PDA

View Full Version : So who's our next head coach?

singersp
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
So who's our next head coach?

The Vikings owner indicated Leslie Frazier is safe

During the 2005 season he said Mike Tice's head coaching job was safe too;

Vikings owner says Tice's job as coach is safe - NFL - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2181480)

We all now how that panned out 1/2 hour after the season ended.

He also claimed he wouldn't fire Childress;

http://helmet2helmet.net/2010/11/14/zygi-wilf-wont-fire-childress-despite-teams-sixth-loss/

We all now how that panned out also.

Now it's Frazier's turn;

Hartman: Wilf says Frazier will be back next year
Hartman: Wilf says Frazier will be back next year | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/135005263.html)

marstc09
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM
He is not going anywhere.

Purple Floyd
12-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Probably Fred Pagac.

midgensa
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I am pretty sure he is going to bring Mike Tice back as HC, with Childress as OC and Frazier back as DC.

And don't forget ... he will bring Denny Green in just for the two-minute drill.

Purple Floyd
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I am pretty sure he is going to bring Mike Tice back as HC, with Childress as OC and Frazier back as DC.

And don't forget ... he will bring Denny Green in just for the two-minute drill.

lol

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Nah, bring back Childress as the PR guy.

"How will you replace Moss?"
"We have Hank Baskett"

jmcdon00
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Tony Dungy

Freakout
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Childress for GM!

In all seriousness I actually believe that kind of job is perfect for the ol' mustache.

I don't believe we see Fraizer fired but I really could see Speilman getting the boot.

Purple Floyd
12-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Chris Petersen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Petersen)

skum
12-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Ragnar

Johnson14
12-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Nah, bring back Childress as the PR guy.

"How will you replace Moss?"
"We have Hank Baskett"

:rofl:

Zeus
12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Gotta be Marrdro.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Gotta be Marrdro.

=Z=

and can we bring in PF as the pro talent scout?

I still think Marty would make a better VP of Packers personnel for our team.

ejmat
12-08-2011, 10:05 AM
As much as I'd love to see Frazier gone I think he will be back next year. I believe Zygi is still paying Childress then he will have to pay Frazier and a new HC. Just my opinion.

It's nice to be back everyone. Sorry I was gone for so long. I missed everyone.

i_bleed_purple
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
As much as I'd love to see Frazier gone I think he will be back next year. I believe Zygi is still paying Childress then he will have to pay Frazier and a new HC. Just my opinion.

It's nice to be back everyone. Sorry I was gone for so long. I missed everyone.

Back just in time to win some beers off Marty eh?

12purplepride28
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Back just in time to win some beers off Marty eh?

That won't happen. Doesn't he have to admit he was wrong to lose the bet?

ejmat
12-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Win/lose doesn't matter to me in this case. If TJ progresses enough to actually lose this bet it wouldn't bother me at all. In fact to have a beer or two with good ole marty and caine would be fun. How about this great season so far? Imagine me, of all people, wanting the Vikings to fire a Head Coach. lol

midgensa
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Frazier will definitely be the coach next season.

But in 2013, Bill Cowher will be the coach, because who wouldn't want to coach the NFL's new Los Angeles franchise!

Caine
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM

No. The terms of the bet were that I have to agree that Jackson is a quality QB. Marty set the terms himself.

Caine

12purplepride28
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
No. The terms of the bet were that I have to agree that Jackson is a quality QB. Marty set the terms himself.

Caine

Oh ok, well in that case... why is he still defending him? PPO is getting so old... We need someone to spice it up. Bring back infidel (or his account, if that was CMac, as it seems every troll on here is CMac under a pseudonym)

i_bleed_purple
12-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh ok, well in that case... why is he still defending him? PPO is getting so old... We need someone to spice it up. Bring back infidel (or his account, if that was CMac, as it seems every troll on here is CMac under a pseudonym)

I'll try to pick up the slack

12purplepride28
12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
And on topic, I'm fine giving Frazier another year at HC. I don't expect instant results and it's hard to expect much with our crappy team. He has made a couple mistakes, most notably getting Musgrave as our OC. I am fine with the McNabb decision even though it didn't pay off, because it's tough to throw a rookie QB out there and expect results, although the way it's going this year I think he might have been fine. Cam's been successful because he's a human highlight reel and it would be a lot tougher if he wasn't so physically gifted, and Dalton has had a great defense and a rookie sensation in AJ Green to help him along. So who knows what would've happened with Ponder starting day 1.

Ideally we would get Norv Turner as our OC next year but I don't see that happening. For me, the jury is out on Frazier as I'd like to see what he can do with some talent on his team. He's on thin ice, but I'm not ready to scrap him after one year.

12purplepride28
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I'll try to pick up the slack

I expect some serious flaming and trolling from you. Maybe I'll go stir some ish up right now

i_bleed_purple
12-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I expect some serious flaming and trolling from you. Maybe I'll go stir some ish up right now

get on it boy

thorshammer
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
And on topic, I'm fine giving Frazier another year at HC. I don't expect instant results and it's hard to expect much with our crappy team. He has made a couple mistakes, most notably getting Musgrave as our OC. I am fine with the McNabb decision even though it didn't pay off, because it's tough to throw a rookie QB out there and expect results, although the way it's going this year I think he might have been fine. Cam's been successful because he's a human highlight reel and it would be a lot tougher if he wasn't so physically gifted, and Dalton has had a great defense and a rookie sensation in AJ Green to help him along. So who knows what would've happened with Ponder starting day 1.

Ideally we would get Norv Turner as our OC next year but I don't see that happening. For me, the jury is out on Frazier as I'd like to see what he can do with some talent on his team. He's on thin ice, but I'm not ready to scrap him after one year.

Frazier will be back. The Vikings have lost nine games by seven points or less. They are still fighting. That bodes well for a bounce back next season with the addition of some talent in key spots. I don't think we're that far away.

MossMems
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Knowing the Wilf's, and thier utter lack of knowledge when it comes to hiring a HC, probablly Singletary. But theres no way they pay for 3 HC's so Friazer is our man for at least another year.

singersp
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Caine

Which meant you won the second the bet was made.

Dwight Woods
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
We have All Pro caliper players and high school caliper playbook and coach. Even the cheerleaders dogs know each play before its run. Childress was lame but this coach makes him look like a genius

12purplepride28
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
We have All Pro caliper players and high school caliper playbook and coach. Even the cheerleaders dogs know each play before its run. Childress was lame but this coach makes him look like a genius

Who are our AP Caliber players that should be winning us all these games? On our OL? Or in our secondary? Nope. Our RB, one WR, and a DE. How many games is that going to win you.

mountainviking
12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Childress for GM!

In all seriousness I actually believe that kind of job is perfect for the ol' mustache.

I don't believe we see Fraizer fired but I really could see Speilman getting the boot.

Exactly! Who the hell was it that thought Berrian was our deep threat? Or that this OL group could pass block!??

Different coach, same personel, same problems. I think Spielman should go before Frazier.

Marrdro
12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Anyone watch the Seahawks pick apart the Bores with the likes of TJ and Bevs or watch KC and their interim HC, Romeo tear apart the PUKERS with Orton (who showed up like yesterday) and a bunch of no names on defense would admit that this team is a heck of alot more talented than either of those teams.

Heck, there was a certain yutz who did a thread comparing the 2009 season to this team and there are only 8 starters gone from that team (at the time he did the thread). 8 starters from a team that was in the NFC Championship game for cripes sake.

Don't listen to the drivel about how "Un-talented" this team is. This team is losing because of crappy coaching.

Ponder has regressed, Load has regressed, Chad is having a bad year, EJ seems to be off his game. Hell even K-dubb is having a shitty year. Rob hasn't worked out at LDE. etc etc etc.

In the end, we will wind up with Leslie as our HC because the Wilfs won't spend the money to pay 3 HC's, but if the Wilfs were smart they would fire Spielman, hire a true GM and give that GM power to hire a O-coord who has a fricken clue and a D-coord who can tell Leslie to leave him alone for a full game and make Leslie a figure head kindof guy (he's a statue on the sidelines anways) who we can all beat up when shit goes south.

bleedpurple
12-20-2011, 10:41 AM
The way this team is going... We need to BLOW THE WHOLE THING UP!!... Get rid of everybody... Bring in Bill Parcels, or a true GM, and hire a head coach who has a clue!!...

Frazier is not the answer... Our scouting department needs vast improvement too... The mental lapses every game are a joke and make it impossible to climb out of holes.... As bad as this team is.. they have underachieved... I don't see how you can't blow the entire thing up.. Especially when your trying to get a new stadium..

We have more talent than the Chiefs, Browns, Rams, Colts, Jags, dolphins, bills, cardinals, panthers, seahawks, bucs and skins... and yet have two wins to show... Frazier has been clueless on the sideline... I know we've had injuries and all but the undisciplined nature of how we've been playing and the penalties are ALL coaching... They may all like him, but noone is inspired to play for this guy...

BLOW IT UP!!!...

Marrdro
12-20-2011, 11:35 AM
The way this team is going... We need to BLOW THE WHOLE THING UP!!... Get rid of everybody... Bring in Bill Parcels, or a true GM, and hire a head coach who has a clue!!...

Frazier is not the answer... Our scouting department needs vast improvement too... The mental lapses every game are a joke and make it impossible to climb out of holes.... As bad as this team is.. they have underachieved... I don't see how you can't blow the entire thing up.. Especially when your trying to get a new stadium..

We have more talent than the Chiefs, Browns, Rams, Colts, Jags, dolphins, bills, cardinals, panthers, seahawks, bucs and skins... and yet have two wins to show... Frazier has been clueless on the sideline... I know we've had injuries and all but the undisciplined nature of how we've been playing and the penalties are ALL coaching... They may all like him, but noone is inspired to play for this guy...

BLOW IT UP!!!...
Preach my brother from another mother.......:clap:

On a side note, for those who seem to think we are using only 1 WR sets because of our OL woes, did you watch the game last night?

In case you didn't, let me set the scenario for you.....

QB. Bumb ankle, can't even run. Most on here think, max protect.
OL. Backup Center in. Most on here think, max protect.

What do the Steelers do?

Run out 3, 4 and even 5 WR sets (couple of those were TE's split out wide) with no RB or FB in the back field and put your QB in the shot gun. Let him have multiple options for hot reads and go to town.

Sure they lost, but that wasn't because of the scheme. It was because Ben couldn't make the throws, which, by the way, were to WR's that were open against a damn fine SF defense.

Long story short, MUSGROVE MUST GO......

Reignman
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
We brought in McNabb to contend this season so something went horribly horribly wrong. We're 2-12 and it's not a rebuilding year. I agree, blow the whole damn thing up and start over, starting with the coaching staff. There's no reason to believe next season will be better without major changes. Bring in a staff that already knows what the hell it's doing so we don't have to waste another 3-4 years experimenting and waiting to see if the unproven guy pans out. But unfortunately for us, Wilf and the FO screwed the pooch by giving Frazier a 3 year contract so we're stuck with him until we're at least done paying Childress.

slinkey2
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Most of you probably are not as old as me (49). Frazier is WAY out of his league. He looks completely LOST in newsconferences. He reveals TOO MUCH information. His schemes SUCK bad. Lets face it, if this guy wasnt a "nice guy", you would have all been calling for his head along time ago. Keep him around? Are you kidding me? So he can influence the next draft which will impact OUR team for years? Keeping Ponder in a crappy system with bad coaching decisions? Until when? Wait a couple more years and then get another head coach? Why wait? Are you guys really willing to sit back a watch THIS? The vikes have some of the best players in the league. And they SUCK. I remember the Les Steckel year. I dont have to look it up. They were on their like 4th center, 3rd QB (Archie Manning BTW), Harold Jackson was one of their wide-outs....he was great....10 years before that....they had WAY more injuries than the vikes of this year. Lets face it, the entire coaching staff is a train wreck.

MossMems
12-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Theres plenty of talent on this team. But theres no coaches able to bring out that talent and teach them to execute plays. Mustgrave spend all his time drawing up plays that has Webb givinh a fake handoff to Ponder. That alone should get him fired.

slinkey2
12-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Most of you probably are not as old as me (49). Frazier is WAY out of his league. He looks completely LOST in newsconferences. He reveals TOO MUCH information. His schemes SUCK bad. Lets face it, if this guy wasnt a "nice guy", you would have all been calling for his head along time ago. Keep him around? Are you kidding me? So he can influence the next draft which will impact OUR team for years? Keeping Ponder in a crappy system with bad coaching decisions? Until when? Wait a couple more years and then get another head coach? Why wait? Are you guys really willing to sit back a watch THIS? The vikes have some of the best players in the league. And they SUCK. I remember the Les Steckel year. I dont have to look it up. They were on their like 4th center, 3rd QB (Archie Manning BTW), Harold Jackson was one of their wide-outs....he was great....10 years before that....they had WAY more injuries than the vikes of this year. Lets face it, the entire coaching staff is a train wreck.

kevoncox
12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
This team has no respect for coaching. They didnt respect Chilly, they don't respect Fraiser. Only a Superbowl Winning team can step in to this dysfunction and maybe work it out.

I say Cut the excess contracts and bring in some new players. All these guys making 8 million because they are fan favorite are gone in my eyes. K. Williams would get traded for a 3rd round pick. He simply is not producing like he should be and I believe that he is no longer dominant. Winfield never plays. EJ is always burnt. WTF did we just pay Sullivan 25 million dollars @ 5 million a season. Are we fucking crazy. This team is going nowhere because the people running it are idiots. I think it's clear that chilly built this team.

bleedpurple
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM

This team has no respect for coaching. They didnt respect Chilly, they don't respect Fraiser. Only a Superbowl Winning team can step in to this dysfunction and maybe work it out.

I say Cut the excess contracts and bring in some new players. All these guys making 8 million because they are fan favorite are gone in my eyes. K. Williams would get traded for a 3rd round pick. He simply is not producing like he should be and I believe that he is no longer dominant. Winfield never plays. EJ is always burnt. WTF did we just pay Sullivan 25 million dollars @ 5 million a season. Are we fucking crazy. This team is going nowhere because the people running it are idiots. I think it's clear that chilly built this team.

I agree with you up until the CHilly built this team part... He had a part but so did Spielman.. Also you forgot to add WHY IN THE HELL DID WE PAY GREENWAY $10MILLION A YEAR???

He was terrible in coverage... he's still bad.. he's a B line backer at best... solid.. but NOT FRANCHISE... that was a BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!... If we cut him all of a sudden we can afford to get rid of the coaching staff... just sayin...

I'm starting a FB page that says BLOW IT UP!!... who's with me!!.. lol???

i_bleed_purple
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree with you up until the CHilly built this team part... He had a part but so did Spielman.. Also you forgot to add WHY IN THE HELL DID WE PAY GREENWAY $10MILLION A YEAR???

He was terrible in coverage... he's still bad.. he's a B line backer at best... solid.. but NOT FRANCHISE... that was a BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!... If we cut him all of a sudden we can afford to get rid of the coaching staff... just sayin...

I'm starting a FB page that says BLOW IT UP!!... who's with me!!.. lol???

No.. just no.

For starters, coaches don't count against cap space.

bleedpurple
12-21-2011, 10:13 AM

No.. just no.

For starters, coaches don't count against cap space.

No shit Sherlock... but if Zygi is so worried about paying 3 coaches... $10 million goes a long way toward releaving those worries... not to mention restructuring a few vet contracts and letting some go.. Hutch, Griffin, EJ, to name a few...

We're talking about overall dollars here not cap space...

marshallvike
12-21-2011, 09:31 PM
We will probably keep the TOA, Spielman, Brzynski and the new coaching sub triangle, Moe, Larry, and Curly

jargomcfargo
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
We will probably keep the TOA, Spielman, Brzynski and the new coaching sub triangle, Moe, Larry, and Curly

Which one is the bald one? We already had him!