PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gordon to the Vikings?

singersp
07-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Is Josh Gordon a target for the Vikings?

Josh Gordon could be draft target for the Minnesota Vikings : Minnesota Vikings (http://www.rantsports.com/minnesota-vikings/2012/07/09/nfl-rumors-is-josh-gordon-a-target-for-the-vikings/)

thorshammer
07-11-2012, 07:06 PM
a big receiver with that kind of speed ... probably worth the risk ... 6'4 and 4.3 speed and soft hands and makes something out of nothing .... say no more.

marshallvike
07-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Kind of surprising a program would drop a player of that caliber. He was stupid enough to fail a drug test after he had already had an arrest for drug possession. This could go either way. Hopefully the kid realizes how much this has screwed up his life and is serious about turning thing around. Like to see people make good with second chances.

Ultimate Texans Former Baylor WR Josh Gordon hopes to leave his past behind him (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/07/former-baylor-wr-josh-gordon-hopes-to-leave-his-past-behind-him/)

They (scouts) want to know what kind of character guy I am, he said. They want to know if I can be trusted. They want to know if Im going to be a guy that always has off-the-field issues. I want to make it clear Im not going to be that guy.

I know how much heartache it caused my family, how much strain it put on me and my family. I dont plan to ever go back there again.

tastywaves
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
a big receiver with that kind of speed ... probably worth the risk ... 6'4 and 4.3 speed and soft hands and makes something out of nothing .... say no more.

His Pro Day workout numbers had him at 4.52/4.55 depending on which time you consider offiical. His height was 6'3 1/8 and 224lbs. Apparently he caught everything thrown his way. Puts him in more of the Sydney Rice category, which isn't bad.

He pulled his quad on his second 40 attempt, so didn't finish the rest of the drills.

Not a freakish athlete by any means, but he is the prototypical WR teams are looking for. Good size and good hands.

Someone will give him a chance, if he keeps his head into it, he might just have a good career. I do see a fair amount of risk with this guy though.

C Mac D
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
His Pro Day workout numbers had him at 4.52/4.55 depending on which time you consider offiical. His height was 6'3 1/8 and 224lbs. Apparently he caught everything thrown his way. Puts him in more of the Sydney Rice category, which isn't bad.

He pulled his quad on his second 40 attempt, so didn't finish the rest of the drills.

Definitely sounds like Sidney Rice.

thorshammer
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Browns got him .... did we even try ???

NodakPaul
07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Browns got him .... did we even try ???

We didn't really have a chance to. The way the supplemental pick works is a team can select a player each round - but they forfeit their corresponding pick in the next draft. So if a team took a player in the first round of the 2012 supplemental draft, they forfeit their first round pick in the 2013 draft.

The Browns got the second overall pick. The Vikings got the sixth. Nobody took him (or anyone else) in the first round, and the Browns beat us to him in the second round.

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that. Even second might have been high. I would have snatched him up in the third though.

thorshammer
07-12-2012, 08:43 PM
We didn't really have a chance to. The way the supplemental pick works is a team can select a player each round - but they forfeit their corresponding pick in the next draft. So if a team took a player in the first round of the 2012 supplemental draft, they forfeit their first round pick in the 2013 draft.

The Browns got the second overall pick. The Vikings got the sixth. Nobody took him (or anyone else) in the first round, and the Browns beat us to him in the second round.

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that. Even second might have been high. I would have snatched him up in the third though.
Makes sense. Would have been nice to take a chance in the third perhaps.

kevoncox
07-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Question....would you take him over Ashlon Jefferies? Caue he was a 2nd round pick. My guess i no.

singersp
07-13-2012, 07:24 AM

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that.

Agreed. He definitely wasn't worth the #4 pick overall.

tastywaves
07-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Question....would you take him over Ashlon Jefferies? Caue he was a 2nd round pick. My guess i no.

No, I wouldn't. Cleveland is taking a pretty big chance on the guy IMO.

vikinggreg
10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
In July, the Browns picked receiver Josh Gordon in .....supplemental draft....... We signed Josh Gordon, and I said, Whos Josh Gordon? Childress explained to the media on Thursday.

LINK

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/18/brad-childress-didnt-know-who-josh-gordon-was/)and this guy was a big part of our draft for years......looks like more people here knew who Gordon was before Brad did

singersp
10-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Whose Brad Childress?

vikinggreg
10-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Whose Brad Childress?

The guy that runs the team airport shuttle service for the players

AngloVike
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
LINK

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/18/brad-childress-didnt-know-who-josh-gordon-was/)and this guy was a big part of our draft for years......looks like more people here knew who Gordon was before Brad did

well to be fair Childress was only ever a QB guru so wouldn't expect him to know much about any other position on the team :D

Minniman
10-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Josh Gordon can stretch the field and catch deep passes. He is just what the Vikings need.

Harvin, Simpson, and Gordon would have been nice, but the Browns took him early in the SD.

Childress is sort of an idiot at times. Well, he knows who Gordon is now.

vikinggreg
01-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Well Gordon has tested positive for alcohol and now faces a one year ban

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/josh-gordon-tests-positive-for-alcohol-faces-one-year-ban/

Guess Vikes won't be replacing Jerome Simpson with this deep threat.....in 2015

BadlandsVikings
01-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Well Gordon has tested positive for alcohol and now faces a one year ban

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/josh-gordon-tests-positive-for-alcohol-faces-one-year-ban/

Guess Vikes won't be replacing Jerome Simpson with this deep threat.....in 2015

are they any other alchoholics we can go after?

Suick
01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
That's why I never went pro............ can't go 2-3 days without a cold one.:D

marshallvike
01-27-2015, 08:47 AM
I love seeing these old threads. Hope nobody comes up with some of the things I have said in the past.

Marrdro
01-28-2015, 07:31 AM
I was basically called a yutz on several of the sites I frequent when I said no to going after this cat this offseason.

Now everyone seems to want to claim they never wanted him.

As my good friend Singersp always says, "I wish there was a search funtion on FB so that you could pull up old posts like we can do on here". :clap:

tarkenton10
01-28-2015, 12:56 PM
I was basically called a yutz on several of the sites I frequent when I said no to going after this cat this offseason.

Now everyone seems to want to claim they never wanted him.

As my good friend Singersp always says, "I wish there was a search funtion on FB so that you could pull up old posts like we can do on here". :clap:

I have to say I would have liked him in Minnesota. Glad they didn't go after him now, boy I am having a bad year when it comes to Browns players. I wanted Manziel too, what was I thinking? He has many tools to be great but so many red flags, that I see now.

Marrdro
01-29-2015, 07:17 AM
I can honestly say I didn't want 2 of the top QB's that went in the first round. Those being JM and our guy Teddy.

Not ashamed to admit I was wrong on ole Teddy. But hey, I don't have a very good track record when it comes to QB's, going all the way back when I wanted them to trade picks to get Cutler. :)

I have to say I would have liked him in Minnesota. Glad they didn't go after him now, boy I am having a bad year when it comes to Browns players. I wanted Manziel too, what was I thinking? He has many tools to be great but so many red flags, that I see now.

tarkenton10
01-29-2015, 08:20 AM
I can honestly say I didn't want 2 of the top QB's that went in the first round. Those being JM and our guy Teddy.

Not ashamed to admit I was wrong on ole Teddy. But hey, I don't have a very good track record when it comes to QB's, going all the way back when I wanted them to trade picks to get Cutler. :)

I wanted Bortles so bad but that went out the window quite early. I didn't want either of them but I wanted Manziel more than TB. I thought we should have tried to get Carr in the second or I liked Mettenburger in the later rounds. I too am surprised with TB and he looks like he could be a decent QB for us,

How are you doing my old friend, long time, no see?

Marrdro
02-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I wanted Bortles so bad but that went out the window quite early. I didn't want either of them but I wanted Manziel more than TB. I thought we should have tried to get Carr in the second or I liked Mettenburger in the later rounds. I too am surprised with TB and he looks like he could be a decent QB for us,

How are you doing my old friend, long time, no see?

Doing great, thanks for asking. I'm a fat guy in a skinny body. Had gatric bypass Sep of 2013. Went from 298 to 168 in about 6 months.

I've leveled back out at 183ish now and don't have any of the "Complications" associated with being obese.

Only real issue is trying to keep a job. My contract keeps getting re-bid every year, vice every 6 years the way it used to work so I don't have much long term stability.

Other than that. Life is grand. :)

BadlandsVikings
02-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Doing great, thanks for asking. I'm a fat guy in a skinny body. Had gatric bypass Sep of 2013. Went from 298 to 168 in about 6 months.

I've leveled back out at 183ish now and don't have any of the "Complications" associated with being obese.

Only real issue is trying to keep a job. My contract keeps getting re-bid every year, vice every 6 years the way it used to work so I don't have much long term stability.

jobs are overrated....start selling some of your spreadsheets

vikinggreg
02-14-2015, 09:08 AM

Life sounds like a whirlwind, I'm am not so sure what the deal is with weight when you get around the half century mark myself.......gone from 185 to a 210 running, cycling, mountain climbing, salad eating........I quit smoking 2 years ago......I had lost 140 lbs and my blood pressure and cholesterol hit new lows but the doctor says getting away from my ex-wife isn't "technically" losing 140...........now I have a redhead girlfriend that is crazy so something have elevated ;)

RK.
02-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Life sounds like a whirlwind, I'm am not so sure what the deal is with weight when you get around the half century mark myself.......gone from 185 to a 210 running, cycling, mountain climbing, salad eating........I quit smoking 2 years ago......I had lost 140 lbs and my blood pressure and cholesterol hit new lows but the doctor says getting away from my ex-wife isn't "technically" losing 140...........now I have a redhead girlfriend that is crazy so something have elevated ;)

Now thats funny. I went back to doing Aikido and dropped from 205 down to 180. Nothing like doing rolls and falls to take off the weight. Its a complete body workout. However a redheaded girl friend ought to be good for a few pounds. :hump:

AngloVike
02-17-2015, 06:23 AM

well they tend to be further down on your spreadsheets.... we all know your higher rankings are for war pigs and ex-packers :rofl:

tarkenton10
02-17-2015, 08:13 AM

Good to hear that you are doing well. My mother struggled with obesity all of her life, it is more difficult than most imagine. The usual attitude is stop eating, they are so misinformed. I hope you continue to do well and I am sure a Vikings super bowl will help with your state of being!!

Take care my friend!

Tark

Marrdro
03-03-2015, 02:13 PM
well they tend to be further down on your spreadsheets.... we all know your higher rankings are for war pigs and ex-packers :rofl:

You can still crack me up old friend. :)

Marrdro
03-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Good to hear that you are doing well. My mother struggled with obesity all of her life, it is more difficult than most imagine. The usual attitude is stop eating, they are so misinformed. I hope you continue to do well and I am sure a Vikings super bowl will help with your state of being!!

Take care my friend!

Tark
Doing lots of running. Bought some real running shoes the other day. Put a 5 miler down with 10:15 avg per mile.

Marrdro
03-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Now thats funny. I went back to doing Aikido and dropped from 205 down to 180. Nothing like doing rolls and falls to take off the weight. Its a complete body workout. However a redheaded girl friend ought to be good for a few pounds. :hump:

Another good one (Red head comment) :)

Marrdro
03-03-2015, 02:16 PM
jobs are overrated....start selling some of your spreadsheets
Ole BLV. :)