PDA

View Full Version : Wide Recievers will fall to Vikes in the Second....

Granville1906
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
The free agency blood letting at Wide Outs (WO) will acutally assist the Vikes. If you look at the teams with WO needs that were expected to draft a WO in the first round, many have addressed this need already. Its unlikely that the Bears, 49er, BUCs or Chargers will draft WO in the first round. Thereby increasing the odds that a WO with a 1st round grade will fall to us. (Now, we wont draft him, because we are the Vikings, but that's story for another day.) :haha:

kevoncox
03-14-2012, 07:18 PM
The free agency blood letting at Wide Outs (WO) will acutally assist the Vikes. If you look at the teams with WO needs that were expected to draft a WO in the first round, many have addressed this need already. Its unlikely that the Bears, 49er, BUCs or Chargers will draft WO in the first round. Thereby increasing the odds that a WO with a 1st round grade will fall to us. (Now, we wont draft him, because we are the Vikings, but that's story for another day.) :haha:

I disagree. I think the Bears will still draft Floyd. They still need a WR. Teams understand that it's a passing league and will continue to stock pile WR like the Packers. We will continue to sign C+ Wr talent and scratch our heads when they can't get open.

skum
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM
There is lots to like on measurables and basic draft buzz, but the draft, especially on wideouts is a lotto and we gotta hit the jackpot.

SharperImage
03-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Stephen HIll in the Second, and Tommy Streeter in the 3rd will make me forgive the vikings for their sins.

Jarlvik
03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
It does look like there will be some guys who performed well in the "underware olympics" available in the 2nd round. Hill, Streeter, and Toon are very interesting. Several good guys beyond that that may be values in later rounds as well. However, MOST highly drafted WR's take 2-3 years to develop (if they develop at all). We've all seen what happens when teams value speed over route running and hands.

singersp
03-16-2012, 08:26 AM
The Lions will nab yet another 1st round WR. :)

i_bleed_purple
03-20-2012, 04:51 PM
The Lions will nab yet another 1st round WR. :)

If they had a WR worth a damn opposite Megatron they'd be terrifying