PDA

View Full Version : Everson Griffen leaves team after sudden death of mother

NodakPaul
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Everson Griffen leaves team after sudden death of mother | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/11/everson-griffen-leaves-team-after-sudden-death-of-mother/)

Wow. Thoughts and prayers out to the Griffen family.

drakkar
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
This is such a sad story. condolences to his family

NodakPaul
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
"It's purely up to him when he comes back. There's no timetable. I told him yesterday, he needs to go through the grieving process properly. Don't be worrying about football. Just do whatever he needs to do away from football. His mom was very, very close to him."

So... a little different than the way that Childress would have handled it... :)

vikinggreg
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
So... a little different than the way that Childress would have handled it... :)

oh no they still aren't going to pay him but he can take the time off......

It hard to say who made the call over the pay check (coach, director of player personel, Mark Wilf or however the quadrilateral of power worked) what was granted in the past but to make sure it doesn't happen again is important and to offer support. Mistakes happen but not learning from them just makes you look like the Matt Millen run Lions.

Prayers to Everson and family

NodakPaul
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
oh no they still aren't going to pay him but he can take the time off......

It hard to say who made the call over the pay check (coach, director of player personel, Mark Wilf or however the quadrilateral of power worked) what was granted in the past but to make sure it doesn't happen again is important and to offer support. Mistakes happen but not learning from them just makes you look like the Matt Millen run Lions.

Prayers to Everson and family

Where did it say anything about him getting paid or not? You lost me here. From everything I saw, the Vikings organization has handled it well.

vikinggreg
10-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Where did it say anything about him getting paid or not? You lost me here. From everything I saw, the Vikings organization has handled it well.

Sorry I was talking about the last time someone left for a funeral and didn't get paid (Troy Williamson was docked a game check) when things were handled poorly. But now it is looking like the Vikings org is handling things better.

C Mac D
10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Wow, such sad news. My thoughts are with Everson and the entire Griffen family.

I can't imagine receiving unexpected news like that...

Rambro987
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
He should play and give our team a rallying spark...I mean, Brett Favre and Torrey Smith did it right?

midgensa
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
He should play and give our team a rallying spark...I mean, Brett Favre and Torrey Smith did it right?

WTF? Troll.

skum
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
He should do whatever feels right for himself..

thorshammer
10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
He's back to honor his Mom ... good for him ...

NodakPaul
10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
He should do whatever feels right for himself..

Agreed.

It sounds like he will be playing on Sunday.

PurplePowerPunch
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM
What a tough time for him and his family. Thoughts and Prayers go out to them.

MaxVike
10-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Everson...thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sorry for your loss, Mom's are the best...

Traveling_Vike
10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Glad to see him back, he's been a big part of our success thus far this season. Losing his mother like that has to have been quite a shock since she was supposedly quite healthy. My condolences and good wishes go out to his family and friends.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but this may provide a needed boost for us this week. Emotion can go a long way in this game. Look what it did for the Colts last week, playing for Coach Pagano, and beating the Packers. If the team is really feeling it with Everson, I'd expect to see some real fire in their eyes on Sunday. If I were the Redskins, I might be a bit worried.