PDA

View Full Version : Preseason v Bills Game Thread

Webby
08-17-2012, 08:17 PM
How about that sick leap Simpson had?

Got some big yards out of Gerhart, Simpson and Harvin first drive. Not too shabby.

SharperImage
08-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Ponder is forreal baby

ThorSPL
08-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Ponder looked good! Feel better after seeing today's game.

I'm still scared of our OL depth and LB depth.

LIVike
08-17-2012, 09:38 PM
From the few minutes I saw on NFL Network. Josh Robinson for other than one play was always making a play either breaking up a pass or hitting someone. Joe Webb passing wise didnt look to great. Walsh really drilled that last field goal.

iowa
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM
We've gotta figure out a way to get Webb involved with the offense, he's too dangerous of a weapon to sit on the bench. I'd like to see he and Ponder in the backfield together .

MaxVike
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Work in progress...1st Team looked good. Ponder is gonna be a good one methinks...although, I've always thought that. Lemme test this one...he seems like a mobile Tommy Kramer without the 30 pack.

Still have a feeling Rudolph will explode, hope so. I like Gerhart too.

Still concerned about Brinkley. Think we are gonna like Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson for many years.

SharperImage
08-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Stratch Brinkley START AUDIE COLE!!!

Rath
08-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Just posting for the first time now, been through a few sites lately trying to find an active home for my Viking love. :) for the first time in years i felt tonight we have some young talent. Mystral way to step up. Robinson looked good. Audie is the new fav underdog. Ponder played well sans the fade ;) promising night. Granted I know it's preseason, but as a coach of young kids i get progress can mean the world in their confidence.

Randy Moss
08-18-2012, 12:14 AM
+ Ponder was accurate and efficient
+ It was great to see Simpson make a play
+ Toby looked really good again. I'm not concerned about having to limit AP in the beginning of the season. Looks like Marrdro was right.
+ Our OTs were good
+ With JA, KW, and AW back and Harrison Smith starting, our run defense looked good against a good run game
+ Mistral Raymond stepped up today and may have saved his job
+ Blair Walsh was solid even though he did miss one from 51, supposedly the snap was bad on that one
+ Bottom line, our starters just looked better than their starters

- I'm pretty concerned about our depth. Our starters have looked good this preseason, but once we're missing a few people on defense, or a few O-lineman, we've really struggled
- I'm also concerned about Brinkley taking over the starting role and I think the coaching staff is too
- Our starting O-line gave up two sacks right up the middle on the first drive
- Webb can't throw for beans, but he's too talented and athletic to ride the bench

Overall, a pretty solid performance, much better than week 1. I'm excited to see how some of the younger players on this team develop.

PacNWVike
08-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Were the sacks a result of blitzing or did the D lineman beat our guy? If the latter, who was beat?

Webby
08-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Mistral Raymond and Harrison Smith made a decent pairing out there last night.

Maybe Buffalo just isn't very good either.

Culpepper_4717
08-18-2012, 01:24 AM
I wonder If they'll hand out free programs ever again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fglWjfY6nI

thevikingfan
08-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Didnt get to watch the whole game but from the highlight I really liked what i saw from ponder. Defense played much better that last game. Only 6 yards allowed in the first quarter!

PurpleTide
08-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Much better than the 9er game, and hopefully we see even more improvement next week when the starters play most the game.

LIVike
08-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Just saw the highlight of the Simpson hurdle. First off nice pass by ponder. Also noticed that Kalil was sprinting right behind him. Got to love the hustle. I agree as well, Cole played very well

digital420
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
watched the first half.. it's was 5:30 in the second half and passed out. Dad filled me in on the rest.
my 10 observations...

1. Ponder is the QB.. web is.. a project QB, ready RB/WR.. if we use him as such, it'll work into something. maybe next year the BT kid will step into that back up role and web can be his natural talent as a weapon
sage... ty for coming.. there's the door.

2. AP + TG = by far one of the best RB combos!!!

3. Better D.. from 1's to 3's some standouts.. some flashes of greatness.. but it's one pre-season game.. does make the cut down that much harder..

4. depth.. this is a concern.. but not one that is gonna get solved this year. watch next years draft to see backups/depth build with solid talent, and maybe some 2nd year guys pushing for starting spots!

5. kicking... well done kid.. well done..

6. we're gonna miss simpson for those 3 games.. but then.. i'm kinda excited...

7. was it me.. or was there some scheme changes in the middle of that 1st qtr on the front line.. they started slow.. then pushed and shoved the D line around.

8.. refs... omg we need real ones out there.. (this came from watching film today on many games... )

9. Cole? WTF back 2 back plays.. if that's not a .. i want on this team..

10. overall i like the way some of the vets and starters really showed their teeth!! then the 2's and 3's gave coaches a lot of things to discuss. there were many -'s but a lot of +'s. the next 14 days will be tuff on the coaches. they'll cut guys who have given everything, have talent, and probably could play in the league. just hope we don't regret those that go elsewhere..

DiGiTaL

singersp
08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
8.. refs... omg we need real ones out there.. (this came from watching film today on many games... )

Don't know if it made it on TV, but at the end of the 1st quarter, the ref announced it was the end of the first half.

singersp
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fglWjfY6nI

In the 100+ games I've watched at the Metrodome, I've never seen anything like it. It started with the wave, that went around close to 10 times & then the programs started flying & it continued for about an additional 10 times.

Once it did finally settle down, they announced anyone caught throwing debris would be ejected & could lose their season ticket privileges. Near us, we saw 3 different people that got ejected.

Purple Floyd
08-18-2012, 02:24 PM
No Fun League strikes again.

singersp
08-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Ponder looked good & even though all but 1 of his completions were short passes, it was good to see decent YAC as opposed to our receivers being tackled on the spot of the catch.

Walsh kicked & made 2 out of 3 45+ YD FG's & drilled 3 others.

Audie Cole made two nice INT's for TD's right in front of us after most of the fans left the stadium.

The defensive line played much better after doing their "Homework" and allowed only 68 yards rushing, without adding the "war pig" Marrdro desires. Looks like I'll have to bump him down a notch on the ole spreadsheet.

Although better than last year, I'm still not comfortable with our starting OL. Despite playing behind our 1st string line, Ponder had to run the ball more times than Webb "the runner" did & was sacked more as well.

Sendejo, who had a decent game last week, put a nice lick on the Bills receiver & prevented him from scoring the TD.

Webb didn't have a good game, but he looked better than Sage. He didn't take off running unless he had two, which to me further shows they are working with him & trying to change the way he plays.

The other thing I noticed was that Ponder threw the ball deep on 2 passes out of 13 where as Webb threw the ball deep on 4 out of 15. Not sure if there's any significance behind the difference.

Johnson14
08-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Mistral Raymond and Harrison Smith made a decent pairing out there last night..

What he said.

Liked what i saw from Raymond last year and looks to have progressed nicely.

Liked Walsh, kid has a good leg and didn't look flustered at all. Got a glimpse of what Simpson is going to bring, I'm glad he is aboard here.

singersp
08-18-2012, 03:12 PM
3 plays worth re-watching....

Jumpin' Jerome!

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Cant-Miss-Play-Jumpin-Jerome/69a13a57-d3ec-425b-8b17-d72aa8776c59

Audie Cole's 1st Pick Six

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Audie-Coles-First-Pick-Six-vs-Buffalo/50ad994b-24e5-4da7-81a0-6a7c485f6493

Audie Cole's 2nd Pick Six

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Audie-Coles-Second-Pick-Six-vs-Buffalo/247b1c17-6bbc-4497-bfc3-91a7a9875a5c

singersp
08-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Here's our video of it that Joy took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g6ZBv2_QzA&feature=youtu.be

Freakout
08-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Ponder looked good & even though all but 1 of his completions were short passes, it was good to see decent YAC as opposed to our receivers being tackled on the spot of the catch.

Walsh kicked & made 2 out of 3 45+ YD FG's & drilled 3 others.

Audie Cole made two nice INT's for TD's right in front of us after most of the fans left the stadium.

The defensive line played much better after doing their "Homework" and allowed only 68 yards rushing, without adding the "war pig" Marrdro desires. Looks like I'll have to bump him down a notch on the ole spreadsheet.

Although better than last year, I'm still not comfortable with our starting OL. Despite playing behind our 1st string line, Ponder had to run the ball more times than Webb "the runner" did & was sacked more as well.

Sendejo, who had a decent game last week, put a nice lick on the Bills receiver & prevented him from scoring the TD.

Webb didn't have a good game, but he looked better than Sage. He didn't take off running unless he had two, which to me further shows they are working with him & trying to change the way he plays.

The other thing I noticed was that Ponder threw the ball deep on 2 passes out of 13 where as Webb threw the ball deep on 4 out of 15. Not sure if there's any significance behind the difference.

I like seeing the young guys like Sendejo standout. Last week against the 49ers we blitzed him though I cannot remember if he sacked the QB or not. Makes you wonder why we would keep Frampton over him.

Tydreke Powell has moved up the depth chart. Last week he was 4th string. Last night he and Evans took the majority of the snaps at NT. He had a good spin move / qb pressure on the first Audie Cole interception.

2beersTommy
08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
personally I'd like to see them give up on the Webb Qb project & make him a WR..isnt that we drafted him out of college as? Havent been a big Ponder fan, but he looked good last night. The refs..that was a different story..where the F*** did??? they find them?? I never saw so much holding that didnt get called. Ron Yary would have loved those guys!!!

Ohjay
08-19-2012, 12:36 PM
personally I'd like to see them give up on the Webb Qb project & make him a WR..
I couldn't agree more. Trying to change his natural way to play into an unnatural way will not be the best way to preserve the talent in him. In my opinion he lacks the skill set needed as a "traditional" NFL QB, so make him a WR or RB and set up a few option plays for him as QB to surprise the opponent(a wingback/Wing T double-/triple-option comes to mind).
I'm not sure Webb is cut out for a WR role either to be honest, but I haven't seen much of his catching ability to form an honest opinion.

I do like what we were shown in this 2nd preseason game, the OL is better than last year, Ponder gets more time and has improved a lot in his decision-making. If he can stay healthy through the season I think he'll be just fine for years to come for us.
The D-line looked better as well when the starters were playing, but there's still work to be done there.
Audie Cole... just wow! :)
I hope it wasn't just flukes and he can have some more good plays in the next game, not necessarily more pick-6s, but solid D-line work, we need it.

And refs... *facepalms*
The NFL better sort out the situation fast, regular season with the replacements will not be fun.

mountainviking
08-19-2012, 01:22 PM
WoW! What a game!! IF we can get that kind of play out of our starters AND keep them HEALTHY...this team can do some damage and surprise several opponents!!!?!!

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :crazy:

Sure, our depth is lacking at many places, but that is to be expected on a young, rebuilding team...at many positions, our best depth is who is starting at this point! You look at the 49ers, and you see one of last year's best teams with the best record in the NFC, who got better during the off-season, no wonder their depth looks better than ours, it is. To take that a step further, much like Dungy's Bucs, nobody wants to give Singletary any credit for building that team...if he'd had a decent OC while he was there, he might still be their HC.

But Buffalo isn't all that bad either. As I recall, they started off winning, posting a 5-2 record before going downhill. And they added a lot of pieces to defense...did you hear PA talking about their DL? They have 5 guys who at some point led their team in sacks for a season!! Given the talent there, I'd say our OL held up pretty damn well despite the 2 sacks early.

Ponder is progressing very nicely! 10 of 13 is almost 77% completions to 8 different recievers, and with a 13.6 average!!?! Those are better stats than anyone in the league posted over last season! And, at least one of those incompletions was a throw away due to busted protection (leaving the other 2 as sacks?) I don't think he's made a mistake yet this preseason...has he???

Gotta love what Gerhart is doing! Kid does it all and well. We can take our time with AP and make his health our number 1 priority and that is an awesome luxury to have!!!! I actually hope we keep Toby involved when Peterson is back to full health...we signed him to another five years, why not try to keep him effective over the long haul!!?

SO IMPRESSED with the way our starting Safeties played! Raymond was a real nice surprise and Harrison Smith continues to show us "That he is who we thought he was!" NICE! The talking heads say we havn't had good safety play since Sharper, but I keep thinking Joey Browner, and that's along time ago!

Seems like, sooner or later, we'll see some Audie Cole at starting MLB. Brinkley better bring it up a notch, cuz that kid is coming on strong! Both INTs were impressive in the fact that not only did he read the play spot on, but then backed his decision up with leaping-reaching finger-tip catches and ran them home!! WOW!

Webb has a cannon! And runs like he's shot out of one!! ;)
I'm not so ready to call his QB skills crapped out...both of those throws to Aromashadu were just slightly too far out of bounds. Just a tad more touch, and we're raving about Joe's long throws. Lucky for us, he's the backup, so we still, hopefully, have time to develop him into a more complete QB.

STs looks so much better with Walsh kicking! And, the way he nailed most of those FGs, makes me think he'd have a decent shot at a 60 yarder if we needed to take the chance.

SKOL VIKINGS!!! Me thinks we may enjoy this season a bit more than most of us, including me, were originally thinking...I'm starting to think 8-8 is a possibility with a mostly healthy/lucky year.

singersp
08-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Ponder is progressing very nicely! 10 of 13 is almost 77% completions to 8 different recievers, and with a 13.6 average!!?! Those are better stats than anyone in the league posted over last season!

Love your enthusiasm, but lets not crown him better than anyone in the league just yet. It's pretty easy to take a QB' stats from a small piece of a football game or even 1 select game and have it be better than any other QB has done over the course of a season.

Several QB's, including Webb &Tarvaris Jackson have had a game with 77% or better completion with a 13+ yard avg.

BTW, his average was 10.5 & not 13.6.

NodakPaul
08-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Love your enthusiasm, but lets not crown him better than anyone in the league just. It's pretty easy to take a QB' stats from a small piece of a football game or even 1 select game and have it be better than any other QB has done over the course of a season.

Several QB's, including Webb &Tarvaris Jackson have had a game with 77% or better completion with a 13+ yard avg.

Oh for crying out loud.

The kid had a good game - be happy for once. This has nothing to do with TJack or Webb (who BTW, never posted a game with 77%+ and 13+ avg). This is about Christian Ponder - the guy who happens to be the starter for your favorite NFL team. He went out and played a good game. Yes it was preseason, and yes, it was against an admittedly bad team... but it was also a very good performance by Ponder, who spread those 10 receptions to 8 different receivers and was 80% on first and second down passing attempts. Enjoy it!

Why must we be so cynical? It's football season baby! And as of right now, we are all tied for #1. :)

marstc09
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Why must we be so cynical? It's football season baby! And as of right now, we are all tied for #1. :)

Maybe cause he knows Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are and will be #1. Our only chance is a wild card and the Lions look damn good too. Oh and lets not forget about the Bears. That is only the NFC North. I agree he looks much better than last year but it is hard to get excited when that is in everyone's minds. Judging by the lack of activity here....I feel I am not alone.

SharperImage
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM

marstc09
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Asiata is a decent runner.

singersp
08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh for crying out loud.

The kid had a good game - be happy for once. This has nothing to do with TJack or Webb (who BTW, never posted a game with 77%+ and 13+ avg). This is about Christian Ponder - the guy who happens to be the starter for your favorite NFL team. He went out and played a good game. Yes it was preseason, and yes, it was against an admittedly bad team... but it was also a very good performance by Ponder, who spread those 10 receptions to 8 different receivers and was 80% on first and second down passing attempts. Enjoy it!

I am happy that he looked good and stated he looked good in my initial post, but again, it's only a preseason game. He looked good at times last year too, only to disappoint as well.

I relish regular season wins. I don't get visions of playoffs or Super Bowl based on 1+ quarter of QB play. Big expectations usually mean big disappointments to Vikings fans.

I'm not being cynical, I'm being realistic.

BTW, the comparison of Ponder's performance in that game to Webb's & Jackson's was used only to put it into perspective, since many here say they aren't starting material.

TJ was 12 of 15 (80%) for 202 yds (13.5 yd avg) & 2 TD's against KC in 2009. Additionally in 2 regular season games (2008 & 2009) he completed over 80% & a 10.5 yd average or better which is equal to Ponder's 10.5 yard avg.

Webb, just last year was 4 of 5 (80%) for 84 yds (16.8 yd avg) & 2 TD's & had a third TD running the ball against the Redskins in a regular season game. It is the only reason we won that game, yet some fans here still give credit for the win to Ponder.

singersp
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Asiata is a decent runner.

Asiasta is a beast!

He averaged 6.1 yards per carry in that game! That is a better average than anyone's season average last year who rushed for 605 or more yards!!! (32 players)!!!!

(sarcasm off)

singersp
08-19-2012, 04:01 PM

I don't care if he jumps too high as long as he isn't getting high smoking weed.

NodakPaul
08-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I am happy that he looked good and stated he looked good in my initial post, but again, it's only a preseason game. He looked good at times last year too, only to disappoint as well.

I relish regular season wins. I don't get visions of playoffs or Super Bowl based on 1+ quarter of QB play. Big expectations usually mean big disappointments to Vikings fans.

I'm not being cynical, I'm being realistic.

BTW, the comparison of Ponder's performance in that game to Webb's & Jackson's was used only to put it into perspective, since many here say they aren't starting material.

TJ was 12 of 15 (80%) for 202 yds (13.5 yd avg) & 2 TD's against KC in 2009. Additionally in 2 regular season games (2008 & 2009) he completed over 80% & a 10.5 yd average or better which is equal to Ponder's 10.5 yard avg.

Webb, just last year was 4 of 5 (80%) for 84 yds (16.8 yd avg) & 2 TD's & had a third TD running the ball against the Redskins in a regular season game. It is the only reason we won that game, yet some fans here still give credit for the win to Ponder.

lol, whatever. :)

It is about as realistic as you were with Favre. You didn't like the decision to give Ponder the starting job without competition, so you are going to be "realistic" all season long regardless of end result. You were never this "realistic" with TJack.

Screw being realistic. I vote for optimistic. Yeah, I may be disappointed at the end of the road, but at least I am going to enjoy the trip. Skol Vikings!

singersp
08-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Screw being realistic. I vote for optimistic. Yeah, I may be disappointed at the end of the road, but at least I am going to enjoy the trip. Skol Vikings!

You must have forgotten to vote in 2007 & 2008.

I am optimistic, but I'm realistic at the same time. A person doesn't have to be one or the other.

I'm just not going to set my optimism way high up there based on 1 preseason game & because of high goals set by a few players.

Lets not forget the Vikings were 4-9 a week ago with Ponder throwing the ball & they only came up with 2 FG's. Again, it was only preseason & nothing to get all gloom & doom about.

If you're going to glean things out of pre-season games then you should look at both games & not just one.

We're going to win games this year & we're going to make progress in the right direction, but realistically I don't feel we are a playoff caliber team yet.

We need to get better at several positions & even if Ponder is dead acurate on all his passes, receivers need to get open & more importantly catch & hang on to the ball, the latter still being a big concern.

NodakPaul
08-20-2012, 07:59 AM
You must have forgotten to vote in 2007 & 2008.

I am optimistic, but I'm realistic at the same time. A person doesn't have to be one or the other.

I'm just not going to set my optimism way high up there based on 1 preseason game & because of high goals set by a few players.

Lets not forget the Vikings were 4-9 a week ago with Ponder throwing the ball & they only came up with 2 FG's. Again, it was only preseason & nothing to get all gloom & doom about.

If you're going to glean things out of pre-season games then you should look at both games & not just one.

We're going to win games this year & we're going to make progress in the right direction, but realistically I don't feel we are a playoff caliber team yet.

We need to get better at several positions & even if Ponder is dead acurate on all his passes, receivers need to get open & more importantly catch & hang on to the ball, the latter still being a big concern.

Yup, we have big holes to fill. And our depth at pretty much every single position is non-existent. A single injury could put us back to a sub five win season. And I am not gleaning a single thing from a preseason game.

I am simply saying the kid had a good game, it was fun to watch, and I am excited for football season. I see no reason to temper that excitement by comparing him or anyone else to a previous failure or a possibly misused backup QP. I just want to be excited! UNBRIDLED HOMERISM FOR ALL THINGS PURPLE HERE I COME! WHOO HOOO!!!! SKOL VIKINGS! :D

singersp
08-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Yup, we have big holes to fill. And our depth at pretty much every single position is non-existent. A single injury could put us back to a sub five win season. And I am not gleaning a single thing from a preseason game.

I am simply saying the kid had a good game, it was fun to watch, and I am excited for football season. I see no reason to temper that excitement by comparing him or anyone else to a previous failure or a possibly misused backup QP. I just want to be excited! UNBRIDLED HOMERISM FOR ALL THINGS PURPLE HERE I COME! WHOO HOOO!!!! SKOL VIKINGS! :D

If the kid is going to have up & down games, I sure hope we play GB on those good days. Rodgers & GB hasn't looked so good this preseason so far (8-19, 75 yds), albeit it's just preseason for them too. I would love for us to beat them twice this season.

NodakPaul
08-21-2012, 09:57 AM
If the kid is going to have up & down games, I sure hope we play GB on those good days. Rodgers & GB hasn't looked so good this preseason so far (8-19, 75 yds), albeit it's just preseason for them too. I would love for us to beat them twice this season.

If we beat Green Bay twice this season I would be ecstatic. Hell, if we beat them once this season I will sport a chubby...

mountainviking
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM

I'd love for us to beat them even once this season! Even if its week 17 and they're resting all their starters!!! ;) Doh!!

HEY
08-21-2012, 02:35 PM
It was a joy to watch this game (even if it was just preseason).
Why? Because I saw A LOT of positive signs from my favorite team in the world. The Vikings looked good in all phases of the game. The linebackers looked good, Erin, Greenway, and another backup backer (no pun intended) looked great against the run. And Audie Cole... WOW! The player of the game, no scratch that: the player of Week 2 of preseason. I know it's just two plays, but wow I don't think I have ever seen a player make such an impact on two plays. Just think about it for a second!

Audie Cole scored TWO touchdowns in under 30 seconds... AND HE PLAYS DEFENSE!!!!

Christian Ponder looks sharp. I like what I see! The tights ends looks very good. We have nice depth here even though the guys behind Rudolph and Carlson are pretty much unknown. As for Rudolph... holy sh*t this guy can be the new Gronkowski. Just stay healthy!

The receivers are right now the biggest question mark on the team and that makes it the weakest position too in my opinion. Good thing that we are in a very good situation at tight end and running back so it can take some pressure of the WR's.
BUT... Even the wide receivers left me with a positive impression. Especially Jerome Simpson. This guy can be a star. Him and Percy Harvin could compliment each other in a very good way, but behind those two... HELP!

As for the running backs, Matt Asiata seems to have a knack of finding open holes and he might not have top speed, but he has good burst and I'll take that over speed any day of the week for a half back. The only other running back who definitely impressed is Toby Gerhart. He is of starter caliber.... and he almost made me not miss Adrian Peterson.... almost.

The defensive line dominated, and even some of those backups had impressive pass rush (but have to consider that they went against other backups and played in a preferable pass-rush situation). The offensive line looked okay, but didn't pay much attention to it. What I DID pay extra attention to, was the safeties, and I can say that I was very impressed with both the starters. Mistral Raymond is really growing on me and I like his smarts and instincts. Harrison Smith is of the same mold and as of now I like those two to be the starters. I liked how Minnesota played Smith at Free Safety and Raymond at Strong Safety at times. Another safety who impressed, was surprisingly newcomer Andrew Sendejo. He is young and has good safety size. And I like the way he plays. He also looks great on special teams and I think he has outplayed Eric Frampton (who is getting old and is small for a safety). He should make the roster in my opinion. Only other safety I like better at the moment, besides Smith and Raymond, is Jamarca Sanford.

Oh yeah... and the Blair White project looks VERY nice so far. Longwell who?

singersp
08-22-2012, 06:33 AM
[COLOR="#000000"]
Matt Asiata seems to have a knack of finding open holes and he might not have top speed, but he has good burst and I'll take that over speed any day of the week for a half back.

Asiata is one of those names that look great on the back of a jersey. If he pans out, I might have to get me one.