PDA

View Full Version : Locker to sit out against Vikings?

singersp
10-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Jake Locker to sit out against Vikings?

Jake Locker: Titans QB could miss matchup with Vikings (http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/02/nfl-rumors-jake-locker-to-sit-out-against-vikings/)

Marrdro
10-03-2012, 06:30 AM
I tend to get nervous when old Vets get the start. Lets hope that they have been devoting all the reps to Locker leading up to his injury and Jake is a bit rusty.

Course, it doesn't matter, they can't run the ball so our D should be able to play them pretty much one dimensional.

marshallvike
10-04-2012, 07:55 PM
i would rather play Locker than Hasselbeck

singersp
10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Hasselbeck to start at quarterback vs Vikings, Locker out with injured shoulder

Titans coach: Hasselbeck to start at quarterback vs Vikings, Locker out with injured shoulder - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/titans-coach-hasselbeck-to-start-at-quarterback-vs-vikings-locker-out-with-injured-shoulder/2012/10/03/d687e9b2-0da5-11e2-ba6c-07bd866eb71a_story.html)

NordicNed
10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
I'll third the feeling, I also would rather us face Locker than Hasselbeck.....

purplepat
10-06-2012, 05:39 AM
I dunno...Hasselbeck used to be somewhat mobile, but these days can't be anywhere as mobile as Locker is. Could be a big day by the DL sack-wise.

I also suspect there's some muscle memory and timing issues that will not work in Hasselbeck's favor. Yes, he should "play smarter" perhaps than Locker would have, but he probably won't have the same timing, etc. with the receivers that Locker would have considering the 2nd string QB usually doesn't get many practice reps. I don't recall Hasselbeck coming in cold last week and lighting it up.

Biggest thing is that offensively we should dominate Tennessee in our house.

Purple Floyd
10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
We are going to beat the crap out of that old man. He might not finish the game and if he does he will probably not have much more than 100 yards passing.

singersp
10-07-2012, 05:57 AM
We are going to beat the crap out of that old man. He might not finish the game and if he does he will probably not have much more than 100 yards passing.

We only had 111 yards passing last week.

thorshammer
10-07-2012, 08:55 AM
I would rather face Locker but as long as we stay focused I think we'll be fine. We are the better team right now. Hasselbeck gets rid of the ball so fast it's a concern. I have seen him get hot and just carve people up but I don't think our D Line will let him get going in our house.

Marrdro
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
I tend to get nervous when old Vets get the start. Lets hope that they have been devoting all the reps to Locker leading up to his injury and Jake is a bit rusty.

Course, it doesn't matter, they can't run the ball so our D should be able to play them pretty much one dimensional.
I owe my scouts a bonus for that little nugget.

Marrdro
10-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Pretty close as well. 26-43, 200 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. About Half of that came during the end of the game.