PDA

View Full Version : Passing threat has AD off to the races

singersp
10-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Passing threat has Peterson off to the races

Vikings Insider: Passing threat has Peterson off to the races | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/132857138.html)

singersp
10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Seventy-two yards later, the Green Bay defense had its warning. Yep, the Vikings suddenly had a dangerous vertical passing attack.

To that point, the Vikings had run 356 plays this season and had thrown 174 passes. Yet they had only four completions longer than 30 yards.

Suddenly, Peterson felt less claustrophobic. He trampled the Packers for a season-high 175 yards.

On Peterson's 54-yard run last week, the Packers didn't load the box.

Highlighted some areas just for you Marrdro.

Purple Floyd
10-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Seventy-two yards later, the Green Bay defense had its warning. Yep, the Vikings suddenly had a dangerous vertical passing attack.

To that point, the Vikings had run 356 plays this season and had thrown 174 passes. Yet they had only four completions longer than 30 yards.

Suddenly, Peterson felt less claustrophobic. He trampled the Packers for a season-high 175 yards.

On Peterson's 54-yard run last week, the Packers didn't load the box.

Highlighted some areas just for you Marrdro.

You missed one..

Again, they were preparing against a rookie QB, not a veteran. The game is much faster for a rookie in his first game & he'll be easier to rattle than a veteran QB who has been playing for 10+years.
Last I checked, Ponder was 13-32 (40%). If you want to claim that's a result of piss-poor defensive play & it allowed Ponder to have a great 40% completion percentage, your certainly entitled to that opinion. I won't agree with it.

What makes you think their game plan didn't focus on stopping Ponder from completing passes? Was it the 13 of 32 that lead you to believe it? In the game I watched, Ponder was running around for his life trying to avoid sacks & make a play.