PDA

View Full Version : The Official FIRE FRAZIER Thread

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM
This is the most ILL prepared Vikings team I have ever tried to watch. False starts, fumbles, encroachment, DE's not containing the end, RB's not even being touched until they hit the S's.

WOW.

vikinggreg
11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Well it was a short week for them, they did play Monday night....they had an extra day to prep for that game and sucked pretty bad too

jargomcfargo
11-20-2011, 01:40 PM
This is the most ILL prepared Vikings team I have ever tried to watch. False starts, fumbles, encroachment, DE's not containing the end, RB's not even being touched until they hit the S's.

WOW.

There was already a fire Frazier thread back when Childress was here.

Vikings are one of the worst teams in the NFL. It's not just the offense anymore, the defense sucks sack as well.

Coaching is bad but there is a lack of talent also.

Your boy Asher Allen has to be the worst player on the team.

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Shortwell goofs on a FG, Ponder holds the ball watching a 8 route on a all out blitz instead of throwing to a hot route, WTF. Hell, even the TE didn't know he was supposed to go set before the snap with negated a heck of a throw and catch.

FIRE FRAZIER

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:07 PM
There was already a fire Frazier thread back when Childress was here.

Vikings are one of the worst teams in the NFL. It's not just the offense anymore, the defense sucks sack as well.

Coaching is bad but there is a lack of talent also.

Your boy Asher Allen has to be the worst player on the team.
Teams are winning with less talent my friend. Lets not forget, only 8 starters have left this team since the 2009 team.

Nope, not a talent issue. This is all on the coaches not making sure the little things are being taken care of. Again, the Rudy "Not getting set" is a prime example of this. I bet if we had access we would see they did the same thing in practice and the coaches didn't run it until they had it right.

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Well it was a short week for them, they did play Monday night....they had an extra day to prep for that game and sucked pretty bad too
Nope, other teams play on short weeks and win.

This is nothing more than attention to detail and the lack there of which can be tracked all the way back to the coaches "MAKING" the players do it right.

FIRE FRAZIER.

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:11 PM
That INT Ponder should have stayed with his second read as he came open over the middle at the same instant he started to scramble right into trouble. Then he forced a across the body throw into triple coverage late to a receiver that wasn't even open.

Again, players making bad decisions because of piss poor coaching.

Stay with your reads Ponder for cripes sake.

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:13 PM
3rd and one, force a field goal....Nope, Robison got his ass blown off the ball.

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Great play by Chad but look at the rest of the DL, they were all pass rushing on a running play. Who the hell knows what is going on. Surely not the coaches calling in the plays.

12purplepride28
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Teams are winning with less talent my friend. Lets not forget, only 8 starters have left this team since the 2009 team.

Hmmmm.... The QB that got us those 12 wins is gone... Maybe he deserves a little credit? With Favre that year, Rice has best season, Vikes play amazing all around. Without Favre we have shit. Granted, it was probably because we lost Cook :hump:

Marrdro
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
SEEEEEEEEEEE.......That was a perfectly executed screen. You don't do that without talent. Of course you don't do it without practice either.

Now all we need is CONSISTENCY.

vikinggreg
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
So who are these less talented teams winning on short weeks, starting a rookie QB against division leading teams....The Bengals your other team, what was I thinking ;)

But it is time for a proper purging of the team but a GM needs to be in place to do this the correctly

Purple Floyd
11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
SEEEEEEEEEEE.......That was a perfectly executed screen. You don't do that without talent. Of course you don't do it without practice either.

Now all we need is CONSISTENCY.

Correction- You don't do that with Peterson in the game. Get him on the bench and then you can get the screen passes.

Purple Floyd
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Won't do any good to fire Frazier if they just stick the first replacement they talk to in there to replace him and do nothing to fix the levels above him.

I think we need a Fire the Front Office thread.

Traveling_Vike
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
That decision needs to be made once the season is over, not now. It would be pointless and counter-productive to fire him now.

He probably does need to go at that time, and the rest of his staff with him, but let's evaluate in another two months. There will be more available candidates at that time, not to mention the new guy, whoever he might be, would be able to assemble his own staff then, which he could not do as well right now.

MulletMullitia
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
LOL. Interesting. You are the first to start the Fire Frazier thread, yet you STILL defend Brad Childress. Who is the main reason that this team is in the hole. The huge hole that Chilly dug. Not a talent issue!? You are blind. This team is the definition of a talent issue. 3 stars and 50 bums does not count as a talented football team. We have the worst offensive line in the NFL. Period. I agree that the coaching staff is bad, but the front office is worse. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this football team. If this was a Fire Spielman thread, you could sign me up. But Leslie Frazier is not the one to blame right now. It goes far deeper than that.

Freakout
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Lets not forget, only 8 starters have left this team since the 2009 team.

That is not a GOOD thing.

marstc09
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Mr. Ridiculousness and King Double Standards strikes again.

This is classic.

MulletMullitia
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Mr. Ridiculousness and King Double Standards strikes again.

This is classic.

Lol yep. He has 20,000 posts stating his opinion. And another 20,000 posts contradicting those opinions.

battleaxe4cheese
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
We have so many holes to fill and hardly any cap space. Our depth is terrible and the near future is bleak. We have not played as a cohesive unit for four quarters once this entire season. I don't know who or what is to blame for that, but on paper it starts with the coaches for good or bad.

ultravikingfan
11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Get rid of him now.

What a complete assembly of buffoons.

Reignman
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Finally we have this thread! There's plenty of blame to go around, but good grief Frazier should be fired for this teams piss poor 3rd quarter performances alone. I've never seen a team so seemingly clueless, unprepared, and out coached at the start of the 2nd half of every single game. We're a missed chip shot away from being 1-9 (yes we would've lost in OT). Frazier has this franchise on pace to out suck the 1 term Steckle regime.

Minniman
11-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I did not like the Frazier zone defenses under Childress, and they are no better now with less talent. I am unimpressed with the Vikings offensive gameplan, and the special teams play is not great either.

The Vikings have mediocre players, mediocre coaches, and a personnel staff that is lacking. The Vikings need to start at the top by hiring a top flight GM and let the GM decide how this should play out.

C Mac D
11-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Eh... I have mixed feelings about this.

While I do think Fraizer can be a good head coach, I don't think he will be in Minnesota. We need to clean-house of the entire Childress regime leftovers.

First and foremost though, we need to get rid of Rick Spielman and start building a young team through the draft. Spielman is completely unable to recognize and scout talent... other than obvious players (Harvin, Peterson, even Ponder).

This should be a "Fire Spielman" thread.

Minniman
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
To be fair, Fraizer was left with a shell of a team, and Spielman hit a wall against the new cap system. That stated, I dislike both the offensive and defensive schemes the Vikings use, and I cringe every time the Vikings take the field on special teams.

One has to ask, are the 49ers just that much more talented than the Vikings? I know the NFC West division is weak, but the coaching changes there have made an early positive impact, while the Vikings through Frazier, and Childress before him, did not.

Zeus
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Shortwell goofs on a FG

Wrong. Kluwe fucked up the hold.

=Z=

Zeus
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Get rid of him now.

Hey, Marty ticks me off, too, but isn't that a bit extreme?

What a complete assembly of buffoons.

Not a nice thing to say about PPO.

=Z=

vking1
11-21-2011, 11:30 AM
It's only Frazier's first year, and Childress left this team a mess. The Vikings need a serious upgrade on the O-line to open holes for Adrien Peterson and give Ponder time to throw. The Vikings also need a serious. upgrade in the secondary. The will not contend until these issues are fixed, regardless of who is coach.

jargomcfargo
11-21-2011, 11:46 AM

Nope, not a talent issue. This is all on the coaches not making sure the little things are being taken care of. Again, the Rudy "Not getting set" is a prime example of this. I bet if we had access we would see they did the same thing in practice and the coaches didn't run it until they had it right.
Several starters on this team wouldn't make the roster on many other teams. Talent, or the lack there of, plays a key role in the coaching staffs ineptitude. The coaches just seem to exacerbate rather than ameliorate the players fundamental lack of ability.

jargomcfargo
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
That INT Ponder should have stayed with his second read as he came open over the middle at the same instant he started to scramble right into trouble. Then he forced a across the body throw into triple coverage late to a receiver that wasn't even open.

Again, players making bad decisions because of piss poor coaching.

Stay with your reads Ponder for cripes sake.

Ponder is a rookie. No more needs to be said except that he would look much better if he had some protection, in all likelyhood.
We need to grant Ponder a bit of patience.

i_bleed_purple
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh the irony that this thread was made by Marrdro.

The guy willing to give guys like Tahi, Cook, Madieu, Ty. Johnson, Evans, Sullivan, TJ, Gerhart, Asher and Childress all the chances in the world, but god forbid Fraizer lose a couple games due to our talented players either leaving or declining, and our vet QB sucking the big sloppy donkey dong.

NDVikingFan66
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey, Marty ticks me off, too, but isn't that a bit extreme?

Not a nice thing to say about PPO.

=Z=

This might be the post of the year. Way to go Z!

MulletMullitia
11-21-2011, 04:39 PM

The guy willing to give guys like Tahi, Cook, Madieu, Ty. Johnson, Evans, Sullivan, TJ, Gerhart, Asher and Childress all the chances in the world, but god forbid Fraizer lose a couple games due to our talented players either leaving or declining, and our vet QB sucking the big sloppy donkey dong.

+ 1,000,000

tastywaves
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm convinced he does that on purpose to get things going around here. Pretty tough job as of late.

On Frazier, I haven't seen much to be excited about yet, but I haven't completely written him off. He clearly came in to this job overwhelmed and under experienced. He needs to come up pretty far on his learning curve, but not beyond the realm of possibility.

He's in a bit of a pickle though. His seemingly degrading team is going to put more and more scrutiny on him bringing the inevitable offer from sr. mgmt to provide fixes. I agree with Caine that Frazier is probably secure in his job for at least another year, but his influence is going to continue to deteriorate until he proves otherwise. Not a good situation.

V4L
11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
This might be the post of the year. Way to go Z!

I don't believe Ultra was talking about Marty. I think he was talking about Frazier.

And Marty whoa. Another too much beast day? A bunch of crap here.

Purple Floyd
11-21-2011, 07:03 PM
I am going to use the same standards with Frazier that I used with Childress. I understand that the talent is not there to contend just like it wasn't there the first year Childress was here. But, win or lose there is an expectation that the team be well coached, know their responsibilities and play to their full potential.

When you use those metrics it is hard to come to the conclusion that he is doing an acceptable job. I do not believe that the this is the least talented team we have had in the past 40 years but it is the worst record we have had since Stecklegate. If he is going to be the coach next year then he needs to show he has a handle on the staff and that they are preparing the players to play up to their potential.

V4L
11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I am going to use the same standards with Frazier that I used with Childress. I understand that the talent is not there to contend just like it wasn't there the first year Childress was here. But, win or lose there is an expectation that the team be well coached, know their responsibilities and play to their full potential.

When you use those metrics it is hard to come to the conclusion that he is doing an acceptable job. I do not believe that the this is the least talented team we have had in the past 40 years but it is the worst record we have had since Stecklegate. If he is going to be the coach next year then he needs to show he has a handle on the staff and that they are preparing the players to play up to their potential.

I gotta say this is the worst team ive seen in awhile for us. I can't think of many worse. The line is the worst i've seen in 10+ years. D-line isn't far behind. We have 2 elite players on the team in Adrian and Allen. Few good ones Williams (declining) Hutch (declining) Percy (uprising). After that theres basically average to shitty players. And as units are terrible.

Idk if Frazier is up for the task to take a terrible team and make them better next year. I would like to give him this year to evaluate and patch up whats needed and go from there. But with this group of players I can't say I expected much. We got stomped last year. Worse this year with new coaches as to be expected.

Edit. Is Kluwe elite? 3 elite? Haha

midgensa
11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I agree V4L (well except for the Kluwe part, solid, maybe even "good" but definitely not elite).

It is very frustrating to watch this team week in and week out with players like Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin slowly going by the wayside. I chalk up some to the rookie QB, which is to be expected, but the lack of any signifcant movement to improve this defense and offensive line is a sign that Frazier simply put way too much into aging veterans and unproven youngsters.

They are significantly falling behind in the division and it seems that the staff from the top down has been completely blindsided by it.

I know that you cannot just go out and grab every free agent out there and have every player out there, but they often have not even attempted to bring in any competition at clear trouble spots (center, right guard, safety) and stick with the players they have claiming they are coming along.

I don't know what to expect at this point. But a 3-to-5-win season should be seen a a major problem and not just "rebuilding."

V4L
11-21-2011, 08:57 PM
I agree V4L (well except for the Kluwe part, solid, maybe even "good" but definitely not elite).

It is very frustrating to watch this team week in and week out with players like Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin slowly going by the wayside. I chalk up some to the rookie QB, which is to be expected, but the lack of any signifcant movement to improve this defense and offensive line is a sign that Frazier simply put way too much into aging veterans and unproven youngsters.

They are significantly falling behind in the division and it seems that the staff from the top down has been completely blindsided by it.

I know that you cannot just go out and grab every free agent out there and have every player out there, but they often have not even attempted to bring in any competition at clear trouble spots (center, right guard, safety) and stick with the players they have claiming they are coming along.

I don't know what to expect at this point. But a 3-to-5-win season should be seen a a major problem and not just "rebuilding."

I know we did try to bring in Weddle. And Bushrod. Both top tier talents. Also Malcom Flloyd and James Jones. Best available WRs in the FA. We have been awesome in the FA area for the most part IMO. That's never been our probem.

I can't blame those players not coming here on Frazier.

Keep in mind we also had to make cap room just to sign some crappy FA signings. If we had the money we could have kept Sid and brought in another. Gotten 1 or 2 more young proven FAs.

Ill give Frazier another year. I gave Chilly and Jackson more then enough time. Ill give Frazier 2 to prove he's worth it. Hopefully we can lure some players / without payin max

marstc09
11-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Several starters on this team wouldn't make the roster on many other teams. Talent, or the lack there of, plays a key role in the coaching staffs ineptitude. The coaches just seem to exacerbate rather than ameliorate the players fundamental lack of ability.

Beautiful post. Someone with a clue.

Purple Floyd
11-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Just remember that next year we have something like 14 players who will be free agents and who will need new contracts or be gone. That and the cap problems that we are having doesn't make next year look any more promising.

Might as well turn the staff over now and get on with getting on.

Reignman
11-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Our below average talent was good enough to get huge leads on several good teams, but unfortunately for us there's a rule that says the 2nd half must be played. So how can we play so good in 1st halves and so terrible in 2nd halves? No adjustments? Wrong adjustments? Out adjusted?

Dating back to the Tice era It seems like we've always been out coached. I see no difference with Frazier and I'm getting tired of it. We finally got rid of Childress, so the best we can do is hire the guy that learned from Childress? Really? The past decade the Vikings have gone into every game with a disadvantage, we've always had the least smartest or least experienced coach on the field and we're not going to win crap until this same failed formula changes.