PDA

View Full Version : Rosenfels re-signs

vikinggreg
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Well they got him again

Vikings retain backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/vikings-retain-backup-quarterback-sage-rosenfels/)

FOX Sportsí Alex Marvez reports that the Vikings have agreed to terms (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minnesota-Vikings-Safe-Rosenfels-new-contract-031212) with quarterback Sage Rosenfels (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1276/sage-rosenfels), whose contract expired at seasonís end.

I would just say why, but ended up giggling to myself.....not sure if I'm losing my sanity, or the Vikings or if its just the thought of some cursing this could cause

midgensa
03-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Eh ... he is a perfect backup to the backup should something happen to Webb or Ponder.

C Mac D
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I saw this earlier... wanted to cry. Spielman is a joke. Same worthless decisions. Same hard-on for the same ol' players.

I hate Rick Spielman more than I ever hated Childress. We win 4 games/season tops while he's GM.

Formo
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
This isn't that big of a deal, guys.. We signed a 3rd string QB.

That said, I'm not a fan of Spielman either.

C Mac D
03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
This isn't that big of a deal, guys.. We signed a 3rd string QB.

That said, I'm not a fan of Spielman either.
I know, I get it. I agree.

But still, it's just frustrating to see Spielman sign the SAME GUY HE'S BEEN SIGNING SINCE HE WAS GM IN MIAMI. It's insane, the guy just doesn't learn from his mistakes. The Dolphins had to bring in Bill Parcells to clean up his mistakes.

Formo
03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

But still, it's just frustrating to see Spielman sign the SAME GUY HE'S BEEN SIGNING SINCE HE WAS GM IN MIAMI. It's insane, the guy just doesn't learn from his mistakes. The Dolphins had to bring in Bill Parcells to clean up his mistakes.

Agreed.

C Mac D
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I watched The Announcement last night, about Magic Johnson announcing his HIV positive status.

It reminded me when the Vikes announced the hiring of Brad Childress... then Spielman as GM.... it's like certain death is around the corner.

C Mac D
03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Too much?

skum
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Sage is pretty good for a 3rd QB and a nice veteran presence with 2 young QB's on the roster.

seaniemck7
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
I am with Cmac on this one. While 3rd string QB signings are fairly insignificant to the cap and snap counts, this is another example of Spielman hanging onto shit until the bitter end as if somehow he is going to vindicate himself for every other time he has picked Sage up on a team (3rd time now?). I am not upset at the signing, I just find the situation funny. Its as if Spielman thinks he has these gems that no one else knows about, and he is out smarting the world. Damn, maybe he and Childress were the perfect match.

Bubba Jed
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I thought we were getting younger as a team. If they let people go like EJ Henderson or Shiancoe yet they sign Sage I don't get it. They need to get their heads on straight.

shockzilla
03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
C'mon you guys, don't you know Sage is going to take us to the Super Bowl???

Yes, that was sarcasm.

NodakPaul
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought we were getting younger as a team. If they let people go like EJ Henderson or Shiancoe yet they sign Sage I don't get it. They need to get their heads on straight.

We are going younger. Sage is not a starting player.

jmcdon00
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
He's third string, getting a minimum contract, and knows the system and personnel. Not too many guys that fit that description.
Who would have been a better fit?

C Mac D
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I wonder if we'll also have to bring in Bill Parcels to fix his mess.

purplehelmut
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Really a non-issue. If we, or any other team for that matter, get to the third guy they're screwed anyway. Actually quite a boring signing. We will continue to to play fourth fiddle in the division until we get a GM who knows what he's doing.

singersp
03-18-2012, 10:41 AM
The Vikings just love to continually throw millions of dollars at this guy to ride the pine.

$2 mil in 2009
$375,000 for 5 games in 2011
$1.45 mil in 2012
$1.45 mil in 2013

And he hasn't thrown a single pass or even handed the ball off once since the Vikings signed him in 2009. Hell, he hasn't even so much as taken a knee for the Vikings.

Ponder has had as many starts in his rookie year than Sage has had in his last 6.

Marrdro
03-24-2012, 05:03 AM

One good thing about the Chiller, he didn't think Sage was anything other than a guy Ricky boy drug around.