PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss wants to play in 2012

Culpepper_4717
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
"I wanna play football," Moss said on UStream on Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."

Randy Moss says he wants to return to football in 2012 - ESPN Dallas (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7570336/randy-moss-says-wants-return-football-2012)

kevoncox
02-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Bring him back. Harvin loves him and when Moss was on the field, Harvin's numbers went thru the roof. I believe he had 100 yrds & 2 tds vs. the Jets ( a top teir defense at that point). Let the guy come in an retire a Vikings. However, i doubt it happens.

Caine
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Marrdro would absolutely crap a battleship if they brought Randy back here....

...for that reason ALONE, I say bring him back.

I am also part of the minority that believes he can still be an effective contributor.

Caine

12purplepride28
02-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I would love to bring him back. My all time favorite Viking and I still think he's pretty good.

Turboe
02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Someone needs to get to him and tell him "If you really think you have your priorities and life in order come back to the family where you belong, but you have to show that you really have changed". It would start with a public apology to the Ma and Pa catering company that he offended, a real and believable mea culpa on that deal would start the process. Then a good faith offer to the Vikings to sign a heavily and I mean HEAVILY incentive based contract would go a long way to mending fences and showing the franchise that he wants to give them the value they gave up in the third round pick we gave the Patriots for him the last time around.

Provided he really has changed, and wants to show a concerted effort that he has his life in order and wants to be a model citizen, I too say let him retire a Viking where he should have been all along. If he really does have his life and priorities in order he should feel a tinge of guilt over the half a**ed effort/conduct and lack of value he gave us last time. Besides his buddy Chilly is gone.

God knows we need a #1 and if the price to bring him in for the sniff test is 0 I say we have to do it. Besides if we don't he will probably end up in Chicago and really stick it to us one last time...

Dibbzz
02-14-2012, 02:15 AM
To the idea of bringing in Randy Moss for a third time: hell no. I'd rather take Justin Blackmon, essentially a Terrell Owens without the baggage (and in his early twenties). There are a ton of receivers I'd take at this point over Moss, the main reason being the same as Turboe mentioned: his attitude. I don't want that kind of conceitedness plaguing our locker room when we're trying to REBUILD this franchise. This Franchise deserves a fresh, clean start. Get some good players in this draft and see where it takes us, no need to bring in has-beens from our glory days. Truthfully bringing in Randy Moss again would be counter-intuitive to what Coach Frasier and his staff are trying to instill into this team and his attitude would just set this team back when we're trying to move forward. It's not 1998 anymore, it's 2012. Let's move on.

singersp
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Does he want to play all year or just when he wants to? :)

As coincidence would have it, Moss wants to play WR & the Vikings need a WR.

singersp
02-14-2012, 07:00 AM
To the idea of bringing in Randy Moss for a third time: hell no. I'd rather take Justin Blackmon.

Why rather?

What would be wrong with drafting Blackmon & signing Moss?

vikesrgreat2
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Why rather?

What would be wrong with drafting Blackmon & signing Moss?

Nothing - if you want to really improve the passing game. Similarly, what would be wrong with keeping Ponder and (if he's available) drafting RGIII (if you want to improve the team's strength at the quarterback position)?

12purplepride28
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Nothing - if you want to really improve the passing game. Similarly, what would be wrong with keeping Ponder and (if he's available) drafting RGIII (if you want to improve the team's strength at the quarterback position)?

Dumb comparison IMO. Huge difference between having two (3 with Webb) young QBs that could all start and having 2 WRs in Blackmon and Moss. I'd love to see Blackmon and Moss lining up opposite of each other with Harvin in the slot and Rudolph at TE.

tastywaves
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Randy Moss and 'that thing called quit' (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/38479/randy-moss-and-that-thing-called-quit)

CC's take on Randy.

I don't know if the Vikings will be able to keep Randy on track. Too easy for him to throw in the towel as we continue to stumble.

Randy has a little too much "me" in him for my taste. I won't argue his talent though, even at 35.

The league has built up receivers into a bunch of prima donna's when they really shouldn't be.

midgensa
02-14-2012, 02:41 PM
He was and always should have been a Viking.

Bring him back. There will be the naysayers. There will be the people who laugh at the idea. But all that aside. He should go out where he came in.

ShowingMyHorns
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
BRING RANDY BACK!!!!!! One last hoorah with no Chilly.

singersp
02-15-2012, 05:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg

RK.
02-15-2012, 11:44 PM
What makes anyone here think he wants to play for MN? We only won 3 games last year. We will be lucky to win 8 next year. If he comes back I suspect he would rather come back a Patriot. Or for some team that has a real chance to make the play offs.

singersp
02-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Cris Carter speaks of Randy Moss’ ‘quit mechanism’

Cris Carter speaks of Randy Moss’ ‘quit mechanism’ - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20120215cris_carter_speaks_of_randy_moss_quit_mechanism/srvc=home&position=recent)

midgensa
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
It seems that the Vikes have made it clear they are not interested in bringing back Randy Moss

Vikings: No interest in Randy Moss

GM Rick Spielman says Minnesota Vikings not interested in signing Randy Moss - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7582720/gm-rick-spielman-says-minnesota-vikings-not-interested-signing-randy-moss)

Interesting to see that Ricky mentions the free agency class in high regard. Hopefully ... and I know it might be dreaming ... that means that he will be going after one of the bigger names on the market this offseason.

tastywaves
02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
It seems that the Vikes have made it clear they are not interested in bringing back Randy Moss

Vikings: No interest in Randy Moss

GM Rick Spielman says Minnesota Vikings not interested in signing Randy Moss - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7582720/gm-rick-spielman-says-minnesota-vikings-not-interested-signing-randy-moss)

Interesting to see that Ricky mentions the free agency class in high regard. Hopefully ... and I know it might be dreaming ... that means that he will be going after one of the bigger names on the market this offseason.

Some interesting comments at the end of the article:

Spielman said the Vikings are "very, very confident" in Ponder but added if they determine one of the available quarterbacks in the draft is "too good to pass up" they'll have to weigh that option. The Vikings are sure to field several trade offers for the No. 3 pick. Spielman said he and his staff will use a "full monty" approach to evaluating every prospect, even expected No. 1 selection Andrew Luck, because he doesn't want to be "under-prepared."

- Sage Rosenfels will be considered among other veteran backups for the No. 3 spot behind Ponder and Joe Webb. Spielman also said the Vikings could go with only two quarterbacks on the active roster, with a developmental player on the practice squad.

- Cornerback Chris Cook's felony assault trial is set to start March 5. Spielman said he's spoken to Cook since his arrest in October and believes he has grown and matured from the situation, an alleged choking of his girlfriend during an argument. Spielman declined to speculate on Cook's roster status without resolution from the court, but said, "You can never have enough good corners."

LIVike
02-16-2012, 11:09 PM
A few other comments from that article make me a little nervous:

Spielman said he counted contract extensions in the past six months for Peterson, linebacker Chad Greenway, center John Sullivan and long snapper Cullen Loeffler as free-agent signings, one hint that the Vikings won't be active on the open market.

I hope its just the author making an assumption but if we do nothing in free agency it will fully cement in my mind that the entire organization is completely incabable of running a football team (I know as if they werent already). I can understand not going after Moss. As much as I would love to see him finish his career here, he needs a serious attitude adjustment.

singersp
02-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Spielman said he and his staff will use a "full monty" approach to evaluating every prospect

So what he's saying is the Vikings/Spielman could be caught with their pants down.

jmcdon00
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
A few other comments from that article make me a little nervous:

I hope its just the author making an assumption but if we do nothing in free agency it will fully cement in my mind that the entire organization is completely incabable of running a football team (I know as if they werent already). I can understand not going after Moss. As much as I would love to see him finish his career here, he needs a serious attitude adjustment.
You don't win championships by making big splashes in free agency. You have to be patient and find guys in the draft.
Vincent Jackson would be a great fit, but he is going to cost 40+million. Taking a guy at the top of the second and grooming him to be the next Vincent Jackson puts the team in better position long term.

LIVike
02-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I agree completely but you cant not do anything and expect things to get better. I expect them to fix most of the issues in the draft but you have to go after some free agents. A guy from the draft for the most part is unproven. Yes he could have been amazing in college but that means almost nothing at this point. Players like Jackson are proven and we know what to expect from them. To turn this team around a combination of drafted players and free agents is needed and thinking greenway and peterson were free agent signings is just stupid.

12purplepride28
02-17-2012, 11:57 PM
You don't win championships by making big splashes in free agency. You have to be patient and find guys in the draft.
Vincent Jackson would be a great fit, but he is going to cost 40+million. Taking a guy at the top of the second and grooming him to be the next Vincent Jackson puts the team in better position long term.

If it was that easy then every team would do it. Draft is a crap shoot.

singersp
02-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Weren't you a big proponent in bringing Favre here because you felt we would win it all?

Green Bay didn't draft him either.

singersp
02-18-2012, 08:40 AM

Former Vikings teammates Randy Moss and Cris Carter go their own way

Former Vikings teammates Randy Moss and Cris Carter go their own way - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20120217former_vikings_teammates_randy_moss_and_cris_carter_go_their_own_way/srvc=sports&position=also)

tarkenton10
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
He was and always should have been a Viking.

Bring him back. There will be the naysayers. There will be the people who laugh at the idea. But all that aside. He should go out where he came in.

I agree!! What could possibly happen, we go 3-13, oh no!! Wait what was our record last year?

Traveling_Vike
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
It seems that the issue is already decided, but for what it's worth, I'd consider bringing him back. It would depend on several factors, though, the most important of which is, how long would he be wanting/able to play? If it's just for a year or maybe two, I'd say no, as we will not be ready to compete in that time frame and therefore would not be a good fit for Randy. If he was willing judged able to go for three+ more years, then maybe. In that time, we could build back into a contender again, which would be a strong motivator for him.