PDA

View Full Version : Winfield says he's 'good to go'

singersp
11-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Vikings CB Antoine Winfield says he's 'good to go' for Monday night

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield says he's 'good to go' for Monday night - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19284039)

Purple Floyd
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
It won't probably hurt to have him in the game but he sure isn't going to be any help covering that group of WR's. Maybe he can get a good shot in on Rodgers during a blitz and slow him down a bit but otherwise he isn't going to change anything.

Although Frazier was a dumbass for not waiting until game time to stick him in because we now lost the element of surprise. Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

singersp
11-09-2011, 08:21 AM
It won't probably hurt to have him in the game but he sure isn't going to be any help covering that group of WR's. Maybe he can get a good shot in on Rodgers during a blitz and slow him down a bit but otherwise he isn't going to change anything.

Although Frazier was a dumbass for not waiting until game time to stick him in because we now lost the element of surprise. Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

He's a DB, not a QB.

And if you still believe there was no video on Ponder or that McCarthy & the team didn't watch video of him, you just might try GOOGLEing it.

There was & they did.

BTW, my guess is they are not going to target Winfield's side of the field as much as they would have if Asher Allen was defending it, but you feel free to think they will.

tastywaves
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Winfield is an upgrade over Asher, he will be needed as will every other guy pretending to be a DB on our roster.

I do like the idea of sending Winfield after Rodgers though, hell I wouldn't mind seeing all 11 on the opening play barreling after Rodgers and planting his smug ass into the hallowed Lambeau turf just to set the tone.

Purple Floyd
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
It would work especially well if they had been preparing for Asher all week and then we sent out Winfield unannounced.

tastywaves
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
It would work especially well if they had been preparing for Asher all week and then we sent out Winfield unannounced.

I'm sure they would be mystified. Unfortunately, I think they are preparing for us to have nobody playing DB on Monday.

battleaxe4cheese
11-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm glad he's back, too bad he's not ten years younger.:think:

battleaxe4cheese
11-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Could of used Cook out there...thanks dipshit.

jargomcfargo
11-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Well Green Bay didn't work out during the lock out so I'm sure that will counterbalance such a significantly egregious error by Frazier.

thorshammer
11-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Winfield is an upgrade over Asher, he will be needed as will every other guy pretending to be a DB on our roster.

I do like the idea of sending Winfield after Rodgers though, hell I wouldn't mind seeing all 11 on the opening play barreling after Rodgers and planting his smug ass into the hallowed Lambeau turf just to set the tone.
Would love to see Winfield sent on every down to plant Rodgers ..... He is a smug punk pretty boy.

singersp
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Winfield's return boosts secondary's confidence

Winfield's return boosts secondary's confidence | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/133751633.html)

Purple Floyd
11-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I just hope after the rest that he is better in pass coverage because we are going to need it.

jessejames09
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
This would be a great game for the patented Winfield sack, FF, FR, TD.

I think it would look even better on Rodgers this year than it did on Vick last year.. And that was some good comeuppance.