PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Cant Mess this FA/Draft Up

SharperImage
02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
The Vikings would literally have to try HARD to mess up this FA/Draft. Our top three weaknesses.. WR/CB/OL is the Deep part for FA and Draft.. WR is rediculously deep in the FA and even more deep in the Draft. There is no need to draft Blackmon, this is the deepest WR draft in the history of the NFL.. a little bit too much talent. Draft Khalil. Bring in a FA like Jackson or Colston if possible. Sign a CB like Finnegan or Routt

in the 2nd round we have a TON of options at WR if we draft Khalil!

Tommy Streeter
Mo Sanu
Ashlon Jefferies
Justin Criun
Stephen Hill
Rueben Randle

I want ashlon Jefferies, but any of these other guys will do.. and they are all 6'3 - 6'4 big frame guys that we need.. we could pick a WR in the second and the Third if we dont get any in FA.. This FA/Draft is TOO deep for the vikings to fail, and not be competitive in 2012

2012_WR NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_WR)

SharperImage
02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
After doing some research my picks for the first 3 rounds are

1. Matt Khalil, OT
2. Ashlon Jefferies, WR
3. LaMichael James, RB

You build your team through the draft, but this year is the year to build your OFFENSE through the draft.. This is an passing league, and we need to improve our passing game. Khalil protects ponder, Ashlon Jefferies has the potential to surpass Sid Rice. and LaMichael James is a Reggie Bush type change of pace 3rd down back. YES we have Toby Gerhart, but Toby Gerhart is a downhill 3 and 1 4 n 1 or AD replacement runningback. We need a threat from the RB position in the passing game, and with ADs poor hands/blocking/WR skills.. LaMichael James makes us super dangerous! And it keeps percy from playing RB, and LaMichael James takes over all of percy harvins other duties, so percy can focus on being a WR only.

Mpalac4
03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I like Khalil in the first and if we are lucky than I would with out a doubt take Stephen Hill in the second. If we miss on Hill (which we probably will) I REALLY would like Harrison Smith. He has the Potential to be a GREAT safety in the NFL. He is a better prospect than Barron in my mind. He very rarely gets fooled like Barron and has better ball skills. He also is a great aid in the run game. Our Safeties are weaker than our CBs. If we get cook back or sign a corner in free agency (Carr) then Smith would be a perfect fit. We also have 10 draft picks so I could see us combining a couple to get additional second rounders.

i_bleed_purple
03-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't like Lamichael James. Dude's a fast kid, but he's not very sturdy, and has a dislocating elbow. I don't think he'll hold up in the NFL as a RB.

If he's there in the late 4th, I'd say maybe give it a try, but in the third there's stil alot of talent left to go for.

kevoncox
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't like Lamichael James. Dude's a fast kid, but he's not very sturdy, and has a dislocating elbow. I don't think he'll hold up in the NFL as a RB.

If he's there in the late 4th, I'd say maybe give it a try, but in the third there's stil alot of talent left to go for.
You're crazy! Dude is going to be a stud.

i_bleed_purple
03-09-2012, 09:58 AM
You're crazy! Dude is going to be a stud.

If he can't stay on the field in the college ranks, how is he possibly going to hold up in the NFL? Teams will be gunning for that elbow, not necessarily to injure, but they know that's a weak spot, a well placed hit can cause a fumble.

I'm thinking Michael Bennett, but even more injury prone.

skum
03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Lots to like, id go CB in the 2nd and see if we can get AJ Jenkins from Illinois in the third.

jmcdon00
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd skip the Lamichael James pick. We already have a player like that in Percy Harvin. Why would we want to take touches away from Percy? I really like the way we are mixing it up with Harvin.

bleedpurple
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
where's the CB's??... You forget we are relying on Spielman... I'm sure he'll find some way to mess this up outside of the first round....

Purple Floyd
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
All this LT and WR talk and nobody thinks we need a CB? Sheesh.

12purplepride28
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM

we need a lot of things, but I'd prefer to stick in scrubs at CB instead of WR and LT. Developing Ponder with crappy pass defense > Ponder failing due to no OL or WRs with good pass d.

Brewtal
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM
I see us addressing CB in the draft. We do not have the cap space to sign a CB in free agency. The position is overpaid and we can get better value from the draft. We will see what happens with Cook. They will probably grab a corner, but it is not going to be what people on this sight invision.

marshallvike
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM

I am guessing we will use more than one pick on CB's. We get Kalil, then the draft is deep on WR's & CB's so we will have the opportunity to take one or the other with the next pick, depending on BPA at those positions.
Luckily, we have so many holes to fill, we could pretty much pick anybody and it would fill a need position.:beatupchickensmall:

vikesrgreat2
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I am guessing we will use more than one pick on CB's. We get Kalil, then the draft is deep on WR's & CB's so we will have the opportunity to take one or the other with the next pick, depending on BPA at those positions.
Luckily, we have so many holes to fill, we could pretty much pick anybody and it would fill a need position.:beatupchickensmall:

Well said! If we just went "best player available" for the entire draft, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Personally, I like the idea of going DT for our second-round pick and selecting Ta'amu of Washington. Sounds like he could be an upgrade to Guion/Ayodele. Thoughts?

skum
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Well said! If we just went "best player available" for the entire draft, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Personally, I like the idea of going DT for our second-round pick and selecting Ta'amu of Washington. Sounds like he could be an upgrade to Guion/Ayodele. Thoughts?

Ta'amu is a NT in a 3-4, id say he is way to big to fit in a 4-3 as a full time starter.

Purple Floyd
03-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, if we have a ball control offense featuring our less than stellar armed QB handing the ball off to the RB with a Bionic knee and throwing the ball to the Two TE's 5-8 yards down the field then I sure hope to heck they don't think they can just plug in any old CB in the secondary and expect to be competitive. You need an elite defense and especially an elite secondary to counter a methodical, run and TE focused offense.

And now with the fact that Chicago got Marshall every team in our division is going to be challenging our secondary it is even more critical. While OTOH if you look at the division and the 3 guys that the LT is going to be blocking in Peppers, Vanden Bosch, and Wynn I would contend that we are actually more vulnerable on the right side than the left where we see Suh, Matthews etc.

When you are building you first have to build to beat the teams in your division and right now while we clearly need a LT, we can get by with one that is not a top 3 pick, while at CB there is not a greater need on the team considering the offenses we face both in the division and in the league. To build with project and second level DB's in this division with the offense we run is a recipe for a long string of 3-5 win seasons.

SharperImage
03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
What spielman needs to realize is we are not the fudging patriots! The patriots offense is CRAP.. but they got all pro TOM BRADY and an ALL PRO O-Line.

Brady basically threw to three people the whole season. Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker.. sprinkle in some deion Branch.

but they can do that because bill belicheck is a mastermind play caller, and TOM brady is TOM terrific!

We can't mimic that! Yes we got Rudolph and Carlson and Harvin... but Ponder doesnt have the skillset yet to run an offense with not so good talent, and a bad offensive line. He needs Two good wideouts around him, and a decent o-line so he can develop correctly and not get CREAMED, and become a bust!

singersp
03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Vikings Cant Mess this FA/Draft Up

Yes they can. Just watch 'em.

Caine
03-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I think we'll draft a Kicker in the 1st, a punter in the 2nd, another kicker in the 3rd, and then start looking to fill our need at TE.....

That will help with our offensive strategy of run, run (or pass), run, punt, where we keep pinning them deep, then we hope for a turn over or a bad punt from them to put us in FG range.

...of course, taht means our Defense will have to stop them...

...this may be tougher than we expected....

Caine

bleedpurple
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes they can. Just watch 'em.

Mission Accomplished!!...

Ced Griff.. coulda been moved to safety and renegotiated for 2.5mil with incentives... He can't be any worse than tyron smith and abdullah... geez...

kevoncox
03-19-2012, 11:40 PM

BUild one side of the field first my friend. We aren't going anywhere for a few years. Why not pour a bunch of picks on office to make us competitive and then some more on defense to make lock the field down.

bleedpurple
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
BUild one side of the field first my friend. We aren't going anywhere for a few years. Why not pour a bunch of picks on office to make us competitive and then some more on defense to make lock the field down.

BPA... that's how you build... not just drafting a bunch of offense then defense... take the best players available to fit your scheme... you think the packers needed randall cobb in the second or third round... but he's gonna be damn good in the future..