PDA

View Full Version : Vikings sign Lex Hilliard

skum
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenHeitner/statuses/181532195821858817

Served as third string RB with Dolphins and also had spells at FB.

Didnt reciever a tender from the Dolphins.

Lex Hilliard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_Hilliard)

Lex Hilliard, RB for the Miami Dolphins at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/lexhilliard/256/profile)

kevoncox
03-18-2012, 09:37 PM
They must have really liked his 2.6 yards a carry average.

skum
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
For me its not so much about the signing, because it could end being okay, its just the complete ignorance of the needs at DB, WR, LB and OL that is so frustrating.

Ranger
03-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Thank god running back has been addressed. Now we just need to sign three or four insurance/depth punters, and we'll be ready to challenge for the throne.

singersp
03-19-2012, 05:56 AM
When I was looking at our roster, our needs & all the positions that need better starters & backups, I completely missed the need for a 5th RB.

Good catch Rick! *rolls eyes*

Looks like we got Spielmaned again.

Purple Floyd
03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
When I was looking at our roster, our needs & all the positions that need better starters & backups, I completely missed the need for a 5th RB.

Looks like we have our own version of getting "Rick Rolled"

El Vikingo
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Now we have a point guard and a Running Back ,time to take a long snapper with our first rounder

Purple Mk1
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
You're forgetting the glaring hole at shortstop. I think that'll be where Spielman goes with the first round pick.

vikinggreg
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
We still need a big goalie to play nose tackle, not sure where Marty has this guy on his spread sheets

http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/840000/840275_ba3b_625x1000.jpg

bleedpurple
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Spielmangate..... at it's finest.. the fix is in... no pun intended!!!

BBQ Platypus
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
So, in summary, Spielman has chosen to rebuild the Vikings by completely ignoring all the gaping holes in their roster that no two or three top-quality drafts put together could completely fill and instead signing sub-mediocre talent at positions at which there is absolutely no need whatsoever. It should be noted that it is debatable whether he has ever had even one draft which could be considered "top-quality" in his entire career.

"Interesting strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off."

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
I've been trying to tell you guys since the beinging of the FA period. This guy is clueless. Why are we signing these guys. I know our team is a mess but are you telling me that you can't find 1 WR that would like to be a #1 here than a #5 on another team.

The pats just signed Stallworth. They have Welker, Lloyd, Gonzales. Yet none of those guys wanted to be our "#1". They also just signed Robert Gallery to play backup. We don't even have a starter. So now we are going to be pigeon held into drafting guard to start with our 2nd pick.
I'm all for a youth movement but the youths on our team have no talent. Why put them out there?
Fire Spielman.....Bring back Chilly, at least he knew how to keep this idiot in his place.

skum
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
And just to waste our money even more, we set up a visit with Colts FB Jerome Felton per ESPN1500

Vikings will visit with FB Felton - Minnesota Vikings - CBSSports.com RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17905985)

i_bleed_purple
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
And just to waste our money even more, we set up a visit with Colts FB Jerome Felton per ESPN1500

Vikings will visit with FB Felton - Minnesota Vikings - CBSSports.com RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17905985)

Thank god!

Turboe
03-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Don't look now but it appears we may have our sights set on filling that ever important 6th running back slot. I am watching NFL Network and saw the Viking logo on the bottom I got all excited that we might have done something good... Hit rewind to see this.

...Jason La Canfora reports Free-Agent FB Jerome Felton will visit the Vikings...

What?

Thank God we didn't bring in Laron Landry to talk before he signed in NY, or someone else at a position other than running back. I see the plan now. We stockpile running backs until no other team is able to sign any and then they will all come groveling to us with any draft picks or player trades we want in order to access our unbelievable stockpile of talent at that position.

Oops guess I was a little slow with that Breaking News. Good news travels fast...

Turboe
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Now we have a point guard and a Running Back ,time to take a long snapper with our first rounder

I think they were thinking with as bad as the Lakers needed a point guard that they might be able to trade this Nicholas Taylor to the them for Pau Gasol. Can you imagine him at WR? I mean we are talking Matt Jones with a better accent and razor stubble.

Unfortunately we even messed that up since the Lakers got Ramon Sessions at the trade deadline from the Cleveland Cavaliers, we are screwed. Maybe we can package Taylor in a deal for the Browns to move up in the draft then the Browns can just ship him across town to the Cavs and everyone is happy.

Sorry for the scrambled thoughts, I think I must have hit the bottle a little early today, but that seems to be the fate of a Vikings fan who is paying more than casual attention these days.

battleaxe4cheese
03-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Why do I have this thick feeling of doom looming over me right now? 3-13 might be looking pretty good at the end of this season. I will say this, Ricky Retardo must have his rivals extremely confused with his complex strategy because Vikings fans are scratching their heads like Stan Laurel with lice.

I have discovered a bright side to being 3-13, you can't lose more than three more games the next season.

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Why do I have this thick feeling of doom looming over me right now? 3-13 might be looking pretty good at the end of this season. I will say this, Ricky Retardo must have his rivals extremely confused with his complex strategy because Vikings fans are scratching their heads like Stan Laurel with lice.

I have discovered a bright side to being 3-13, you can't lose more than three more games the next season.

Ahahaha!
Smh What are we doing?

Randy Moss
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
This should put us over the top

Turboe
03-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Since we are stockpiling RBs what does everyone think of getting a QB who is a RB as well? Tebow to the Vikings? Just kidding!

I was thinking about posting a thread with that title, but I didn't want to completely send people off the deep end who already are on edge around here.

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Since we are stockpiling RBs what does everyone think of getting a QB who is a RB as well? Tebow to the Vikings? Just kidding!

I was thinking about posting a thread with that title, but I didn't want to completely send people off the deep end who already are on edge around here.
They are on edge because they want to pretend we know what we are doing. Yet, we will see more and more that they Vikes don't have a clue. We are IMHO the worst team in the league. I can't think of a team that is in a worst position than we are. Miami maybe but they have a full fledge defense. We don't! Even the Seahawks and Rams look to have us licked.

bleedpurple
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
They must have really liked his 2.6 yards a carry average.

They are on edge because they want to pretend we know what we are doing. Yet, we will see more and more that they Vikes don't have a clue. We are IMHO the worst team in the league. I can't think of a team that is in a worst position than we are. Miami maybe but they have a full fledge defense. We don't! Even the Seahawks and Rams look to have us licked.

as messed up as that sounds... your are probably very close to on the mark... one could argue, miami and maybe Jax... overall, with the front office and the product on the field.. i would agree we are prob the worst... the stadium sit. seals the deal however.!!!

Gotta love those Wilf's....

bleedpurple
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
parcels anyone?