PDA

View Full Version : Vikings re-sign DT Fred Evans

FuadFan
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
https://twitter.com/#/ProFootballTalk/status/180839871563300864

Like it or not looks as though the Vikings will make due at DT with what we had last year so don't hope they use any early picks if even any at all on the position.

Marrdro
03-23-2012, 04:36 AM
What a waste.

On a side note, I'm not reading it the way you are my friend. I see this as an insurance policy if the guy the want doesn't slip into the 3rd. If he doesn't, then they will have to take one of the 0 technique projectes, hope that Guion can make the transition to that position and if not, then they will go with Fred.

marshallvike
03-23-2012, 10:39 AM
What a waste.

On a side note, I'm not reading it the way you are my friend. I see this as an insurance policy if the guy the want doesn't slip into the 3rd. If he doesn't, then they will have to take one of the 0 technique projectes, hope that Guion can make the transition to that position and if not, then they will go with Fred.

It may be they are waiting until next years draft for a NT. We will get our LT this year, and the draft is deep at CB and WR so we may as well fill those positions of need in a year that features those spots. We have too many holes to fill in one year.

kevoncox
03-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I think Fred is a 3 not a 0 and that is why his play has regressed. When he was at his best he was Kevin's backup and he wreccked havoc doing so. Another case of this FO trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

vikesrgreat2
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
The front office does seem to have a gift of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, and vice versa.

Marrdro
03-24-2012, 02:02 AM
It may be they are waiting until next years draft for a NT. We will get our LT this year, and the draft is deep at CB and WR so we may as well fill those positions of need in a year that features those spots. We have too many holes to fill in one year.
You might be right, but this will be the third year in a row they could get one of the warpigs.

Lets see if they try of if they go out and draft yet again another CB and a couple more 3 techniques.

For all the picks we've spent on them we could have moved up and taken a guy who would really solve our problem.

Marrdro
03-24-2012, 02:03 AM
The front office does seem to have a gift of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, and vice versa.
I hear ya my friend, but I also think its a mix of the FO pukes and a coaching staff that doesn't know what to do with the square pegs the FO pukes are giving them.

Take a look at how bad Load regressed last year. It isnt like he forgot how to play the game. Someone is trying to teach him and it isn't a FO puke.

Marrdro
03-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I think Fred is a 3 not a 0 and that is why his play has regressed. When he was at his best he was Kevin's backup and he wreccked havoc doing so. Another case of this FO trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
As usual, that makes sense Kev. Question then begs to be asked is, "Why, if Fred is that good of a 3 tech, do they keep drafting them?"

Maybe Guion will suprise me this year. I know he flashed some nasty last year finally.