core on offense that consists of Ponder, Peterson, Harvin, Kalil and Rudolph. There is no reason why we should be held to single digit yards on offense in a quarter. The talent is there to score points but these guys don't look like they are being coached to win and that stone faced look the coach has is way to similar to the stone faced look that was there when we lost 4 SB's.

On defense we have a very deep DL with 4 guys I feel are pro bowl caliber in Allen, Williams, Robison and Griffen. The LB corps is less capable but they still have Greenway and Brinkley is coming on and in the secondary it does look like they finally have a decent level of talent in Smith, Cook, Robinson and others. Once again, more than enough talent to build around and win games if you have the right coaching and the right attitude.

The most telling moment in the game was when Allen got into the fight with Penn. He was fired up, the defense was fired up and they got the crowd fired up as much as I have ever seen. When they forced the punt I told my wife that the next series would define the season. If the offense would step up, get aggressive, and take it to the Bucs they could come back, take control of the game, and have a restart set on the season.

Instead the offense came out, did nothing, had a terrible snap that set them back and resulted in a 3 and out, and the whole team deflated. All that time Leslie stood stone faced on the sideline with no emotion, giving no direction, and the team just flatlined. For the love of god light a fire under a few asses.

So in closing, this is the team we have, this is what we can expect, and as long as they are going to have this FO and coaching staff we will win a game once in a while that we should lose but we will get beat by lesser teams that are hungrier and want it more than we do. Because it is obvious there isn't a lot of want in the top end of the franchise.

MaxVike
10-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Don't forget this one.....

Jared Allen Fight Vs Donald Penn and Revenge Sack Bucs Vikings Video (http://www.iviewtube.com/v/204640/jared-allen-fight-vs-donald-penn-and-revenge-sack-bucs-vikings-video)

nicely done sir!

jargomcfargo
10-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I still say it gets back to the coaching and the font office mentality. I believe we have the talent to be competitive with most teams on a consistent basis but what sets us apart is the coaching staff and the front office mindset.

(ETC.)

So in closing, this is the team we have, this is what we can expect, and as long as they are going to have this FO and coaching staff we will win a game once in a while that we should lose but we will get beat by lesser teams that are hungrier and want it more than we do. Because it is obvious there isn't a lot of want in the top end of the franchise.
+1

Scoot
10-28-2012, 06:08 AM

I agree totally. I said last week to friends that the Vikings need to totally go to the play action plays, short game in the air and the run.. And let AP and PH lead the way. This would help CP confidence to improve his air game and allow the line to improve.

Scoot
10-28-2012, 06:21 AM

The FO has not shown me that they have an assertive or aggressive mindset, nor have the coaches. And that had been projected down to the players. look at how the Vikings negotiated with the state? They didn't have a set plan, they didn't have a focus on a particular site and they still don't have even a set design concept and we are closing in on a year aince the bill was passed.

The same thing has been done by the FO in selecting their coaches and GM. They didn't assemble a set of things they were looking for and then interview a multitude of coaches until they found the best fit, they just did one interview and hired the first candidate, then gave them the keys to the car without even having them go through drivers training or having an instructor ride along. The result was a wasted half decade that eventually left the team a hollow shell.

Then, instead of cutting all ties, learning their lesson, and going aggressively after the best men in football to run the organization, they simply promoted from within and maintained the same FO loser mentality that they have had for too long.

The players can certainly play but they need to be coached on how to do what the coaches want and they need to be put in the best position to win on every play. We have a core on offense that consists of Ponder, Peterson, Harvin, Kalil and Rudolph. There is no reason why we should be held to single digit yards on offense in a quarter. The talent is there to score points but these guys don't look like they are being coached to win and that stone faced look the coach has is way to similar to the stone faced look that was there when we lost 4 SB's.

On defense we have a very deep DL with 4 guys I feel are pro bowl caliber in Allen, Williams, Robison and Griffen. The LB corps is less capable but they still have Greenway and Brinkley is coming on and in the secondary it does look like they finally have a decent level of talent in Smith, Cook, Robinson and others. Once again, more than enough talent to build around and win games if you have the right coaching and the right attitude.

The most telling moment in the game was when Allen got into the fight with Penn. He was fired up, the defense was fired up and they got the crowd fired up as much as I have ever seen. When they forced the punt I told my wife that the next series would define the season. If the offense would step up, get aggressive, and take it to the Bucs they could come back, take control of the game, and have a restart set on the season.

Instead the offense came out, did nothing, had a terrible snap that set them back and resulted in a 3 and out, and the whole team deflated. All that time Leslie stood stone faced on the sideline with no emotion, giving no direction, and the team just flatlined. For the love of god light a fire under a few asses.

AGREE TO THIS AS WELL!!... The FO is responsible for carving the way.. Just look what Jerry jones is doing to the cowboys... but the doesn't hurt my feelings but it goes to show how the FO controls mentality.

TheAnimal93
10-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Okay, at the end of the draft I said that the team will only go as far as the coaching staff will take them. Who in here thinks that the players we have are being utililized to their potential? Ive been holding back and taking a wait and see approach to the coaching staff, mainly Musgrave. It seems to me that there is are specific plays for each player and that is it. Its so predictable. The playcalling is so predictable. Does Ponder not know how to run an offense from the shotgun? Can TE's not catch the ball on 1st down? Are there only 20 plays that the offense knows? Can the offense grind out a drive not relying on Harvin or AP? Why not? how are other teams making plays with what they have? How is it that there players(wr's) are making plays and ours are not? I do not see a problem with what we have, I have a problem with the way the whole team is being utilized. Mix it up, quit being so predictable and lets see a offense that is hard to figure out from week to week. Challenge the players to be their best every week.

vikingsfanwpg
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I think we are all overreacting. Yes the performance on Thursday was horrible, however for people to say "give up on Ponder!" is ridiculous. It's year 2! Look, last year we were 2-6 at this point, we are 5-3, and who knows, maybe we eke out a victory before the bye and then get momentum for our tough stretch. Don't give up yet my fellow fans! Also, what are your thoughts on maybe acquiring Bowe from KC? I heard he wants out!

Purple Floyd
10-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Also, what are your thoughts on maybe acquiring Bowe from KC? I heard he wants out!

Only if we can bundle him with Stanzi.

marstc09
11-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Some of you need to take a step back and reassess your life. This is only a game. I love the Vikings but I have liver disease, and am looking at getting a new liver in the next 5-6 months. That is why I take everything in stride.

BTW: I thought ponder was ok, but he needs to throw the ball farther inside from the out of bounds line.

What are you even talking about? Like we didn't know it was only a game. We are fans, we earned the right to bitch. We pay money to and devote our selfs to a team that we love. I don't need to reassess shit. Fuck these turnovers. This team is better than that shit.

singersp
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Okay, at the end of the draft I said that the team will only go as far as the coaching staff will take them. Who in here thinks that the players we have are being utililized to their potential? Ive been holding back and taking a wait and see approach to the coaching staff, mainly Musgrave. It seems to me that there is are specific plays for each player and that is it. Its so predictable. The playcalling is so predictable. Does Ponder not know how to run an offense from the shotgun? Can TE's not catch the ball on 1st down? Are there only 20 plays that the offense knows? Can the offense grind out a drive not relying on Harvin or AP? Why not? how are other teams making plays with what they have? How is it that there players(wr's) are making plays and ours are not? I do not see a problem with what we have, I have a problem with the way the whole team is being utilized. Mix it up, quit being so predictable and lets see a offense that is hard to figure out from week to week. Challenge the players to be their best every week.

He doesn't like to run the offense from the shotgun because it's too far to throw to the line of scrimmage.

Purple Floyd
11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
He doesn't like to run the offense from the shotgun because it's too far to throw to the line of scrimmage.
:rofl:

Reignman
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Things are going so bad for the Vikings last weeks post game thread is still active haha.

kevoncox
10-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Lets read some of these comments shall we.

kevoncox
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
i still say it gets back to the coaching and the font office mentality. I believe we have the talent to be competitive with most teams on a consistent basis but what sets us apart is the coaching staff and the front office mindset.

the fo has not shown me that they have an assertive or aggressive mindset, nor have the coaches. And that had been projected down to the players. Look at how the vikings negotiated with the state? They didn't have a set plan, they didn't have a focus on a particular site and they still don't have even a set design concept and we are closing in on a year aince the bill was passed.

The same thing has been done by the fo in selecting their coaches and gm. They didn't assemble a set of things they were looking for and then interview a multitude of coaches until they found the best fit, they just did one interview and hired the first candidate, then gave them the keys to the car without even having them go through drivers training or having an instructor ride along. The result was a wasted half decade that eventually left the team a hollow shell.

Then, instead of cutting all ties, learning their lesson, and going aggressively after the best men in football to run the organization, they simply promoted from within and maintained the same fo loser mentality that they have had for too long.

The players can certainly play but they need to be coached on how to do what the coaches want and they need to be put in the best position to win on every play. We have a core on offense that consists of ponder, peterson, harvin, kalil and rudolph. There is no reason why we should be held to single digit yards on offense in a quarter. The talent is there to score points but these guys don't look like they are being coached to win and that stone faced look the coach has is way to similar to the stone faced look that was there when we lost 4 sb's.

On defense we have a very deep dl with 4 guys i feel are pro bowl caliber in allen, williams, robison and griffen. The lb corps is less capable but they still have greenway and brinkley is coming on and in the secondary it does look like they finally have a decent level of talent in smith, cook, robinson and others. Once again, more than enough talent to build around and win games if you have the right coaching and the right attitude.

The most telling moment in the game was when allen got into the fight with penn. He was fired up, the defense was fired up and they got the crowd fired up as much as i have ever seen. When they forced the punt i told my wife that the next series would define the season. If the offense would step up, get aggressive, and take it to the bucs they could come back, take control of the game, and have a restart set on the season.

Instead the offense came out, did nothing, had a terrible snap that set them back and resulted in a 3 and out, and the whole team deflated. All that time leslie stood stone faced on the sideline with no emotion, giving no direction, and the team just flatlined. For the love of god light a fire under a few asses.

So in closing, this is the team we have, this is what we can expect, and as long as they are going to have this fo and coaching staff we will win a game once in a while that we should lose but we will get beat by lesser teams that are hungrier and want it more than we do. Because it is obvious there isn't a lot of want in the top end of the franchise.

lol

Ranger
10-07-2013, 02:40 PM

Shut up, idiot.

kevoncox
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Shut up, idiot.

Lol

drewlovs
10-07-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm betting he didn't think THAT idea would be so painful to watch...

Purple Floyd
10-07-2013, 06:05 PM
lol
So what exactly are you LOL ing about? It still rings true for me.

kevoncox
10-07-2013, 06:16 PM
So what exactly are you LOL ing about? It still rings true for me.

Wouldn't the signing of a two Free agent Qbs register in your mind as aggressive moves by the Front office?

Ranger
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm a huge KSU fan. I never felt like he was "it". I felt much better when Klein, Bishop, and May were taking snaps.

That being said, Freeman has ability for days. I'd love to see him step it up now that he's in an offense worth a damn. Well, in an offense better than what he had.

kevoncox
10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm a huge KSU fan. I never felt like he was "it". I felt much better when Klein, Bishop, and May were taking snaps.

That being said, Freeman has ability for days. I'd love to see him step it up now that he's in an offense worth a damn. Well, in an offense better than what he had.

You forgot El Robison

Purple Floyd
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't the signing of a two Free agent Qbs register in your mind as aggressive moves by the Front office?

Not when neither one of them are capable of becoming a franchise type QB and not when the coaching staff does something stupid like this:

Ponder practiced Monday and will start against (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013101305/2013/REG6/panthers@vikings) Carolina if he's healthy, according to Frazier. If he's not ready, Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/player/mattcassel/2506562/profile) will make his second straight appearance (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092906/2013/REG4/steelers@vikings). Frazier added that Ponder still has a bright future with the Vikings (http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN), but he emphasized that it didn't require much of a sales job (https://twitter.com/GoesslingESPN/status/387277163390447616) to lure in Freeman.
So what was Freeman told? That he'd need to fend off Ponder and Cassel from the bottom rung up? We doubt it.
The Vikings (http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN) have seen enough of Ponder to know what he is. It won't be long before he's sitting for good; probably in favor of Cassel on Sunday, and Freeman after that.

How aggressive is benching the guy who actually won a game this yer in favor of the one that everyone on the planet knows is a dud and bringing in a guy who just ran himself off his last team, paying him more than the other two and making him a 3rd stringer?

Fricking brilliant.

Tell me how the coaching has been anything close to aggressive.

Purple Floyd
10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
One more stepPlease complete the security check to accesspurplepride.org
Refresh (http://www.purplepride.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1110746#) Announce (http://www.purplepride.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1110746#) Info (http://www.purplepride.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1110746#)
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_Vusr8DY-iElUlXqiq6eH5daBCB9x3yOKkbgIbgWQhlqj7CirzLle11XJ9ECYtbmMvXE5PXEhspK6wiQeKrA2amECbYLCf5NE4VfA1skFJBwNLJfOdwdbBIXix7_m-Dfpn0Xn0XR-CRidtUiu18UlOrjOKPNu0A

Enter above textLeave a message for the site owner? (100characters left)Submit

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.

What ca

Purple Floyd
10-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Announce (http://www.purplepride.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1110746#) Info (http://www.purplepride.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1110746#)
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VutIU_44bk7Y6YDgbcvgG_e4wChfsGyP8_1oT18ZOSlhteQ335qx_6AJez3YdTsqnsz6ID1qBykwgsfswOKQs2-EiFBkhcEC8yxwfoo_3w8U951ZehX9wVB0f9-yZlQLvyf60ZpqGmAO07FtE4BDWn28vXGdvw

Enter above textLeave a message for the site owner? (100characters left)Submit

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.

What can I do to prevent this in the future?If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.

CloudFlare Ray ID: b9e8d7f55510166 •
Your IP: 74.44.52.42 •
Help (https://cloudflare.com/support) •
Performance & security by CloudFlare (https://cloudflare.com/) •
Select a Language English Español

nice

Purple Floyd
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Announce Info
reCAPTCHA challenge image

Enter above text

Leave a message for the site owner? (100 characters left)
Submit
Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
CloudFlare Ray ID: b9e8f66ea9a0166 • Your IP: 74.44.52.42 • Help • Performance & security by CloudFlare •

PP.o Spam payback time

Ranger
10-07-2013, 09:24 PM
You forgot El Robison

I got unbelievably drunk when Rob and Sproles demolished Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, man.

kevoncox
10-08-2013, 08:11 AM
I got unbelievably drunk when Rob and Sproles demolished Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, man.

Great game. Nice to meet a fellow KSU fan.