PDA

View Full Version : Cris Carter authorized bounties

singersp
05-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Ex-Viking Carter admits to authorizing bounties
Football: NFL Sports News at wabc (http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&sa=NFL&eid=7907610)

Cris Carter reveals he used bounties while with Vikings, EaglesNFL.com
Cris Carter reveals he used bounties while with Vikings, Eagles - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f6148/article/former-vikings-eagles-wr-cris-carter-says-he-used-bounties)

Marrdro
05-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Uhhhh Ohhhhhh, this is going to pop a lot of Vikings fans bubbles (on the facebook site) that told me it wasn't something that was prevalent around the league but only really a Aint's thing.

You know what else hasn't gotten much play? That we were caught CHEATING in an effort to get UDFA's in before other teams.

LOL, were is the crowd calling for us to give up draft picks over that next year?

I guess we have a bit of a duality issue around these here parts when it comes to teams doing things that break the rules ehhhhhh.

singersp
05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
I guess we have a bit of a duality issue around these here parts when it comes to teams doing things that break the rules ehhhhhh.

You're first noticing double-standards now?

Marrdro
05-09-2012, 06:08 AM
You're first noticing double-standards now?
LOL, you know better than that. Just forgot to put in the "Sarcsim Alert" thing......:D

Formo
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Uhhhh Ohhhhhh, this is going to pop a lot of Vikings fans bubbles (on the facebook site) that told me it wasn't something that was prevalent around the league but only really a Aint's thing.

You know what else hasn't gotten much play? That we were caught CHEATING in an effort to get UDFA's in before other teams.

LOL, were is the crowd calling for us to give up draft picks over that next year?

Only the difference between Carter's 'bounties' and Vilma's was like night and day.

Carters=protect my ass
Vilmas=break his ankle

Hmmmm..

RK.
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
After reading Carters comments I think he may have taken a couple more big hits to the head than he is admitting to. :think: He seems to be confusing the term reward with the term bounty. Rewarding your team mates for protecting you is different that paying your team mates to injure someone. :rolleyes:

C Mac D
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I look at this as a sad attempt by Carter to get his name in the headlines again. The guy yearns for the spotlight.

NodakPaul
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I look at this as a sad attempt by Carter to get his name in the headlines again. The guy yearns for the spotlight.

Yeah, this reeks of attention whoring.

tastywaves
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Agreed. Don't think he said anything significant, just trying to get people to mention him.

singersp
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
After reading Carters comments I think he may have taken a couple more big hits to the head than he is admitting to. :think: He seems to be confusing the term reward with the term bounty. Rewarding your team mates for protecting you is different that paying your team mates to injure someone. :rolleyes:

Damn! If only Vilma had said he would "reward" a player with $10,000 for taking a player out, he wouldn't be suspended.

sarcasm off

Formo
05-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Damn! If only Vilma had said he would "reward" a player with $10,000 for taking a player out, he wouldn't be suspended.

sarcasm off

Wrong semantics. Taking a player out does not equal protection (he never described what type of protection he wanted outside of just making sure Romanowski doesn't touch him). There's a huge difference between the two.

That said, Bill Romanowski was on Dan Patrick's show today and said the whole bit was hogwash. I'm not sure I believe Bill, but also not sure I believe Carter, either.

Chances are the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Marrdro
05-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Only the difference between Carter's 'bounties' and Vilma's was like night and day.

Carters=protect my ass
Vilmas=break his ankle

Hmmmm..

You didn't really listen to CC then did you.

Marrdro
05-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Sad but true.

Formo
05-10-2012, 09:27 PM
You didn't really listen to CC then did you.

I did. And I read what he wrote. Then I listened to Romanowski's comments.

I have no clue what was going on in Cris's mind when he decided to say what he did, but regardless, it was something stupid to say.

That said, there's still a significant difference between Carter's 'bounties' and the Aint's..