PDA

View Full Version : Vikings sign CFLs hardest hitter

singersp
01-26-2012, 06:47 AM

Vikings sign CFLs hardest hitter LB Solomon Elimimian

Vikings sign CFL's hardest hitter, linebacker Solomon Elimimian | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_sign_CFLs_hardest_hitter_linebacker_Solomon_Elimimian012512)

vikesrgreat2
01-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Vikings sign CFLs hardest hitter LB Solomon Elimimian

Vikings sign CFL's hardest hitter, linebacker Solomon Elimimian | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_sign_CFLs_hardest_hitter_linebacker_Solomon_Elimimian012512)

Works for me. Big fan of hard-hitting football players here! Question is: given his size (6'0", 227 lbs.) and his speed (apparently 4.6 in the 40), can he REALLY play LB in the NFL? Might he be better at S or CB? Comments, anyone?

12purplepride28
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Meh. We also signed one of their "top WRs" in Arceneaux and he's garbage.

tastywaves
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a good special teams player.

Johnson14
01-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Meh. We also signed one of their "top WRs" in Arceneaux and he's garbage.

And you've seen enough to judge already??..

Im all for players from the CFL coming in, hope it works out for this guy here. I think Brinkley has the MLB tied down for a good few years when EJ goes/hangs it up.

12purplepride28
01-28-2012, 12:06 PM
And you've seen enough to judge already??..

Im all for players from the CFL coming in, hope it works out for this guy here. I think Brinkley has the MLB tied down for a good few years when EJ goes/hangs it up.

He had one decent play (in the preseason I think) and he ended up fumbling right before the endzone. Then he spent the rest of the year on the PS. Just slip an O right in the middle of that and you have his receiving skills if he can't crack our starting lineup.

gregair13
01-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Cameron Wake.

singersp
01-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Lesnar could hit too. Unfortunately, that's all he could do.

Lets see what he can do in TC & preseason. I hope they don't simply let EJ walk away to sign elsewhere to save cap space, hoping that this guy or Brinkley can fill his shoes.

Minniman
02-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Solomon Elimimian played like a monster in the CFL. He is quick (but not super fast), takes good angles, hits like a hammer, and wraps. He could play linebacker or safety in the NFL.

The Vikings messed up by giving a lowball offer to Cameron Wake two years ago. Miami did too, but their offer had a better guarantee. Wake is so underpaid that he could sit out.

The Vikings should have pushed harder for 6-6, 325 lbs right offensive tackle Jovan Olafioye. He plays well in space and has NFL size. Olafioye was second in voting for offensive outstanding lineman in the CFL and was voted an all-star player. Reports are that the Vikings did bring him in and offered him a contract, but like with Wake, the Vikings were short on guaranteed money. The Rams signed him.

If the Vikings wanted to pick up a CFL receiver that could play in the NFL, they would have picked up Geroy Simon from the BC Lions years ago. It is too bad his career is now winding down.

i_bleed_purple
02-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Lesnar could hit too. Unfortunately, that's all he could do.
Difference being this kid played football most his life, Lesnar never did. I'm willing to bet given time, he would have been servicable, but his contract caused problems.

marshallvike
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
He had one decent play (in the preseason I think) and he ended up fumbling right before the endzone. Then he spent the rest of the year on the PS. Just slip an O right in the middle of that and you have his receiving skills if he can't crack our starting lineup.

Well, our coaching staff is fantastic at identifying talent so I can believe he sucks. Remember McNabb? They thought he could play. Maybe he couldn't crack the lineup because our staff doesn't have a clue. He made more than one play in the preseason. He actually played as well as Aromashodu in preseason, but shodu has NFL experience and got the nod.

12purplepride28
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, our coaching staff is fantastic at identifying talent

If you want to take the sarcastic angle of how our coaching staff cannot identify talent and that is the reason he is on the PS, then you have to accept the fact that that same crappy coaching staff "found" him.