PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Sign Benny Sapp

i_bleed_purple
11-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Vikings Blog | Vikings Sign Sapp, Place Winfield On Reserve/Injured (http://blog.vikings.com/2011/11/16/vikings-sign-sapp-place-winfield-on-reserveinjured/)

Like it!

I actually liked the guy when he was here. Had a bit of a hot head, but actually covered fairly decently. Hell of alot better than anybody else we have right now.

Johnson14
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Yessir!!....

Glad to have Benny back.. I, along with you IBP, liked the guy and am glad to have him back :bow: .... now, if only we can cut Camarillo then that horrible trade can be forgotten! :think:

skum
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Should have happened earlier

tastywaves
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I was never too impressed with the guy. He should fit right in with our current crew.

DuffMan
11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
They probably weren't going to find anybody better who can step right in and play, but isn't there somebody younger with more upside they could have brought in?

sabatajh
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
I am ok with the pick up... Like others have said.. you can't due much worse. Plus with the lack of depth its not like there are a ton of option sitting out there without a job we needed to sign a player. It sounds like he might have lost a bit though the end of the article mentioned he got cut after week 1 and getting burned for a 99 yard touchdown.... Although he can't be any worse than Griffin....

battleaxe4cheese
11-16-2011, 07:18 PM
What do we have to lose?

ConnecticutViking
11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Although he can't be any worse than Griffin....

When you have low expectations, the only way to go is up. I agree, can't be worse.

Purple Floyd
11-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, we cut him because he couldn't make our roster and we have possibly the worst secondary in the league.Then he goes to Miami where the secondary is maybe worse than ours and gets cut after one game because Brady made him look like a stone statue. It only stands to figure that a man with his unique qualification would be a perfect fit.

Stonecoldet3
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, we cut him because he couldn't make our roster and we have possibly the worst secondary in the league.Then he goes to Miami where the secondary is maybe worse than ours and gets cut after one game because Brady made him look like a stone statue. It only stands to figure that a man with his unique qualification would be a perfect fit.

I dont think he was cut, he was traded for Greg Camarillo

Purple Floyd
11-16-2011, 10:00 PM
You are correct. But in the end that doesn't change anything imho

singersp
11-17-2011, 07:12 AM
You are correct. But in the end that doesn't change anything imho

Since we traded Camarillo for him, It still leaves 1 roster spot open since Winfield was put on IR.

I wonder what superstar they'll bring in to fill that vacancy?

Purple Floyd
11-17-2011, 07:33 AM
We did not trade Camarillo for Sapp, we traded Sapp for Camarillo last year so there is no open roster spot.

acman1
11-17-2011, 02:16 PM
What's the over/under on penalties he makes this week. I could be wrong, but I remember him making a ton of stupid penalties the last time he was here...The man we should have kept or signed or whatever was Frank Walker...

Johnson14
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
What's the over/under on penalties he makes this week. I could be wrong, but I remember him making a ton of stupid penalties the last time he was here...The man we should have kept or signed or whatever was Frank Walker...

I would have not been too unhappy with that..

delviking
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
i was hoping in the off seaon we would have kept walker too. he had something like 2 ints and several passes defended for us last year in really limited playing time.

now he did drop like 3 ints against vick last year but ill take a dropped int over the completions we've been giving up.

marshallvike
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Dfoster, you are sooo lucky we didn't pick him up last week. Could have been a whole different ball game.:p

Purple Floyd
11-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Dfoster, you are sooo lucky we didn't pick him up last week. Could have been a whole different ball game.:p

:rofl:

Traveling_Vike
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm fine with this pickup, for much the same reasons everyone has already stated. There's not much better out there to be had.

He's not truly a cover guy, though, which is what we really need. He IS a big hitter, and something of an intimidator because of it, so that may help some if he gets in a few good licks right away.

My sympathy to Winfield, whose career is probably done now.