PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Frazier hinted Wednesday that Hutchinson will contemplate retirement

Marrdro
12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/535/steve-hutchinson)

marshallvike
12-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/535/steve-hutchinson)

That article almost sounds like Leslie is pushing Hutch that way, or at least planting the seed for thinking about retiring. It doesn't mention that Hutch has said anything about it.

Marrdro
12-29-2011, 09:33 AM
That article almost sounds like Leslie is pushing Hutch that way, or at least planting the seed for thinking about retiring. It doesn't mention that Hutch has said anything about it.
It does doesn't it.

Hutch, Sauce, heard stuff about Ced getting in his doghouse. Maybe Leslie isn't the players coach alot of yutz fans thought he was.

Hate to say it, but Long for the days of the Chiller. Atleast we didn't hear this kindof crap and the play on the field didn't look this bad.

jargomcfargo
12-29-2011, 09:51 AM
It does doesn't it.

Hutch, Sauce, heard stuff about Ced getting in his doghouse. Maybe Leslie isn't the players coach alot of yutz fans thought he was.

Hate to say it, but Long for the days of the Chiller. Atleast we didn't hear this kindof crap and the play on the field didn't look this bad.
Pining for the Chiller! Wow, you finally admit it!
That helps explain why you were critical of this coaching staff before a single game was played this season.
You were right about Musgrove and may be right about Leslie. I just don't understand how you wanted to give Childress more time but Frazier no time.
Frazier may not be the 'players coach' as you say, but with the exception of one game, his players are still playing hard despite a crappy record.

Marrdro
12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Pining for the Chiller! Wow, you finally admit it!
That helps explain why you were critical of this coaching staff before a single game was played this season.
You were right about Musgrove and may be right about Leslie. I just don't understand how you wanted to give Childress more time but Frazier no time.
Frazier may not be the 'players coach' as you say, but with the exception of one game, his players are still playing hard despite a crappy record.
Finally admit nothing. I readily admit that I didn't like him the first year, wasn't to high on him the second, but he did come around the last 2 years except for the Noodle thing.

So in essence, I went after the Chiller the first year. Nothing much different from what I did this year.

Besides, Leslie has had more than one year IMHO. We've watch him under achieve as a D-coord the whole time he was here.

As to the players playing hard. I don't think that has much to do with the coach. I kindof like to believe they are pro's and do it because they get paid to. Truth be told, alot of them don't get most of what we think they do if they don't produce.

Trust me, JA doesn't get sacks cause they are fun and make me happy, he does them cause he gets $$$$ in his checking acount when they happen.

skum
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
He has had a great career, maybe HOF worthy, if he decides to retire good luck to him in the future.. If we are to release him i wonder if you couldnt pull a trade and get a late rounder from someone.. We need to stockpile some picks and hit on some guys for our secondary..

Maybe it will be hard finding someone to take his contract though..

Freakout
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
He is clearly declining and at his age he probably doesn't want to go through a rebuild.

Purple Floyd
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Lmao on pining for Childress. Tice is the best coach of the last decade.

Caine
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Finally admit nothing. I readily admit that I didn't like him the first year, wasn't to high on him the second, but he did come around the last 2 years except for the Noodle thing.

So in essence, I went after the Chiller the first year. Nothing much different from what I did this year.

Besides, Leslie has had more than one year IMHO. We've watch him under achieve as a D-coord the whole time he was here.

As to the players playing hard. I don't think that has much to do with the coach. I kindof like to believe they are pro's and do it because they get paid to. Truth be told, alot of them don't get most of what we think they do if they don't produce.

Trust me, JA doesn't get sacks cause they are fun and make me happy, he does them cause he gets $$$$ in his checking acount when they happen.

While I agree with you on Frazier and Musgrove - I don't think either one has a clue - I COMPLETELY disagree about Chiller. He was just as sad at the HC position as Frazier. His job was saved by the arrival of AP...then it was saved again by the arrival of Favre. Nothing HE controlled worked as he claimed it would.

Worse, his ability to build a team was an illusion as well - evidenced by our current state of craptastic manning. This is the team CHILLER built.

And you want him back?!?!?!?!? Why? Going for 0-16?

Caine

Johnson14
12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I got love for Hutch, but he hasn't been "pro bowl" Hutch of old for last couple of years.

Purple Floyd
12-30-2011, 06:27 AM

That statement is like a Meth addict longing for the days of crack because at least then his teeth weren't falling out.

Purple Floyd
12-30-2011, 06:36 AM

I am throwing the BS flag on that one. I distinctly remember you having many debates over the first few years about whether Childress should be fired with some guy named UffDaVikes who no longer posts here.

Will you recant that or do I need to dredge old posts to show that you were the biggest Childress supporter on the site from the get go? In fact many of the preposterous stances you are taking right now have everything to do with trying to justify your positions then:

Childress is a good coach
The KAO is a great offense
ZB scheme fits the Vikings OL over the past 6 years
The secondary has plenty of talent and the C2 is the best defense for the team to run.
Childress was assembling talent both to fit his schemes and also to build the roster to compete for a championship for years to come and not just a one year wonder(2009)

Umm. Nope.

I agree there. Not a good hire. He is more than likely going to go down as a worse coach than Childress. Not that Childress was any good, but that Leslie is just that bad.

Greenway said yesterday that Leslie was a reason many were still playing hard.

Up to a limit, but it isn't like he has a graduated pay scale, just base escalators.

pro1ml
12-30-2011, 10:30 AM

Bad Example. If there were anyone who would play for free or minimal $ and do it because he loved it it would be Allen.

marshallvike
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
I am throwing the BS flag on that one. I distinctly remember you having many debates over the first few years about whether Childress should be fired with some guy named UffDaVikes who no longer posts here.

Will you recant that or do I need to dredge old posts to show that you were the biggest Childress supporter on the site from the get go? In fact many of the preposterous stances you are taking right now have everything to do with trying to justify your positions then:

Childress is a good coach
The KAO is a great offense
ZB scheme fits the Vikings OL over the past 6 years
The secondary has plenty of talent and the C2 is the best defense for the team to run.
Childress was assembling talent both to fit his schemes and also to build the roster to compete for a championship for years to come and not just a one year wonder(2009)

Umm. Nope.

I agree there. Not a good hire. He is more than likely going to go down as a worse coach than Childress. Not that Childress was any good, but that Leslie is just that bad.

Greenway said yesterday that Leslie was a reason many were still playing hard.

Up to a limit, but it isn't like he has a graduated pay scale, just base escalators.

I don't remember a PurpleFloyd on here back then ;)

midgensa
12-30-2011, 01:57 PM
I have no problems either way with Hutch.

If he goes, good for him. He is quite possibly a hall of famer and he gave us four great years, one ok year and one down year.

I think he is still more than serviceable and I would have no problem with him coming back also. He is not the mauler he once was, but he still produces as good as most guys.

I do not love Frazier, but I also think that we have little choice but to keep him around for at least one more year and see what happens. He went and got his QB, now give him a year to try and build around that QB and see what happens.

Purple Floyd
12-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't remember a PurpleFloyd on here back then ;)

Suffering from CRS?