PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Win Over Best Team In Football?

thorshammer
09-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Great victory today. Beat 49er's and the officials. Should count as two wins.

NodakPaul
09-23-2012, 04:20 PM
O.M.G.

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.

O.M.F.G.

I need a towel. I made a mess.

Jereamiah
09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Great victory today. Beat 49er's and the officials. Should count as two wins.
:clap: Looks like a totally different team. I hate/have issues with Frasier and his staff. The hate part comes in when I get past the 4th beer. But still, props! This team was the polar opposite of what we saw last week. WOW! Obviously, Coach dropped the hammer. Hopefully it continues. Great game. First time I've seen a team use 5 time-outs in a half. Awesome. Coach Harbaugh? Officiating crew?:hump: Take that.

NodakPaul
09-23-2012, 04:39 PM
:clap: Looks like a totally different team. I hate/have issues with Frasier and his staff. The hate part comes in when I get past the 4th beer. But still, props! This team was the polar opposite of what we saw last week. WOW! Obviously, Coach dropped the hammer. Hopefully it continues. Great game. First time I've seen a team use 5 time-outs in a half. Awesome. Coach Harbaugh? Officiating crew?:hump: Take that.

I actually like Frazier better after the 4th beer. :)

Great, great game by the Vikings all around today. San Fran underestimated us, the officials did their best to fuck us, but the Vikings still came out on top.

I am ecstatic. I am gong to do my very, very best not to give my full review of the game until tomorrow, because I know that right now I am WAY to excited to be objective.

LOVE MY VIKINGS!!!

Jereamiah
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Just watched The Goose interview Ponder. Ponder says: "Coach Musgrave came up with a great game plan." And indeed he did. I give props and credit where it is due. I still can't get my mind around Frazier. i just don't like the guy. I wish him success though. Hope he turns out to be the coach of the year.

SharperImage
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Best Birthday EVER! We beat the 49ers.. and Stafford might be out for our game next week against detriot! AND WE GET JEROME SIMPSON BACK!!! WOOHOO

digital420
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
wow... simply... wow.

can't break down the game now... need to calm down about 300 bpm..

Great how the D rose up this week.. ponder.. just keeps getting better!

wooohooooo SKOLL!!!!!

DiGiTaL

Reignman
09-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Ahh come on you cowards, you get the most interesting stuff when people post while still riding on that game time emotion lol.

Great win! Where the hell has that been the past 2+ years? I don't remember the last time we dominated a game like that on both sides of the ball, and against a superbowl caliber team no less. Loved the aggressive attitude, damn that was so refreshing. Even when you thought, ok now they got the lead this is where they get conservative, and blow it, but they didn't.

But fuck Toby Gerhart, did he start the niners defense in his fantasy league today? And fuck Frazier for putting that clown out there after fumbling on 2 consecutive carries and allowing him to fumble a 3rd time. You don't do that shit to Vikings fans who have seen way too many unbelievable loses. Both should be on the unemployment line after that fiasco. Clearly TG had head issues, or sweaty arm bands, or something, you don't put him back out there having fumbled on the 2 previous carries when you're trying to ice a championship quality team. We have AP, PH, and even Asiata on the sidelines, so why was it so important to have TG finish the game?

And double fuck the refs. Just when you think you've seen it all and can't possibly see worse, you watch a Vikings game, and you do. I can see them blowing calls here and there, they're human, but good grief they can't even keep track of timeouts? Niners had 3 TO's and 2 lost challenges, so they essentially had 5 TO's.

Carlson 0 catches and one 3rd down drop on the season. If we cut him now, how much of that $25m can we get back?

And unbelievable, mark it on the calendar, we FINALLY got an INTERCEPTION!!! And it closed the game too. Thank you Josh Robinson. Now lets hope that shit is contagious.

Caine
09-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Here's hoping that I've been wrong about everything I've ever said about Zygi, Mark, and Leonard, that I'm wrong about Leslie and Bill, and the team in general...I wouldn't be upset in the least.

Sadly, one game does not a season make, but I'm THRILLED that they beat the Niners. What a great team to take apart.

Congrats, Boys....

Caine

midgensa
09-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Here's hoping that I've been wrong about everything I've ever said about Zygi, Mark, and Leonard, that I'm wrong about Leslie and Bill, and the team in general...I wouldn't be upset in the least.

Sadly, one game does not a season make, but I'm THRILLED that they beat the Niners. What a great team to take apart.

Congrats, Boys....

Caine

+1

I genuinely hope they continue to prove me (and you a little more vociferously) wrong week in and week out.

What a truly dominating performance over what most consider to be the class of the league.

kevoncox
09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Great, great win....
Great game plan.

LIVike
09-23-2012, 08:00 PM
For once it was a full team effort. Almost everyone did their part and now hopefully this gives them some momentum and confidence moving forward. Only one penalty too was a nice change. They actually threw the ball to Rudolph. I loved how the defense never stopped in the fourth quarter after the two turnovers on offense, forcing turnovers after each one. Most importantly for once they didn't take a knee going into the half and tried to score.

Now to the nit picking:

Gerhart needed to be taken out after the first fumble but then again that challenge never should have happened so the first fumble never should have happened. Special teams on kickoffs in the second half were bad. The refs still suck.

Overall great game and a great surprise

keystonevike
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Great win.
We're a 53-yard Vinateri field goal away from possibly being 3-0. Not a bad start for a "rebuilding" team. Let's hope this is the first step in accelerating this process.
But again, great win. Unbelievable. Fantastic.

Purple Floyd
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Absolutely fantastic effort and results. The best I have seen this team play in a long time. While last game they lost to a team they should best, this week they dominated a team they should have lost to.

Hopefully people are starting to soften on the idea of Ponder being a reach. I feel with better talent at WR he can be a decent QB.

The defense stepped up and made plays. I almost forgot what it felt like to cheer an INT. the LB's played very well without Henderson,Walsh was a great draft pick.

VikesFan787
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I almost didn't know what to do when we got that INT. Also, Im curious to why Ponder didn't throw to Peterson on that second Rudolph touchdown. He was WIDE open.

NOT complaining! Wonderful game!

LIVike
09-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Hopefully people are starting to soften on the idea of Ponder being a reach. I feel with better talent at WR he can be a decent QB.

Hopefully Simpson coming back next week helps

Tad7
09-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Awesome victory. Gotta give props all around but I'd probably give the game ball to Ponder.

singersp
09-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I hate/have issues with Frasier and his staff. The hate part comes in when I get past the 4th beer.

So what you're trying to say is you start hating on Frazier during the pre-game show? :)

singersp
09-23-2012, 09:27 PM

Congrats, Boys....

Caine

A better team to take apart is the Packers. Would love to humiliate them at Lambeau.

singersp
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
the officials did their best to fuck us, but the Vikings still came out on top.
LOVE MY VIKINGS!!!

I believe we had a few go our way as well, but yes they totally fucked up the Time Out/Challenge by the 49ers.

singersp
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Loved the win! Loved being more aggressive with our passing, but wasn't impressed with trying to run, run, run at the goal line when we were getting stuffed. Passing & YAC got us there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That 4th down pass should have been made on 3rd down

Even our warpig/tech 0 blocked a FG!

I didn't miss Henderson a bit. Brinkley & Greenway stepped up big time.

vikesrgreat2
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
This is really nice to see! What a GREAT victory for the team! If they can play like that the rest of the season, why not shock the world? Congratulations to the Vikings on a top-notch performance!

RK.
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Great win today however last week they lost to the worst ranked team in the league that week. I need to see them string at least 3 wins together before I start drinking the purple koolaid.

Jereamiah
09-24-2012, 12:25 AM
So what you're trying to say is you start hating on Frazier during the pre-game show? :) Exactly! :)

skum
09-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Any given Sunday

Ponder looked pretty good, Jared got a sack, Rudolph is a beast also a pretty good game by the O-Line..

ConnecticutViking
09-24-2012, 08:51 AM
What a difference a week makes! This gives me hope and optimism! Solid game on Offense: Loved the run/pass mix and the fact that we opened the playbook up. The D played a great game, D-line was aggressive and the secondary looked sharp, but I think our backers really played a great game. They filled holes, had disciplined responsibilities and were aggressive blitzing (both run and pass). Our kick coverage needs to be looked at, we gave up globs of yards on the return team. Overall, this made my weekend!:crazy:

Minniman
09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
The Vikings came to play, the offensive gameplan worked, and the defense was more aggressive. It was a nice win.

The 49ers play a modified zone defense as base, and the Vikings showed that a short passing offense can beat it.

The Vikings defensive line got pressure, but Jared Allen needed extra game time provided by the refs to get a sack. He still takes himself out of too many plays with the wide rush, and the inside rush is not coordinated with the linebackers to cover the edge.

The Vikings still have little downfield threats. Harvin and Rudolph accounted for 67% of all catches and 49% of targets, but it is clear Ponder wanted to spread the ball around if the opportunity to do so was available. The Vikings had a good gameplan against the 49ers zone; they used mid passes, curls, and comebacks in the first half. The 49ers made some changes to defeat that in the second half, which should have allowed the Vikings a better chance at going deep, but without the top shelf players, it did not make a difference.

The special teams play in the second half was not good. Only a touchdown saving tackle and nice defensive effort saved the Vikings from a potentially catastrophic second half start. The defense did step up, and the three points given up was a victory for the defense.

The Vikings did get the win, but they showed that improvement is needed in many areas. They were dealt a full house and played it well. That was enough to take the pot this time, but I am not ready to go all in over a couple of early winning hands.

PurplePowerPunch
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Congrats, Boys....

Caine

This game was the season for us Caine. It was a game in which we had to find out where our beloved Vikings are headed. I'm so glad we won tho.

NDVikingFan66
09-24-2012, 11:10 AM

Congrats, Boys....

Caine

I too hope your wrong :)

You are correct, one game does not a season make, but it was nice to see us totally control the game. We actually forced our will on the other team, which was great.

I am excited again to see what the rest of the season can possibly bring to us.

tastywaves
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
The Vikings came to play, the offensive gameplan worked, and the defense was more aggressive. It was a nice win.

The 49ers play a modified zone defense as base, and the Vikings showed that a short passing offense can beat it.

The Vikings defensive line got pressure, but Jared Allen needed extra game time provided by the refs to get a sack. He still takes himself out of too many plays with the wide rush, and the inside rush is not coordinated with the linebackers to cover the edge.

The Vikings still have little downfield threats. Harvin and Rudolph accounted for 67% of all catches and 49% of targets, but it is clear Ponder wanted to spread the ball around if the opportunity to do so was available. The Vikings had a good gameplan against the 49ers zone; they used mid passes, curls, and comebacks in the first half. The 49ers made some changes to defeat that in the second half, which should have allowed the Vikings a better chance at going deep, but without the top shelf players, it did not make a difference.

The special teams play in the second half was not good. Only a touchdown saving tackle and nice defensive effort saved the Vikings from a potentially catastrophic second half start. The defense did step up, and the three points given up was a victory for the defense.

The Vikings did get the win, but they showed that improvement is needed in many areas. They were dealt a full house and played it well. That was enough to take the pot this time, but I am not ready to go all in over a couple of early winning hands.

Nice review.

I was very impressed with this win, no intimidation by what was crowned best team in the NFL, just good football without a lot of silly penalties to take it off track. Next week will be another great test to see where this team is at. Can they go into Detroit with the same energy and confidence that they brought in this game? I think this will actually be a tougher game for us.

Ponder played a great game (his best to date) and showed he is up to the mental aspect of the position. Hopefully Simpson will provide him with another legitimate target. Jenkins and Carlson were complete no shows.

In a lot of ways this was a good match up for the Vikings. Two teams that like to get physical. Similar philosophies on how the teams are being built, San Fran is just ahead of us on talent. Especially on defense. Vikings came ready to play and didn't self destruct. Alex Smith had a hard time making plays when he needed them.

Does anybody still think these replacement refs are going to be just fine? We see the obvious stuff that is being pointed out, like the challenge after they already used up their last time out....and why did the analysts and Pereira take so long to figure this out...wasn't it that obvious to everyone watching this game...the NFL environment is just too big for these refs?. I guarantee you the players are playing a whole different style of play with these knuckleheads then they did when the rules were actually being reinforced. And the calls continue to be very random, disrupting the rhythm of the game. May be a tough adjustment when teams have to go back to playing by the rules again.

digital420
09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
ok.. after the rush breakdown

O - Musty wasn't rusty!! great evolution.. some key plays to PH, Kyle.. even our non-nfl starts wr's stepped up when they were targeted. there was a couple things i was confused on.. but if I had AP.. and needed a couple yards.. sure use him.. he did go from the what 8 to the 1.. 4 downs.. why not bulldoze it in.. really glad for the call on 4th. showed gutz, confidence (really with a blitz we might have gotten a saftey had it not gone in), overall i'm happy with the coaching on the O.. 1 penalty (prolly was 2 or 3 more that the ref's didn't see). and for all those who say they can't stand the dink/dunk.. 16 plays on the opening drive.. and the time eating drives throughout.. it might not be as exciting as seeing a 40-50 yrd bomb.. but i'll take it!

Ponder.. GREAT.. and i mean GREAT focus!!! there's a lot of crow to eat if he keeps this up, i heard one of the anal-ytests say.. MN has found their QB. well so far I can't find a reason to say havn't.

AP Rushing vs what was supposed to be THE rush D.. wish he woulda gotten over 100.. he was close to breaking a few open.. maybe had he run those last ones instead of TB. but his total touches is raising and soon he'll be the full package we need him to be!! that catch and extra push to get the 1st was PURE AD!!!btw did anyone notice the key block AP threw on Ponders TD run?

Percy !#$%# damn this kid is fast!! just all over doing whatever he could do to help.. what more can you ask of him.

Kyle well.. he's setting that bar really high for JohnC to come in and prove the value he's demanded. the fact that Ponder knew he'd catch that pass and him to do it 1 handed.. just wow..

WR's a couple drops but on the most part they caught was was catchable and we kept moving.

Oline - 95% of the things i read leading up to the game said this was gonna be a overly matched line battle. SF's MEAN MEAN front 7 would terrorize the vikes Oline.. well... that didn't happen!! sure we didn't overly destroy them. but it was a long hard faught game. kudos!!

D - if this was game planned .. holy shite what a difference! guys stepped up, played with heart and self control. turnover battle was won.. even with TB's fluke string of fumbles.. there were times i was saying to Dad.. well here's were we generally fall apart.. but we didn't.. infact. wtf 4th qtr production from sf was.. nullified!!

Greenway man o man.. everywhere, in control and knowing exactly what he had to do. btw that first sack of Smith was... beautiful!!!!

winny was beat a few times. but also came up large with his brand of run stopping

Dline - great work across the board. holding Gore and keeping preasure on smith.

LB's much better with the blitz disguises, far better run and pass defending. some crucial plays kept us in the lead!

cb's Cook.. is really showing he belongs, JR broke the no int monkey!! good game.. though i think way to much space was given to Moss.. though we wern't really burned for long plays, we got very very lucky on some of those overthrows and drops from their wr's.

Safety after mistackle came out.. we kept playing like 2 starters.. sure the rook made a couple miscues.. coulda helped more on that pass to the 1.. but some big plays and key stops!

Special Teams..
- walsh.. clutch in the FG.. flubbed a few of those kickoffs..
- Punting big K did what we needed him to do..
- SPT .. mistackles were rampent.. toss'd our great avg out the window..
FG block !!! WOOHOOOO that's 1 xp, and 1 fg so far this year!!

the officiating of this game was a joke all around.. many mis calls.. no calls.. for and against us.. though i wouldn't complain it's becoming an issue.. the refs don't know the rules.. can't determine with accuracy a standard play type.. i thin they had 5 flags were they didn't know the number of the guy who did it.. (as evident the ref didn't call a #) i'll stick with the thought that.. ref's don't win/loos games.. if your at the point where one call makes or breaks you.. you didn't play well enouf to win.

all in all.. WHAT A WIN!! this should put all those overly ego'd wanna be intelligent broadcasters/anal-ytests/nfl guru's upside down.. can we say upset of the week????

ohh.. i bet detroit is now saying... ohh crap.. here come the vikes.. instead of.. at least this week it's the vikes..

DiGiTaL

PurplePowerPunch
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
We just need to go ahead and pay Harvin whatever he wants. Give him 4 year, 40 million dollar deal now! This dude goes to war for us every sunday. Vike's front office needs to get out of their feelings towards him, and get this deal done!

mountainviking
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM
O.M.G.

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.

O.M.F.G.

I need a towel. I made a mess.

YES! YES!! YeeESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That pretty much felt like ALL of our Potential coming together at once! Unbelievable!! So the question now: Do they have any chance of keeping it that together on the field going forward, or was that just a temporary glimpse into what might someday be...???

PurplePowerPunch
09-24-2012, 11:48 AM
ok.. after the rush breakdown

O - Musty wasn't rusty!! great evolution.. some key plays to PH, Kyle.. even our non-nfl starts wr's stepped up when they were targeted. there was a couple things i was confused on.. but if I had AP.. and needed a couple yards.. sure use him.. he did go from the what 8 to the 1.. 4 downs.. why not bulldoze it in.. really glad for the call on 4th. showed gutz, confidence (really with a blitz we might have gotten a saftey had it not gone in), overall i'm happy with the coaching on the O.. 1 penalty (prolly was 2 or 3 more that the ref's didn't see). and for all those who say they can't stand the dink/dunk.. 16 plays on the opening drive.. and the time eating drives throughout.. it might not be as exciting as seeing a 40-50 yrd bomb.. but i'll take it!

Ponder.. GREAT.. and i mean GREAT focus!!! there's a lot of crow to eat if he keeps this up, i heard one of the anal-ytests say.. MN has found their QB. well so far I can't find a reason to say havn't.

AP Rushing vs what was supposed to be THE rush D.. wish he woulda gotten over 100.. he was close to breaking a few open.. maybe had he run those last ones instead of TB. but his total touches is raising and soon he'll be the full package we need him to be!! that catch and extra push to get the 1st was PURE AD!!!btw did anyone notice the key block AP threw on Ponders TD run?

Percy !#$%# damn this kid is fast!! just all over doing whatever he could do to help.. what more can you ask of him.

Kyle well.. he's setting that bar really high for JohnC to come in and prove the value he's demanded. the fact that Ponder knew he'd catch that pass and him to do it 1 handed.. just wow..

WR's a couple drops but on the most part they caught was was catchable and we kept moving.

Oline - 95% of the things i read leading up to the game said this was gonna be a overly matched line battle. SF's MEAN MEAN front 7 would terrorize the vikes Oline.. well... that didn't happen!! sure we didn't overly destroy them. but it was a long hard faught game. kudos!!

D - if this was game planned .. holy shite what a difference! guys stepped up, played with heart and self control. turnover battle was won.. even with TB's fluke string of fumbles.. there were times i was saying to Dad.. well here's were we generally fall apart.. but we didn't.. infact. wtf 4th qtr production from sf was.. nullified!!

Greenway man o man.. everywhere, in control and knowing exactly what he had to do. btw that first sack of Smith was... beautiful!!!!

winny was beat a few times. but also came up large with his brand of run stopping

Dline - great work across the board. holding Gore and keeping preasure on smith.

LB's much better with the blitz disguises, far better run and pass defending. some crucial plays kept us in the lead!

cb's Cook.. is really showing he belongs, JR broke the no int monkey!! good game.. though i think way to much space was given to Moss.. though we wern't really burned for long plays, we got very very lucky on some of those overthrows and drops from their wr's.

Safety after mistackle came out.. we kept playing like 2 starters.. sure the rook made a couple miscues.. coulda helped more on that pass to the 1.. but some big plays and key stops!

Special Teams..
- walsh.. clutch in the FG.. flubbed a few of those kickoffs..
- Punting big K did what we needed him to do..
- SPT .. mistackles were rampent.. toss'd our great avg out the window..
FG block !!! WOOHOOOO that's 1 xp, and 1 fg so far this year!!

the officiating of this game was a joke all around.. many mis calls.. no calls.. for and against us.. though i wouldn't complain it's becoming an issue.. the refs don't know the rules.. can't determine with accuracy a standard play type.. i thin they had 5 flags were they didn't know the number of the guy who did it.. (as evident the ref didn't call a #) i'll stick with the thought that.. ref's don't win/loos games.. if your at the point where one call makes or breaks you.. you didn't play well enouf to win.

all in all.. WHAT A WIN!! this should put all those overly ego'd wanna be intelligent broadcasters/anal-ytests/nfl guru's upside down.. can we say upset of the week????

ohh.. i bet detroit is now saying... ohh crap.. here come the vikes.. instead of.. at least this week it's the vikes..

DiGiTaL

Speaking of him, what was the injury he had?

NodakPaul
09-24-2012, 12:01 PM
So the question now: Do they have any chance of keeping it that together on the field going forward, or was that just a temporary glimpse into what might someday be...???

That is a good question, and my honester is Both.

This is a glimpse of what I believe Musgrave is working toward in our offense. Accurate, methodical, zone beating offense. We are making huge strides and I like it. I feel that we certainly have the talent to continue, but we are still a young team and will have our up and down games. Hopefully more up than down, but if the wheels come off for a game I am not going to go all chicken little like a few will. :)

mountainviking
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
That is a good question, and my honester is Both.

This is a glimpse of what I believe Musgrave is working toward in our offense. Accurate, methodical, zone beating offense. We are making huge strides and I like it. I feel that we certainly have the talent to continue, but we are still a young team and will have our up and down games. Hopefully more up than down, but if the wheels come off for a game I am not going to go all chicken little like a few will. :)

Amen brother! Seeing good play from all three phases vs. "the best team in the NFL" will sustain my patience for several losses, but Hopefully, we won't have to start ticking them off anytime soon with us getting Simpson back and DET's no.27 points/game, no.20 passing yards/game, and 109.3 QB rating allowed!!! I can't wait!

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

SKOL VIKINGS LET'S WIN THE GAME! SKOL VIKINGS HONOR THY NAME!!

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
What a great game.

Coaching. Looked to me like they were really prepared. Props to the coaching staff. Two special mentions....

1. Penalties. Way to go staff. Team looked alot better in this area.

2. DL coach/D-coord. Loved the rotation you had, especially Ballard, Guion, Rob and Griff. Need to see more of that.

Other good stuff....

LB'rs. Not sure about the rest of you but Brinkley sure looked to be back in the proper zone on passing plays. Anyone want to discuss?

DB's. Also had a great game. Anyone notice that the INT came to a DB that was standing all alone in his zone (as the scheme dictates) just waiting on the DL to make the QB throw a bad ball? Anyone want to discuss?

Backups.....Loved how well Jamarcus and Marvelous Marvin Mitchell filled in for starters. Maybe this staff can develop late round picks. Even ole AJ got a nice play in late.

Ponder Ponder Ponder. I don't care what he does the rest of the year. This cat has proved that he can move the team and put points on the board when we need them and in a few instances, he has done it very little time and WR weapons that most on here really doubt if they are weapons or not.

In short, could it be that we are seeing Ponder make WR's look better? Hmmmmmmm. Something to Ponder.

Musgrove. If he wouldn't have passes on 3rd an shorts (when AD was getting 6 - 8 yards) I would have almost called him Musgrave in my post this week. Keep it up Musgrove, you are starting to grow on me.

Coach Williams. Even though I think your sending to many LB'rs and DB's to help get pressure, I did love how you hid it better this week. Additionally, feel free to sit K-dubb and Jared a heck of alot more. You won't get any beyyyyatching out of me.

OL. I love watching Sully, Charlie and Fusco (need a nickname for that cat) pull in unison. I had my grandson in my arms for most of the game (no charting) so I didn't count, but I'm sure I counted at least 5 instances were the G (or G's) were out in front while Sully and the 2 T's sealed the DL. Damn fun to watch.

K-dubb. Yes, we had 2 K-dubb sightings. Other than those nice plays, I saw alot of the un-noticed impact plays coming from your gap as well. I bet you are loving some Ballard and Griff today.

Now the bad.....

Leslie.....Shame on you for letting the 49'rs coaching staff work the refs. Get your ass on the field and get vocal for once.

Toby. Even though they blow the whistle, don't let go of the ball in a scrum.

Refs. Tried their best to give this one away but this game is exactly why I say you can't lose a game to poor refs if you have a lead big enough to overcome a bad call or two. Besides, we did get a few thrown our way as well.....(second TD by Rudy).

Walsh. Don't rush your kicks. Two KOffs (line drives) were exactly why we had to get rid of shortwell. No way you can get good ST's support on crap like that.

Jared. Glad you finally made a play, but damn dude. WTF is up?

In the end, this was a great team effort and is indicative of what we can expect from this team (last week to this week) when it comes to consistency. As I've said several times....Gonna be fun to watch this team grow as they put us through the ups and downs of watching them learn.

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Loved the win! Loved being more aggressive with our passing, but wasn't impressed with trying to run, run, run at the goal line when we were getting stuffed. Passing & YAC got us there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That 4th down pass should have been made on 3rd down

Even our warpig/tech 0 blocked a FG!

I didn't miss Henderson a bit. Brinkley & Greenway stepped up big time.

LOL, you notice were he lined up, and it was on a ST's event, not trying to plug two gaps in the base defense.

On a side note, did you see him playing the 3 tech with Ballard, Griff, and Rob on the field? Those 4 wreaked havoc on the 9rs offense, especially late.

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Absolutely fantastic effort and results. The best I have seen this team play in a long time. While last game they lost to a team they should best, this week they dominated a team they should have lost to.

The defense stepped up and made plays. I almost forgot what it felt like to cheer an INT. the LB's played very well without Henderson,Walsh was a great draft pick.

Some of us never thought he was a reach after watching him a bit last year. :cool:

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 12:57 PM
But fuck Toby Gerhart, did he start the niners defense in his fantasy league today? And fuck Frazier for putting that clown out there after fumbling on 2 consecutive carries and allowing him to fumble a 3rd time. You don't do that shit to Vikings fans who have seen way too many unbelievable loses. Both should be on the unemployment line after that fiasco. Clearly TG had head issues, or sweaty arm bands, or something, you don't put him back out there having fumbled on the 2 previous carries when you're trying to ice a championship quality team. We have AP, PH, and even Asiata on the sidelines, so why was it so important to have TG finish the game?

Why so harsh?

2 of the fumbles were clearly after the whistle blew. I bet if I put your butt in there and you were being bent double over backwards (and you heard it being blown) you'd let go of it as well.

Besides, I'm wondering what you were thinking of him when he came in and converted on a the following key plays:

3rd-2, MIN41 0:44 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the left for 6 yard gain
3rd-10, MIN47 0:26 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the right for 14 yard gain
2nd-3, MIN37 5:59 T. Gerhart rushed to the left for 9 yard gain
San Francisco at Minnesota | Sunday September 23, 2012 | NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120923016&page=plays)

In the end, just like all players, they are going to have issues but to vent on him like that is a bit out of the norm don't you think?

idahovikefan7
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Well I learned to never bet against your team! That great win kicked me out of my survivor league. I figured it would be a win win situation anyway. That win was well worth the $20!

Gotta give the whole team credit for that one. Ponder played great ball the whole game; something I wanted to see! Besides the idiotic ref. mistakes and Gerharts ability to hang onto the damn ball, I couldn't be happier.

Who would've thunk the vikings would start the season with a better record than the Pats and Aints? :crazy:

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The 49ers found themselves struggling in Minnesota on Sunday, unable to move the football consistently or stretch the Vikings’ defense through the air. It was precisely the situation San Francisco added Randy Moss for, right?
Apparently not.
Moss, despite making three catches for 27 yards earlier in the game, spent the fourth quarter of San Francisco’s 24-13 loss on the sidelines, while QB Alex Smith repeatedly looked for Mario Manningham — the other free agent wide receiver brought in by the 49ers this summer, in hopes of sparking an underwhelming passing attack.
Moss’s fourth-quarter benching was made all the more noteworthy by the fact that it came in Minnesota, sight of some of Moss’s greatest years in the NFL.

Randy Moss benched in 49ers’ loss | Audibles (http://nfl.si.com/2012/09/23/randy-moss-benched-in-49ers-loss/)

Two questions....

1. Can we all finally admit he is done?

if not.....

2. Can we admit that our DB's looked pretty good when the DL put consistent pressure on the QB?

tastywaves
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Why so harsh?

2 of the fumbles were clearly after the whistle blew. I bet if I put your butt in there and you were being bent double over backwards (and you heard it being blown) you'd let go of it as well.

Besides, I'm wondering what you were thinking of him when he came in and converted on a the following key plays:

3rd-2, MIN41 0:44 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the left for 6 yard gain
3rd-10, MIN47 0:26 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the right for 14 yard gain
2nd-3, MIN37 5:59 T. Gerhart rushed to the left for 9 yard gain
San Francisco at Minnesota | Sunday September 23, 2012 | NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120923016&page=plays)

In the end, just like all players, they are going to have issues but to vent on him like that is a bit out of the norm don't you think?

What's the definition of insanity again...something about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.

Good to see you out of the closet again. Your relentless defense of your assertions should bring the boards back to life.

Marrdro
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
What's the definition of insanity again...something about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.

Good to see you out of the closet again. Your relentless defense of your assertions should bring the boards back to life.
So you think he was right about Toby?

I do agree to a point, but I blame the coaching staff and the refs (yes, very seldom do I hack on them) more than I do Toby.

Refs......How in the heck can it be a fumble after the whistle blows?

Coaches....If a players is fumbling (The did it right after Percy recovered AD's) you give it to him again to show confidence and hope and pray he doesn't back to back fumble. If he does, you pull his ass and put the other guy back on the field.

tastywaves
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
So you think he was right about Toby?

I do agree to a point, but I blame the coaching staff and the refs (yes, very seldom do I hack on them) more than I do Toby.

Refs......How in the heck can it be a fumble after the whistle blows?

Coaches....If a players is fumbling (The did it right after Percy recovered AD's) you give it to him again to show confidence and hope and pray he doesn't back to back fumble. If he does, you pull his ass and put the other guy back on the field.

Toby lost the ball on 3 consecutive plays. Whether they happened after the whistle or not, he was clearing having a hard time hanging on to the ball.

I don't understand why Frazier didn't take this guy out of the game, especially after the second fumble. I can understand giving him another shot, especially after the debacle that ensued on the first one. But why give it to him the 3rd time? This not only hurts the team's chances of winning the game, it hurts Toby. Why would you want to defend Toby on that?

They decided AD was done, and that was that.

Vikefanman2000
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I havent had a chance to post in a while.....but I might as well take the opportunity after the win over the 49ers! I live near the bay area and work with many 49er fans. After week one, they started their superbowl talk! They gave me crap all week leading up to the game. THANK YOU VIKES! You made my Monday morning! I pulled a recipe for crow off the internet and handed it out to everyone that game me crap all week! :)

SKOL Everyone

tarkenton10
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Well I learned to never bet against your team! That great win kicked me out of my survivor league. I figured it would be a win win situation anyway. That win was well worth the $20!

Gotta give the whole team credit for that one. Ponder played great ball the whole game; something I wanted to see! Besides the idiotic ref. mistakes and Gerharts ability to hang onto the damn ball, I couldn't be happier.

Who would've thunk the vikings would start the season with a better record than the Pats and Aints? :crazy:

And Pukers!!! :crazy:

Marrdro
09-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Toby lost the ball on 3 consecutive plays. Whether they happened after the whistle or not, he was clearing having a hard time hanging on to the ball.

I don't understand why Frazier didn't take this guy out of the game, especially after the second fumble. I can understand giving him another shot, especially after the debacle that ensued on the first one. But why give it to him the 3rd time? This not only hurts the team's chances of winning the game, it hurts Toby. Why would you want to defend Toby on that?

They decided AD was done, and that was that.
I'm not defending anyone. Just wanted to see who you blamed. Coaches or the player.

In the end, I'm leaning towards the coaches. It isn't like they didn't have options at RB. Could have put Percy back there or even let the FB run it.

Course most on here think I stickup for Toby to much anyway. :)

Marrdro
09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I havent had a chance to post in a while.....but I might as well take the opportunity after the win over the 49ers! I live near the bay area and work with many 49er fans. After week one, they started their superbowl talk! They gave me crap all week leading up to the game. THANK YOU VIKES! You made my Monday morning! I pulled a recipe for crow off the internet and handed it out to everyone that game me crap all week! :)

SKOL Everyone

Good to see you back old friend. Going into the game I had 49rs fans emailing/visiting/calling me all week leading up to the game..

Strange....haven't heard a peep all week out of them, Saints fans or PUKER fans......Course I hunted them down..........Love talking football smack.

Been a good week for it.

Traveling_Vike
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
In hindsight, after seeing what hurt the Niners laid on the Jets yesterday, it's pretty obvious that they overlooked us, even coming to our house. That loss PISSED THEM OFF.

Not to take anything away from our boys, they played great for the most part and really brought it.
The coaching staff and team leaders must have (deservedly) lit into the players after the Colts debacle. The biggest difference? What is it that I've been harping on since early last season? DISCIPLINE! It makes so much difference, truly.

I'll maker my comments on the Lions game in that thread, but suffice it to say I am very pleased with what I've seen out of the Vikings these past two weeks, and am looking forward to more of the same in weeks to come.