PDA

View Full Version : Harvin fined $7,500 for sideline scrap

singersp
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Vikings receiver Percy Harvin fined $7,500 for sideline scrap with Captain Munnerlyn

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin fined $7,500 for sideline scrap with Captain Munnerlyn | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/133256858.html)

RK.
11-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Looks like Munnerlyn got away with one there. He clearly drove Harvin out of bounds well past the line and then throws a punch. I agree with Harvin. What film was the NFL looking at?

Brewtal
11-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Harvin has a right to be pissed. That being said, who cares about the fine I'm glad to see him in there protecting himself in the middle of the opposing teams bench.

Traveling_Vike
11-06-2011, 02:40 AM
It's a fairly light fine as such things go, but sometimes it isn't about the money.

It's very tough to hold back in the heat of the moment, but every player should know by now that it is almost always the second guy who gets nailed, not the one who starts it.

Purple Floyd
11-06-2011, 05:39 AM
He will get his payback some day

12purplepride28
11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Munnerlyn is a bitch. I hate him.

singersp
11-07-2011, 06:45 AM
It's a fairly light fine as such things go, but sometimes it isn't about the money.

It's very tough to hold back in the heat of the moment, but every player should know by now that it is almost always the second guy who gets nailed, not the one who starts it.

I know it is almost always the second guy who gets nailed with the penalty, but that shouldn't be true for fines.

Even though they watch the video of the play, how many times has the NFL actually fined the player who initiated a fight as well as the player who retaliated? You don't have to have a penalty called against you to merit a fine.

Based on what RK said, Munnerlyn should have been fined as well, but the NFL just ignored it.

battleaxe4cheese
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I know it is almost always the second guy who gets nailed with the penalty, but that shouldn't be true for fines.

Even though they watch the video of the play, how many times has the NFL actually fined the player who initiated a fight as well as the player who retaliated? You don't have to have a penalty called against you to merit a fine.

Based on what RK said, Munnerlyn should have been fined as well, but the NFL just ignored it.

I agree 100%