PDA

View Full Version : Report: Adrian Peterson has high ankle sprain

MulletMullitia
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/vikingsnow)

Report: Adrian Peterson has high ankle sprain | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/21/report-adrian-peterson-has-high-ankle-sprain/)

Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has a high ankle sprain.

Per Fowler, it’s a grade one sprain. Peterson will wear a boot for a few days, and he could start “light football activity” by Friday. The Vikings travel to Atlanta in Week 12.

UPDATE 2:00 p.m. ET: A league source tells PFT that Peterson most likely will miss at least Sunday’s game against the Falcons.

This is the most frustrating injury for a back to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed at least 2 or 3 games.

Purple Floyd
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Do we still have Hank Baskett?

marshallvike
11-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Lucky we traded up to draft Toby. We won't miss a beat now. Shrewd move by the TOA.

tastywaves
11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
After seeing the replay, I was surprised it was as damaging as it turned out. It didn't look like it got tweaked that much to me, maybe some previous damage?

Purple Floyd
11-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree Tasty. After seeing the replay it didn't look as bad as it ended up being.

battleaxe4cheese
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
At least we're not losing our most productive player, so that's good.

Purple Floyd
11-21-2011, 08:09 PM
At least we're not losing our most productive player, so that's good.

Lmao. Looks like you have graduated Sarcasm school. I like it.

Minniman
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
At this point, the only way to keep Peterson healthy for next season is by injury.

It sounds strange, but it makes sense.

Let the Gerhart/Booker era begin.

northwinds
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Lucky we traded up to draft Toby. We won't miss a beat now. Shrewd move by the TOA.

Well now, Gerhart does have a better ypc average this year than Peterson.......and was the best RB in the NCAA a couple of years ago....should have won the Heisman.........but yeah let's diss him before the biggest start in his career.........LMAO......

marshallvike
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Well now, Gerhart does have a better ypc average this year than Peterson.......and was the best RB in the NCAA a couple of years ago....should have won the Heisman.........but yeah let's diss him before the biggest start in his career.........LMAO......

Wow, he was the best RB in the NCAA a couple of years ago! That must automatically qualify him for the pro football Hall Of fame.
Look, I hope Toby has a bunch of great games for us. So far I have not seen either the deceptive speed or the power he supposedly had coming out of college. Maybe he will show it as the game goes along, getting the bulk of the carries, but it hasn't shown yet.