PDA

View Full Version : 4 (four) placed on IR

Johnson14
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
@StribDW Vikings place four players on IR: Loeffler, Husain Abdullah, Michael Jenkins and Tyrell Johnson.

wow, thats another massive blow for an already poor season.

Johnson14
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
#Vikings have signed Matt Katula as previously reported. They also re-signed WR Stephen Burton and signed S Jarrad Page and S Andrew Sendejo

battleaxe4cheese
11-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Good thing depth on this team is not an issue.

Purple Floyd
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Just plug in a new guy and keep steamrollin along....

midgensa
11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Jesus ... that is crazy. Our safeties already pretty much sucked. Losing Jenkins sucks. And I guess Jared Allen is the full-time long snapper?

12purplepride28
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
This makes me think of when someone on here was saying that we were so loaded with talent that we were just drafting for depth... and what, that was 2 years ago?:eek:

C Mac D
11-29-2011, 11:21 PM
This makes me think of when someone on here was saying that we were so loaded with talent that we were just drafting for depth... and what, that was 2 years ago?:eek:

Haha, so true. How Rick Spielman still has a job is astonishing. Shows how little Vikings ownership understands the game.

skum
11-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Jesus ... that is crazy. Our safeties already pretty much sucked. Losing Jenkins sucks. And I guess Jared Allen is the full-time long snapper?

Katula is a long-snapper..

This is just that a sign that we are finally in rebuild mode.. Frazier has been delaying it for weeks and trying to save an already lost season..

Hope we see some young guys and also give playing time to DeAndre Reed and Damarcus Love who has been inactive for every game.

mad-dog_six-eight
11-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Hope we see some young guys and also give playing time to DeAndre Reed and Damarcus Love who has been inactive for every game.

The only reason i've been actively entertained this year is watching how the new guys work in the team. Watching Ponder alone has kept me interested. I think its a lot easier to see how well a young QB is developing when i'm not so worried about the outcome of the game. Last week was fun for me to look forward to watching because of Toby playing, we hadn't seen a whole heck of a lot of him yet. Hopefully in these next five games we'll see the rookies like Reed and Love play. watching Raymond has been fun and I want to see what the Burton brothers can do.

That's really the only entertainment you can get out of a rebuilding team like this i guess.

singersp
11-30-2011, 04:49 AM
Just plug in a new guy and keep steamrollin along....

More like: "Just plug in a new guy and keep getting steamrolled"

singersp
11-30-2011, 04:52 AM
It doesn't really matter at this point. Most of our players that are still playing are on the PUP list anyways.

ConnecticutViking
11-30-2011, 05:20 AM
It's not like you're going to see a drop off in talent or a change in the end result.

Freya
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
@StribDW Vikings place four players on IR: Loeffler, Husain Abdullah, Michael Jenkins and Tyrell Johnson.

wow, thats another massive blow for an already poor season.

I don't have a problem with this.........I think they should try out as many people for positions as possible over the next few weeks. Might as well get a jump on 2012.

12purplepride28
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
The safety injuries are fine with me, they suck anyways. I'm more interested in seeing Jamarca and Mistral back there than anything else.

Purple Floyd
11-30-2011, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I remember how lame that notion sounded back then. It was generally followed by something to the extent of "Talent fitting the scheme" and "Building to be a contender for years to come"

Glad to see it all worked out.

Caine
11-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Haha, so true. How Rick Spielman still has a job is astonishing. Shows how little Vikings ownership understands the game.
+1