PDA

View Full Version : Name 2 players you want the Vikings to draft?

MorrisCaliborne
04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Name 2 players you want the Vikings to draft?

Mine would be cornerback Morris Claiborne from Louisana State and wide receiver Ryan Broyles from the Sooners

You?

i_bleed_purple
04-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Kalil and a WR

purplepat
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Realistic, as in players we expect to be there at #3 and #35, or just anywhere in the draft?

Scenario 1A - Kalil at #3, Mohammed Sanu at #35 (wish we could move down in the 2nd though)

Scenario 1B - Claiborne at #3, Bobby Massie at #35

tarkenton10
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Kalil at #3 and #35 Lavonte David

bleedpurple
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
#1. Khalil and a WR (steven hill, randle from LSU)

#2. Khalil and Dre. Kirkpatrick

tarkenton10
04-17-2012, 11:26 AM
#1. Khalil and a WR (steven hill, randle from LSU)

#2. Khalil and Dre. Kirkpatrick

Out of the two scenarios I think Randle will be the only one there at #35.

MorrisCaliborne
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Realistic, as in players we expect to be there at #3 and #35, or just anywhere in the draft?

Scenario 1A - Kalil at #3, Mohammed Sanu at #35 (wish we could move down in the 2nd though)

Scenario 1B - Claiborne at #3, Bobby Massie at #35

Anywhere in the draft

bleedpurple
04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Out of the two scenarios I think Randle will be the only one there at #35.

maybe maybe not... kirkpatrick has off field issues teams may not take him in the first... WR is soo deep some guys may slip.. plus Hill is really raw so it's possible he could be there too...

tarkenton10
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
maybe maybe not... kirkpatrick has off field issues teams may not take him in the first... WR is soo deep some guys may slip.. plus Hill is really raw so it's possible he could be there too...

I think the Cowboys will pick Kirkpatrick, his skill set has Cowboys written all over him. Too many people in the first round need a WR. I think he may go to the Bengals with their second pick. Here are some other I feel have a WR need at the end of the first round - Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, & Baltimore. Now Blackmon and Floyd should be gone by #15. Hill is arguably the third WR that will go off the board so who will take him? Cleveland may unless they want Balckmon at 4, Pittsburgh may if anyone takes Wallace from them. Denver would be dangerous with another big WR threat, and Baltimore who has Anquon Boldin but I don't think of him as a #1 and they need a threat opposite him. Chicago needs a true #1 also, Johnny knox is good but I don't think they have anyone else.

SharperImage
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Khalil is a given so ill go

Ashlon Jeffries and Tommy Streeter

marshallvike
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the Cowboys will pick Kirkpatrick, his skill set has Cowboys written all over him. Too many people in the first round need a WR. I think he may go to the Bengals with their second pick. Here are some other I feel have a WR need at the end of the first round - Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, & Baltimore. Now Blackmon and Floyd should be gone by #15. Hill is arguably the third WR that will go off the board so who will take him? Cleveland may unless they want Balckmon at 4, Pittsburgh may if anyone takes Wallace from them. Denver would be dangerous with another big WR threat, and Baltimore who has Anquon Boldin but I don't think of him as a #1 and they need a threat opposite him. Chicago needs a true #1 also, Johnny knox is good but I don't think they have anyone else.

Bears picked up Brandon Marshall for a 3rd rounder.
Nice work by our front office getting on top of that one.

MorrisCaliborne
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM

Bears traded for Brandon Marshall so they have Devin Hester, Brandon Marshall, and Johnny Knox, not a bad wide receiver corps

ShowingMyHorns
04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
1# Blackmon
2# Kirkpatrick

The vikings should not listen to me... but i like playmakers, OL draft picks bore me :cool:

tarkenton10
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Bears traded for Brandon Marshall so they have Devin Hester, Brandon Marshall, and Johnny Knox, not a bad wide receiver corps

sorry forgot about that one.

tastywaves
04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
sorry forgot about that one.

And the always underperforming Roy Williams.

battleaxe4cheese
04-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Kalil/Hill The end.

12purplepride28
04-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Kalil and Alshon Jeffery or Stephen Hill or Lavonte David.

This is my dream scenario: Andrew Luck and Justin Blackmon.

tarkenton10
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Kalil and Alshon Jeffery or Stephen Hill or Lavonte David.

This is my dream scenario: Andrew Luck and Justin Blackmon.

Your dream scenario is just that, there is no way the Vikes get two of the top 5 picks in the draft unless they give away the rest of the draft. I like floyd better anyhow. Your first draft scenario is attainable, I think Jeffries and David will be there at 35. I think we would have to trade into the last half of the first round for hill but it could be done.

12purplepride28
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Your dream scenario is just that, there is no way the Vikes get two of the top 5 picks in the draft unless they give away the rest of the draft. I like floyd better anyhow. Your first draft scenario is attainable, I think Jeffries and David will be there at 35. I think we would have to trade into the last half of the first round for hill but it could be done.

Obviously I wasn't being serious :irked:

tarkenton10
04-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Obviously I wasn't being serious :irked:

Sorry, but you did write " I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts". I guess next time should adjust my expectations, huh!!!

12purplepride28
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Sorry, but you did write " I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts". I guess next time should adjust my expectations, huh!!!

Yah I can't figure how to change that. I'm 20 now.

And I think I've been around long enough to make it known that I at least know how the game of football works, and that it's impossible to get the top pick and the top WR. My actual dream scenario is Luck, Griffin, Blackmon, Kalil, Claiborne, Reiff, Stephen Hill, Lavonte David, and Quentin Coples.

Marrdro
04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
First 2 picks.......

Kalil - Obvious reasons.

Harrison Smith - I hope he makes it into the second round to us but doubt it.

kevoncox
04-21-2012, 05:08 PM
First 2 picks.......

Kalil - Obvious reasons.

Harrison Smith - I hope he makes it into the second round to us but doubt it.

He'll be there. Teams know that these saftey prospects are all flawed. They will take their time on drafting them. Expect him to get drafted mid 2nd round.

kevoncox
04-21-2012, 05:11 PM
If we stay pat at #3. Kalil and Jefferies. We need a big target that can jump and catch. I wouldn't mind taking Streeter in the 4th either. Two big target guys with plenty of foot speed makes me smile. You have a big outside guy in Streeter as vertical threat. You have Jefferys to play the Boldin routes and Harvin just eats the underneath up. Throw in one of out TEs to make things interesting and we have the makings of an offense.

12purplepride28
04-22-2012, 01:30 AM
If we stay pat at #3. Kalil and Jefferies.

It's Alshon Jeffery

Marrdro
04-22-2012, 04:23 AM
He'll be there. Teams know that these saftey prospects are all flawed. They will take their time on drafting them. Expect him to get drafted mid 2nd round.
I hope your right. Class is pretty thin so I don't see many teams picking guys up and then letting vets go.

Makes me wonder why they haven't signed Hussain. My guess, even though they've expressed interest, the offer might be low because of the concussions.